Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I have a question. Why is it that when Zach and Kendall, a married couple on the show, have a love scene it is pure magic, no matter how short or how much is left to the imagination, while all the others IMO are unappealing and in some instances even offensive, e.g. Avan and Jonathon.?

Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Um I can think of only one reason....

TK

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Romance, not just scratching the itch.

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan

TK

Perfect reply!!

Jonathan and Ava make me sick to my stomach.  I have to mute my TV when they are on.  I would switch the channel, but I am afraid I might miss one of Zach's second of screen time.
TKdreamey

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan

TK

Perfect answer.  Thorsten brings magic to the scene. 
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntinette

Romance, not just scratching the itch.

Exactly!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Just like it takes two to tango, it takes two actors portraying their characters to weave love scene magic. In the case of Zen, it is TK and AM together bringing their amazing chemistry to the screen.

TIIC have recognized that chemistry and as today they have used and abused this magic to glue together the garbage they call writing. I am sick of seeing Zen scenes cut up to paste together a  boring show.  At the end of a scene there should be at least a 4 second hold.  With Ryannie they hold forever, but with Zach and Kendall, as today, they cut in the middle of a kiss.

How long do they think that the audience is not going to catch on and pay them back with ratings. Give us some good writing with all the characters on the show so that you don't shortchange the ones that are presently carrying the load. Stop piggybacking the Lavery clan on the Slaters. If Ryan can't carry his own s/l, then have him ride into the sunset, like in an old Western, never to return. I for one am on Lavery overload and that includes Spike.

Quilp

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva

I have a question. Why is it that when Zach and Kendall, a married couple on the show, have a love scene it is pure magic, no matter how short or how much is left to the imagination, while all the others IMO are unappealing and in some instances even offensive, e.g. Avan and Jonathon.?

Thorsten has always had a way of making his love scenes enticing no matter who he is with.  They may be short (probably to his liking), but quite tantalizing and always leaves you wanting more - which is probably the point. 

I was holding my breath waiting for Ryan and Annie to walk in.  I had hoped Zach would take his wife into their lovely new bedroom with the sleigh bed.  Maybe next time!!!! 

I just had to giggle because making love on a leather sofa is like making love in the sand.  Not all it is cracked up to be.  But then again – Zach, leather sofa, Zach, sand, Zach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Just like it takes two to tango, it takes two actors portraying their characters to weave love scene magic. In the case of Zen, it is TK and AM together bringing their amazing chemistry to the screen.

TIIC have recognized that chemistry and as today they have used and abused this magic to glue together the garbage they call writing. I am sick of seeing Zen scenes cut up to paste together a  boring show.  At the end of a scene there should be at least a 4 second hold.  With Ryannie they hold forever, but with Zach and Kendall, as today, they cut in the middle of a kiss.

How long do they think that the audience is not going to catch on and pay them back with ratings. Give us some good writing with all the characters on the show so that you don't shortchange the ones that are presently carrying the load. Stop piggybacking the Lavery clan on the Slaters. If Ryan can't carry his own s/l, then have him ride into the sunset, like in an old Western, never to return. I for one am on Lavery overload and that includes Spike.

ITA Diva!   The Lavery's need to go -- all of them.  Obviously if they need to resort to cheap tactics like what they did today, then they know what ails this show -- cut your freakin' losses already and move on. 

Thanks Fil!
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamom05

Quote:

ITA Diva!   The Lavery's need to go -- all of them.  Obviously if they need to resort to cheap tactics like what they did today, then they know what ails this show -- cut your freakin' losses already and move on. 

IA girls...the only reason they had Zen on was so we will watch the Lavery show.  They needed them as a lead in to a very predictable s/l that has been told way too many times.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamom05

Quote:

IA girls...the only reason they had Zen on was so we will watch the Lavery show.  They needed them as a lead in to a very predictable s/l that has been told way too many times.

Agree Cindy - and when the ratings for today come back higher than usual -- Fronsie will say "see I was right all along, Monkey is what brings in ratings." Fucking tool. 

Thanks Fil!
amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

I kept expecting the monkey to walk in on them.   

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Diva, I think it's because we believe Zach and Kendall love each other deeply and are in it for the long haul.  And, we believed they were in love even before their first real kiss or love scene.  That's a lot different than most of the couples on the show where a kiss or love scene (or should I say sex scene) is used to try to make us believe the couple cares about each other.  Big difference in my book.

Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpenny

Diva, I think it's because we believe Zach and Kendall love each other deeply and are in it for the long haul.  And, we believed they were in love even before their first real kiss or love scene.  That's a lot different than most of the couples on the show where a kiss or love scene (or should I say sex scene) is used to try to make us believe the couple cares about each other.  Big difference in my book.

ITA Brownpenny, and there in lies a hint to TPTB. Create long term couples instead of interim sex partners. The soap genre should look at itself closely and reevaluate what makes the shows worth watching.

There were serious attempts by the previous head writer on this show to separate Zendall via third party spoilers and the fans objected vehemently with letter writing campaigns forcing a reunion. Now this couple is carrying the show to such an extent, that their scenes are used as glue to keep us watching the rest of the boring soap style stuff. IMO the triangle and whose the daddy scenarios have outlived their use in the soap media. The Daytime viewing public has become a little more sophisticated over the years, especially with the arrival of the INTERNET. Now the viewing public has a media to express its opinions and influence ratings.

It is time for Daytime to get writers that can satisfy the viewing public with well written, interesting, socially responsible, well developed programing along the lines of Nightime TV.

tkrocks

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpenny

ITA Brownpenny, and there in lies a hint to TPTB. Create long term couples instead of interim sex partners. The soap genre should look at itself closely and reevaluate what makes the shows worth watching.

There were serious attempts by the previous head writer on this show to separate Zendall via third party spoilers and the fans objected vehemently with letter writing campaigns forcing a reunion. Now this couple is carrying the show to such an extent, that their scenes are used as glue to keep us watching the rest of the boring soap style stuff. IMO the triangle and whose the daddy scenarios have outlived their use in the soap media. The Daytime viewing public has become a little more sophisticated over the years, especially with the arrival of the INTERNET. Now the viewing public has a media to express its opinions and influence ratings.

It is time for Daytime to get writers that can satisfy the viewing public with well written, interesting, socially responsible, well developed programing along the lines of Nightime TV.

IA with you both. ladies! Excellent posts and thank you for stating so well what I have always believed about soaps and soap couples.

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.--Peter Ustinov
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.