Message Board

 

Main Section
Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
howru

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 470
Reply with quote  #1 
After zach found about the ONS, we have only seen zach and kendall dealing with it for two weeks. And that's it?

Instead of writing a storyline with zach dealing with this, we are seeing weddings. Not that I'm complaining to see Zach running his company, but the writers are totally waiting until greenlee finds out. My question is why? Why can't we see zach dealing with this while greenlee is still in the dark? Are we to assume he's dealing with it off air?

the writers are acting like greenlee's pain is more important. Zach got hurt too and betrayed, but we are not seeing that. Are we being cheated out of this storyline too? Will we ever see zach being comforted about the truth and the pain or is greenlee the one who will be comforted by everyone?

Who will comfort zach? If greenlee finds out, zach will have to comfort her AND kendall since she will be heartbroken of losing her "BFF."

I guess the only thing that's making me watch this show is TK and AM and HOPEFULLY the fact this BFF shit ends.

Do you think the writer's realize this BFF isn't working, so that's why they are not having zach tell greenlee the truth? To end their friendship?

this show was more interesting with zendall and greenlee being enemies than friends.
zachstruck

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,432
Reply with quote  #2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by howru
After zach found about the ONS, we have only seen zach and kendall dealing with it for two weeks. And that's it?

Instead of writing a storyline with zach dealing with this, we are seeing weddings. Not that I'm complaining to see Zach running his company, but the writers are totally waiting until greenlee finds out. My question is why? Why can't we see zach dealing with this while greenlee is still in the dark? Are we to assume he's dealing with it off air?

the writers are acting like greenlee's pain is more important. Zach got hurt too and betrayed, but we are not seeing that. Are we being cheated out of this storyline too? Will we ever see zach being comforted about the truth and the pain or is greenlee the one who will be comforted by everyone?

Who will comfort zach? If greenlee finds out, zach will have to comfort her AND kendall since she will be heartbroken of losing her "BFF."

I guess the only thing that's making me watch this show is TK and AM and HOPEFULLY the fact this BFF shit ends.

Do you think the writer's realize this BFF isn't working, so that's why they are not having zach tell greenlee the truth? To end their friendship?

this show was more interesting with zendall and greenlee being enemies than friends.

Well, I'm way behind in my eps but it sounds like Zach is and always will play 2nd fiddle.   By now, I'm numb to it.   AMC is the "Green-me show".  TK is my saving grace in this entire fiasco.


__________________
Zachstruck
Kathy

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/
Administrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,251
Reply with quote  #3 

I think Zach is being shown dealing with it in his own unique way – instead of making a federal case out of it like any other character on the show would, he's losing himself in work and trying not to think about how Kendall betrayed him. When she dogged him to deal with it her way -- i.e. holding on to it by rehashing it endlessly -- he told her to choose which memories he should get rid of to make room for these new ones.

She backed off, they burned down the house where she'd done the deed with Aidan. Then Zach did something open to interpretation. The very tactile Zach imprinted a burning reminder into the skin of the palm of his hand before they left the scene of the crime. Maybe that's where he keeps the memory. His own personal stigmata representing what he would perceive of as his failure – not hers -- to earn Kendall's trust.

Zach then went underground emotionally while physically present (the reverse of being underground physically for five weeks while his feelings worked to the surface). Maybe he think he can escape the pain there, but it keeps finding him and hitting him in the face because Kendall just won’t let it go. Last week when his loving wife was virtually accusing him of sending Aidan to his death, the actual reason Zach might feel a bit murderous was left unspoken by both of them until Kendall finally blurted, with all the aggrievement of the injured party, "We're still paying the price, aren't we?"

Zach's response to that was one of the most telling things I've ever seen in him. His gaze shifted, his arms folded across his chest, his voice sounded forced, he put his desk between them, he was immobile to her goodbye kiss. And Kendall either didn’t even notice or, in her hurry to get to her precious Greenlee, she simply blew it off because it fit comfortably into her world view: Even when Zach is the victim, he's still the bad guy, the husband she doesn't trust to be there for, to forgive her, to be fair to her ex-lover, no matter how many times Zach has metaphorically (and in this instance not so metaphorically) walked over burning coals to get to her.

