Message Board

Main Section
Register New Posts

Author Comment

Kathy

Reply with quote  #1 
Site MeterLadies, this is what we know and can share from Thorsten.

Thorsten is not relocating to LA with AMC, and he is not commuting to AMC after its move. It looks as if his last AMC tape date may be in November.

If that changes, we will let you know, but that is where things stand for now.

PS We're not going anywhere!

The Humane Society of the United States

searose

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Thank you for the eagerly awaited update, Kathy!  Now I know that I, along with the vast majority, won't be watching AMC in 2010!

I would love to see Zach Slater move to Llanview or Genoa City, so that the selfish little me can continue watching him, but I have no idea where Y&R is taped, nor do I know whether he wishes to continue as Zach Slater.

No matter what Mr. Kaye decides to do, we will, ALWAYS AND FOREVER be his fans, and enjoy his work.  He has captured our hearts, and WE won't go anywhere either!

Most importantly, I wish him the best the future can bring, and all the happiness he deserves!

Alina

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Saddest thing I've ever read

I'm kind of speechless right now and just want to cry.

Well, as my signature says, wherever TK goes...I go.   He's got my unconditional love and support and I wish him all the best in whatever he decides to do next.

Thanks for letting us know.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

theotherDi

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you Kathy.  Like Alina said this is one of the saddest things I've read.  I will miss seeing TK work his magic but I'm sure he is doing what's best for him and his family. Much love to him always!!!

Yes I'm with him wherever he goes~!

Thanks Mon
flamom05

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I think I'm going to cry too!! 

Best of luck to him in whatever he decides to do...hopefully it won't be long before he's back on my screen.

Thanks Fil!
Dolly

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Well. I'm weeping. And when he's gone, so am I.
Cindy

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I'm so sad to read that Kathy...I can't even imagine not seeing TK every day on my show (which won't be after he is gone by the way).  I wish TK luck in what ever he does and hope to see him some place soon on TV or in person.  I will miss him terribly!!!!!!!!!

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Well count me in for having tears in my eyes---on my face---and on my damn keyboard.
We may be losing Zach Slater--but we still have TK in our lives--and all the wonderful people that he has brought together.
Where ever TK goes--I'm there like a dirty Luv Byte---LOL
Always

Fil

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Kathy, thank you for letting us know.

Even though we knew that Thorsten would most likely not be moving to LA with the show, I feel as though we had a death in the family. 

I've been with him since 1995 and I am not going anywhere either.  No matter where he winds up in the future, I will be there.

I am very sad but I also know that we will see Thorsten doing something elsewhere in the future.  He is too good of an actor not to be grabbed up by another show.

I love him and wish him all the luck in the world.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

tjsmith

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you, Kathy for the update.

I am so sad right now and I will miss seeing Zach Slater on my tv screen, but I am a Thorsten Kaye fan for life. All My Children lost a viewer...the last day he airs is my last day watching. We were so blessed to have him portray the role of Zach Slater as long as he did and I was priviledged to watch him weave his magic...he will be sorely missed.

All my best to him and his family. I will be waiting and watching for the next thing he does.

Tracy
jam

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Thanks for the update Kathy.  I knew I wasn't going to trust anything I read . . . until I read it here.

I am literally sitting here in work with tears in my eyes.  It amazes me how attached I have come to a fiction character.

While I completely understand TK's decision . . . I'm just not ready to say goodbye to Zach Slater.  However, I don't think I'd ever be ready for that.

Okay, I am officially starting the support group we are so desperately going to need.

June

P.S.  On a happier note . . . I don't have to watch AMC anymore!!

SCSharon

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #12 

I am just stunned.  My heart is officially broken now.  I only hope & pray that he turns up somewhere soon on my tv- I can't imagine my life without my daily TK fix.  I guess I need to give up retirement & get a job or something.  He told me in Hoboken to "Keep on taping" when I told him I'd taped every single thing he's done for 4 yrs, so maybe that's what he meant.  I'm solidly in his corner & I stand behind this decision & he has my full support & love forever.  I am a TK fan for life.  But AMC is over for me without him.  I just hope he will send us some good news about his future plans soon.  Good luck to you Thorsten!  Thanks for an amazing ride & there could never be another Zach Slater.  You are the mahn!

