Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
OK, what do we know about Hannah so far?  First, she is a stalker, that already, IMO, puts a negative evaluation of her. She stalked Zach and Kendall at the cemetery.  She stalked Zach at the Kane house.  She had access to his office, which according to Lily only a few trusted people have. Zach did not recognize her on sight.

All these factors point to an impostor or someone who is working for Zach's father. Zach searched for Hannah before, as well as Tad during the SS murders and couldn't find her. Now she suddenly appears, right after ASC is arrested.  How coincidental. By now ACS must also know about the baby.

The anvils about Ethan and Zach's regrets about his relationship with his son, are a setup to make him vulnerable to Hannah and whatever plans she may have for him or his and Kendall's baby.

My take, Hannah whether real or an impostor, is ACS's instrument to control Zach's life and Ethan's memory is the tool.

Zach, look out, before it is too late. This woman is out to destroy whatever plans you have for Cambias and your new found family bliss. Zach, lucky you have Lily working for you.  Her instincts are right on.  She will hopefully size up Hannah like she did Barbara and warn you in time.

RFoxS

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Oh Diva, you are so right!  I love your avatars.  I wish I knew how to do them.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Diva the fact that Zach didn't recognize her speaks volumes.  I can recognize people I went to High school with and that was a hell of a lot longer then it's been since Zach has seen Hannah. So I agree she is a set up.  Why if she was afraid of Alex Sr didn't she come out of hiding when Ethan first showed up in PV, afterall Alex Sr was dead? Why didn't she come out of hiding when Zach was exposed as Alex Jr, afterall Alex Sr was dead?  Even the funeral director knew about Zach being Alex Jr.  Why now is she coming out of the woodwork?  Because I think she is out to finish the work that Sr failed to do with the SS.  Alex made a funny comment when Zach saw him at the police station when Zach said "You can't do anything to me or to Kendall ever again".  Alex said "we'll see".  It could have been that he was going to give Zach Cambias, but I doubt it.  There is no way Alex will let Zach and Kendall win, especially since he has worked for so long to bring Zach down and hurt his new life.  No Hannah is up to no good.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I was surprised that Zach had NO recollection of Hannah. Its almost rare that you don't see something familiar - like the voice - that takes you back to when you knew someone. Zach showed nothing.

I think Lily is going to be wonderful working with Zach - she will add lots to the mix . I love them together.

and a Vermont weather update: the snow is melting - I have a bare spot on the lawn and a ROBIN found it.  YES

Ande
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie

and a Vermont weather update: the snow is melting - I have a bare spot on the lawn and a ROBIN found it.  YES

Ah Bonnie I live in Minnesota and we had 70's yesterday.  The song birds have been around for a bit and the flowers are popping up.  AHHHHH Spring is here.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy

Diva the fact that Zach didn't recognize her speaks volumes.  I can recognize people I went to High school with and that was a hell of a lot longer then it's been since Zach has seen Hannah. So I agree she is a set up.  Why if she was afraid of Alex Sr didn't she come out of hiding when Ethan first showed up in PV, afterall Alex Sr was dead? Why didn't she come out of hiding when Zach was exposed as Alex Jr, afterall Alex Sr was dead?  Even the funeral director knew about Zach being Alex Jr.  Why now is she coming out of the woodwork?  Because I think she is out to finish the work that Sr failed to do with the SS.  Alex made a funny comment when Zach saw him at the police station when Zach said "You can't do anything to me or to Kendall ever again".  Alex said "we'll see".  It could have been that he was going to give Zach Cambias, but I doubt it.  There is no way Alex will let Zach and Kendall win, especially since he has worked for so long to bring Zach down and hurt his new life.  No Hannah is up to no good.

Cindy, I so remember that remark by ACS , "We'll see" under his breath.  You knew then, that this was not going to be the end of his persecution of Zach.

Hannah is definitely a danger to Zach and most of all to the baby in my opinion.  You, in one of your posts, outlined a possible kidnap scenario of that baby and I think that it makes a lot of sense.  ACS didn't succeed in convincing Kendall to go back to Ryan, so the only other thing that he can take away from both Kendall and Zach is that baby.

I wonder if twins could fit into that s/l? Somehow that anvil keeps on falling.

I could visualize a scenario, where ACS enlists the services of the doctor taking care of Kendall's  pregnancy and she is told that she is only carrying one baby.  She is kidnapped just before giving birth and delivers twins, but is unconscious and doesn't know that she had twins.  One of the twins is kept by ASC to raise as his own with Hannah, who turns out be his wife.  (The wedding ring that was so prominant on his finger.)  During the Showdown he threatened that he would take Spike away from Ryan and raise him as his own.  I think that was an anvil falling.  This way, he would have his Cambias progeny delivered by Kendall, the "woman worthy of carrying such a child" as ACS noted. Of course at some point in time Kendall remembers hearing two babies cry and they begin the search.