This is the story I'm seeing -- it's not being told with blaring trumpets. It’s being told with shuttered gaze and indrawn breaths, very internal and often wordless, like Zach. When Zach said to Ryan yesterday that he'd never been accused of being subtle, I thought what an indictment that was of the people around him, who only know from sledgehammers and divorce papers. Zach exemplifies subtlety .He is like a big wounded cat that would rather die than show its pain...but if you know how cats behave, then you know what to look for, and if you know Zach then you can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. The light has gone out of those primary means of his expression just as the light in the hole blinked out and left him in darkness. The energy that powers it has been too drained -- and it keeps being drained instead of recharged.

I think Zach's friendship with Greenlee is as one-sided as all his other relationships (except with Myrtle, so unfortunately MIA), but the same man who has stayed with Kendall through all the pain she’s inflicted on him over the years, who is capable of telling the insufferable Ryan he’s glad they’re working together, who has turned the other cheek so many times for so many other people who didn’t deserve or appreciate it, is not ever going to turn his back on Greenlee for good either. That friendship was imprinted on him while they were in the hole together and it is there to stay because that is how Zach works. He doesn’t have room to hold on to the bad memories with Greenlee, any more than he does with Kendall. But that doesn’t mean he’s not paying a price for expunging them or that their ghosts don’t linger. It means staying a step ahead of them before they can attack him again.

Will Greenlee turn on Zach for not coming clean about Kendall and Aidan? If she remembers Zach’s so rare admission to her while they were underground of what drives him -- his fear -- fear of being like his father, hopefully she won’t. Hopefully she’ll realize that Zach, to be unlike his father, would never destroy anything belonging to his wife – such as her (and Greenlee’s own, for that matter) greatest friendship -- if he could help it. Maybe-- after Zach scrapes her off the ceiling -- Greenlee will surprise me and attempt to understand the reasons Zach remained silent. Maybe she'll give him credit for rescinding Aidan's orders at her behest.

Yep, and maybe monkeys will fly out of Aidan's ass, but….Greenlee is not Zach’s wife who cheated on him with Aidan. Unlike Kendall, Greenlee doesn’t have the power to rip Zach’s still beating heart out of his chest and shred it, so she will never be able to put it out with the trash by the curb, either -- as Kendall so often has done. However Greenlee treats (or has ever treated) Zach will NEVER be able to top what Kendall has done to him -- ever. But he doesn’t need any more grief either, so for Zach’s sake I’d love for Greenlee not to be a bitch about something for once. But for Kendall’s sake, Greenlee needs to be a bitch, so her behavior can distract attention away from what Kendall has done to both Greenlee and Zach, and make Kendall seem even like what she is in her own eyes, a victim, rather than a perpetrator.

And that’s too bad, because once again that puts Kendall’s needs above Zach’s.

It was ever thus.

Site Meter

__________________
Order your copy of Thorsten's new book now!
zendall44

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 761
Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you Kathy!  That was the most beautiful explanation I have ever read and I totally agree with every word.  OMG, you made me cry.


__________________
Micki
zachstruck

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,432
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

I think Zach is being shown dealing with it in his own unique way – instead of making a federal case out of it like any other character on the show would, he's losing himself in work and trying not to think about how Kendall betrayed him. When she dogged him to deal with it her way -- i.e. holding on to it by rehashing it endlessly -- he told her to choose which memories he should get rid of to make room for these new ones.

She backed off, they burned down the house where she'd done the deed with Aidan. Then Zach did something open to interpretation. The very tactile Zach imprinted a burning reminder into the skin of the palm of his hand before they left the scene of the crime. Maybe that's where he keeps the memory. His own personal stigmata representing what he would perceive of as his failure – not hers -- to earn Kendall's trust.

Zach then went underground emotionally while physically present (the reverse of being underground physically for five weeks while his feelings worked to the surface). Maybe he think he can escape the pain there, but it keeps finding him and hitting him in the face because Kendall just won’t let it go. Last week when his loving wife was virtually accusing him of sending Aidan to his death, the actual reason Zach might feel a bit murderous was left unspoken by both of them until Kendall finally blurted, with all the aggrievement of the injured party, "We're still paying the price, aren't we?"

