Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Site MeterInstead of posting this musical tribute in the videos folder I'm posting it here instead, because it really should be subtitled "The Greatest Hits of Zach Slater"... I squeezed as many inimitably breathtaking, heart-stopping, ruggedly handsome, intensely emotional, hauntingly memorable Zach moments as humanly possible into this one little video.

That face...

Without You

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Geez--let me just wipe all these tears off my face here. That was just awesome Kathy--thanks for making this vid.
I miss seeing TK so much.

Fil

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Ditto - that face.  Kathy how did you know exactly what I needed?  This is just indescribably magnificent!  Heart-stopping - now I remember exactly why I first fell in love with this incredible mahn.  Thanks so much for this amazing tribute! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you for making this magnificent masterpiece, Kathy.  I miss Thorsten more than I can say.  He never had to say a word, you knew what Zach was thinking.  There will never be another actor who can measure up to his talents.  I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face. You captured the best of Thorsten/Zach's greatest hits...awesome....just awesome.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Okaye Kathy!!

Just reading the damn title made me tear up!!

Just warn me . . . is it Harry Neilson or Mariah??  I somehow have to prepare myself before I watch!!

I've only been able to watch ONE older clip of Zach . . . and I lost it.  For some reason . . . I just can't watch them.  As soon as I saw him I said to myself . . . "they want me to believe this man is dead??"  And I just lost it.

I will try to watch later . . . when I'm more prepared to cry like a freakin' baby!! 

June

Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
What a wonderful thng to wake up to this morning!  Thank you for making this, Kathy.  Sometimes when I watch Kendall on AMC and see Griffin hovering over her, in my mind's eye it's TK/Zach. He is truly missed.

This one's a keeper.
peggylou

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Kathy - Thank you so much - You sure did a beautiful job and we all sure do appreciate that - Peggy

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

OMG !! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!   You have done what I have been promising  I would do for myself for over a year now.... collected  many of the most heart-stopping Zach-close-ups in one place........only my efforts would have lacked the music behind it since I can't do that.  Your selections are perfect, and so is the song. You had me weeping with loneliness for our man.Thank you.  Is there a way that we can download this treasure? I would love to have it in my collection.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
WOW!  The best, most enjoyable 4 minutes 31 seconds I've had in a long time.   All Zach!  Only Zach!   My kind of video, LOL.

Thanks Kathy!  This one's a keeper!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks so much for your comments, ladies! I must say I'm still recovering from making this video. It was an intense experience. When you get an almost daily dose of Zach, you can get spoiled and almost start taking all those memorable performances for granted. But after there's a break, when you just start clicking on random clips as I did when I started working on this... TK's eloquent, raw portrayal of Zach's most hidden depths just totally blows you away all over again.

I just played this video for my hubby and while it was playing, he commented that TK should star in the Eddie Vedder Story (we often "cast" movies like this... and personally I think it's a great idea -- Eddie Vedder's controlled, strong, deep, soulful voice is kind of like a singing "envoicement" of Zach) . When the video was over, he said he just noticed there was nobody else in the videoit except Zach, except for a couple of babies."   I intended for only Zach in it but those baby scenes could not be denied.

PS Talk about synchronicity, I just put TV on and TCM is showing the movie... Z. (Which I saw with my senior class when I was in high school. Wahhhh all over again.)

PS Pat, to DL the video just right click on the link.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
I keep hitting the play button over and over and over...and over and over....over over and over. This video really puts in tangible form how much I've missed Zach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

PS Talk about synchronicity, I just put TV on and TCM is showing the movie... Z. (Which I saw with my senior class when I was in high school. Wahhhh all over again.)

Damn. Seems like yesterday.

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Oh Kathy!!!!! Thank you for posting this beautiful mvid
I am crying buckets!! with all of my emotions spinning, wanting more and more, so I'm watching over and over and crying all over again. It's like I'm torturing myself!! but I can't let go of TK/Zach......I can't and I will not

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Thanks so much Kathy!   It was wonderful.  So miss seeing TK/Zach.  I'll watch over and over again. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Oh, Kathy....thank you so much for this beautiful video of that glorious face!!!!!!!  (And, the babies were cute too!)  We all miss him, but I don't think we realize just how much till we see something like this.  This was just the TK-fix I needed!  God...I miss him!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
     Thanks, Kathy, for the DL info. What a dunce I am.
      Lordy, I  miss Zach. The days just aren't the same without him, as the song says.
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Kathy, that is definitely a keeper.    After a very long day, 12 hours in a car but all worth it then to come home and see that clip just made my day even better.

I definitely miss my Zach/TK.    He's one of a kind and no one captures you in like him.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
AWWWW! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL video.Thank you so much Kathy.You made my evening. Seeing that KILLER smile of Zach/TK again.All Zach,only Zach as Alina, said,is my kind of video too.lol.So miss Zach.Back to watching again&again.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Hi Kathy, I just want to say, I loved the video,  and I do miss seeing him on the telly, hoping he will be back on the screen soon

thanks again

Sande
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
God!!  I still can't watch the damn thing.  People keep telling me how they cried and I'm not sure I can handle that.  I'm pissed at myself that I can't bring myself to watch any Zach clips.

Am I alone in this??

I wanted to say though, that I think Zach Slater is the best character of all time . . . on all soaps.  And trust me . . . I know them ALL.  LOL!!

June

tjsmith

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Amazing, Kathy! Thank you.

A friend told me it would make me remember all over again why we fell in love with the character...and it did. So many wonderful memories that came back as I watched the images flash by. Incomparable...Mr. Slater is. I still miss him every day when one o'clock comes around.