Abigail

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
If I was sure that a new writing regime was totally at the helm now, I'd say absolutely "Hannah" is an impostor, for all the reasons Cindy and others have stated.  It would make a lot more sense in terms of why no one could find her, why she conveniently chose this moment in time to reappear in Zach's life, why Zach didn't recognize her, even why she doesn't have a British accent!  But, the next few days will give us more of an idea of whether the writers have actually thought this sort of stuff out or are, once again, ignoring small details they think are insignificant, but are really the kind that leap out at the viewers.

One thing I am sure of...Hannah is up to no good.  Good casting job...she looks hardened and those steely blue eyes give me the creeps.  She's here for payback...but what form that payback will take has me guessing right now.  I am hoping (fingers/toes crossed) we won't be subjected to any more ridiculous "out of left field" triangles, Fatal Attraction stories or any other of the predictable fodder McTrash churned out.  Right now, I'm guessing she wants to hurt Zach by taking Kendall's life and possibly Spike and the new baby.

Banner thanks to Monica.
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva

Cindy, I so remember that remark by ACS , "We'll see" under his breath.  You knew then, that this was not going to be the end of his persecution of Zach.

Hannah is definitely a danger to Zach and most of all to the baby in my opinion.  You, in one of your posts, outlined a possible kidnap scenario of that baby and I think that it makes a lot of sense.  ACS didn't succeed in convincing Kendall to go back to Ryan, so the only other thing that he can take away from both Kendall and Zach is that baby.

I wonder if twins could fit into that s/l? Somehow that anvil keeps on falling.

I could visualize a scenario, where ACS enlists the services of the doctor taking care of Kendall's  pregnancy and she is told that she is only carrying one baby.  She is kidnapped just before giving birth and delivers twins, but is unconscious and doesn't know that she had twins.  One of the twins is kept by ASC to raise as his own with Hannah, who turns out be his wife.  (The wedding ring that was so prominant on his finger.)  During the Showdown he threatened that he would take Spike away from Ryan and raise him as his own.  I think that was an anvil falling.  This way, he would have his Cambias progeny delivered by Kendall, the "woman worthy of carrying such a child" as ACS noted. Of course at some point in time Kendall remembers hearing two babies cry and they begin the search.

Diva I can't take credit for that Spec.  To me it looks more like a Alina spec.  Me I don't spec well.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Diva... great thread topic. Just who IS Hannah Nichols? And is the woman who will be claiming that name REALLY the Hannah Nichols that Zach knew in his youth?

There are very few facts available about Hannah -- anything that we learned through Ethan is suspect, so I'll list those separately. I actually spent a lot of time deconstructing her to write Just Think About Us, and I think some of that work is going to come in handy now that Hannah is upon us.

According to Zach, he and Hannah met at the Cambias U.S. estate the summer they were both 17. She was a maid who had just come over from England and was terribly homesick, he was already miserable. Zach's comments to Ethan at the PV Dump were, "She was homesick. I was sick of home." And while anything that Zach said to Ethan might have been part of his tactic for keeping him away from Cambias, he said much the same in confidence to Maria. Zach also mentioned more than once that he had investigators searching for Hannah, and Ethan did the same. That much was confirmed in his conversation with Tad, and we then learned that he remembered her as a kind and gentle girl.

What we learned from Ethan is suspect -- we don't know if it was created to convince him to go after Cambias, or if he created it to gain a fortune. The letter and the uncertified birth certificate were never verified to my knowledge. Which means that Hannah's letter could be a complete fiction... but even if it wasn't, it was FULL of holes. Hannah referred to ACS as a terrible man and begged Edith to hide Ethan from him... she also promised to return for Ethan as soon as she thought it was safe. We do know that never happened. But now that we have some dates, the letter makes even less sense (and I'm not going to mention years because I still believe that the year of Ethan's birth is proof positive that he's not the son of Zach OR Hannah).

According to the dates, though... Zach and Hannah parted when he returned to school -- late August or early September. He returned to the estate for Thanksgiving, and Hannah was gone. Ethan was born in March. Zach faked his death in July. And Hannah's letter mentions that it had been six months since Alex Jr.'s death. That time lapse -- from September to November to March to JANUARY -- bugs the heck out of me. Between the months she was pregnant, the fact that Zach "died" when Ethan was four months old, and that Hannah didn't hide him from ACS... it just doesn't add up or make sense at all.