Zach's response to that was one of the most telling things I've ever seen in him. His gaze shifted, his arms folded across his chest, his voice sounded forced, he put his desk between them, he was immobile to her goodbye kiss. And Kendall either didn’t even notice or, in her hurry to get to her precious Greenlee, she simply blew it off because it fit comfortably into her world view: Even when Zach is the victim, he's still the bad guy, the husband she doesn't trust to be there for, to forgive her, to be fair to her ex-lover, no matter how many times Zach has metaphorically (and in this instance not so metaphorically) walked over burning coals to get to her.

This is the story I'm seeing -- it's not being told with blaring trumpets. It’s being told with shuttered gaze and indrawn breaths, very internal and often wordless, like Zach. When Zach said to Ryan yesterday that he'd never been accused of being subtle, I thought what an indictment that was of the people around him, who only know from sledgehammers and divorce papers. Zach exemplifies subtlety .He is like a big wounded cat that would rather die than show its pain...but if you know how cats behave, then you know what to look for, and if you know Zach then you can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. The light has gone out of those primary means of his expression just as the light in the hole blinked out and left him in darkness. The energy that powers it has been too drained -- and it keeps being drained instead of recharged.

I think Zach's friendship with Greenlee is as one-sided as all his other relationships (except with Myrtle, so unfortunately MIA), but the same man who has stayed with Kendall through all the pain she’s inflicted on him over the years, who is capable of telling the insufferable Ryan he’s glad they’re working together, who has turned the other cheek so many times for so many other people who didn’t deserve or appreciate it, is not ever going to turn his back on Greenlee for good either. That friendship was imprinted on him while they were in the hole together and it is there to stay because that is how Zach works. He doesn’t have room to hold on to the bad memories with Greenlee, any more than he does with Kendall. But that doesn’t mean he’s not paying a price for expunging them or that their ghosts don’t linger. It means staying a step ahead of them before they can attack him again.

Will Greenlee turn on Zach for not coming clean about Kendall and Aidan? If she remembers Zach’s so rare admission to her while they were underground of what drives him -- his fear -- fear of being like his father, hopefully she won’t. Hopefully she’ll realize that Zach, to be unlike his father, would never destroy anything belonging to his wife – such as her (and Greenlee’s own, for that matter) greatest friendship -- if he could help it. Maybe-- after Zach scrapes her off the ceiling -- Greenlee will surprise me and attempt to understand the reasons Zach remained silent. Maybe she'll give him credit for rescinding Aidan's orders at her behest.

Yep, and maybe monkeys will fly out of Aidan's ass, but….Greenlee is not Zach’s wife who cheated on him with Aidan. Unlike Kendall, Greenlee doesn’t have the power to rip Zach’s still beating heart out of his chest and shred it, so she will never be able to put it out with the trash by the curb, either -- as Kendall so often has done. However Greenlee treats (or has ever treated) Zach will NEVER be able to top what Kendall has done to him -- ever. But he doesn’t need any more grief either, so for Zach’s sake I’d love for Greenlee not to be a bitch about something for once. But for Kendall’s sake, Greenlee needs to be a bitch, so her behavior can distract attention away from what Kendall has done to both Greenlee and Zach, and make Kendall seem even like what she is in her own eyes, a victim, rather than a perpetrator.

And that’s too bad, because once again that puts Kendall’s needs above Zach’s.

It was ever thus.

Site Meter

interesting


__________________
Zachstruck
Enis

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,360
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

I think Zach is being shown dealing with it in his own unique way – instead of making a federal case out of it like any other character on the show would, he's losing himself in work and trying not to think about how Kendall betrayed him. When she dogged him to deal with it her way -- i.e. holding on to it by rehashing it endlessly -- he told her to choose which memories he should get rid of to make room for these new ones.

She backed off, they burned down the house where she'd done the deed with Aidan. Then Zach did something open to interpretation. The very tactile Zach imprinted a burning reminder into the skin of the palm of his hand before they left the scene of the crime. Maybe that's where he keeps the memory. His own personal stigmata representing what he would perceive of as his failure – not hers -- to earn Kendall's trust.

Zach then went underground emotionally while physically present (the reverse of being underground physically for five weeks while his feelings worked to the surface). Maybe he think he can escape the pain there, but it keeps finding him and hitting him in the face because Kendall just won’t let it go. Last week when his loving wife was virtually accusing him of sending Aidan to his death, the actual reason Zach might feel a bit murderous was left unspoken by both of them until Kendall finally blurted, with all the aggrievement of the injured party, "We're still paying the price, aren't we?"

