Message Board

Main Section
Register New Posts

Author Comment

Kathy

Reply with quote  #1 
Site Meter

ETA with shaky fingers: Not signed on the dotted line yet due to all the dotted lines that have to be signed, but it is as done a deal as can be without shedding ink.

Thorsten Kaye will be taping a good number of shows, starting at the end of June. No details about storyline but Zach will be returning alive and well.

Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Now I can EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

My baby is home!
Dolly

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #3 
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tjsmith

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for posting this Kathy!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I am so excited. Welcome home...Beloved!
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

" ......Zach will be returning alive and well."

Just made my day!!!!!!!!!!!     
Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Nah...I'm not too excited at all, huh?  LMAO!
luv_at_first_byte

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Cartwheels around the room---Yippppeeeeeeeee--My daytime just hasn't been the same---I can't wait.

mandy

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #8 
FANTASTIC NEWS
EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

I'm crying I'm so darn HAPPY!

Katbert

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I finally signed up after all these years of lurking, just so I could say:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Hurry back, Handsome.  Your wife and boys needs you desperately, and so do I!!
Teresa

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #10 
This is great news... I saw the post on Facebook but made a mad dash here to see if it was true & it is... Thank you TK for coming back, let's hope they give you worthy material.  

Also I read that Frons is replacing AMC & OLTL with a cooking show & a weight loss reality show, because women don't want escapism in their lives... Ummm with TK on a show... All I want to do is escape to where he is... the ass is totally clueless...

Beverly

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Kathy, thanks for posting the good news.   Now at least will get us some Zach time and TK time.   Will have to set the DVR again.

Beverly

toasty2

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #12 
YES YES YES

Thank you ladies for this WONDERFUL new.
Diva

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you Kathy for the great, long awaited news!!!!!!

Thorsten, you have been Sooooooo missed.......

Daiva
Maisie

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Can't wait to see TK back in action!  Thanks for posting this good news, Kathy!!!

Roseann

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Thanks for the great news, Kathy!!!   
merckw

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

kchistory

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Great News! Thanks for telling us even before the ink was dry!

zachlives

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #18 
This is one teacher who just got one more reason to ADORE summer! I actually got goosebumps when I read the news!
Life in Pine Valley is officially something to watch again. Welcome back gorgeous man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously. GORGEOUS
getitright

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #19 

Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

kj_wilson

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Thanks for this great news!!

searose

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Quote:
Site Meter

but Zach will be returning alive and well.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

1) MR. KAYE RETURNS TO OUR TVs! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

2) ZACH IS ALIVE AND WELL! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT's called a double-dose of good news.  Thanks for making my morning, Kathy!  I have always loved the month of August, but it is even more highly anticipated this year, LOL.

I know I am pressing my luck here, but any chance that Patrick will return just to rescue Margaret from insaneview?

pah

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #22 
    Seeing it here makes it official. I can breathe again. This dry spell has been too long .  I need me some Zach, LOTS  and LOTS of Zach, and ASAP!

And Searose,  reatrick.......I have been thinking the same thing. With Tk's work on AMC ending in Aug., he'd have plenty of time to film something for OLTL before its January departure. I hope they have the good sense to use him while they can. I'm for ANYTHING that will extend my TK viewing time. Miss him something awful every single day that he's not onscreen.
Kathy

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Quote:
Site Meter

but Zach will be returning alive and well.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

1) MR. KAYE RETURNS TO OUR TVs! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

2) ZACH IS ALIVE AND WELL! EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT's called a double-dose of good news.  Thanks for making my morning, Kathy!  I have always loved the month of August, but it is even more highly anticipated this year, LOL.

I know I am pressing my luck here, but any chance that Patrick will return just to rescue Margaret from insaneview?

Searose, I'm afraid not. This Patrick return isn't about Patrick, it's about the return of Todd and it's a mystery to me why they bothered to drag Patrick into it except to torture Patrick and Marty fans even more than we've been tortured already.. The only way Patrick could rescue Marty would be off-screen since his encore was planned for after she'd already departed. To pound the final nail into the coffin, just because they could, I suppose (but I'll never understand why).

Thorsten declined to return so OLTL hired "the back of Patrick's head" (that's how I'm referring to fauxPatrick, in honor of Nick at Nite's long-ago classic Patty Duke Show promo.)

And I wanted to clarify my "alive and well" comment in case anyone was wondering -- I asked TK if Zach came back as flesh or blood, or as a ghost (as some here were fearing). He said, alive and well, meaning, NOT a ghost. The formalities were just concluded yesterday, which is why there hadn't been time to sign anything yet but that will happen as soon as possible.
Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
  This Patrick return isn't about Patrick, it's about the return of Todd and it's a mystery to me why they bothered to drag Patrick into it except to torture Patrick and Marty fans even more than we've been tortured already.. The only way Patrick could rescue Marty would be off-screen since his encore was planned for after she'd already departed. To pound the final nail into the coffin, just because they could, I suppose (but I'll never understand why).

