Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
To fill the void that was left when Zach Slater/TK so poignantly said "Good-bye" to Pine Valley and to us last week, I've been watching clips of "early" Zach from back in 2004, and I can't even tell you what a wonderful "Band-Aid" this has been!  Some scenes I hadn't seen yet, and some I'd forgotten, and others still, I'm enjoying watching all over again!  Even in the clips that I've already seen before, I'm finding little nuances that I missed the first time around.  And even though I know how this all turns out, I find that I'm looking forward to the next clip!  And can I tell you, I'd forgotten about the chemistry between Zach and Maria/Maureen!!!  ( I just finished re-watching the casita clips!)  Mercy!!  As Kay likes to say, "The mahn has chemistry with furniture!"  I can't wait to get to my next clip.

Thank you, Kathy and Christy for all your work, making these clips available for us, and Gina too, for everything you do to help make this website a haven for all of Thorsten's fans.  And, Gina....I'm still waiting for your dream to come true!!  Until then....back to the clips!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
We're glad you're enjoying them! Despite her other failings, I always thought McTavish gave Zach a ripsnorting introduction, and the Zacharian scenes provide quite the source of heat on these freezing ass cold days (that we're having here in the northeast/midAtlantic, anyway).

(Don't you just miss Ethan? Snort!)

Ditto on Gina's dream!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM
To fill the void that was left when Zach Slater/TK so poignantly said "Good-bye" to Pine Valley and to us last week, I've been watching clips of "early" Zach from back in 2004, and I can't even tell you what a wonderful "Band-Aid" this has been! 

You too?  The clips and the memories that are scorched in my brain are the only things that are keeping me from wallowing in my WAH 24/7, post-TK AMC days. 

Quote:
And can I tell you, I'd forgotten about the chemistry between Zach and Maria/Maureen!!!  ( I just finished re-watching the casita clips!)  Mercy!!  As Kay likes to say, "The mahn has chemistry with furniture!"  I can't wait to get to my next clip.

I know!!!  There was some serious heat between Zach/Mauria and that's not unusual given the mahn and his special abilities and qualities, lol!   But I always also appreciated Eva's portrayal because Mauria seriously ALWAYS looked like she wanted Zach for dessert!   She always had do-me eyes no matter what her mouth was saying when she was in the same room with him.   

Quote:
Thank you, Kathy and Christy for all your work, making these clips available for us, and Gina too, for everything you do to help make this website a haven for all of Thorsten's fans.  And, Gina....I'm still waiting for your dream to come true!!  Until then....back to the clips!

Ditto!  Thanks so much Kathy, Christy & Gina.  You guys, this board...may just save my sanity during these TK-less days ahead!   Yes...I know...I'm very dramatic about life without TK on my screen daily but them's the facts!

Some dreams do come true so I'm hoping Gina's dream is one of the ones that do [if that's what Thorsten wants and it is what's best for him of course]. 

ETA:  Eatdirt, GAG!!!  McTavish's 7 foot mistake!  What a sniveling, blinking, lip smacking, pansy assed dick that one was. 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Ditto to all, and yes I remember the first time TK/Zach walked on that set which is when I became glued to watching AMC everyday.  

Thank you Kathy, Christy & Gina for having all these scenes available to us, they will definitely save me on my business travels as it gets boring in hotels at night and you can only work so much before the brain goes dead.

Yes, I too agree Zach/Maria/Maureen had great chemistry and if she would have come back I wouldn't have minded another pairing.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I started watching from the beginning (2004) New Year's weekend and I'm just loving it.   Say what you want about McTavish but I did love how she wrote Zach.   TK certainly was given some good material back then and boy did he take it and run with it.   Yes the Mahn can take crap and make gold out of it but when he's giving good stuff it's a joy to behold.

Again I say thank you to the ladies for this board and the joy of these old clips.  Now instead of watching the horrible AMC I can enjoy the Mahn and his wonderful work and I have nothing to FF.

Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Zach and Maria were really hot together.  Though I have to admit that I haven't seen many women that TK hasn't had serious chemistry with.

I appreciate having the clips, too.  I've been busy these last few weeks (three kids home from college/grad school) and haven't had a chance to really miss TK yet.  Next week when they leave I will be in serious need of some good Zach flashbacks.

(By the way, Kathy, I live in Tennessee and it's 22 degrees here now.  Is this anywhere warm in this country right now?)
amcgirl

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

I want to watch too, we need more hours in the day.

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

The old clips are really a big help - I have never read such an accurate description of Eatdirt - That was hysterical  - McTavish was pretty good in a lot of ways - Zach was great with Maureen/Maria - We have to give Gina something to make her dream more - Peggy

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Christy, Kathy, and Gina - Thank you so much for all you do - Thanks for the December and January Site Updates and Thanks So Much for the Great Picture of TK on the front page at Site Updates - Wow - Peggy

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
Peggy, you're welcome! (Christy made the great snappy.)