Zach's response to that was one of the most telling things I've ever seen in him. His gaze shifted, his arms folded across his chest, his voice sounded forced, he put his desk between them, he was immobile to her goodbye kiss. And Kendall either didn’t even notice or, in her hurry to get to her precious Greenlee, she simply blew it off because it fit comfortably into her world view: Even when Zach is the victim, he's still the bad guy, the husband she doesn't trust to be there for, to forgive her, to be fair to her ex-lover, no matter how many times Zach has metaphorically (and in this instance not so metaphorically) walked over burning coals to get to her.

This is the story I'm seeing -- it's not being told with blaring trumpets. It’s being told with shuttered gaze and indrawn breaths, very internal and often wordless, like Zach. When Zach said to Ryan yesterday that he'd never been accused of being subtle, I thought what an indictment that was of the people around him, who only know from sledgehammers and divorce papers. Zach exemplifies subtlety .He is like a big wounded cat that would rather die than show its pain...but if you know how cats behave, then you know what to look for, and if you know Zach then you can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. The light has gone out of those primary means of his expression just as the light in the hole blinked out and left him in darkness. The energy that powers it has been too drained -- and it keeps being drained instead of recharged.

I think Zach's friendship with Greenlee is as one-sided as all his other relationships (except with Myrtle, so unfortunately MIA), but the same man who has stayed with Kendall through all the pain she’s inflicted on him over the years, who is capable of telling the insufferable Ryan he’s glad they’re working together, who has turned the other cheek so many times for so many other people who didn’t deserve or appreciate it, is not ever going to turn his back on Greenlee for good either. That friendship was imprinted on him while they were in the hole together and it is there to stay because that is how Zach works. He doesn’t have room to hold on to the bad memories with Greenlee, any more than he does with Kendall. But that doesn’t mean he’s not paying a price for expunging them or that their ghosts don’t linger. It means staying a step ahead of them before they can attack him again.

Will Greenlee turn on Zach for not coming clean about Kendall and Aidan? If she remembers Zach’s so rare admission to her while they were underground of what drives him -- his fear -- fear of being like his father, hopefully she won’t. Hopefully she’ll realize that Zach, to be unlike his father, would never destroy anything belonging to his wife – such as her (and Greenlee’s own, for that matter) greatest friendship -- if he could help it. Maybe-- after Zach scrapes her off the ceiling -- Greenlee will surprise me and attempt to understand the reasons Zach remained silent. Maybe she'll give him credit for rescinding Aidan's orders at her behest.

Yep, and maybe monkeys will fly out of Aidan's ass, but….Greenlee is not Zach’s wife who cheated on him with Aidan. Unlike Kendall, Greenlee doesn’t have the power to rip Zach’s still beating heart out of his chest and shred it, so she will never be able to put it out with the trash by the curb, either -- as Kendall so often has done. However Greenlee treats (or has ever treated) Zach will NEVER be able to top what Kendall has done to him -- ever. But he doesn’t need any more grief either, so for Zach’s sake I’d love for Greenlee not to be a bitch about something for once. But for Kendall’s sake, Greenlee needs to be a bitch, so her behavior can distract attention away from what Kendall has done to both Greenlee and Zach, and make Kendall seem even like what she is in her own eyes, a victim, rather than a perpetrator.

And that’s too bad, because once again that puts Kendall’s needs above Zach’s.

It was ever thus.

Site Meter

Thank you Kathy,  I agree with everything you said, it makes absolute sense.

Take care,
Enis

__________________
TKdreamey

Avatar / Picture

Silver Member
Registered:
Posts: 142
Reply with quote  #7 

Wow, Kathy. BRAVO... So beautifully written.   Thank you.

I totally agree with every word, but of course I could have never said it as eloquently as you did. I feel like I love Zach even more  ( like that's possible!!) LOL.....

What are you doing here Ms. Moderator? GIRL, you should either get on that writing team of AMC, OR consult Kendall and teach her some insights about her husband's Soul.  Who am I kidding?? Kendall is hopeless. 

