Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm so excited at the possibility that it could tie into Zach's return, that I thought it deserved a thread of it's own.

Maria is back!  Eva La Rue will be returning to AMC for several episodes in July.  I can't help thinking the timing seems right and having Maria's return tied to Zach's just makes perfect sense given their past together and the fact that Maria lives in California where Zach's plane went down.  If Zach suffered some kind of brain injury/trauma, who better to "find and fix" him than Dr. Santos, world renowned neurosurgeon, lol. 

Eva La Rue has joined the growing list of All My Children alumni returning to the ABC soap before it goes off the air in September.

Earlier this week, the show announced that it had also snagged star Josh Duhamel (Las Vegas, Transformers). He'll be back for at least one episode in August, reprising the role of Leo du Pres, who died in 2003. Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater) and Cady McClain (Dixie Cooney Martin), both of whom play characters who are now deceased, will also return.

La Rue, who currently stars in CBS' CSI: Miami, will be back for several episodes beginning in July.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Exclusive-All-My-Children-1034037.aspx

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Alina:  I thought the same thing that Maria will find Zach in a hospital in California.   That's really the only thing that makes sense since she really has no family in PV so why bring her back there and she supposedly lives out there.    She's probably the person who calls Kendall.

tjsmith

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for posting the good news Alina! 

I would love for Maria's return to be connected to Zach's in some way...in any way! Lol. It would be a perfect use of history and such a lovely twist. The possibilities are exciting! Would love to see TK and Eva together in scenes again.

Watching Kendall's head spin like Linda Blair's in The Exorcist if she found out that Zach has been with Maria...bonus for me! Lol.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsmith

Watching Kendall's head spin like Linda Blair's in The Exorcist if she found out that Zach has been with Maria...bonus for me! Lol.

Bwahaha! Glad I decided to check the board before heading off to bed. OTOH, now I'll have nightmares. (g)

When I heard about Eva's return, my first thought was that Maria should find Zach wandering in the desert, with no memory of who is or how he got there, and restore him to health at the de-mothballed casita. Unfortunately there is not enough time to do justice to that storylne.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 

What a great way to bring Zach back; I was always a Zach/Maria fan. These two had chemistry -- IMO!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Thanks for the news Alina.  TK/Eva had great chemistry, but to tell you the truth, TK has chemistry with the lens, regardless of who is in a scene with him   I have always liked Eva, and USED TO like Maria..... until........ I saw how downright cruel, distrusting and faithless she could be to Zach!  I haven't forgiven her yet for the way she broke his heart.  It's not just about her choosing Edmund over Zach, it is about how she took every lying jerk's word to be gospel and crucified Zach.  So, I wouldn't mind if she is the one who takes care of him, but I would hope that she would not be THE woman that Zach falls for again! 

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Oh, ITA, Searose! For the same reasons you mentioned (and did you notice how many could be applied to Kendall!),  Maria will never lose her permanent slot on my shit list. But... the casita scenes still make me swoon. Ah well.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Searose, I loved your "chemistry with the lens" line. Boy, you sure got that right!!!!  He just radiates appeal, no matter who he's with.  I was never a fan of Maria (always had a negative reaction to Eva) but agree with Kathy.....those casita smooches were Z-hot!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Oh, ITA, Searose! For the same reasons you mentioned (and did you notice how many could be applied to Kendall!),  Maria will never lose her permanent slot on my shit list. But... the casita scenes still make me swoon. Ah well.
Oh those casita scenes were hotter than anything AMC has shown in years, but I give credit for that to our one and only, LOL.  I don't think the scenes would have been any less hot if it were a different actress!
Yes, the same reasons do absolutely apply to Kendall.  Her Ryan worship tops the list, but she even chose to believe ThadeASS over Zach during MMM days.  Her cruelty towards Zach immediately following Ethan's death was crushing.  The only time she has shown complete trust, faith, maturity (to the point that she wasn't even threatened by Hannah!), love and loyalty to Zach was during Satin Slayer days, and that faith/loyalty only lasted until The Green One slithered back in town, and it all has been going downhill from there!

If it weren't for those boys, I would be rooting AGAINST the reunion!  At the moment, I am waiting to see if she can keep her clothes on until Zach returns, and knowing AMC, she probably won't, something will probably happen hours or minutes before she finds out Zach is alive, LOL.

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Oh ladies IA  put TK in front of the camera and the magic begins.  He certainly doesn't need a partner.   Do you remember when it was just him and the hockey stick after he heard the message from Myrtle when Ian was born.  SPECTACULAR.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2

Oh ladies IA  put TK in front of the camera and the magic begins.  He certainly doesn't need a partner.   Do you remember when it was just him and the hockey stick after he heard the message from Myrtle when Ian was born.  SPECTACULAR.

Chills! The lion unleashed. He should have gotten the Emmy for that.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:

Chills! The lion unleashed. He should have gotten the Emmy for that.

Kathy, I totally agree with that one.    He was spectacular.   Can't wait till he's back on our screens even though it won't be long.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:

You said a mouthful...so very true!

It doesn't appear Maria's return has anything to do with Zach at least not at the beginning.  I read her s/l is David-centric (probably in connection with Dixie too).  However, I just saw a video interview with Eva from yesterday.  She's taping 2 episodes today BUT she also said she would be taping 3 more during the summer.  My gosh, her daughter Kaya is growing up so fast.  I still remember the photo gallery SID had that included some adorable pics of TK and a little Kaya.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/111492_Eva_La_Rue_So_Excited_For_Her_Return_to_All_My_Children/

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Some of my favorite Z scenes have been when he was all alone, trying to work through some situation by himself, often wordlessly, sometimes in a monologue directly into the camera.   I agree, he doesn't really need a partner to be dazzling.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.