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Hey Kathy,  I haven't posted in a while.  I miss TK and AM sooooo much. There are some old clips from 2005 that we are unable to click on.  Can you try to fix them somehow.  Thanks.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I don't know how I missed this thread.

But I would also like to thank our lovely mods for these clips.  They keep me sane!! LOL!!

Sometimes while watching them I feel sad because Zach is gone and I want to see what he is doing right now . . . but getting my TK fix ALWAYS makes me feel better.

June

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Watching the clips is really a great help - We sure are lucky to have this place to be able to do that - Really love that snappy on the front page by site updates - Wow - Peggy

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Those life-saving video archives are priceless, and are the only things getting me through these Zachless days. I am so thankful to you ladies that have provided it for us. I started watching the 2004 beginning as soon as Zach said his "goodbye" and have now gotten up  through Aug 06. Yesterday I watched Ryan drive his motorcycle over that cliff, (and couldn't help shouting "Why couldn't you have STAYED there?) While i do remember the plot lines as they come up, the day by day scenes bring back things and lines that i had forgotten. I will soon reach the date when i began to keep my own recordings so the surprises will end, but the joy of  continuous watching and rewatching of this fabulous man will NEVER end. Once again, thanks for the crutch!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Ooops! That wasn't Aug 06, I meant July '05, of course.

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Peggy, you're welcome! (Christy made the great snappy.)

Thanks ladies for the gorgeous pic.   Missing TK/Zach terribly everyday.   That certainly helped a bit.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK4EVER

Hey Kathy,  I haven't posted in a while.  I miss TK and AM sooooo much. There are some old clips from 2005 that we are unable to click on.  Can you try to fix them somehow.  Thanks.

Non-linked dates do not have videos.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Since the post-TK-AMC days...I've been taking a stroll thru the old clips and it's quite the eye opener.   While I'm happy that Zach got a somewhat happy ending (even though I'm sure it will be very short-lived...and he'll probaby pay for it off screen, when Kendall returns alone); I've got to say...that Z&K should have never reunited.   From the minute that Greenlee found out about the ONS...even though Zach had forgiven Kendall for it (or pretty close to it, until Pratt dredged it up)...their relationship went downhill fast and furiously.  Kendall's jealousy over Greenlee and obvious lack of trust in Zach, to her inability to see that her obsession to get Greenlee to forgive her for sleeping with Aidan was pouring salt in the wounds Zach desperately tried to heal; were just the tip of the iceberg in showing that Zach's feelings became an afterthought for Kendall.  It was all about Greenlee's feelings and worst yet, poor Ryan's feelings.  Their relationship was in shambles months before the tornado hit and they were in shambles because no matter how many times Zach pleaded with her...her #1 priority was Ryan and making sure he was happy, all at Zach's expense.  All Zach heard from her morning, noon and night was Ryan, Ryan, Ryan.   So it should have surprised noone that when she woke up from her coma, she admitted that her obsession to reunite Ryan/Greenlee was because she didn't want him available (to her) and it should surprise noone that it took her just days after Greenlee's "death" to do what she'd been wanting to do for a very long time, using Gabrielle and Reese and Zach's actions as her "victim" ticket to do it.  What came next was what had been building since before Pratt took the reigns and it's something that should have been the final nail in the Zendall coffin even without all the ILY's exchanged by K/R and throwing their relationship in Zach's face, etc.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
ITA with what you're saying Alina and it was my biggest problem with Kendall even though I love Lish.  I felt that they wrote Kendall as never being totally in love with Zach but always wanting both men (so Erica) and it bothered me to the point where I couldn't say anything good about Kendall.  I was not happy about this because I do believe TK and Lish have amazing chemistry and I think she gave him his best pairing.    I will never forgive AMC for how they handled a couple who had so much potential and when I think what a good writer like Agnes Nixon or even Lorraine Broderwick would have done with this couple it makes me so sad for all the time wasted.

I think TK said it best when he said that there was enough in the marriage to give these two a story without outside interference (or something like that) and I totally agree.   You had two strong independent individuals and that alone would have made interesting story to see how they coped in thier marriage and with their children without bringing in Ryan, GB, Liza, Dixie, Beese but the writers didn't have the ability to do that plus they had to give King Ryan a story and, let's face it, he needed Zen.
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

It is hard to swallow when you think about what could have been done - I have a real problem with the way ABC has treated TK and a lot of the others - They gave their all and did not get the same from ABC - I think there are way more people out there who feel the same way we do than we have realized - Peggy

nascar88

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #21 

I am looking for the clip where Kendall is wearing the Red Wing jersey under her trench coat......can anyone help me?  Thanks!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

nascar88 - Will try to find it - Peggy

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

nascarr88 - I think I am too dumb to find it - I can't remember what it was around the time of but it was really good - I am not much help - Sorry - Peggy

nascar88

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Thanks Peggy! I'll keep looking......