Kathy my dear, Zach deserves someone like you. That's all I got.




teresaplatt

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,374
Reply with quote  #8 

KATHY once again, you tell it like it REALLY is........you do KNOW our MAN..........i love this board.............

jennifer

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 359
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

I think Zach is being shown dealing with it in his own unique way – instead of making a federal case out of it like any other character on the show would, he's losing himself in work and trying not to think about how Kendall betrayed him. When she dogged him to deal with it her way -- i.e. holding on to it by rehashing it endlessly -- he told her to choose which memories he should get rid of to make room for these new ones.

She backed off, they burned down the house where she'd done the deed with Aidan. Then Zach did something open to interpretation. The very tactile Zach imprinted a burning reminder into the skin of the palm of his hand before they left the scene of the crime. Maybe that's where he keeps the memory. His own personal stigmata representing what he would perceive of as his failure – not hers -- to earn Kendall's trust.

Zach then went underground emotionally while physically present (the reverse of being underground physically for five weeks while his feelings worked to the surface). Maybe he think he can escape the pain there, but it keeps finding him and hitting him in the face because Kendall just won’t let it go. Last week when his loving wife was virtually accusing him of sending Aidan to his death, the actual reason Zach might feel a bit murderous was left unspoken by both of them until Kendall finally blurted, with all the aggrievement of the injured party, "We're still paying the price, aren't we?"

Zach's response to that was one of the most telling things I've ever seen in him. His gaze shifted, his arms folded across his chest, his voice sounded forced, he put his desk between them, he was immobile to her goodbye kiss. And Kendall either didn’t even notice or, in her hurry to get to her precious Greenlee, she simply blew it off because it fit comfortably into her world view: Even when Zach is the victim, he's still the bad guy, the husband she doesn't trust to be there for, to forgive her, to be fair to her ex-lover, no matter how many times Zach has metaphorically (and in this instance not so metaphorically) walked over burning coals to get to her.

This is the story I'm seeing -- it's not being told with blaring trumpets. It’s being told with shuttered gaze and indrawn breaths, very internal and often wordless, like Zach. When Zach said to Ryan yesterday that he'd never been accused of being subtle, I thought what an indictment that was of the people around him, who only know from sledgehammers and divorce papers. Zach exemplifies subtlety .He is like a big wounded cat that would rather die than show its pain...but if you know how cats behave, then you know what to look for, and if you know Zach then you can see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice. The light has gone out of those primary means of his expression just as the light in the hole blinked out and left him in darkness. The energy that powers it has been too drained -- and it keeps being drained instead of recharged.

I think Zach's friendship with Greenlee is as one-sided as all his other relationships (except with Myrtle, so unfortunately MIA), but the same man who has stayed with Kendall through all the pain she’s inflicted on him over the years, who is capable of telling the insufferable Ryan he’s glad they’re working together, who has turned the other cheek so many times for so many other people who didn’t deserve or appreciate it, is not ever going to turn his back on Greenlee for good either. That friendship was imprinted on him while they were in the hole together and it is there to stay because that is how Zach works. He doesn’t have room to hold on to the bad memories with Greenlee, any more than he does with Kendall. But that doesn’t mean he’s not paying a price for expunging them or that their ghosts don’t linger. It means staying a step ahead of them before they can attack him again.

Will Greenlee turn on Zach for not coming clean about Kendall and Aidan? If she remembers Zach’s so rare admission to her while they were underground of what drives him -- his fear -- fear of being like his father, hopefully she won’t. Hopefully she’ll realize that Zach, to be unlike his father, would never destroy anything belonging to his wife – such as her (and Greenlee’s own, for that matter) greatest friendship -- if he could help it. Maybe-- after Zach scrapes her off the ceiling -- Greenlee will surprise me and attempt to understand the reasons Zach remained silent. Maybe she'll give him credit for rescinding Aidan's orders at her behest.

Yep, and maybe monkeys will fly out of Aidan's ass, but….Greenlee is not Zach’s wife who cheated on him with Aidan. Unlike Kendall, Greenlee doesn’t have the power to rip Zach’s still beating heart out of his chest and shred it, so she will never be able to put it out with the trash by the curb, either -- as Kendall so often has done. However Greenlee treats (or has ever treated) Zach will NEVER be able to top what Kendall has done to him -- ever. But he doesn’t need any more grief either, so for Zach’s sake I’d love for Greenlee not to be a bitch about something for once. But for Kendall’s sake, Greenlee needs to be a bitch, so her behavior can distract attention away from what Kendall has done to both Greenlee and Zach, and make Kendall seem even like what she is in her own eyes, a victim, rather than a perpetrator.