Then we get to how and why all these people are related... it's very, very loose. We know that Ethan, Zach and Miranda share DNA. It could as easily be from Amelia as from ACS... and even ACS admitted he was never sure that Michael was his son. We have also learned that Zach is definitely the son of ACS based on DNA evidence from Zoe's attack at the cemetery (yet another WTF moment -- to my knowledge Zach has never submitted a sample to the police or at the hospital for DNA testing, and his only test against Ethan was conducted at a private Philadelphia lab). Isn't it interesting that "Hannah" arrives on the scene at a time when only an exhumation of Ethan's remains could ascertain the veracity of her claim?

Then there's Edith Ramsey. Hannah claimed friendship when asking her to hide Ethan for her. Zach told Ethan he remembered her from the Cambias estate -- at the same time as he claimed he never knew Hannah Nichols. So we don't know if Zach ever knew Edith or not... or if Edith ever worked at the Cambias estate. In two of my stories she did -- in one she was instrumental in Hannah getting raped by ACS, in the other she was Ethan's real mother. And it wouldn't take much of a stretch for Hannah Nichols to be bought and used by ACS if she was never Ethan's mother to start with.

I agree with everyone who is suspicious of the timing of "Hannah's" arrival. She had disappeared off the face of the earth... no trace of her could be found... yet suddenly she just walks into Zach's office after spying on him for at least a day. She could have changed her name and started a new life... but why didn't she ever reclaim her son? If she had done that good a job of disappearing, and Ethan was safely hidden away... reclaiming him should have been a snap at that point. Unless she never gave birth to Ethan at all. Unless she's not Hannah at all. Zach and Ethan were looking for a girl who was pregnant and gave birth to a son in March. What if Ethan was Edith's son and Hannah never gave birth at all... or died before Ethan was born? That could be information that investigators found and never revealed to Zach or to Ethan. And of course, there's always the very real chance that Ethan never TRULY searched for Hannah because he always knew that he wasn't her son... his attitude towards Zach, and the lack of blame he held for Hannah could be pretty good indications that Ethan was not a victim at all but instead a perpetrator of the deception -- and the affection that ACS showed for Ethan at his grave could be a latent appreciation for the son who was most like him.

Hannah is most definitely bad news. She is likely to infiltrate Zach's personal and business lives... and is almost certainly in cahoots with ACS. That's the transparent way that the Hack writes and this is still McHackville for the moment. But if the NEW writers use this as a vehicle for making the sorely needed corrections to this show -- for relieving Zach of being Ethan's father, for helping to keep Zach's story on the front-burner, and for helping Zach resolve some of the issues that have haunted him from childhood -- then I will forgive. If not... there will be hell to pay.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Never fear Lilly is here and she's got Zach's back.   She may drive Zach a bit nuts but he needs that girl.   Shit I could use Lilly.  That girl is amazing!!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I agree - great topic.  I have no idea what they are going to do with Hannah - but I do know that I don't want her to come back and do evil because of Zach.  That man has to live with enough guilt.  If he thinks he is responsbile for another psycho, could he take it?  I don't think I could! 

I would like her to come back and right some wrongs.  What if initially she is in cahoots with ACS because of his manipulation.  He brings her to PV to destroy Zach. After getting to know Zach she will realize how wrong she has been and releases him of the burden of being Ethan's father.

Or I'd like her to have an agenda with someone else in PV (say Erica) and it turns out her revenge is on this person and Zach is just a front.

Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Cheri, I think you are unraveling something that we have suspected all along, that Ethan is ACS's son and that Ethan's arrival in PV was part of a plot to destroy Zach. If we look at all the things that Ethan did while he was in PV they were all actions to hurt Zach. 

I remember one scene where Zach spoke to Greenlee about telling Ryan that she was pregnant and using his story with Hannah as an example.  Zach said that if he had known that Hannah was pregnant with his son he would have found her and married her and raised Ethan together.  Ethan overheard the conversation. If he was not a plant by ACS, that should have been a moment where father and son could have started a relationship.   I found it rather strange at the time that it didn't happen.  However, now looking back, Ethan had no intention of starting any type of father son relationship with Zach, because that was not his mission in PV. His mission was to hurt and destroy Zach, his brother, for his real father Alexander Sr. 

We saw ACS stroke Ethan's tombstone just before he attacked Zoe at the cemetery.  We also saw Hannah, if she is Hannah, do exactly the same while she was stalking Zach and Kendall.  Both those actions seem to be linked such as e.g. that Ethan was their son.

There is also the question of the ring that Alexander Sr. is so prominently displaying. Is it possible that Hannah, or whoever she is, is his wife and she and ACS are Ethan's parents. 

Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Some good points, Diva... especially about Hannah and ACS. It's an angle I hadn't considered before, but is quite interesting. Perhaps Hannah was never who Zach thought she was. He does have this pattern of viewing the people he cares about through rose colored lenses... and he is VERY forgiving of those few. Despite the fact that his relationship with Hannah was never one of love, it did have affection, he remembers her fondly and he would have been willing to marry her and raise a child together -- which means that Zach was more emotionally attached than he is willing to admit. But unless Ethan was stolen from Hannah and Alexander, that would not explain why neither of them revealed themselves to Ethan while he still lived.

