Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Greekamou

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
My favorite all time fictional couple: Patrick & Margaret. I love them partly because of the storyline that brought them together in the first place...but mostly because Thorsten and Susan are the most talented actors anywhere, end of discussion! It seems to me that now would be the perfect time to reunite them on OLTL, as neither character is currently in a healthy relationship. I can't imagine a more poignant moment in Daytime history than Patrick announcing that the "Bad Guys" in Ireland are no longer a threat to the family, and he's back to "Take Care Of Business" (Todd, Cole's emotional/legal issues, rekindling the flames with Marty... which includes "Brown Penny"...and a full return of her memories). I'm literally tearing up thinking of all the delicious possibilities!
A girl can only dream!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi and welcome to the board.

Sorry, but as much as I love me some Patrick (and I really do), there is NO WAY I am ready to give up Zach Slater.

I will NEVER figure out why the man simply can not play both roles at the same time!!  LOL!!

June
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

That sounds wonderful - There is just not enough of him to go around - I get that - He and Susan are wonderful together - If we can't have him there maybe we could have her here at AMC - Just keep wishing - Peggy

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Hey - There you go - Both parts at the same time with time out for the Red Wing Games - We really expect a lot from them - They do a wonderful job now which cannot be easy but know what you mean. Peggy

Greekamou

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Do you guys really like "Zendall"? I think it's about time the writers gave Zach some "Ka-jungs". What kind of a future is there with a wife that needs to sleep with someone else every time there's a "death"! Personally I thought there was real chemistry between Zach and Dixie. I think AMC missed a great possibility. If TK stays on AMC I think they need to bring in a new character as a love interest for him. I don't think I could bare to see him with Susan, unless it was on OLTL!

This is fun!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi and welcome.   Personally, I think they need to find Zach the classiest woman alive.   Time for Kendell to hit the road and don't come back no more, no more, no more.  

Have Fun!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
I want Patrick back, too! But I don't want him back on OLTL because I don't trust that show to do him justice (of course, I'd still gladly take him on OLTL if I could get him!).

I want Patrick and Marty (and Cole, if I must), and Ian and Lucy and Danny, on a new series called Thornhart. It would be a family drama exploring Patrick's awkward return to his wife and son who believed him dead, and his struggle to find his place back in society in general, after being forced to go undercover in an anti-terrorism effort.

Meanwhile Ian would have little time to sympathize with his brother as he would still be seeking a cure for vampirism while doctoring patients.

Yup, a girl can dream....

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

KATHY,,,,,,LOL. and that is why you should write soaps, i would watch that it has all MY FAVORITES IN IT.......JMO

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
I want Patrick back, too! But I don't want him back on OLTL because I don't trust that show to do him justice (of course, I'd still gladly take him on OLTL if I could get him!).

I want Patrick and Marty (and Cole, if I must), and Ian and Lucy and Danny, on a new series called Thornhart. It would be a family drama exploring Patrick's awkward return to his wife and son who believed him dead, and his struggle to find his place back in society in general, after being forced to go undercover in an anti-terrorism effort.

Meanwhile Ian would have little time to sympathize with his brother as he would still be seeking a cure for vampirism while doctoring patients.

Yup, a girl can dream....

Kathy, I love the way you think!  It's so good to have you back on the board!  We've missed you!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Hey Kathy...I'm diggin it! I'd still love Todd to be on "Thornhart" 'tho. Certainly he wouldn't be missed in Llanview! Then Starr would have two reasons to change neighborhoods! Could you just imagine Todd's face if he was getting into a heated arguement with the wrong brother, thinking it was Patrick...and out come the fangs!!!! Nummy!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greekamou
Hey Kathy...I'm diggin it! I'd still love Todd to be on "Thornhart" 'tho. Certainly he wouldn't be missed in Llanview! Then Starr would have two reasons to change neighborhoods! Could you just imagine Todd's face if he was getting into a heated arguement with the wrong brother, thinking it was Patrick...and out come the fangs!!!! Nummy!