And that’s too bad, because once again that puts Kendall’s needs above Zach’s.

It was ever thus.

Site Meter


Well!  That just about sums things up in a nutshell.  A VERY big nutshell. 
 
Post perfection personified!!!!
Kathy

Avatar / Picture

Moderator/
Administrator

Registered:
Posts: 4,251
Reply with quote  #10 
Thanks for all your comments on my post! It was kind of a right brain thing that came out, not sure if it made sense but it's my perception based on four years of watching Zach get dumped on, while almost always taking the high road himself -- if he stumbles on it, he takes responsibility for that. He's like the one that is the object of irrational hostility definition of scapegoat in Webster's -- suffering casual insults from just about everyone, impromptu hostility that come out of nowhere. That's why I don't think his position as the cuckolded husband will get him any sympathy or special attention in a storyline that also features Kendall, Greenlee, Aidan, and Ryan. Kendall's position as the grieving wife who was only seeking comfort after reaching her limit searching for her missing husband will take precedence. Greenlee will make the cheating all about her.

I was watching the "You choose" scene again last night (one of the things that sent me into my Zach reverie), and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it but I think he deserves credit because that was such a kickass scene -- TK wrote that scene.

__________________
Order your copy of Thorsten's new book now!
Ann

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,476
Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

I was watching the "You choose" scene again last night (one of the things that sent me into my Zach reverie), and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it but I think he deserves credit because that was such a kickass scene -- TK wrote that scene.

I'm not surprised that TK wrote that scene, it was too well written to have been any of the usual writers.  It's a shame they can't, or won't, find any writers that are half as good at it as their leading man is.


__________________
I am NOT mean..you're just a sissy
Ann
flamom05

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,518
Reply with quote  #12 

Ohhhhhh!  I must go back and watch that again then.  If the Mahn wrote it, I'm sure that on that day's video thread I was gushing about how good it was.  Can one of you guys give me a date?  I'd rather watch it on my DVR and I have most of TK's good stuff saved going back to NYE with the balloons and stuff.  I can't remember now if the "You choose" was before that.  Thanks for any help.  Otherwise, I'll just look for it on the site, but since I'm getting ready to go to bed, I'd rather fall asleep with visions of Zach dancing in my head. LOL


__________________

Thanks Fil!
Ann

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,476
Reply with quote  #13 

Sandi, I might be dead wrong, but I thought Kathy was referring to the scene after the reveal when Zach was asking Kendall what good memory of them he should throw out to make room for the one of her and Adiot. He mentioned their first kiss, NYE balloons, their wedding etc., and then told her to choose.  That was when she ran out to go burn the cabin.


__________________
I am NOT mean..you're just a sissy
Ann
flamom05

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,518
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

Sandi, I might be dead wrong, but I thought Kathy was referring to the scene after the reveal when Zach was asking Kendall what good memory of them he should throw out to make room for the one of her and Adiot. He mentioned their first kiss, NYE balloons, their wedding etc., and then told her to choose.  That was when she ran out to go burn the cabin.


Thanks Ann!  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  I'm gonna go watch that again now knowing that he wrote it.  TK should be writing this show.  Period.  Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE THAT MAHN???????  Well, he'll be hearing all about it AGAIN, probably ad nauseum when I see him next week. 

__________________

Thanks Fil!
jennifer

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 359
Reply with quote  #15 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Thanks for all your comments on my post! It was kind of a right brain thing that came out, not sure if it made sense but it's my perception based on four years of watching Zach get dumped on, while almost always taking the high road himself -- if he stumbles on it, he takes responsibility for that. He's like the one that is the object of irrational hostility definition of scapegoat in Webster's -- suffering casual insults from just about everyone, impromptu hostility that come out of nowhere. That's why I don't think his position as the cuckolded husband will get him any sympathy or special attention in a storyline that also features Kendall, Greenlee, Aidan, and Ryan. Kendall's position as the grieving wife who was only seeking comfort after reaching her limit searching for her missing husband will take precedence. Greenlee will make the cheating all about her.

I was watching the "You choose" scene again last night (one of the things that sent me into my Zach reverie), and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it but I think he deserves credit because that was such a kickass scene -- TK wrote that scene.