Sharon
Auntinette

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you for the update.  I hope where ever he ends up next, if he continues to act, that the writers will respect him and and whatever character he plays.  I also hope that he will not have to carry the entire show, but will have powerful actors to play off.  With few exceptions, what a burden these last few years must have been.

Thank you, ladies.

Angie

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Sad to hear that TK will no longer be on AMC!!!Maybe Patrick will now find his way back to Marty on OLTL

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Thank you for posting this, Kathy. This is a sad day for me : - (

I wish Thorsten well and will follow him wherever he goes.
Rhaya

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Sorry you ladies will be losing Zach. I cannot lie, I was sort of hoping this would happen and he would reprise Patrick on OLTL, but I do feel bad for those who are attached to his AMC character. At least those who wish to follow him wouldn't have to switch to a new channel since OL is an ABC soap too, if he lands there.
ShadyLady

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #17 
I'm heartbroken, but I wish TK and his wonderful family all the best. 

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Even knowing this day was coming (it was inevitable), doesn't make it any easier to bear.  Zach is my favorite TK creation and there are no words for how I will miss him.  He's my favorite because there is more of TK in him than in any other character he's ever played (although there's always SOME in there!)

I will follow him wherever he goes and when the curtain goes down on Zach, I'm done with AMC.  When he goes I go.  When and where. 

Love to all

Kay

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
toasty2

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #19 
OMG  Even though I expected this and don't blame him at all it breaks my heart that I won't see him every day on my screen.   Hopefully that won't be for long and he will be another great character on another show.   I've watched him since Patrick and I will ALWAYS follow him.

The good news is I can now turn off AMC which I have been watching my entire life because without him there is NO REASON to watch this garbage.
jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Site MeterLadies, this is what we know and can share from Thorsten.

Thorsten is not relocating to LA with AMC, and he is not commuting to AMC after its move. It looks as if his last AMC tape date may be in November.

If that changes, we will let you know, but that is where things stand for now.

PS We're not going anywhere!

I guess I read this with mixed feelings.  I will miss Zach Slater!  Thorsten has created a marvelous character regardless of the storylines he’s been given to “work” with (and I’m sure many a time it was tortuous for him) and he deserves better.  I will not miss AMC.  There is not a single character or storyline on this show that will keep me as a viewer without Thorsten/Zach.

I have followed Thorsten and his work for over 10 years and will continue to do so.  I shall remain in his audience in whatever he decides to do or where ever he decides to go. 

ABC – your moving AMC to LA has got to be one of the worst decisions in the history of the network.  Shooting AMC in HD or any elaborate new technology means nothing to me.  Absolutely nothing!  I would watch AMC if it were shot in black and white and with rabbit ears if cable wasn’t available as long as Thorsten Kaye graced my screen.

It’s the actors and storylines that are of value to viewers - and sometimes not even the ludicrous storylines are important if you have an actor of Thorsten Kaye’s ability that can still pull his audience in and make them believe every word and action his character portrays.  Of course none of this seems of any importance to your “suits.” 

So, I shall take a positive view of this as I have Thorsten’s other ventures into the unknown – “CREAM RISES!”  Thorsten always has and will do so again.

susa

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks Kathy for the information.
I can't imagine the show without the character of Zach Slater.  
I hope all goes well for TK personally and professionally and I hope to see him again soon in something else.
searose

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Jennifer, you are so right, HD will not improve the show or bring in viewers once TK is off the show. I wish TIIC had a slightest bit of business sense.  Talk about screwed up priorities!

kj_wilson

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Best wishes to TK and his family.  I'm sure he's doing the right thing for all of them.  I look forward to seeing him soon on something bigger and better.  Maybe he can write some great TV!

I will miss, miss, miss Zach Slater.

I will NOT miss watching AMC.  After 30 years of watching, I will stop with no problem whatsoever.  I have only been watching Zach scenes for the past 3 years anyway, so when he goes, I go.