LOL...Todd would be starring in the next OOPS I crapped my pants commercial.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

I Love Susan on OLTL.And lately they have mentioned Patrick,sooo want him back,but afraid to get my hopes up but this really seems like the best time to bring Patrick back.Marty is really gonna need him.So don't like her with John.Just wishing&hoping.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

I think Fronsie is keeping that from happening - He knows what would happen to the ratings - AMC is going to drop anyway with TK gone and OLTL would skyrocket and that would foil Fronsie's little plan - Fronsie pulled the strings for Pratt and then kicked him out to save himself - If TK goes to One Life they will have to cancel AMC because of what would happen - Peggy

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggy

I think Fronsie is keeping that from happening - He knows what would happen to the ratings - AMC is going to drop anyway with TK gone and OLTL would skyrocket and that would foil Fronsie's little plan - Fronsie pulled the strings for Pratt and then kicked him out to save himself - If TK goes to One Life they will have to cancel AMC because of what would happen - Peggy

I so agree with that.  Right on.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

I Love Susan on OLTL.And lately they have mentioned Patrick,sooo want him back,but afraid to get my hopes up but this really seems like the best time to bring Patrick back.Marty is really gonna need him.So don't like her with John.Just wishing&hoping.

I wish too Mary!  But I doubt that would ever happen.  Maybe a miracle will happen tho.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyLady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

I wish too Mary!  But I doubt that would ever happen.  Maybe a miracle will happen tho.

Donna, so hoping,miracles do happen sometimes.lol.I just think usually when they start mentioning characters names like they have Patrick thats a sign of them returning. Mel is coming back that is a character who was close to Patrick,don't know if he is back as a ghost or returning from the dead,lol,but this is a soap so Patrick could be alive.I hear Marty has a big storline coming up and that could be Patrick is alive,i am just getting too excited thinking P&M back together again.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

I really hope you are right Mary - Read recently that Frons is committed to keeping all three soaps going - Maybe he has been told that he is committed to doing that because his job is on the line - That would sure be good news - Peggy

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:

I really hope you are right Mary - Read recently that Frons is committed to keeping all three soaps going - Maybe he has been told that he is committed to doing that because his job is on the line - That would sure be good news - Peggy

SO HOPING,Peggy. I read that too.As long OLTL stays on the air as that's the only one i watch,well,that and AMC till TK leaves.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Oh please, please give me back my Patrick & Marty. I will never ask for another thing from the soap gods if they give this to me. If I can get Patrick back I won't even complain and whine anymore for my GH Jason &Robin reunion, I promise.
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Rhaya - Sure do hope that will happen and if ABC has any sense at all that is what will happen - Peggy

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #21 
I had a dream last night, that after Zach turned around and said "Good bye," the episode of One Life to Live that followed it ended with a figure walking down the road in the misty night.  Seen from behind, the man had broad shoulders under a heavy coat, and had longish russet-brown curly hair.  A simple hoop glittered in his left ear.  He was walking as if at the end of a long, long journey....

I can't tell you how vivid the dream was!  Whether it was wishful thinking or prophetic - who knows?

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
You know, I used to be against Patrick coming back, because I didn't have faith in any soap writers, and didn't think they would do justice to Patrick's story and why he stayed away (remember how much we all hated Jesse's back-from-the-dead explanation?).  BUT, when I really think about it, if TK can so masterfully play out Zach Slater with some of the worst writing AMC ever did, and make us believe in Zach and his decisions and his actions and his feelings, I am ready to put my faith in Patrick's return. 
So, I would like to think your dream was prophetic, not just wishful thinking

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
While I adore Patrick and would givey ANYTHING to have him back . . . I am still holding out hope that by some miracle, AMC will make it possible for TK to be with his family and do some filming.  I just am so drawn to Zach Slater.

But you know what??  I'll take TK in any role he plays!!

June

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

June, I too would prefer to watch Zach's story continue, since it is current, and we have been watching him for 5 1/2 years.  But, even if TIIC decide to move back to NYC in a few months and ask Mr. Kaye to come back, we don't know whether HE would want to do it.  May be he wants to move on to something new?  Who knows?  But yes, I will watch him in any role he plays! Any show, any role, any screen!