We do have to part company in the belief that Ethan was being used directly by ACS to inflict punishment on Zach. Ethan arrived on the scene claiming his Cambias heritage in August... Zach did not reveal that he was born Alex Cambias Jr. until the end of October... and Ethan did not receive proof of his Cambias DNA until January. I find it much more likely that either Edith sent Ethan in search of the fortune, or he was smoked out by the terms of ACS's will. Despite the rantings of the madman... I don't believe that ACS ever intended Ryan to run Cambias long-term, but was instead merely to hold it until Ethan came out of hiding and took over the family legacy as his own.

Ethan never asked Zach about his family... never tried to find out anything about Zach before or after he faked his death... and completely rejected Zach without ever showing a moment's interest in Zach's side of the story. Ethan also more than once openly revered ACS to Zach and others once he took over Cambias. That, to me, screams that Ethan was indeed after a fortune instead of a family despite his protestations otherwise, but it still doesn't make me believe he was working with ACS.

It may be important that ACS only came out of hiding after Ethan's death did not destroy Zach. For a while, Zach was devastated and truly miserable. He had lost everything that mattered to him, and he was visibly suffering. His happiness with Kendall and Spike last summer was SO short-lived... but lasted long enough for ACS to put his plan into action by digging up his coffin and planting that note. However, it wasn't until Zach and Kendall reconciled that he actually put it into motion. Was this Hannah (real or imposter) his back up? And is it possible that she IS ACS's wife, but NOT really Hannah Nichols? And that is why neither of them ever revealed themselves to Ethan before his death? Or is the answer in Ethan's inexplicably renewed vendetta against Zach last January? He had not accepted Zach's overtures... but had ceased the open warfare against him, and they were even civil to each other on the few times they met. Then suddenly he reignited the war with a vengeance. (I do realize that it was plot-driven by the Hack -- but I have no problem in using it to right old wrongs.) Could it be that Ethan was contacted by either ACS or Hannah and lashed out at Zach (as always) because of his own uncertainty about his future with Cambias... and Ryan's renewed involvement with the company was at the behest of ACS?

I'm afraid, Diva, that none of this will play out. We've got at least another month of Hack-driven scripts... and we all know the amount of damage that woman can accomplish in a month. I think we should just batten down the hatches and hope that no irrepairable harm is done until Hurricane McHack finally blows through... and hope for the reconstruction to follow. 

tkrocks

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Bonnie, I'm glad to get a Vermont update.I lived there for 2 years before moving to Iowa last summer for a job and absolutely loved it! I miss it so. Iowa is too hot in both the summer and the winter. And it's way too flat!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie
I was surprised that Zach had NO recollection of Hannah. Its almost rare that you don't see something familiar - like the voice - that takes you back to when you knew someone. Zach showed nothing.

I think Lily is going to be wonderful working with Zach - she will add lots to the mix . I love them together.

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.--Peter Ustinov
amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I was going to post I think she's a fake too.   Surely Zach would recognize her.   I can't stand ACS!!    Also I am so sick of the I'm not worthy of Ethan crap.   He was an A** and was not worthy of Zach.   Enough already!

P.S.  I still think ACS is Ethan's father.

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
Granny

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Golly Girls! 

You have posted some very interesting thoughts!  The way you all presented them, I believe you could be on to something.  Very Good!

However, when did the writers of AMC so this much intelligence?  But there is always hope!

Granny 

Thanks, Sharon, for putting Zach and Kendall in my backyard. Thanks, Karen, for attaching this to my posts.
CindyC

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 

It would be alot easier to figure out or follow if we could depend on good writing.  There isn't any consistency in the writing.  I stated my feelings in a different thread.  They forget what was written previously regarding "Ethan's story", "Zach's history", "Hannah" or whatever.  As faithful fans  we remember what we saw and heard. We all know Hannah was from England or so we were told, yet Hannah arrives with no accent.  This could indicate that Hannah could be a fake, however the writers most likely just overlooked that fact.  It's hard to know.  As Cheri mentioned several times, the dates on Ethan's stone, just nothing ever adds up.  They pay no attention to facts or details, but again are we supposed to find these errors to draw a conclusion that Zach is not Ethan's father(I do wish)  or is this just more incompetence.  IMO they are insulting the viewers intelligence.  Maybe they think we are nut cases like them.   Well I could go on and on, so I'll stop now.  I think they should hire Cheri to replace the HACK.   