Pounds head against wall.  A Todd related return instead of the obviously more natural wished upon choice of Marty.  Seriously, WTF? So much for the magazine reports that TK turned down the opportunity to usher Marty/SH out.

Oh well, OLTL's loss is AMC's gain.  
searose

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Kathy, thank you for clarifying. TFIC at OLTL DESERVE the cancellation! They would rather have muscle heads crowd up the screens than give us a good show I guess. I can't stand the crap fest of Rex/Natalie/John/Christian and so on, I only watch bits and pieces because of Marty/SH. Once she is gone, I won't bother with it at all.

I don't have words to adequately describe what it means to me to have Zach alive and well! This will give me closure as I just couldn't accept that Zach was dead! Let's hope Zach finds his paradise in the end! For now, I am thrilled, over-joyed, excited, deliriously happy, and anxiously awaiting the return, however brief it may be, of the most beloved character of my TV viewing EVER! As in the past, I will enjoy every moment of the most amazing actor bringing back to life (pun very much intended, LOL) the most mesmerizing character!!!!!!
Kathy

Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

Pounds head against wall.  A Todd related return instead of the obviously more natural wished upon choice of Marty.  Seriously, WTF? So much for the magazine reports that TK turned down the opportunity to usher Marty/SH out.

Oh well, OLTL's loss is AMC's gain.  

That's what makes no sense!
(OMG -- watching Waltons rerun at the moment -- Bob Woods is on it!)
Maybe the plans is for The Back of Patrick's Head to usher out an upturned broom wearing an overcoat stuffed with pillows.
Kathy

Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Kathy, thank you for clarifying. TFIC at OLTL DESERVE the cancellation! They would rather have muscle heads crowd up the screens than give us a good show I guess. I can't stand the crap fest of Rex/Natalie/John/Christian and so on, I only watch bits and pieces because of Marty/SH. Once she is gone, I won't bother with it at all.

I'll never understand why Marty had to be the sacrificial lamb. I watched her from the day Susan first brought her to life, and really the only character I've ever cared about as much as Marty have been TK's characters. It's laying waste to such an incredible character who evolved so beautifully and (for a soap!) organically, such an FU slap in the face to everyone who loved her and loves Susan.

Quote:
I don't have words to adequately describe what it means to me to have Zach alive and well! This will give me closure as I just couldn't accept that Zach was dead! Let's hope Zach finds his paradise in the end! For now, I am thrilled, over-joyed, excited, deliriously happy, and anxiously awaiting the return, however brief it may be, of the most beloved character of my TV viewing EVER! As in the past, I will enjoy every moment of the most amazing actor bringing back to life (pun very much intended, LOL) the most mesmerizing character!!!!!!

I can't think of a thing to add to your quote!
Christy

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:

That's what makes no sense!
(OMG -- watching Waltons rerun at the moment -- Bob Woods is on it!)
Maybe the plans is for The Back of Patrick's Head to usher out an upturned broom wearing an overcoat stuffed with pillows.

Sigh...Quality Street, I adore that movie and would just kill to see them in a remake!!!!
san1gray

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #29 

i am so excited that Thorsten is coming back to AMC, i very sorry the show is ending, but i am glad he will be back to finish the show, because the shows is not the same without him, Do we know when his first air date will be

Cindy

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #30 
I'm so excited that TK is returning!!  He is totally missed and needed on AMC, the show has suffered greatly from his exit.

Thanks for the information.
ShadyLady

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #31 
What wonderful, fabulous, exciting news about TK coming back.  I'm totally looking forward to that.  Woohoo!

peggy

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #32 

That is great that TK will be the there to wind things up.  At least we can tune back in then.  The Red Wings are doing great and I am sure TK is very happy about that. Peggy 

Kathy

Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by san1gray

i am so excited that Thorsten is coming back to AMC, i very sorry the show is ending, but i am glad he will be back to finish the show, because the shows is not the same without him, Do we know when his first air date will be

We don't know that yet.
searose

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #34 

For those who did not watch The View today, Susan Lucci was discussing the cancellation and said that the last air date for AMC is September 23rd.  So we know when The End is, just not the beginning of our tuning back in, LOL.

Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
For those who did not watch The View today, Susan Lucci was discussing the cancellation and said that the last air date for AMC is September 23rd.  So we know when The End is, just not the beginning of our tuning back in, LOL.

Thanks for the info, Searose.  Color me surprised.  I thought for sure when they said it would air thru September, they meant September 1, lol.  Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened, lol.
Nancie

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #36 

I am so excited they teased me last year with a few airing dates and took him away and broke my heart and now they have mended it with him coming back but I don't know now if I can wait that long. I want Ricky gone and Zack would be the perfect person to put him in his place. But that would me I have to put up with this stupid story line for another month or so. I guess what ever it takes to get my man Zach back to look at and listen to and be in heaven for a hour with. Hope this makes sense to all. I am just so excited I can't get my words out right. Haaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

zachlives

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Yes, Zach needs to stomp Ricky with a magnificent Zach vengeance!