Eleanor

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
I had a dream last night, that after Zach turned around and said "Good bye," the episode of One Life to Live that followed it ended with a figure walking down the road in the misty night.  Seen from behind, the man had broad shoulders under a heavy coat, and had longish russet-brown curly hair.  A simple hoop glittered in his left ear.  He was walking as if at the end of a long, long journey....

I can't tell you how vivid the dream was!  Whether it was wishful thinking or prophetic - who knows?

WOW Gina! Wouldn't that be awesome!  I would love to see Patrick again!'' 

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:

Gina, from your lips to God's ear! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

Quote:

Oh Gina!  Be still my heart.  I can so visualize it...the broad shoulders, longish russet-brown curly hair and the simple hoop in his left ear!  Sigh, the visual made me tingle all the way down to my toes, LOL.  Personally, I'm hoping you are a prophet.  What I'd give to see that journey!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

DonnaK

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally quoted by Gina

"Oh blessed, blessed night, I was afeared that being in night all this was but a dream, too flattering sweet to be substantial."
Gina, oh Gina!  Can you share your dreams with me tonight???   If that's not possible and you have the same dream again, please be sure to look around.  You'll probably see all the devoted ladies on this message board lining that road in the misty night holding giant flashlights so the man with the broad shoulders and longish curly hair doesn't have any chance of losing his way!
I'll be the one holding the biggest light!

I'll repeat Anne's statement: "Gina, from your lips to God's ear!"

Donna

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

What a beautiful picture. I can see it in my mind. Thanks for sharing.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 

Gina - That is a wonderful dream and I am going to get my flashlight too - Did you think the scene with Zach and Kendall meeting and playing the card game had anything to do with the future and Patrick? - Just wondering - Peggy

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

Hey Gina - Would you please let us know what you dream tonight?  You are our best hope so far.  Thanks. Peggy

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:

Hey Gina - Would you please let us know what you dream tonight?  You are our best hope so far.  Thanks. Peggy

All I can tell you guys is that sometimes my dreams come true, and sometimes they don't.  I had a dream about TK's first scene on AMC (before he even told us he was going to be on it) but it was with the Green thing, of all people.  So, while him being on AMC turned out to be true, the scene wasn't close to what was aired.  Although, come to think of it.... 

Holy crap. 

I dreamed that TK's character was laying on the ground in the woods, half-covered in leaves.  And Greenlee stumbled over him.

Uh...... (cue the Twilight Zone music)

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Well Gina, I posted earlier telling you that I hope your dream was a premonition, but I guess, once again, I forgot to hit submit!!  LOL!!

But after reading of your dream about Greenlee falling over Zach in the woods . . . ummmm, yeah, HOLY CRAP!!  Now I actually have hope!!

June

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:

I dreamed that TK's character was laying on the ground in the woods, half-covered in leaves.  And Greenlee stumbled over him.

Uh...... (cue the Twilight Zone music)

Hey, I'm watching the TZ right now!

Do-do-do-do...

And I remember when you had that dream, and I also remember other dreams you've had that came true, so who knows? Zach got his (relatively) happy ending. Now it's Patrick's turn, dammit. :::: Starts visualizing ::::

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 

Gina - That is really something  - Was the Greenlee Sabine? - Just thought of that because in the scene it was Sabine - I really hope that this dream you had comes true if TK would want it too - Peggy

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Peggy, you touched on the BIG question.  What does Thorsten really want? I know what I want, which is TK on my screen for the rest of my life, but that might not be what would make HIM happy. and his happiness trumps everything else. I don't want him to have to be-bop between coasts to be with his family. I don't want him to uproot his family if they aren't ready to do that. I don't want him to continue in a job that he has grown unhappy with, if that is the case here. I don't want to interfere with any big plans he might have to write or rest or whatever he has on his wish-list. I do wish he would tell us what to expect.   Of course, if he is still in a negotiation period with AMC or any other prospective employer, he can not at this time afford to let us in on it until the deal is sealed, and I understand that. But the suspense is killing me. Sure wish I could get inside his head. I am assuming that any thoughts or plans  that he does release will be printed on this board. I am hoping that Gina, Christy, and Kathy have an "in" that the rest of us don't.    

