Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 

In this scene (not sure when it aired), Zach tells Maria about Ethan's mother, and I believe this is all we know about her. I'm posting this as a corollary to today's show.

Hannah Nichols [Size: 9.48MB]

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

In this scene (not sure when it aired), Zach tells Maria about Ethan's mother, and I believe this is all we know about her. I'm posting this as a corollary to today's show.

Hannah Nichols [Size: 9.48MB]

Every time I see this scene I have the same question...why does Eatdirt revere Hannah yet revile Zach when they both denied him to protect him???  And what Hannah did was worse, because she always knew Eatdirt existed - Zach didn't find out until he was grown!

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Thank you Kathy, it was nice to see that again.

I really believe they are resolving the Ethan issue to pave the way for Zach becoming a father again. Of course I would love (and still hope for) a Zach/Kendall baby, I think it may be him & Kendall raising whoevers baby Kendall is carrying. In any case he will be such an awesome father!!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Hannah Nichols [Size: 9.48MB]

Thank you for posting that scene. I missed it originally and had always wondered the story with Hannah.

Rosanna

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Christy, I never gave that a second thought.  But, yeah, why?  Why is Zach persecuted for denying Ethan, but not Hannah?  Maybe because Hannah eventually told Ethan about his parentage in a letter and, Zach, having more opportunities, hid the facts knowing that Ethan was searching for answers.

Ann that is a good observation that they are paving the way for Zach to be a father (with Kendall?).  I was thinking that same thing when I watched the video in another thread.  Zach needs to resolve that conflict with Ethan to be able to move ahead and raise a child without guilt (even though he didn't know Ethan existed).

Anne

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy

Every time I see this scene I have the same question...why does Eatdirt revere Hannah yet revile Zach when they both denied him to protect him???  And what Hannah did was worse, because she always knew Eatdirt existed - Zach didn't find out until he was grown!

I've always wondered that, too.  He can forgive her but not Zach?  She willingly walked away from him.  Zach never knew he existed.  The two actions are far different.  Ethan never allowed for Zach's shock at learning he had a son; that would throw anyone for a loop. 

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

I have just been watching this again.  Obviously Zach had no romantic feelings for Hannah back then.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
This scene clearly shows that Zach had no real emotional commitment to Hannah other than a brief summer romance of two lonely teenagers. Even when he discovered that Ethan existed he tried to find her, but having failed to do so, he just went on with his life with no emotional looking back.

Since both parents gave up their child to protect him in different ways, it is rather strange that Ethan's hate was primarily directed at Zach not Hannah.  She gave him up knowing that he existed, while Zach had no knowledge of his existence. There is a hole in this part of the story, which I hope the writers will address. My feeling is that Hannah may not have given up Ethan at all or she at least kept in touch with him during his lifetime and thus Ethan did not resent her as much as Zach. However, if this turns out to be true, then Hannah will have been as guilty in denying Zach his son as Zach's father.

Thank you Kathy and Christy for this clip.  It gives the continuing story greater clarity, even though everything about Hannah is still very much up in the air.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.