An amazing actor, such a beautiful man, a most beloved character and so many great memories...

Thanks again for the walk down memory lane.

nurlenz

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 

OMG Kathy, that was great. Seeing that makes me miss him more.

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
God!!  I still can't watch the damn thing.  People keep telling me how they cried and I'm not sure I can handle that.  I'm pissed at myself that I can't bring myself to watch any Zach clips.

Am I alone in this??

I wanted to say though, that I think Zach Slater is the best character of all time . . . on all soaps.  And trust me . . . I know them ALL.  LOL!!

June

Aww June, do you trust me?because i promise you if you watch this video Kathy made and seeing Zach & all these memories will put a smile on your face.Well,it did for me,and i hope it would for you.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

June,  while i do understand why it is so painful for you to watch Zach  now, I think you should give it a shot.  I guess everybody reacts differently to things, but I find it helpful to watch Zach as often as possible. When I can feast my eyes on that beautiful man and listen to the sound of his enticing voice it makes me feel like I am with him again for a little while at least. Like you, I miss him terribly and constantly, and sometimes my Z-discs are the only way I can handle his absence. Try it. It doesn't solve the problem but it does help me, maybe it can help you too. And oh yeah....I definitely advise watching Kathy's video......you'll cry, but with so much love!

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Thanks Mary and Pah!!  I'm thinking about it . . . I'm tempted . . . but still so afraid.

I know I am being overly dramatic, but this has hit me hard!!  I know it has all of you too . . . but for some reason . . . I am not shaking this saddness over losing Zach.

June

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Zach!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zabies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those eyes, all the Zadness and all those Zmiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Kathy!  This was a beatiful trip down memory lane.............

June, just do it, will you?  It will be worth shedding a few tears, I assure you!

kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Fantastic!!  Thank you so much!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 

That was awesome.  His smile gets me every time.

Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

Lovely. Thanks, Kathy. There is nothing like those eyes in all his moods- except for that smile.

Deb

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 

I miss him so much....

san1gray

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #30 

Me too, I never got the chance to see him originally on the show, but I am glad I got see the videos posted on the website, it game me a chance to see when he first came on the show.  I still watch them everyday wishing some day he will come back, one can dream can't they

amcwatcher59

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Gosh Kathy thank you so much what a wonderful loving project this video represents.

I love the fact that there is no dialogue but only music and TK's beautiful images.  Can you tell me what story arc the clips of Zach in the blue scrubs tied in the chair are from......I am racking my brain to place them and can't seem to.   Thank you again for this wonderful video montage!!!
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcwatcher59
Gosh Kathy thank you so much what a wonderful loving project this video represents.

I love the fact that there is no dialogue but only music and TK's beautiful images.  Can you tell me what story arc the clips of Zach in the blue scrubs tied in the chair are from......I am racking my brain to place them and can't seem to.   Thank you again for this wonderful video montage!!!

My pleasure and I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was both sad and wonderful to revisit so many Zach moments when making this video. Those clips are from a grim fantasy sequence when Zach was in jail after being arrested for the murder of Edmund Grey.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Dear Kathy,  You have done a truly masterful job of capturing the nuances of TKs ability to express emotions with eyes and face. I think what I miss most and your video brought it out...is the raw emotions he exhibits.  Not many men around...who can do that when acting or in real life.  I'm starting to think its harder to loose the fantasy of what might have been ...than the reality of what one might have had and lost.  I think like all of us, TK gave us through Zach, the whole package of what we would like to find in a man, and wasn't perfect ether.  I still miss him terribly...and have to come back and give him a mental hug...and to me...something to build a dream on when I go to sleep.  Thank you Kathy for making this...I shall keep it till it no longer plays.  Thank you all for sharing your grief, It has helped me knowing he is missed by others and I'm not a lunatic.  AMC needs to bring Zach home. 
Roseann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Kathy, thank you for doing this tribute to TK...Sure do miss seeing him and his smile everyday.....going back to watch again and again and......
Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 

((((((Kathy)))))) thank you so much for this.  This is my new TK fix.  It does make me weep, but it makes me smile, too.  So many moments, so many memories.  Thank you.

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 

Thank you Kathy...there are actors and then there are ACTORS. I cannot watch AMC without him and the sadness just gets to me. It seems so empty and deathly without him there...like someone has truly died and the memory is still so strong and overwhelming. No one else can touch my heart and soul the way he does. What a masterpiece of scenes.

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Site MeterInstead of posting this musical tribute in the videos folder I'm posting it here instead, because it really should be subtitled "The Greatest Hits of Zach Slater"... I squeezed as many inimitably breathtaking, heart-stopping, ruggedly handsome, intensely emotional, hauntingly memorable Zach moments as humanly possible into this one little video.

That face...

Without You

Late to the party here, Kathy - but fabulous job.  Beautiful.  Magnificent!

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
I'm late to the party too Kathy.   WOW   Great video.  Although I missed hearing his beautiful, sexy voice that face says so much in every scene words aren't even necessary.   Now THAT'S an actor.

Thank you
Donnared

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #39 
I agree!! There is no life since Zach Slater left AMC! The show is awful. Bring back Zach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONNARED

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #40 

I am late to the party too, Thank you Kathey for making such a moving, heartbreaking and yet heartwarming video. It is wonderful!

Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #41 

Just watched this video again - it's been so hard not having TK on the tv screen every day.  The pictures in the "blue shirt of lust" - well, I've said it before and I'll say it again - how has TK been overlooked by primetime television?  Looks and loads of talent in one handsome package!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.