Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Chleatoast

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

This is a little story I wrote a year ago about what could have happened with Quinn and Ridge. I hope you will appreciate it [wink]. (Please, be indulgent with my English [smile])

Until destiny does its part

In the CEO office, Quinn was sketching some designs for the new collection. She was staring absentmindedly at the wall, biting her lip and holding a pencil in her hand. Her feet were dancing nervously in the air when the door suddenly opened. She turned her head and saw her son in law in the doorway, looking at her. He was wearing his usual classy suit, had cut his hair but as always, he had forgotten to comb them. She once laughed about it but actually, she had always thought it was kind of charming. In fact, she thought this man had a lot of charm. Even when they were arguing, she found something attractive about him. Maybe it was his condescending attitude or his forever gentlemen manners, his sarcasm, his charming smile, or simply the way he looked at her; but she knew she found something appealing. When he noticed her glance, he shyly smiled, lowered his eyes, and greeted her before taking a seat at his office.

There were a strange vibe going on between them since that night in San Francisco. Eric had sent them for business but something more private and more personal happened there. Ridge, in a final attempt to disgrace her in the eyes of his father, had tried to get her drunk and abuse her. But she discovered it and a cat-fight started. Maybe it was the tequila talking, but she happened to open herself to the man who tried to dishonor her. And unexpectedly he listened to her and finally saw the real woman hiding behind all the hatred and suffering she had endured all her life. He had hold her, touched by her story and ashamed of what he could have done and then he'd kiss her passionately. Neither one of them knew what happened, but nothing was the same between them ever since. This awkwardness was reigning and their feelings were changing. But this situation was frightening the both of them because these "moments" kept happening. It even cost Ridge's marriage to the woman of his dream. Actually, Brooke caught them kissing on the beach in Australia the day before their wedding. They fortunately convinced her that it was the best for Eric to do not find out about the treason. She noticed that Ridge was drowning in his sorrow since then, even if he wasn't showing it. She had been there two days ago when he had been expecting Brooke to come over his place and marry him to find out that she'll never come and had married Spencer. She had looked at him, powerless and heartbroken. She had even seen tears in his eyes and had tried to comfort him. But that day had made her even more aware of what she could loose if Eric came to know the truth about them. Since then, she had tried to keep her distance from Ridge but as they were working at the same company, it wasn't that easy. But she was tired of dodging him and trying to inhibit her feelings for him.

Yes, she had feelings for him and she had told him in Australia. She had told him that she will forever be grateful to have fallen in love twice in her life. The two men she was talking about were of course her husband, Eric, but she also meant Ridge. This man she discovered a month ago, who wasn’t that awful after all and happened to have a heart and actually care about her.

After only ten minutes, the tension was too unbearable. She was sweating and constantly thinking about him. She, then, decided to take a break and to go to the roof. She stayed there for a while, and when she came back at the office, Ridge wasn’t there anymore. She wondered why he wasn’t working. Knowing that he was hardworking and wouldn’t leave the office so early she began to get concerned. She walked to the door.

“ Pam, is Ridge gone?” she asked.

“Yes, which is strange. Brooke came by and a few minutes later he stormed out the office telling me that he wouldn’t come back at the office today. He seemed pretty distracted and had a beaten look on his face though. It doesn’t look like him” she told her.

“I’m a bit concern Pam. Any ideas where he could have gone?” she inquired.

“I assume he went to the guest house. I mean, he seemed quite tired. I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about,” she positively answered.

“Well, I prefer to check him out, to be sure. Moreover I’ve forgotten some sketches. I’ll stop by the mansion and make sure everything is in order. Thank you Pam, and if Eric passes by, can you tell him I’ll be back soon?” she added.

“Of course, Quinn, I’ll let him know. Before you go, a lemon-bar?” she suggested.

“No thanks, maybe later. See you.”

She left the building, wondering if it was Brooke the actual reason of Ridge’s departure. After all, seeing his once and future wife with Bill’s ring must have been a shock to him. She took her car and drove to her place as quickly as she could. When she finally arrived, she saw Ridge’s car parked. She entered in the empty living-room. She put her keys on the furniture, located her sketches and headed to the guest-house. She followed the path and when she reached the door, she knocked. But she heard no answer.

“Ridge it’s me, Quinn, open the door!” she tried again.

“Go away!” a husky voice grunted

“No I won’t! Please let me be here for you. Open the damn door Ridge!” she urged him.