Your post certainly made sense!  Every point a "check-off" on my list in regard to all of this.  Don't know about the right-brain thing.  Your posts like this always seem to come directly from the heart.
 
I don't know if Thorsten has any aspirations of producing/directing/writing behind the scenes or just staying put in front of the camera - I would hate to lose seeing him, but oh how the entertainment business needs someone of his caliber. 
 
Thank you for letting us know (sort of a given as I watched) that he did in fact write his scene.  I'm always bitching about AMC's behind the camera folks, but I'll give them credit for letting him step up to the puck and doing this kind of thing.  There is no one who knows Zach Slater better than Thorsten . . . . and you are certainly a close second.
zachstruck

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,432
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Thanks for all your comments on my post! It was kind of a right brain thing that came out, not sure if it made sense but it's my perception based on four years of watching Zach get dumped on, while almost always taking the high road himself -- if he stumbles on it, he takes responsibility for that. He's like the one that is the object of irrational hostility definition of scapegoat in Webster's -- suffering casual insults from just about everyone, impromptu hostility that come out of nowhere. That's why I don't think his position as the cuckolded husband will get him any sympathy or special attention in a storyline that also features Kendall, Greenlee, Aidan, and Ryan. Kendall's position as the grieving wife who was only seeking comfort after reaching her limit searching for her missing husband will take precedence. Greenlee will make the cheating all about her.

I was watching the "You choose" scene again last night (one of the things that sent me into my Zach reverie), and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it but I think he deserves credit because that was such a kickass scene -- TK wrote that scene.

"I don't know if Thorsten has any aspirations of producing/directing/writing behind the scenes or just staying put in front of the camera - I would hate to lose seeing him, but oh how the entertainment business needs someone of his caliber.  
 

Think of the glorious things TK could do with AMC.  He's very "right brained" and it's the "right brain" stuff the more intelligent viewers (like us ) want to see.    He could definitely do it all and keep his amazing talent on the screen at the same time.   In fact, I think the actor who plays "Jesse" (sorry, can't remember his name) had been directing AMC for years and now does both.


__________________
Zachstruck
Ann

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,476
Reply with quote  #17 

Darnell Williams is the actors name. He has also been an acting coach at AMC. IMO the show is lucky to have him in any capacity.


__________________
I am NOT mean..you're just a sissy
Ann
zachstruck

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 1,432
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

Darnell Williams is the actors name. He has also been an acting coach at AMC. IMO the show is lucky to have him in any capacity.

That's right!!!!  Thanks Ann.   Can you imagine the work that could be done with TK and DW working together behind the scene?  WOW!! 


__________________
Zachstruck
susa

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 311
Reply with quote  #19 
Thank you for your post kathy. I'm not sure how the scenes are being written but both TK and AM are definitely playing the scenes as if these two people are not quite at ease with one another. Zach seems uncomfortable with Kendall yet he seems to long for her in a way that I haven't seen since they were apart after the Mardi Gras ball. I wish they would let this couple spend a "lost weekend" talking, they certainly have enough to talk about, the ONS, their 2 children, their future, the burning of his hand. It would be great if Kendall recognized that she can't heal his pain in either his heart or his hand, she can soothe it, put cream on it, but ultimately she has to allow him the freedom to walk away. If he then chooses to stay they could both acknowledge that it is a pain that they are willing to live with.
flamom05

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,518
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by susa
Thank you for your post kathy. I'm not sure how the scenes are being written but both TK and AM are definitely playing the scenes as if these two people are not quite at ease with one another. Zach seems uncomfortable with Kendall yet he seems to long for her in a way that I haven't seen since they were apart after the Mardi Gras ball. I wish they would let this couple spend a "lost weekend" talking, they certainly have enough to talk about, the ONS, their 2 children, their future, the burning of his hand. It would be great if Kendall recognized that she can't heal his pain in either his heart or his hand, she can soothe it, put cream on it, but ultimately she has to allow him the freedom to walk away. If he then chooses to stay they could both acknowledge that it is a pain that they are willing to live with.

She has not denied him the freedom to walk away.  He has not asked for it.  Quite the contrary, he has said, however that "Leaving you is not an option, not now, not ever."  So it would appear that it is a pain that they are willing to deal with and get past eventually.   I have seen nothing yet that tells me they are not trying to do just that. 