Way to go TFIIC!

NewsAnchorWife

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Ya know what, good for him! He can do better than what Pratt and Co. write for that show anyway. I would really love to see him back on OLTL either as Ian or Patrick. I bet the return of Patrick or the arrival of Ian in Llanview would give TK some meaty material to work with that could result in an Emmy win for him and he can shove that in Pratt’s face.

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #25 

So sad and such a loss for TK as well as the cast of AMC.  I wonder if I should cancel my plans for Rock the Soap....I don't want to go if he isn't going.

ShadyLady

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Just thinking out loud...You don't think they will recast the role of Zach? 
The thought of somebody else playing the character makes me sick.

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I, too, am so sad to see Zach Slater go, but I know that TK is doing what's best for him and his family.  For that I am glad.  Just before TK first came to AMC I was about to stop watching.  I stayed on to watch him.  Now I'm out as of his last airdate.  There isn't anything else appealing about the show for me right now, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Best wishes to TK.  I look forward to seeing what he does next.
southernbelle

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Thanks ladies for the update. I can't believe I was just about to sit down and write asking if there had been any decision or announcement made and I found it here today. I, like others, have seen and read all kinds of speculation, but I knew not to believe any of it until I saw it here. TK/Zach/s last day on AMC will give me an excuse to quit watching this train wreck of a soap. I became a TK fan after first seeing him on AMC, so I never experienced Ian or Patrick, except through the videos on this site, so maybe, just maybe we will all get the chance to see him weave his magic in one of those rolls again. Who knows?! I wish him well and know that he will do whatever is best for his lovely family. He's just that kind of guy! With his talent, he could do anything!

Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia

So sad and such a loss for TK as well as the cast of AMC.  I wonder if I should cancel my plans for Rock the Soap....I don't want to go if he isn't going.

As we know, shit happens, so none of the actors on the cruise can be guaranteed, but Thorsten's participation with the cruise isn't contingent on his being on AMC. All we can say is that unless something unforeseen happens between now and then, he's still cruising! So now actually would be a good time to sign up if you haven't already -- you can show support for TK and get a discount if you follow the instructions on the home page.

The Humane Society of the United States

jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Jennifer, you are so right, HD will not improve the show or bring in viewers once TK is off the show. I wish TIIC had a slightest bit of business sense.  Talk about screwed up priorities!

And something else that amazes me.  Isn't a television network a "business?"  Aren't they there to make the almight dollar?  And losing Thorsten is going to help them, how?  The "click" they hear on his last show will most likely be deafening.
jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #31 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLady

Who cares?  They could have recast "Patrick" on OLTL and I wouldn't have watched.  Thorsten cements his characters into your heart and head.  No one can fill his shoes.
ShadyLady

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLady

Who cares?  They could have recast "Patrick" on OLTL and I wouldn't have watched.  Thorsten cements his characters into your heart and head.  No one can fill his shoes.

Exactly!  The show will probably go off air because of this crap.   TK will rock whatever he does next.  

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #33 
I am so upset. I kind of knew this was going to happen but... I was hoping I was wrong. I have watched AMC for years. First they killed my Dixie... Now No more Zach....I don't think I will be watching anymore. If they RE CAST the character forget it!!! NO ONE can play Zach... TK is Zach!

I will miss Zach alot. Look forward to what ever TK is up too next!
TKfanatic48

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Thanks, Kathy for the real story from Thorsten on what his decision is regarding AMC,the move etc. I wholeheartedly support TK in not wanting to uproot his family or try to commute 3,000 miles each week! It's with a heavy heart that I say good-bye to his character, Zach Slater. A recast will never fly for me...so when Zach/TK bid adieu to AMC so will I.

It's comforting to know that this website isn't going anywhere.  We need to form a support group for those who will miss their daily TK fix!

I only discovered TK five years ago but iI will continue to follow his career wherever it leads.

Thank you, Thorsten.  Best wishes on whatever you decide to pursue.  Meeting you in July at the Hoboken Book Signing was definitely a "bucket list" moment that will cherish forever.