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyC

It would be alot easier to figure out or follow if we could depend on good writing.  There isn't any consistency in the writing.  I stated my feelings in a different thread.  They forget what was written previously regarding "Ethan's story", "Zach's history", "Hannah" or whatever.  As faithful fans  we remember what we saw and heard. We all know Hannah was from England or so we were told, yet Hannah arrives with no accent.  This could indicate that Hannah could be a fake, however the writers most likely just overlooked that fact.  It's hard to know.  As Cheri mentioned several times, the dates on Ethan's stone, just nothing ever adds up.  They pay no attention to facts or details, but again are we supposed to find these errors to draw a conclusion that Zach is not Ethan's father(I do wish)  or is this just more incompetence.  IMO they are insulting the viewers intelligence.  Maybe they think we are nut cases like them.   Well I could go on and on, so I'll stop now.  I think they should hire Cheri to replace the HACK.   

Cindy, I whole heartedly second your suggestion that they should hire Cheri to replace the HACK !!!

Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I'm not even sure Hannah is the person that was headhunted for the Cambias job. Is it possible that Hannah and/or ACS bumped off the real applicant so that "Hannah" could assume her identity? And just exactly how long has Zach been in charge of Cambias- I thought it was just a matter of days, not weeks. So Hannah found out Zach was in charge and sent in her application?
We know Cambias had ties to Hong Kong (I can't remember if Ryan or Ethan was talking about taking over the office there); did they have ties to other parts of China? (Has Hannah been working for Cambias all along? Or did Hannah/ACS use those ties to fake a resume?)
I'm becoming a real conspiracy theorist.  I'll be wearing tinfoil hats next.
CindyC

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetwrangler
I'm not even sure Hannah is the person that was headhunted for the Cambias job. Is it possible that Hannah and/or ACS bumped off the real applicant so that "Hannah" could assume her identity? And just exactly how long has Zach been in charge of Cambias- I thought it was just a matter of days, not weeks. So Hannah found out Zach was in charge and sent in her application?
We know Cambias had ties to Hong Kong (I can't remember if Ryan or Ethan was talking about taking over the office there); did they have ties to other parts of China? (Has Hannah been working for Cambias all along? Or did Hannah/ACS use those ties to fake a resume?)
I'm becoming a real conspiracy theorist.  I'll be wearing tinfoil hats next.

You are right,  SWISS CHEESE again.  They pay absolutely no attention to detail and this is pretty short term.  He just took over Cambius and she read about it, and sent a resume, AND had an interview.  WOW that's pretty good. I think Hannah would be a good match for Ryan,  I mean she's so quick that he wouldn't have time to control her.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri

I agree with everyone who is suspicious of the timing of "Hannah's" arrival. She had disappeared off the face of the earth... no trace of her could be found... yet suddenly she just walks into Zach's office after spying on him for at least a day.

I'm also suspicous of the timing of ACS's revenge plan against Zach.  If ACS has known that Zach was really Alex for several years why did it take him this long to try to strike back.  I know a lot of people said that this was the first time in Zach's life that he had something he really cared about to lose, but I disagree.  ACS could have targeted Maria, anyone that Maria loves, Bianca, or Miranda and all of those losses would have devastated Zach - but ACS chose to wait this long.  And why is that?  I think it's because this isn't the first plan ACS has put in motion to try to get back at Zach.  Which ties in with the theories of several other people on this board who have said they think Ethan isn't Zach's child - that he's ACS's son instead - and that he was sent to PV by ACS to hurt Zach.  It also could tie in to ACS's telling Zach repeatedly during the confrontation on the balcony, "You detroyed my family", "You took my hope" etc.  On the surface of things it sounds like he's talking about Zach faking his own death.  But what if he's not just talking about Zach's "death."  In ACS's sick, twisted mind he could blame Zach for Ethan's death and therefore he could be talking about Ethan's death as well when he says "You detroyed my family." 

So now ACS's first plan of using Ethan to hurt Zach has failed, and if he blames Zach for Ethan's death then he now has two reasons to be angry (they're not reasons that make sense to any sane person but we all know ACS isn't sane), so he goes to Plan B which is the Satin Slayer plan.  Then he goes to Plan C which is to give Zach Cambias.  Then when that plans fails to ruin Zach's life completely ACS goes to Plan D which is to bring in the Hannah imposter to sabatoge Zach's life and to try to keep Cambias from becoming a force for good.  I really, really wish that the writers would lay off the sabatoging of the romance storyline and instead making this just about "Hannah" and ACS trying to sabatoge Zach's efforts to make Cambias a force for good in the world, because that might actually be interesting (or at the very least it would be a story we haven't seen 50 times already) - but I don't have a lot of faith in TIIC at this point. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Mackenzie both you and Puppetwrangler bring up some very valid theories. I also think that Ethan, ACS's son, may originally have been part of a plot by ACS to hurt Zach. When that plot failed with Ethan's death, his next plan was the SS killings. 