__________________

Thanks Fil!
Ann

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 3,476
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by susa

 It would be great if Kendall recognized that she can't heal his pain in either his heart or his hand, she can soothe it, put cream on it, but ultimately she has to allow him the freedom to walk away. If he then chooses to stay they could both acknowledge that it is a pain that they are willing to live with.

I disagree, I think Kendall is the only one who can heal Zach's pain, in his heart or in his hand. I think Kendall did allow him the freedom to walk away. When they went to the cabin the first time she said, "Is this a deal breaker? Do you want out of this marriage? If you do, I won't fight you.....I'll want to, but I won't." How much more of an option could she have given him? Zach refused to walk away from her. He held out his hand to her and said, "Let's go home." I see that as Kendall giving Zach a no-guilt, no-strings way to walk away from her. Zach didn't take it. Why? Because Zach is totally and completely in love with Kendall. At their wedding he said, "I just realized.......loving you is who I am." I don't think that has changed, but I also think that loving Zach is who Kendall is...........they are two halves of a whole. Without each other they are each a disconnected half.........together they are invincible.


__________________
I am NOT mean..you're just a sissy
Ann
flamom05

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,518
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann
Quote:
Originally Posted by susa

 It would be great if Kendall recognized that she can't heal his pain in either his heart or his hand, she can soothe it, put cream on it, but ultimately she has to allow him the freedom to walk away. If he then chooses to stay they could both acknowledge that it is a pain that they are willing to live with.

I disagree, I think Kendall is the only one who can heal Zach's pain, in his heart or in his hand. I think Kendall did allow him the freedom to walk away. When they went to the cabin the first time she said, "Is this a deal breaker? Do you want out of this marriage? If you do, I won't fight you.....I'll want to, but I won't." How much more of an option could she have given him? Zach refused to walk away from her. He held out his hand to her and said, "Let's go home." I see that as Kendall giving Zach a no-guilt, no-strings way to walk away from her. Zach didn't take it. Why? Because Zach is totally and completely in love with Kendall. At their wedding he said, "I just realized.......loving you is who I am." I don't think that has changed, but I also think that loving Zach is who Kendall is...........they are two halves of a whole. Without each other they are each a disconnected half.........together they are invincible.


Wow Ann, I just had to say your post ROCKS.  You're right she did say that to him.  Sniff, sniff.  He never asked to walk away but Kendall did say she wouldn't fight him if he did even if she wanted to.  Sniff, sniff some more.   I love these two!  They are like JHC said -- INVINCIBLE together!

__________________

Thanks Fil!
susa

Gold Member
Registered:
Posts: 311
Reply with quote  #23 
Sandi & Ann, point taken. I just want it to be more explicit and I want her to offer him a real out, one that he could plausibly take. k should let him see that their family can survive regardless of whether the two of them remain together. I understand what you're saying but that scene wasn't enough for me because Zach would never leave Kendall broken and that night she was destroyed.
flamom05

Avatar / Picture

Platinum Member
Registered:
Posts: 2,518
Reply with quote  #24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by susa
Sandi & Ann, point taken. I just want it to be more explicit and I want her to offer him a real out, one that he could plausibly take. k should let him see that their family can survive regardless of whether the two of them remain together. I understand what you're saying but that scene wasn't enough for me because Zach would never leave Kendall broken and that night she was destroyed.

Thanks Susa, but as Ann pointed out -- she did offer him "a real out, one that he could have plausibly taken."  She said that if he wanted out she would want to fight but she wouldn't.  (Thanks Ann).  And Zach decided he didn't want out -- not now or not ever.  It doesn't get clearer than that IMO.  I think they were both destroyed after the reveal, but they made the decision to work through it, and as far as I can see, they are trying to do just that.  Zach telling her yesterday after she asked him if he trusted her and he said "with my life" says it all.  Sigh.....I love these two.  They have far surpassed the "Luke and Laura" supercoupledom as far as I'm concerned.  And I was a diehard L & L fan back in the day.  They were hawt.  LOL  I am confident that 30 years from now peeps will be talking about "Zach and Kendall" just like they do now about Luke and Laura 30 years later.  And Zach never raped Kendall.  When will Zendall get their cover of People???


__________________

Thanks Fil!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.