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Oh man wait until my Mother comes back from vacation.  That is going to be one broken hearted woman.  On the other hand good for him he did not  make this move.  Whatever his reasons are I am certain he will thrive and be a happier person for it.  He was extremely eloquent how he answered the questions at the first mention of this move.  Very very smart guy. 

I feel sad for all you ladies that are so loyal to this man.  Your are all real cool people and I am sure very appreciated. Also I would like to make mention of how well the webmasters maintain this site.  Nice nice job.

He even started to grow on me. 

Megan

Megan
ShadyLady

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #36 

I think we should take a  special cruise with just TK and his family with all of us.   I bet we could fill up the ship. Then he will know how much we all adore him.

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
I think we should take a  special cruise with just TK and his family with all of us.   I bet we could fill up the ship. Then he will know how much we all adore him. 

That sounds like a GREAT idea. 
theotherDi

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia

As we know, shit happens, so none of the actors on the cruise can be guaranteed, but Thorsten's participation with the cruise isn't contingent on his being on AMC. All we can say is that unless something unforeseen happens between now and then, he's still cruising! So now actually would be a good time to sign up if you haven't already -- you can show support for TK and get a discount if you follow the instructions on the home page.

I've been signed up for the cruise since it was announced that Thorsten would be sailing again (and this time the kid gets to go with me).  Didn't know about the discount but I'd pay over and above to see TK!  Does this mean that the new book will possibly be ready??  Yes I'm always looking ahead  

My support for Thorsten will not stop because he isn't on AMC. I'm behind him no matter what!!

Thanks Mon
TKforMe

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Thanks Kathy for the info.  I will certainly miss seeing the one and only Zach Slater, but I am looking forward to whatever TK presents us with next.  Where he goes you will find me.  Thanks TK for a wonderful ride!!

Jackie
Sainte

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #40 

I am not surprised by TK's decision and greatly admire him for putting his family first.  That said.....  Along with everyone else, AMC will be dead to me once his last airs; no one else could possibly portray Zach.  I look forward to seeing him another role soon; you can't keep a good man down.

Enis

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #41 

Kathy, Thank you so much for the update about Thorsten. As much as I hate it, at last we know something.  Its so funny because I was going to come to this board today and ask how you were all feeling with all the uncertainty (SP) of not knowing what was happening.  Now I know, I dont like it, but I know.

I will never watch AMC again after TK leaves, I wish him and Susan all the best, the girls too of course.  I'm sure he'll carry on with his poetry, maybe we could get a booksigning!!!!!! Who knows 

Hopefully we'll see him on the cruise.

Take care,
Enis

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #42 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selma
Kathy, thank you for letting us know.

Even though we knew that Thorsten would most likely not be moving to LA with the show, I feel as though we had a death in the family. 

I've been with him since 1995 and I am not going anywhere either.  No matter where he winds up in the future, I will be there.

I am very sad but I also know that we will see Thorsten doing something elsewhere in the future.  He is too good of an actor not to be grabbed up by another show.

I love him and wish him all the luck in the world.

Selma, you have said everything i am feeling right now,you all have.Wishing TK all the BEST.He has my support always too.
Thank you Kathy.

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Thank you for letting us know Kathy. I am disgusted with how ABC has treated TK. I think they should bank on the show tanking.  I know I won't watch after he is gone. That is a real shame. I have watched this show since it began.

You are the best TK. I will never ever forget meeting you at the CD listening party so many years ago. I will watch you in whatever you decide to do.

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
After watching AMC for 30+ years, TK's last air date will also be my last viewing date.  There will be nothing and no one left on that show that is worth 60 minutes of my day.  For the last 5 years, TK/Zach has been AMC for me.   I'm cautiously optimistic that some "other" show will scoop him up, and keep him on our tv screens every day.  In my world, the Slaters would pack up the "At Last" and sail from Pine Valley to Llanview (they have an ocean too, LOL!).  Llanview could use a casino, couldn't they??  Besides, maybe they'll still have the set in NY!  From my lips to the soapgod's ears!