Waiting is tough! 
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Hi pah - Know just what you mean - His being happy and the Family are what is really important here - Sure don't want him to sacrifice any of that for us - Am sure that he appreciates our concern - I am not really patient either and I know I have had a short fuse at times here - I just worry if ABC really knows how good they have had it  - Christy, Kathy, and Gina are sure to keep us informed - Peggy

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:

Gina - That is really something  - Was the Greenlee Sabine? - Just thought of that because in the scene it was Sabine - I really hope that this dream you had comes true if TK would want it too - Peggy

Dreams are strange. I just knew it was Greenlee, the way you "know" things in a dream, I don't even recall if I saw her face.  She was surprised to find him.  I knew it was TK's character on the ground, too, without know his name or even how I knew it was him.

It's weird because I didn't know how to interpret what I saw.  I saw Greenlee stumble over him while running in the woods - I assumed she was out for a jog, why else would Greenlee Smythe Dupree ever be out running in the woods?  And why would he be laying on the ground?  Maybe he's homeless?  Couldn't figure out the "whys" and "wherefores" but I got the "what's" right.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 

I'm hoping that whatever Thorsten wants, Thorsten gets but from the OLTL side of things, I think they desperately need him back as Patrick.   The ratings OLTL posted for the week of December 21 were abysmal (1.7) and at the bottom of the barrel so they better start sweeping Thorsten off his feet real quick if they want to have a chance at surviving as the last NY based soap on the air. 

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 

Thanks for confirming my fears about the ratings, Alina.  OLTL has been SO bad lately, what with the over-exposed Natalie/Stacy/Rex/Roxy and the likes.  Worse yet, now they have TWO monsters on the show: Mitch and Toad, UGH!  I had to chuckle when Dani said in today's episode that when she was standing in front of Toad (to shoot him), all she wanted to do was puke!  MSE!!!!!!!!!  If Patrick returns, he/his story will hopefully be the new focus of the show.  And we all will do our share to bring the ratings up, won't we? 

jennifer

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #41 

Quote:

And why would he be laying on the ground?  Maybe he's homeless?  Couldn't figure out the "whys" and "wherefores" but I got the "what's" right.

OK - I'm the queen of been there done that, but Thorsten can repeat about anything and make it new again.  How about Patrick was captured/killed (or so Margaret thought) by the Men of 21 (I repeat, yes, been there done that!), but he isn't really dead.  Yeah, far fetched isn't it for a character to return from the dead.  Anyway, he has amnesia and Patrick and Margaret have to start all over again.  Perhaps he does have a few memories of poems here and there in his mind . . . .

Gina - keep dreaming!!!!!!!!

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Thanks for confirming my fears about the ratings, Alina.  OLTL has been SO bad lately, what with the over-exposed Natalie/Stacy/Rex/Roxy and the likes.  Worse yet, now they have TWO monsters on the show: Mitch and Toad, UGH!  I had to chuckle when Dani said in today's episode that when she was standing in front of Toad (to shoot him), all she wanted to do was puke!  MSE!!!!!!!!!  If Patrick returns, he/his story will hopefully be the new focus of the show.  And we all will do our share to bring the ratings up, won't we? 

Now i am really worried OLTL will be cancelled.SO hope Patrick returns.I love OLTL,yes,too much Natalie/StacyRex/Mitch.But not for long as Stacy&Mitch are leaving the show.So wish Toad&Blair would leave too.I don't like they brought Dani on as i loved Destiny&Mathew but that's ruined now because of Dani.I also Love Greg&Rachel but they are hardly ever on.Love Bo&Nora too.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 

Aw Mel Hayes is back today on OLTL.As a ghost.lol.Wish he was back to stay. LOVING his scenes with Dorian.LOVED Patrick&Mel's friendship.If OLTL doesn't want to get cancelled which i so think may happen they need to get TK back soon.SO Pray that happens.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 

I would love to see that too Mary - I really would - Peggy

amcwatcher59

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #45 
I was thinking a while ago and I have renewed my interest in this possibility.  We know that Alex Jr. was assumed dead and that at some point in the future he became Zach Slater right?

What if during the period between his car crash and Zach Slater.........Alex Jr. was Patrick????

