Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Is anyone having trouble with the yellow flags that tells you which are the new posts?  Sometimes mine comes up and sometimes they dont. I was wondering if it was a glitch in the system or my silly DELL computer (Kathy or Christy, I know one of you hates DELL). I'm wondering if the Norton Anti Virus has anything to do with it, it does some crazy things.!!!!!!

Take care,

Enis

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Is anyone having trouble with the yellow flags that tells you which are the new posts?  Sometimes mine comes up and sometimes they dont. I was wondering if it was a glitch in the system or my silly DELL computer (Kathy or Christy, I know one of you hates DELL). I'm wondering if the Norton Anti Virus has anything to do with it, it does some crazy things.!!!!!!

Take care,

Enis

Enis, this is the answer I got from the message board people:

Why aren't some threads being marked as unread?

There is currently no exact way to determine what threads have been read by a user.

The system records your last visit to the message board in a cookie on your browser. The cookie is automatically updated when you have been away from the message board for 15 minutes. Furthermore, the same cookie is accessed by all Website Toolbox message boards. Therefore, the last visited time actually represents the last time you visited any message board hosted by Website Toolbox, regardless of what account it was.

If a post has been made after the time you last visited, it will be marked as unread. Therefore, the only posts that are marked as unread are the ones that definitely could not have been read because they were posted after the time you last visited.

The system cannot determine exactly what posts were actually read. It only does an estimate based on the last time you visited the message board.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Kathy,

I love the yellow flags!  They save me so much time.  Yes, sometimes they do malfunction but not very often.

Granny   

Thanks, Sharon, for putting Zach and Kendall in my backyard. Thanks, Karen, for attaching this to my posts.
luv_at_first_byte

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

The only time the flags don't work---is when you clear your history. If you clear your history before reading any new messages---the new messages will be cleared as well.

Fil

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Thank you Kathy for the info. I really appreciate it, and you too Fil.

Take care,

Enis

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.