Today, when Hannah started quoting actual conversations between her and Alex Jr. to make herself believable, my thought was that she could have known the real Hannah, and known her story of being sent away pregnant with Zach's baby, somehow got rid of her and now took over her identity. If this is the way the s/l is written then there actually could be a son of Zach's somewhere out there, a son who would be worthy of Zach as his father.

Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I really hope that there is no other adult son of Zach's running around... I don't want that for him. The character of Ethan should have NEVER been created, IMO, and two wrongs just make things MORE wrong. Hannah could have had a miscarriage, or never been pregnant at all, or the child she passed off as Zach's son wasn't really his... I don't care... but I do not want Zach to have another mystery child arrive. There's been enough of that in his "family" already, don't you think?

As far as Ethan is concerned... you may very well be right. I remember a few months back arguing vociferously against the possibility that ACS would be the serial killer. Funny how many people jumped on that bandwagon almost immediately, but it took a while for me to get there. I admit that it was partly because I couldn't comprehend how any parent would blame a small boy for killing his mother... not even considering that ACS may have actually committed the crime. I hope, though, that the new writers are better at avoiding giant craters than the Hack.

If Ethan was being used for revenge, though, the timeline makes no sense to me. Michael and Alexander both "died" in August of 2003. Zach arrived in Pine Valley in July 2004. Ethan arrived in August 2004. If ACS had been heading to Las Vegas to have it out with a recently discovered Zach, then why did he wait a year to send Ethan? How did he know that Zach was going to move to Pine Valley and how did he plan it so perfectly for Ethan to arrive just a couple of weeks after Zach pledged his support for the Miranda center at the groundbreaking ceremony? He could have gone after Zach and the casinos long before he had any involvement in Pine Valley ... if the argument is that he wanted to take away something Zach loved, for all intents and purposes those casinos were Zach's life at that time. WE know that he would have survived... but from a distance it could easily appear that is what Zach loved. And it would make sense to Alexander who only ever truly loved HIS company.

I think it would be a better story that ACS was pulling the strings anonymously and from afar. And that these are not Plans A, B, C & D progressively, but interwoven for a variety of reasons. ACS needed to purge Michael from his company and recover its good name, he needed to punish people who he believed had betrayed him, and he needed to create a new power base for his future. Let's assume Ethan is his bastard son... he really doesn't want him until he loses his heir and the spare is found wanting. But there is the taint attached to the illegitimate child that he cannot abide. So he creates the myth of his grandson and quietly directs his upbringing and education. The cold and aloof parents, the Oxford education, the major in finance -- all things that would have mattered to ACS. Remember what he told Zach about his loving mother? He would have made sure that Ethan did not have parents who would have made him "soft."

Perhaps ACS already had a plan to "die" and leave Cambias to Ethan... but his plans had to be enacted prematurely after Michael's rape of Bianca. Ethan wasn't ready, but he had to save the company's "good" name. So he conned the con man and worked to make sure that it was in his hands until he turned it over to the "rightful heir." Zach's arrival in Pine Valley, his interest in Cambias and the Kanes, and his interference with Ethan were all unexpected roadblocks to ACS's plans for his son -- as was the assassination attempt on Ryan that Ethan was accused of perpetrating. Then he finds out that Zach is alive and the stakes have been raised... not only does he need to get Ethan at the helm of Cambias, but he also needs to exact his revenge on Zach.

All of this played out with Ethan unknowingly playing into the hands of his father and ACS is content to sit back and observe... perhaps while training his Hannah imposter for her entrance into Zach's life. We already know that he enjoys prolonging the agony and is more interested in torturing his victims, than the kill itself. Otherwise he wouldn't have chosen a poison that often accompanied a slow and painful death -- Simone and Erin were found dead and posed, but everyone that we saw get poisoned suffered. Rather than "Hannah" being the latest attempt at hurting Zach... it is just one more step in the plan. Obviously she wouldn't have been necessary if ACS had succeeded in killing Zach... but perhaps she was his regent... the woman who he was planning to help him raise Spike after Zach, Kendall and Ryan were killed.

Hannah's story was remarkably thin... and her demeanor was completely wrong for the situation. The conversations she referenced between her and Alex are awfully vanilla -- nothing concrete and all based on information that ACS would have known. Hell, I could have shown up and said those same lines without ever hearing them... they play perfectly into the myth, but have not a shred of substance. She was flirtatious and coy, although she momentarily looked sad at the mention of Ethan... she was having too much fun. And her excuses were threadbare -- Hannah was unhappy and homesick, yet she hides Ethan in London and disappears to the far east for more than 20 years? And we are to believe that there was no information about one of the largest multinational conglomerates in the world available as she was opening up new markets in China? She never heard anything about ACS's death or Ethan taking over three years ago? For the kind of success that would make her a candidate for an executive position at Cambias, she couldn't have been hiding out in rice paddies with no communication to the outside world.