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar88

Thanks Peggy! I'll keep looking......

It was 09-07-07.

nascar88

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Thanks Christy!!!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

Christy - Thank you so much - Peggy

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

I agree with Alina, Toasty 2 and Peggy. I can't say that Zach and Kendall should not be back together, but only because HE would be so heart-broken without her, and I don't want that for him.   BUT I agree that SHE does not deserve to be with HIM. I have never been able to understand her obsession with that obnoxious Lavery jerk, especially after she managed to capture the heart and loyalty of a man like Zach Slater. Even at the peak of her "love" for Zach, she never ever put his feelings and needs first. She made no attempt to hide from him the fact that Ryasssssss' happiness came first and that her mind was constantly on that worthless toad. Add to that her habit of solving any personal loss or crisis by jumping the nearest male available, and it doesn't leave me much reason to forgive her for hurting Zach so often and so badly. I love Zach, I want him to have what he wants, but I don't trust Kendall to give it to him.  I will never forgive her even tho he does, or tries to. The most recent affair with Ryan was IMO the most unforgivable of all....just plain gut-wrenchingly CRUEL and I hate Pratt for forcing Alicia to play it and us to watch it. It seems that Zach can't win.....miserable without her, miserable with her.  Poor guy deserved SO MUCH BETTER.

NewsAnchorWife

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 

Actually I don’t agree that Kendall had been obsessed w/ Ryan all this time. Zen were divorced and she was free to stay w/ Ryan if she wanted but she didn’t. She ended her affair w/ him because he wasn’t the one who owned her heart…Zach did. She tried to move on but she couldn’t. Her dreams were of Zach, NOT Ryan so no I don’t believe she ‘always’ loved Ryan all this time; that was just Pratt trying to make a complicated situation even more soapy, if you ask me. Toasty is right; they didn’t need the constant outside interference. Zen really were the most tortured couple; I mean TIIC focused way too much on angst for Zen when that angst should have been spread around to other couples and not dumped on Zen every damn day but it was and it doesn’t help that we had one of the worst HW writing for them. Now that Pratt’s gone, I hear morale is better and the show wants to get back on track (so they say) but poor Zen/TK/AM getting stuck w/ that idiot writing for them (B&E weren't any better).

I really do hope if TK decides to stick w/ soaps, I’d love to see him on OLTL as either Patrick or Ian. Actually, I wouldn’t mind seeing Ian and Kelly together (since she’s returning next month). I love Marty too so I’d love that combination too. If TK were ever to return to AMC, of course I’d love Zen to stay together. They have a family together and yeah they hit some rough times but c’mon, what soap couple doesn’t? If he and Kendall split, he would lose Spike and he loves that little guy. The only other person I wouldn’t mind seeing Zach with would be Liza. I actually thought they complemented each other really well and he wouldn’t have to put up w/ Ryan. If Zach were ever paired w/ Annie or Greenlee, those girls are the ones who are obsessed w/ Ryan! Well, maybe not Annie anymore but Greenlee definitely! She’s the one who’s dreaming of the monkey, not Kendall! Susan Lucci even said she believes Ryan and Greenlee are soul mates and I don’t want Zach involved in that mess.

My ultimate dream though, would be TK joining the cast of Grey’s Anatomy, ooh-la-la! Seeing TK and Eric Dane in the same room together, oh yeah! Honestly, TK is too good for daytime…I think he’d do very well in primetime and hope he gets a shot because he’d be awesome!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 

Would love to see TK on primetime - He is way too good for AMC and has been for a long time - He needs the time to decide what he would be happy doing - He needs time with Susan, McKenna, and Marlowe - I think that TK and Susan have really had a tough schedule and they need their family time - We are all so anxious but we don't come first - TK, Susan, McKenna, and Marlowe come first - Peggy

NewsAnchorWife

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Peggy, you're absolutely right. He deserves this time w/ his family and I applaud him for not moving w/ that disaster of a show out here to LA. I started watching AMC because I was flipping the channels and stumbled across this hunky of a man convincing a beautiful brunette to marry him for business. I was hooked immediately and couldn't wait to see what would happen w/ the two of them. I only watched for them and now that they're gone, the show SUCKS big time! AMC is off my DVR and I was glad to take it off. TK is way too good for that show and I hope he takes all the time he needs to spend w/ his family and when he's ready, I know he'll be amazing at whatever he puts his mind to. 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.