So, Zach and Kendall could end up in Landview....Marty is haunted by Zach because he looks, feels, smells, moves like Patrick.   Zach could get involved with Cole and Hope and the audience could enjoy the connection.  Zach would have a chance to re-do the whole denying Ethan thing when he claims Cole (finally) as his son when all is revealed.  Finally AM could play a crossover and when it is revealed that Zach is actually Alex Jr. and he was for a time Patrick Thornhart.....Kendall could return to Pine Valley or stay and fight for her husband.   It could really work.
Greekamou

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #46 

Please tell me the timing is now perfect, and soon Patrick will TCB. Marty & John...yuk, Natalie can have him. Blaire as a road bump...hmmm. And Cole & Starr could sure use a real role model, not to mention someone who could stand up to Mitch and the new 'Commish.  PLEASE!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #47 
So missing TK on my T.V and cannot make up my mind as to who I would want him to portray, if he where to return to OLTL. Patrick or Ian, perhaps both is the answer? TK certainly has the skill and talent for it.

What do think to this idea?

Ian Thornhart having gone through some very life changing ordeals (cure-ring himself of Vampirisum) and wants to re-unite with his brother Patrick. (Brothers have been estranged for many years) It's a while before Ian learns that Patrick was shot in Ireland and presumed dead. (there was no body found, was there?) In an effort to find out how his brother became a target of the now debunked Men of 21, Ian moves to Llanview where he gets a job at the Hospital and seeks out Margaret (Marty) from her he learns that he has a Nephew 'Cole' His only blood relative (May come in handy if his Vampirisum were to ever return!!! or if Cole needs a kidney or bone marrow transplant - def scope for story lines)

Patrick Thornhart having been shot, presumed dead (but of course he is not dead!) suffering from severe memory loss, (from shot to the head) relies on survival instincts and goes into hiding, not knowing his true name. His only memory is of Margaret (Marty) ;but to Patrick (now calling himself Kayne Patrick - just an idea) knows this image only as his 'Angel'.
He found work as a stable hand, his natural talent with the horses (natural talent passed on from his late father) helped to provide a secure life. Over the years some memories returned and he found writing them down gave way to another natural ability. (ie the writing and reading of poetry). Also over the years Patrick had slowly become a wealthy Horse trainer and now owned a small stable and several horses. On a stormy afternoon he finds himself reading 'Brown Penny' by Byron. to calm the horses. He is hit by the words so deeply that all of his past memories flood in. (the Swan at Innish Creg, Margaret - his angel, Cole - his son and the men of 21) After some careful searching Patrick learns that he no longer need fear the Men of 21 and makes his way back to Llanview.

Now Patrick could return to Llanview 6 months after Ian, or after Ian has had plenty of time to get cosy with Marty. 

Perhaps someone else could put this into better words!!
ALL I WANT IS TK BACK.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 
ALL I WANT IS TK BACK.
Mandy, I am totally with you in that.  Although I prefer that ZACH moves to Llanview when Kendall decides to return to PV, so that we continue with Zach's story (six years was a long run. and yet, there is so much that is untold), I would happily take Patrick, Ian, the guy next door, ANYONE that TK decides to play.  But while we can certainly hope and wish and pray and dream and fantasize about TK going to OLTL, the million dollar question that I keep asking and that no one has answered yet is, does TK WANT to be on OLTL in any capacity?  Many actors prefer not to be working on the same show as the spouse (even non-actors usually prefer not working in the same workplace as the spouse), so if that's the case with TK and Susan, I would give up on that idea.

ETA:  Please don't get me wrong.  I would be deliriously happy if TK decides to come back to daytime, so the selfish little me can watch him on an almost daily basis.  I don't even want to write how much I miss that, because I don't want to start crying again.  But honestly, I ONLY want for him what makes HIM happy!

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #49 
searose, I totally understand where you are coming from with spouse's working together, it's not that easy.

Like you I truly only wish for TK to be HAPPY, with whatever he decides to do or what role he undertakes.

We all miss him. Let's hope we hear something soon...

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #50 
It sure isn't getting any easier :-( 

I just want TK back in whatever role...whatever medium makes him the happiest.  I miss him, so, so, so much!!!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.