No matter WHAT happens, I am and always will be a Thorsten Kaye fan.  I will support him and follow him wherever he goes.

Thank you, Thorsten, for being the best thing that's ever happened to AMC   I hope we haven't seen the last of Zach Slater, but whatever role you decide to do next, please know that we're all with you!  We're not that easy to get rid of!

Thanks, Kathy for letting us know, and also for reassuring us that this wonderful site isn't going anywhere!

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #45 
Kathy, thanks for the update, I too feel sad and agree with what everyone else has stated already.    I wish Thorsten, Susan and the girls all the best and I'll forever be his fan and love him for who he is and will follow him.

Yes, I've already signed up for the cruise and now I'm really glad.    Like Di said, hopefully another book will be forthcoming soon as well as I'm sure TK will be snatched up by another program.  

Best of Luck Thorsten to you and your family and you have our support.

Beverly

PS, what will I do when I come home from work now to destress.   (not sure if that's a word)

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #46 
Like everyone else here, when TK leaves AMC so do I.
I've watched AMC since the very first show but I have only endured the rest of the crap the last few years for TK. Without him there is no reason to watch and I doubt the show will last a year.
I just hope we don't have too long a dry spell before we have the magic of Thorsten Kaye back on our screens.

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #47 

Thank you Kathy for letting us know - The best to TK, Susan, McKenna, and Marlowe - Will sure miss him and enjoyed meeting him in 07 and 08 at Disney - It would not have been fair for him to have to be away from his family - His devotion fo family is one of the reasons we love him so much - Peggy

Deb

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #48 
What a man!  It sounds as if he has made the right decision for all the right reasons!  It is too bad that it means the loss of an interesting character on TV and a tremendous actor sharing his talents with us on a regular basis.
I will miss him immensely.  Although I came late to this particular party, I became an enthusiastic fan immediately.  At one time I pictured myself being a "world traveler"  upon retirement.  Worked hard, saved wisely and researched places my husband and I would visit.  Unfortunately, and I won't go into details, health issues forced my husband into a very early retirement, and not a particularly happy or comfortable one.  It's a GREAT thing that I love my teaching job, as I suspect I will be doing it for a loooooong time.  Outside of that, our enjoyments, by necessity, come from much simpler things.  One huge enjoyment I have is watching TK and visiting this board.  I do not contribute often, but I derive so much pleasure from reading the comments of others.  That is why, when all is said and done, I am happy for TK and his family for his selflessness.  And I am tickled that this site is not going away!  I'll be visiting every day-enjoying everyones different personalities.  And waiting to see where TK will next let his talents shine through.
Thanks Kathy, Christy, Gina and all board members.

Deb
Mary

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #49 

Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Thank you for the eagerly awaited update, Kathy!  Now I know that I, along with the vast majority, won't be watching AMC in 2010!

I would love to see Zach Slater move to Llanview or Genoa City, so that the selfish little me can continue watching him, but I have no idea where Y&R is taped, nor do I know whether he wishes to continue as Zach Slater, LOL.

No matter what Mr. Kaye decides to do, we will, ALWAYS AND FOREVER be his fans, and enjoy his work.  He has captured our hearts, and WE won't go anywhere either!

Most importantly, I wish him the best the future can bring, and all the happiness he deserves!

Searose,Y&R is taped in CA,so he won't be going there.I think the only soaps left that will be in NY once AMC moves is OLTL&ATWT.Of cousre i would LOVE him back on OLTL with Susan,But wouldn't mind him on ATWT as Lynn Herring is on that show now,so is Julia Pinson,and John Lindstrom,lots of actors TK knows.Oh and Stuart Damon is on there too.I don't watch that soap but i would if TK went there.Only soaps i watch now are AMC,OLTL&Y&R.Once TK leaves so do I.

Registered Member
Reply with quote  #50 

Thank you for telling us! Like many here I am not surprised. He can do so much better, but I will miss Zach Slater as only he can do. I hope he does something that he will really love and hope that someday to see him again at a booksigning.

Thanks Fil!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation: