Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
OKaye ladies, brace yourselves, I am baaaaaaaaaaaaack

A few items on Soapnet, in case some of you haven't visited the site, my comments in blue:

Watch Free All My Children and One Life to Live Episodes Online!

Great news! All My Children and One Life to Live episodes are now available on ABC.com's Full Episode Player! This means you can watch entire episodes of the shows totally and absolutely free online. The last five episodes of each show are online at any time, so that's 10 total hours of Pine Valley and Llanview goodness -- right at your fingertips. Episodes are posted at 4PM PT.

AMC and OLTL join General Hospital and The View in ABC.com's Full Episode Player, meaning the entire ABC Daytime line-up is now available. Cool, right?

To watch All My Children episodes online, go here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is great for those of us who are frequently out of the country and not able to watch American TV channels.  I always liked to keep up with what was going on in rest of PV, so that I had fewer (?) WTF moments during Zach scenes.  Too bad we didn't get this earlier, because I won't be watching AMC at all in just a few days from now
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writers Guild Recognizes Four Soaps

We are now in the thick of year-end awards season, and today, the Writers Guild of America (WGA) announced their nominations for the best of television. And along with your Mad Men and 30 Rock nominations, the WGA set a category aside for daytime serials.

So congratulations are in order for nominees All My Children, As the World Turns, One Life to Live, and The Young and the Restless. Among other things, this is a bit of good news for ATWT -- last year's champion -- in the wake of its cancellation announcement.

The daytime writing award will be handed out with the rest of the WGA awards on February 20th. Click to the next page to see the full list of nominated writers -- congratulations to them all!

Best Writing in a Daytime Serial

All My Children, Written by Jeff Beldner, Joanna Cohen, Kate Hall, Chip Hayes, Michelle Patrick, Charles Pratt, Jr., Rebecca Taylor, Tracey Thomson, Addie Walsh; ABC.

As the World Turns, Written by Peter Brash, Lisa Connor, Susan Dansby, Cheryl L. Davis, Leah Laiman, David A. Levinson, Leslie Nipkow, Jean Passanante, Gordon Rayfield, Courtney Simon; CBS.

One Life to Live, Written by Shelly Altman, Ron Carlivati, Anna Theresa Cascio, Aida Croal, Carolyn Culliton, Frederick Johnson, Elizabeth Page, Melissa Salmons, Katherine Schock, Chris Van Etten; ABC.

The Young and the Restless, Written by Amanda L. Beall, Tom Casiello, Lisa Connor, Janice Ferri Esser, Eric Freiwald, Jay Gibson, Scott Hamner, Marla Kanelos, Beth Milstein, Natalie Minardi Slater, Melissa Salmons, Linda Schreiber, James Stanley, Sandra Weintraub, Teresa Zimmerman; CBS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best Writing in a Daytime Serial.......Hmmmmmmm.............. they RECOGNIZE a soap which has had, how many writing teams in the last four years?  Especially so soon after the head writer, who is listed in this announcement, has been fired for bad writing?  Yeah, we know who is NOT going to win this one
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rebecca Budig Q&A
What made you want to come back?
The show's commitment to getting back to character ... when I left before, Greenlee was pretty much interchangeable with anyone on the canvas -- and the reason I love the character so much is because of who she is and where she has come from. I'm very excited to see her get her edge back!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since none of her answers had anything to do with Zach/Kendall/Slater boys, I figured nobody is interested in reading the rest, but I had to post this one.  The show's commitment to getting back to character???????????  WTF??????????  They will give Greens back her claws, what about all the characters they have ruined, completely destroyed, assassinated in the last couple of years???????????  Too late for them and for me!
ETA:  She did say something about wanting to take back "her company", but since Slaters won't be around, I assume it has to do with taking Fusion away from Ryerica.

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Is Rebecca Budig worth this mess? - Not in a million years - The previews have started and it is not as bad as last time yet - The move was really about dumping good people and getting Rebecca back - What a waste - Fronsie sacrificed Pratt to save his own skin as they were in this together - Hope all the people who jumped on the bus because they were so thrilled to go are pleased because the fans are not in the least pleased - Peggy

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.