She leaned on the doorway, steady, waiting for a movement. Suddenly, the handle turned and the door half-opened. She pushed it carefully and entered the room. The bedroom was clean and the bed tidy, like if no-one was living there. The room was in the dark. She went to the next window and opened the curtain. She heard a snarl and so continued what she was doing. Once she had opened all the windows, she found Ridge frowning, disturbed by the bright light, a glass of tequila in his hand and the bottle by his side, half empty.

“Cheers!” he grunted.

He raised his full glass and drank it down in one go. He then tried to stand up and staggered. She caught him and he immediately pushed her away.

“I don’t want your help or your pity, woman,” he informed her with a smirk.

“All right, fall and hit your head, I won’t help you if that’s what you want. But I won’t let you alone tonight,” she told him.

“If that’s so, I’ll get you a glass,” he exclaimed.

He headed toward a wooden furniture and took a glass. He put it on the table, served some tequila in it and handed it to her. She took it, with no conviction and sat by his side. He was certainly brooding and the woman in his thoughts was obviously the beautiful blond. He tried to reach the bottle but Quinn stopped him. In her attempt, she spilled his glass all over his shirt.

He grumbled while he moved away. The liquid had spread all over him and Quinn stayed a few seconds speechless. She then reached a terry towel and moved forward to him. She automatically tried to wipe the tequila off his shirt until he grabbed her hand. She felt his strong hand closed on hers. She was standing so close to him that she could hear him breath and smell the alcohol in his breath. She also smelt the slightly trace of cologne he was wearing. This scent was very masculine and intense. She closed her eyes to enjoy the fragrance and his manly presence. She opened them and looked right in his hazel eyes. She saw passion and desire through them. She took fright and stepped away from his firm grip.

“I’ll...” he stammered, “I’ll take a shower, it’s okay.”

He looked at her a last time and then turned away and headed to the bathroom.

She sighed softly and relaxed her body. She almost lost it, and she was aware of that. She thought about Eric and his love. And then the image of his handsome brooding son appeared in her mind. She recalled his strong perfume and his firm grip, the sensation of his torso against her hand. She couldn’t get those images out of her head. She kept thinking about it until the water turned off. Ridge appeared on the doorway, a towel tight around his waist. She looked at his strong arms and his tan chest. All she was thinking was that he was very attractive. His wet hair was dripping on his face and he was wearing a large smile. They stared at each other for a few seconds that seemed to her like eternity.

“Can you hand me this shirt?” he inquired gently.

She turned around and saw a gray shirt on the back of a chair. She grabbed it and offered it to him. He softly put his hand on hers, took it, and suddenly, he leaned toward her and kissed her. Her lips locked on his. He was searching her mouth, his hands on her hips. She hesitated first, but then, she gave in to him entirely. She forgot the world around her and didn’t care about anyone else except Ridge. She put her arms around his neck as they kissed passionately. He took her to the bed where he laid her down. He looked at her and she felt his warmth engulf her. He leaned again and laid over her, kissing her in the neck. He started to undo her blouse. She wore it off and then took off her bra. She ran her finger on his muscular body, sensing every muscle tense. He caressed her breast and bit her ear. She passed her fingers in his steam hair and kissed him again.

They made love there, in the guest-house, just a few meters from Eric, her husband and his father. The fact that it was a sin, that it was forbidden made it more passionate and more intense.

When she opened her eyes, she didn't realized she wasn't in her bed. She felt the arms of a man around her holding her tight. She turned around, thinking this man was Eric. She started caressing his arm and when she looked at his face, she recognized the scar on his left cheek. She pulled away, realizing it was Ridge. She sat and put her head in her hands, and then all the memories of the night came back to her. She recalled the strength of Ridge's body against hers, his breath running down her neck, his hands touching her and him pulling...

Ridge turned in the bed, pulling Quin out of her thoughts. She watched him, lying in the bed, the sheets barely covering his bare chest. His face looked peaceful, his eyes closed and he was wearing a mere smile on his face. He was breathing in and out so peacefully, as if nothing else mattered in the world. She enjoyed watching him. But then she tensed at the thought of Eric. She jumped out of the bed, took her clothes and got dressed. She tripped on the table and a plate fell off, causing a big noise. Ridge woke up and straightened up. When he saw her, standing there, he managed to utter her name and she left the guest-house as quickly as she could, letting Ridge gaped in in the bed.

When she reached the main house, the sun hadn't risen yet. She walked as silently as she could up stairs and went into her room where Eric was profoundly sleeping. She headed over the bathroom. There, she took a bath, to shower off what she just did. Under the hot water, she remembered how handsome Ridge stood in the door frame, looking so fiercely to her. She recalled his smell and touch. She tried to understand what happened to her. What was going on with her? She had a husband, a good life, a place to stay, food and even comfort. She gasped when she realized the reason of her actions. She couldn't form the world with her lips. Then she whispered to herself.

"I'm in love with Ridge..."

Bookworm

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
That was a terrific short story.
Thanks for posting it.
It made me go back to watch the scenes with Ridge and Quinn in the guesthouse and you certainly nailed the mood and then ran with it.

Part 2 to come I hope........[clap][yippee]

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Bookworm, your words mean a lot!
I'm actually working on a part 2, but I don't know if it will come good... But I'm glad you liked it, I'll do my best to finish it [comp]
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Looking forward to part two...I think you write very well!
Chleatoast

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Looking forward to part two...I think you write very well!

Thank you Christy! ☺️
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Well done! [agree][agree][clap][clap]  The writers at B&B need your input !!

Ridge has so much charisma, sensuality and is the sexist lover on that show...it is a darn shame that

only Brooke gets to enjoy it!  

Chleatoast

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I'm sorry it took me that long, but here's part 2! (I wish Quidge could become true if his marriage to Brooke failed)

Part 2

Ridge sat down in his bed, put his head in his hands, trying to put his thoughts all together. He remembered Brooke coming to the office and seeing the ring at her finger. Bill's ring, the ugliest ring he had ever seen. It was as ridiculous as his stupid little sword necklace. Then, he recalled drinking, Quinn coming to see him, a spilled glass and taking a shower. He remembered loosing himself in Quinn's icy eyes, standing there, shirtless.

He touched the crinkled sheet where Quinn had been sleeping. It was still warm. He could feel her, smell her perfume. He closed his eyes and tried to get her out of his head. But he couldn't stop but think about how he felt when she was with him. He felt secure and at peace. Like if nothing else mattered.

Brooke had been for the most part of his adult life the woman he loved. The one with whom he shared a passion. A passion now gone, all he could feel when he saw her with that ring was disgust. Of course, he will always love her. After all she was the mother of his son, RJ. But this passion was not there anymore. Actually, it was still there, but now he felt it for another woman, Quinn.

He got out of bed, dressed up, and headed to the door. He knew what he had to do. Find Quinn.

Eric was sitting on a sofa in the living room when Quinn came down stairs.

"Hello, honey" he greeted her. "Where are you going? I thought it was a day off."

"It is, but I'm a bit behind my schedule. Don't expect me to come back 'till this evening. Love you!" she answered while walking towards the door.

Once she was out, she leaned on the door, weight by her guilt. She had lied about why she came so late last night, and lied again about her reason to go to work. Its wasn't because she had work to do, but because it was the last place she'll see Ridge since no-one was working today. She couldn't handle to face him right now. She had to escape and to take some time to think and clear her head.

When she arrived at the office, she was glad to find the place deserted. She took a sit on her stool and tried to work with some stones that will constitute her next piece of the collection. She finally got caught up by her thoughts whirling in her head. As much as she wanted Ridge, she couldn't betray this great man that accepted her for who she was and welcomed her into his family.

She was trying to convince herself that what she felt last night was just the heat of the moment created by her devilish streak and his own dark side when she sensed a presence in the room. She turned around, knowing she was about to face the one person she was trying to dodge all day.

"Hi, Ridge" she said, trying to appear relaxed and casual even though her hands were shaking. He shut the door and came in the middle of the room right in front of her. He seemed serious and nervous at the same time.

"Listen, I don't really know what to say, I don't have the right words, but I'll try anyway. Because I have to. I know you're married to my dad. And that's why it's so hard for me.", he tried to say. "I know I'm not the nicest person in the world, I'm arrogant and self-involved, and I'm very stubborn. but there's one thing I know. I don't remember everything from last night, but I do recall what I felt. And it is something I have to get out of my chest. If I want to be fair with everyone, it's something I got to tell you." He took a deep breath.

"I love you!", she shouted, before he could tell her first. He softly touched her hand and then kissed her. He caressed her cheek, nose to nose, savoring the moment. He finally felt whole again and alive. When he looked back at her, he found tears rolling down her cheeks instead of a big smile. Her big eyes were staring at him like her whole world came crushing down.

"But I can't, Ridge. I'm married to your dad" she said in a whisper. "We went too far. The situation is too complicated, there's no way we can live with ourselves after betraying Eric. At least I can't."

She headed to the door when his hand reached her wrist.

"After what happened in San Francisco, the things we told each other, things we never said to any one else, maybe it is meant to be. Maybe everything that happened led us to this exact moment. We need to claim our destiny."

He's eyes pierced through hers like daggers. She wanted so badly to believe what he said. But she had made her decision. She left without saying another word, leaving Ridge alone in the office.

Why did he have to fall in love with the wrong woman? The only one he couldn't have. Was he sick? Gathering what was left of his dignity, he left the building, a lump in his throat.

He took his car not knowing where he was heading. He just needed to clear his head and put some distance between him and LA.

Quinn arrived at her house, trying to convince herself that she did the right thing. God, he looked so sad. She hated herself for causing him pain. But a life with him wasn't possible. She repeated herself that until she reached the door. She opened it and found nobody. She went to the window to see if Eric was outside but didn't find anyone. She decided to go upstairs.

While climbing the stairs, she heard laughter coming from the bedroom. She walked as silently as she could and listened at the door.

"Eric, are you sure it's safe?", a woman's voice said.

"I'm sure. Quinn said she would come back late tonight. We have nothing to worry about."

Quinn suddenly opened the door. Eric was with Donna in bed, wearing nothing but sheets.

"How could you?" she muttered.

"Quinn! Wait!" He took his pants and followed her to the living-room. When she stopped and turned to face him, he tried to apologies.

"Listen, it's not what you think, I..."

"It's not what I think? My god Eric, you were in bed! How long have you been doing this behind my back?"

"Quinn I'm sorry"

"Oh, really. You're sorry for what? It seems to me your were having a nice time with Donna. Why don't you go back? Our marriage is over."

"No, wait! We can work this out..."

"I'm in love with Ridge!"

She said it. It was done. No more guilt. She felt so light, so alive. Saying these words out loud and not having to worry felt so good.

"What?" he said, dumbstruck.

"My lawyer will fill you in with the divorce papers. Goodbye Eric."

She left the room, free and happy. The only thing in her mind was Ridge. She had to find him. But where did he run to after she crushed his world?

She took her car, taking the road leaving town. After what she told him, he certainly had the need to leave everything behind him. And she had an idea of where he could have gone.

She was driving among the forest of Big Bear when she finally saw the cabin. A car was parked just beside. She was impatient to tell Ridge she had change her mind, that he was right and she was no longer afraid to take her chance with him. But when she opened the door, she discovered an empty place. She went to see the kitchen but it was the same thing.

But then she heard a creaking. There was something in the house, spying on her. A shiver run down her spine. She took a frying pan as a weapon and hid behind the open door. She heard footsteps coming closer and then stop. She came out of her hiding place ready to hit when she recognized Ridge with a hockey stick. She dropped the frying pan and jumped in his arms.

"Quinn! It's you, what are you doing here!"

"Wait, why were you hiding and holding a hockey stick?"

"Well, I thought you were a bear or something. I heard a noise and so I prepared for the worse."

"And the stick?"

"I love hockey. I always have a stick with me, and I thought it would do a great weapon."

They stared at each other and laughed.

"Don't make fun of me, you should have seen yourself holding that frying pan! Anyway, you didn't answer me, why are you here?", he said when they finally stopped laughing.

"I'm sorry for not believing you earlier and not having enough faith..."

"You don't need to apologize."

"I do, because when I came home, I found Eric and Donna together. They were having an affair for I don't know how long." He looked at her, surprised by what she was saying. She reached to his hands.

"I love you, Ridge. That's what I told Eric. I want a life with you."

He took her head in his hands and kissed her.

"I love you too"

Tears came rolling down her cheeks and he swiped them away with his skilled fingers.

"Let me show you."

He took her to the bedroom. He stopped and stared at her, admiring her body. He stepped forward and began to kiss her while undoing the back of her dress. He pushed away the hair in her neck and softly leaked the cavity of her neck. When her dress fell on the floor like liquid, she turned around and looked in his smoldering hazel eyes. She read desire and passion dancing in it. She beat her lip and unbuttoned his shirt. She caressed his strong chest and pushed him on the bed. He sat on his elbow, looking at her undoing her underwear in front of him. She joined him and he grabbed her by the neck, attracting her to his lips. He got rid of the last piece of clothing he had left and they made love on a beautiful Indian summer night.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Ooh, great (and very believable) twist!! I wish this would happen...
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I loved it...more,more please!

Chleatoast

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you Christy and bluegaze!
I wish they’ll continue what they were doing with Eric and Donna in order to free Quinn so that Quidge is possible again, once the baby swap story is over...
B&B needs to remember that we love the chore characters and not only the younger generation.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
The younger generation should take lessons from TK!!!! No one is sexier,charming,sensual than

Ridge!!!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.