Then there's the tale that she returned to civilization, I mean Singapore, just last year and found out about ACS's death and Ethan and Zach. Well Ethan died EARLY last year, so why would she have found out about only half of the story. The last I checked, the information superhighway was operating quite well in 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006. Yet it was only on her long arduous journey back to the U.S. from Singapore that she discovers that the CEO of Cambias Industries died in an explosion in February 2006. Obviously she isn't familiar with airplanes, otherwise that information would have come to her during the flight. What did she do? Just turn around and go back to Singapore? Why not finish the journey, visit her son's grave and seek out Zach to find out about Ethan?

Then there's the headhunter... that's the one thing that I do think is somewhat realistic. Some headhunters do have "ins" with companies, and after re-watching the conversation between Hannah and Zach, it sounds like she had an interview with a Cambias headhunter and Zach authorized him to invite her for a personal interview. Otherwise, none of it makes sense as Zach should recognize the voice of someone he interviewed recently and invited for a face to face.

And finally, Hannah's name. That one REALLY bugs me. She changed her identity, hid out in China for over 20 years, went from a British accent to a perfect American accent although she never lived in this country, and used an assumed identity. Based on her age when Ethan was born, she actually used the NEW name longer than the name Hannah... and we have seen from Zach how identified he is with his new identity and name. How can she so easily START calling herself Hannah after all these years... and how can she so easily STOP calling him Alex when that is the only name she knew him by?

It just doesn't make sense... except for the fact that she is probably a very well trained imposter with a specific agenda. Keep Zach from changing Cambias (hence the position as executive), make him suffer for his "crimes," and put herself in a position to get Spike away from Zach and Kendall. The news of the new baby has not been shared outside of the family yet... but when it is revealed, you can be sure that ACS will want that baby even more than Spike -- unless, of course, Spike is really Zach's son and then he'll want both childen... back to the heir and a spare.

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Cheri I was thinking of all the stuff you said last night.  How could a woman involved in the business world as Hannah claimed not be aware of all that has happened at Cambias.  This isn't the 1950's.  If you're working for a major conglomerate in any part of the world you know exactly what's happening and I'm sure the whole Cambias story of three years ago (Michael, ACS death, Zach's announcing he is Alex Jr.) would have been known around the business community (in the Wall Street Journal and other business papers) and she had to know that her son was alive and ACS was dead and that Alex Jr. was also alive and with their son.  Once again we have POTHOLES just like when they brought Dixie back.  I want to believe, since TK resigned, that we are going to get a really good story out of all this but WHY can't they think it through before they bring a person on the canvas.  Look at all the inconsistencies we found in one day.  This is part of AMC's problem in telling a story.  Once again like the Madden story, the SS story, this could be an excellent tale but they always screw it up with inconsistencies.
Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2
Cheri I was thinking of all the stuff you said last night.  How could a woman involved in the business world as Hannah claimed not be aware of all that has happened at Cambias.  This isn't the 1950's.  If you're working for a major conglomerate in any part of the world you know exactly what's happening and I'm sure the whole Cambias story of three years ago (Michael, ACS death, Zach's announcing he is Alex Jr.) would have been known around the business community (in the Wall Street Journal and other business papers) and she had to know that her son was alive and ACS was dead and that Alex Jr. was also alive and with their son.  Once again we have POTHOLES just like when they brought Dixie back.  I want to believe, since TK resigned, that we are going to get a really good story out of all this but WHY can't they think it through before they bring a person on the canvas.  Look at all the inconsistencies we found in one day.  This is part of AMC's problem in telling a story.  Once again like the Madden story, the SS story, this could be an excellent tale but they always screw it up with inconsistencies.

You are so right toasty,  trying to find reason in this haystack is beyind my capabilities so I confess to throwing up my hands in defeat. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Sorry....catching up this week.

Anyway, this may be TMI for some of you but I can and will always remember all my "playmates" from 17 years old and on.  I may not think about them anymore but if I come face to face with any of them, and I have in recent years, we BOTH remember each other very clearly even if it was 24 years ago. (some of 'em I would rather not remember )

This is why something stinks about Hannah.  Zach, aka Alex at the time, and Hannah didn't just screw like blind drunken teen rabbits.  They had somewhat of a relationship and they had a connection.   Zach wouldn't forget anything like that.  He's not that shallow.

HANNAH!!!  YOU STINK!!! (you're a dam pretty red head though. gotta give you that.)

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I saw my "first love" last year for the first time in 26 years and ...
I would not have known him in a crowd. This is a guy I was "in love" with for two years, so I knew him very well.  He worked in the same industry and  he saw my name in an email and took a chance it was me and sent a note.  He then left a voicemail and HE SOUNDED nothing like the 22 year old I knew.
That was SO strange because I KNEW his voice, I listened to it over and over not hearing any of the old bf.

We met for lunch and he looked good for himself, but nothing like the skinny blue-eyed, long blonde haired boy from long ago. So, my point obviously, Zach did not spend that much time with Hannah and I believe he could easily not recognize her.

(And for anyone who is wondering...nothing happened between the old bf and me. He is happily married and I cleared our lunch meeting with his wife before we met. Good to see him, brought back my youth a bit! And seeing him again validated I'd made the right choice way back then when I moved on.

“I’m very intuitive, when I am not hallucinating.” - Janet Dillon
Diva

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
I just edited today's show and noticed something interesting. When Hannah talks to ACS in jail, it sounds like an actress reciting a role to a director.  There is no expression on ACS's face other than a blank look listening to a performance. I am convinced she is not Hannah, but someone hired by him to impersonate her and her life. Her appearance in  the jail, IMO, acknowledged to ACS her arrival in PV and suspecting that there are cameras, verified to anyone watching that she is Hannah Nichols. This is probably what ACS meant when he whispered under his breath "We'll see", to a departing Zach, who now thought he was rid of his evil father.

I would describe Hannah's visit to ACS in jail as "Reporting for duty Sir". JMO.

Both actors are excellent in their roles and when you watch the show on a larger screen, their portrayal of their characters becomes clearer. Also Hannah while listening to Kendall speak about Ethan seemed very impatient, as if she really didn't care to hear any more about her son.  Her lack of emotion when she speaks about Ethan is very telling.  Her resentment of Zach is also obvious. Her look at Kendall was not very friendly while they were alone, it changed as soon as Zach came in.

Zach today, IMO, showed a certain amount of doubt and uncertainty while watching Hannah speak to Kendall.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
I just edited today's show and noticed something interesting. When Hannah talks to ACS in jail, it sounds like an actress reciting a role to a director.  There is no expression on ACS's face other than a blank look listening to a performance. I am convinced she is not Hannah, but someone hired by him to impersonate her and her life. Her appearance in  the jail, IMO, acknowledged to ACS her arrival in PV and suspecting that there are cameras, verified to anyone watching that she is Hannah Nichols. This is probably what ACS meant when he whispered under his breath "We'll see", to a departing Zach, who now thought he was rid of his evil father.

I would describe Hannah's visit to ACS in jail as "Reporting for duty Sir". JMO.

Both actors are excellent in their roles and when you watch the show on a larger screen, their portrayal of their characters becomes clearer. Also Hannah while listening to Kendall speak about Ethan seemed very impatient, as if she really didn't care to hear any more about her son.  Her lack of emotion when she speaks about Ethan is very telling.  Her resentment of Zach is also obvious. Her look at Kendall was not very friendly while they were alone, it changed as soon as Zach came in.

Zach today, IMO, showed a certain amount of doubt and uncertainty while watching Hannah speak to Kendall.

I totally agree Diva.  When I watched it originally it looked staged.  She looked mad but not furious.  Alex Sr should have reacted more then he did to her return.  Just something didn't ring right there.  I think she is playing them.  That one comment about Zach doing well for himself even after going through the abuse just sent bells off.  What else I find strange is why is she blaming Zach for anything.   If she was so well hidden that Alex couldn't find her, why didn't she have her son with her all the time?  She obviously had a great steady job.  She could have easily changed his name as well as hers.  Nothing is making sense.  I hate the fact that Zach is being blamed for what he did for Ethan as a adult.  Ethan was a schmo but yet Hannah is suppose to be a saint cause she gave him up.  No not seeing it.  I would see a whole different story if the pieces fit.  Where the hell was she 4 years ago when Sr was announced dead?????

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO  I just posted my suspicions in a different thread about this very same thing.  I posted it under 3/29 clip.  After watching several times it was like Hannah was telling ACS what should be said regarding her going thru his desk.  A control freak like ACS wouldn't remember why she went thru his desk especially if it involved Alex Jr. or the fact that he knew Hannah was pregnant.  Diva,  you said it much better than I.          ABSOLUTELY I AGREE!!!!!!

Cindy, I also agree with you, nothing fits holes all over the place, but then again that's nothing new.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:

I felt something similar when I watched the clips yesterday and posted it there. She could well have been "Reporting for duty" or announcing how a change in plans will be carried out. She will probably be a very ambiguous character for a while. (But I have been wrong many times before.  )
I'd like to know what Myrtle thinks of her.

I noticed something else on repeated viewings of the 3-29 clip. Her response to Kendall's telling her that Zach saw his father kill his mother didn't seem quite right. She didn't ask how or when or anything. That just seemed odd to me.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.