Nancie

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #38 

I am so excited I can't ( I can) stand it. I wish it were tomorrow I turn the TV on and Zach was there. That beautiful face and person. ABC ( All My Children) hurry up and get him on air so we can see him Pllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeee.. Having to wait is going to drive me crazzzzzzzzzzy.

Kimski

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Thanks so much, I can now watch some of ABC Daytime again.  I haven't done that in a very long time.

Can't wait to see Thorsten breathe life back into Zach.

Kimski
Bee

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #40 
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  It's about freaked time!  Just glad that TK is back to put  (I hope & pray) a "happy ever after" ending to the Zendall story line as AMC is driven into the sunset by the FIIC.

I just want one last chance to say goodbye to the best actor on TV. 

Bee
Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #41 
TK return news is now on the official ABC website! 

http://abc.go.com/shows/all-my-children/photo-details/comings-and-goings/777713/777694

Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Wooot!  Official ABC Press Release!!!!

Thursday, May 12, 2011
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
THORSTEN KAYE RETURNS TO ALL MY CHILDREN

BELOVED ACTOR THORSTEN KAYE RETURNS TO "ALL MY CHILDREN"

ABC's Emmy Award-winning daytime drama "All My Children" welcomes back Thorsten Kaye, who originally debuted on "All My Children" in 2004. Kaye's character, Zach Slater, was last seen happily married to Kendall Hart Slater in 2010. Viewers were shocked when Zach's plane blew up when he was traveling to help Ryan and Greenlee, while Greenlee was on trial for David's murder. This summer fans will be riveted as Zach returns to Pine Valley.

Kaye's return will follow Cady McClain reprising her role as Dixie Martin on "All My Children." In 2007, Dixie was seemingly murdered before she could be reunited with the daughter she gave away at birth. McClain's first airdate is set for Tuesday, May 17th.

Both Zach's return and Dixie's will coincide with a summer filled with fan favorite character appearances and heartfelt surprises.

"All My Children" celebrated its 41st anniversary on January 5th, 2011. "All My Children" took home the 1998 Emmy Award for Outstanding Daytime Drama Series, the third time the show received this top honor, having also garnered the award in 1994 and 1992. In 2004 the show also received its third consecutive Emmy Award for Outstanding Daytime Drama Series Writing, its third Writers Guild Award and its fourth GLAAD Media Award in March 2007.

Created by Agnes Nixon, "All My Children" premiered on the ABC Television Network on January 5, 1970, as a half-hour show; seven years later it expanded to an hour. Julie Hanan Carruthers is executive producer with Lorraine Broderick as head writer. "All My Children" is produced in Los Angeles and airs MONDAY-FRIDAY (1:00-2:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Contacts/ "All My Children"

Beloved, indeed!!!  Woooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

tjsmith

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Eeeeeeee! Thanks for posting this Alina!

I love when TK is called Beloved...perfect description!

Can't wait for summer!
Beverly

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Alina, you beat me to the post.   Yes, beloved indeed.    Thanks for posting.

Christy

Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:

BELOVED ACTOR THORSTEN KAYE

Because that just can't be stated often enough (to channel Lulu, I wish I could write it in letters 10 feet high)!!!!!  ABC finally gets something right!

Thanks, Alina! 

Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #46 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

BELOVED ACTOR THORSTEN KAYE

Because that just can't be stated often enough

So, so true!

BELOVEDBELOVEDBELOVED
searose

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #47 
BELOVED BELOVED BELOVED!

THAT he certainly is!

This fan will certainly be riveted

I don't know who makes TIIC's " fan favorites" list. Though I would love to see Adam, Dimitri, Maria, Charlie and Haley/Mateo make appearances, I just hope that there will be ample Zach-time for us. HE will always be our priority .

Thanks for posting, Alina!
Froggie

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #48 
EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would love to see the ratings go through the roof - right before cancellation.  It won't change anything, and TMIC still won't get a clue, but I'd love to see it anyway.

I could be totally wrong here, but Thorsten always seemed like the kind of person to whom finishing what he starts is important.  So it seems that this will be a good thing for him too, to be able to give Zach a proper sendoff.  I know it will be wonderful for all of us to have a reason to watch AMC's last few weeks.

zachlives

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #49 

Just watched AMC for the first time in months and Kendall hugged Griffin way too long. Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but PLEEEEEEASE tell me this will come to a screeching halt now that Zach is returning! I do NOT want any "I'm confused because I love you both" story lines!

Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #50 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachlives
I do NOT want any "I'm confused because I love you both" story lines!

UGH, that would be grotesque and a real buzz kill unless Zach tells her he's back for the boys and she can have Griffin!  And then he tells her not to worry about him, that his new love is on her way to PV to join him!  Enter Susan Haskell as a new character or Eva LaRue as Maria.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: