Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My daughter is home sick from school today so I thought I'd watch live. Now I think I'll be sick The Chandler Carey Hour.....

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Yup, what a waste!  I miss TK. 

Zachaddict

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Yes, boring and over the top for my taste.

I know Krystal should not have lied but Tad behaving like it was 100 % her fault was over the top in my view.  He was present when the adultery happened was he not?  Men are lucky that they do not get pregnant and do not get stuck with the consequences. 

I am not a Krystal fan but his lecturing her like he was on the total moral highground in this affair was a bit much. 

And why has Dixie become a saint in his eyes since her death?  and what was his "she died in vain" accusation to Krystal all about? Krystal's pregnancy had nothing to do with Dixie's death.

Tad seems to be considered the moral guy in every situation.  Did he not murder Madden not too long ago? nobody lectured him about that sin.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
My daughter is home sick from school today so I thought I'd watch live. Now I think I'll be sick The Chandler Carey Hour.....

The entire episode confined to the Chandler mansion.  Have we ever had that with Zach, no matter what storyline we are in the middle of?  But....but.........I did get some satisfaction out of it.  Tad's lashing out at Joonyer and Kwak was an ejoyable moment.

And finally, Adam starts thinking with the right head!  (No, it's not a typo, I am not talking right brain vs left brain).

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan

The entire episode confined to the Chandler mansion.  Have we ever had that with Zach, no matter what storyline we are in the middle of?  But....but.........I did get some satisfaction out of it.  Tad's lashing out at Joonyer and Kwak was an ejoyable moment.

And finally, Adam starts thinking with the right head!  (No, it's not a typo, I am not talking right brain vs left brain).

ITA.. Chandler/Carey Hour..HURL! 
Also glad to see Adam giving the Hobags their due!  Long overdue IMO!  And
NO--NO--NO--  we have NOT ever had a whole ep. of Zach that I rem.!!  I
want that!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Thank you guys for letting me know.  I was just looking to see if there were any clips or comments on the show and to see if I should watch it or not.  Guess I can just delete it and just put away laundry.  That sounds more fun by reading the posts. LOL

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan

Great!  Thank you for letting me know I can go shopping after work.  I'm going to start checking here on my lunch hour so I know just to rewind my tape when I get home.  I've had it with anything other than Thorsten/Zack on AMC. 

And, would someone explain to me why they think that when McT is gone anything is going to be any different.  Or much different?  THE PRODUCER has got to be the one that has the final say on what we see.  A headwriter may have a lot of power, but certainly not more than the producer.  It has just puzzled me to no end that everyone seems to think that when McT is gone everything is going to be wonderful. 

Anyone remember the Claire Labine (wasn't that her?) days on OLTL?  THAT turned into a nightmare as I remember. 

Mackenzie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

The only reason why I'm not getting completely pissed off right now - well actually the three reasons - are because I think AM and TK probably need a bit of a break after the intense storyline they just finished and hopefully they're resting up so they'll be at their best for the coming storyline with the Zendall baby and the stuff at Cambias - the other reason I'm okay with it is because I figure this is the Hack's final FU to the Zendall/Zach fans and pretty soon her influence will be off of the show for good and maybe with a little luck the next Headwriter won't be so obsessed with the Lavery's and the Carey's - and my other reason is that I am so happy for David Canary that TIIC are finally letting him act like Adam and not Pod-Adam.  I think when a character gets ruined by TIIC is must be the hardest for the actors/actresses who have played the part for years.  I think it must be like losing an old friend. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Actually, I was taking notice of the amazing acting today.  Everybody, mostly DC and MEK, blew it out of the water.  Excellent work.   But I wouldn't expect anything less from those to vets.   Love them.

Now that would be some serious material for TK.........IF THEY'D ONLY GIVE HIM MORE OF IT.

The character s/l on the other hand.......KRYSTAL CERTAINLY F-ED THIS ONE  UP DIDN'T SHE.   I don't blame Adam at all for his wrath.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Mackenzie, I know what you mean about the writer ruining the characters.  What has been obvious the past 12 months at least, is inability of the writers to give worthy material to existing characters, while bringing on annoying, boring, empty-headed newbies.  Not only they let some of the very talented veterans like JB and VI go, but look at what they have done to David Canary.  Adam got turned into a buffoon, and how much have we seen Stuart in the past 12 months, except to glorify Babe's love?  It's the same actor, they didn't even need to go out and hire another actor, and yet, the writers couldn't find anything for him to do all this time?  He shows up today, and he is on screen for 10 seconds, and we don't even know if he is still at the Chandler Mansion in the next scene. 

And for those who haven't seen today's episode, I will give you some more reasons to skip Soapnet: As much as I have hated Adam being love-slave to Kwak, him wailing and weeping over the betrayal was even worse.  I could not garner any sympathy for him.  I am only glad that he sees the light of hte day now.  Colby wanting her "family" back together was more hypocritical than any Erica scene.  Joonyer arguing with Tad was hollower than a drum.  But the absolute worst was listening to Kwak as to how she did it for LOVE!  How she continues to say she "comforted" Tad (I have comforted many a friends in their rough times, I don't recall ever sleeping with them to "comfort" them), and how Adam loves this baby!  Totally vomit-inducing!  If I never see her character on AMC again, I would be a happy camper.

Mackenzie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan

Great!  Thank you for letting me know I can go shopping after work.  I'm going to start checking here on my lunch hour so I know just to rewind my tape when I get home.  I've had it with anything other than Thorsten/Zack on AMC. 

And, would someone explain to me why they think that when McT is gone anything is going to be any different.  Or much different?  THE PRODUCER has got to be the one that has the final say on what we see.  A headwriter may have a lot of power, but certainly not more than the producer.  It has just puzzled me to no end that everyone seems to think that when McT is gone everything is going to be wonderful. 

Anyone remember the Claire Labine (wasn't that her?) days on OLTL?  THAT turned into a nightmare as I remember. 

I don't believe that McT leaving will solve all the problems.  But I do think it will be a step in the right direction.  For instance, I'm not crazy about the direction that Days of Our Lives  is going in at the moment, but when JER was fired and HS was hired there were noticable differences in the quality of the writer.  For instance: the more hypocritical characters were finally confronted about their B.S., holes in the writing were filled in, people had conversations that made a lot more sense and I find myself saying WTF a lot less.  I still don't love what's happening over there, but I don't feel like my blood pressure is going through the roof when I watch the way that I used to.

I would love, love, love it if TIIC over at ABC would fire JHC and Frons as well, because I think that's what it will take to truly save this show.  But I'm still glad the Hack is leaving.  It gives me hope that at least ABC is aware of how badly AMC is sinking. 

Plus, I only watch for TK/Zach now so even if the overall show doesn't get fixed by the new HW I will at least be glad to see TK be finally given better material to work with.  I feel bad for the actors that they have to jump through such hoops just to make the dialogue seem real and believable.  I think that TK does a wonderful job with the crappy writing he is given to work with, and I look forward to seeing what amazing things he will do when finally given some material that doesn't have a million holes in it.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I agree with all who feel that today's show was a complete waste of time.  The one good thing, though, was to see DC be the real Adam Chandler. His character has been so distorted in recent months, that he has become almost unrecognizable. Unfortunately that is also true of some of the other characters on the show that we have known for years.  Only Krystal and Babe have remained to be boringly true.

We have rejoiced about the ousting of Megan McTavish from her position as head writer, but I would also like to caution everyone, that we may be jumping from the frying pan into the fire with the next one. Until we experience the new writer's agenda, we will be in soap opera limbo for a while. I hope that we are pleasantly surprised and that the new writer has been reading Internet opinion regarding what the viewing public is craving for in both s/l and character portrayals. I hope that the ratings increase that AMC has experienced during the SS s/l, gives a hint as to which characters are in greater demand and which actors are drawing the viewing public to the show.

Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Oh... I have no illusions about the state of ANY ABC soap as long as BS Frons is in charge. He needs to be fired yesterday, and I don't think AMC has much of a chance at improvement until he and his micromanaging, sexist, egotistical, misogynistic ways have been excised from all things at ABC/Disney.

However... the Hack stole from me. And her ouster is justice in my eyes above and beyond her being SO very deserving. A writer is paid to WRITE... not to scribble, not to plagiarize, and not to re-hash the same stuff over and over and over again... and certainly not to advance a woman hating agenda. The Hack did all that and more and I am still very pleased that she is gone from AMC. Will it fix the show? No. Does that leave a possible glimmer of light? Yes. Am I counting on it? No.

The only reason to watch AMC is Thorsten Kaye. And for as long as he is on, I will watch every single episode he graces with his talent. If he's not on, I ain't watching. It's that simple. And one of these days, if we're very, very lucky, the idiots who run the show will figure it out.

One down, Frons to go!

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

I wasn't going to watch yesterday's episode  (no TK and it was all about the Carey women) but I did because I heard about the great performances by DC and MEK.  Amanda Beall wrote it and as usual with her it was well done as far as DC and MEK were concerned.  They did not let me down and both gave wonderful performances.  On the other hand, if it's possible, I hate the Carey women even more.  They write these women like they've done nothing wrong and it's okay to keep a person's child from them just to make another person happy (I'm sure that's how Beall is told to write it) or because you want too.  The sad thing is that people like Bianca will forgive them because they're really "good people".  Yet ZACH helps every friggin women in the town and never gets any thanks for it and people still think of him as the "bad guy".  It's possitively STUPID.   But the show was written very well yesterday and Adam and Tad both said what should have been said.  I just don't understand how Tad is going to turn around and blame Adam for this and have him committed but then I shouldn't be surprised that Krystal will come out smellling like a rose after all this is Fronsville.  Will they ever learn on this show?

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by toasty2

I wasn't going to watch yesterday's episode  (no TK and it was all about the Carey women) but I did because I heard about the great performances by DC and MEK.  Amanda Beall wrote it and as usual with her it was well done as far as DC and MEK were concerned.  They did not let me down and both gave wonderful performances.  On the other hand, if it's possible, I hate the Carey women even more.  They write these women like they've done nothing wrong and it's okay to keep a person's child from them just to make another person happy (I'm sure that's how Beall is told to write it) or because you want too.  The sad thing is that people like Bianca will forgive them because they're really "good people".  Yet ZACH helps every friggin women in the town and never gets any thanks for it and people still think of him as the "bad guy".  It's possitively STUPID.   But the show was written very well yesterday and Adam and Tad both said what should have been said.  I just don't understand how Tad is going to turn around and blame Adam for this and have him committed but then I shouldn't be surprised that Krystal will come out smellling like a rose after all this is Fronsville.  Will they ever learn on this show?

ITA......on sending Adam to the  Freak-out Farm.  What the hells up with that??!!   That makes no sense.  But what does on this show?

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:

ITA......on sending Adam to the  Freak-out Farm.  What the hells up with that??!!   That makes no sense.  But what does on this show?

I'm right on board with you.  I vote to let Adam show is devil side and have some fun. 

KWAK's whole "that's not what our love is" stuff yesterday was goofy to say the least.  Adam has the goods in his mind to be a real Janet if he has to be.  Just look at some of the stuff he has done to past wives.  We really HATED him, and he was so very good at it.  I vote they let him do what he does best.  He doesn't do sweet very well at all.  He's a master at mean. 

A good story with plenty of Zach time is all I ask.
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

I totally agree.  I would love to see Adam throw the mother and daughter to the curb and strip JR of his inheritance.  Of course, the people of PV will crucify him but so what I have had it with these women getting away with everything.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.