Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Back in September, during the episode where Zach and Kendall were having their intense discussion at BJ's, there were several songs playing in the background. Kathy identified some songs by the group Ike, but there was a final song that played at the end of the episode we couldn't find. Several of us went looking for it... and I even contacted the shows and the magazines... but had given up hope of ever finding it.

This is the chorus, and it applies as much today as it did back on September 2:

"I'm unbounded by your love but you're keeping me outside. I'm unbounded by your love, but you're keeping me outside. So many things I want to say but your walls get in the way, I've gotta be strong, I've gotta dig deep, cause you're keeping me outside".

Well, last night a man by the name of Andrew Solomon posted on SoapZone looking for a clip of an episode that played a song he wrote... he had just found out that it was used. Hoping that it was the song I wanted, I answered him and gave him a link to "Ryan the Friendly Ghost" in the permanent video collection that Christy and Kathy maintain so beautifully. He replied that it was indeed the song and was very, very grateful for getting to see and hear it during the clip... and gave me a link to HIS website and a way to actually get the music.

I can't wait until my CD arrives so that I can hear the whole thing. The words that I could catch on the clip always made me think that whoever picked the music for that episode put a lot of thought into who Zach and Kendall were and what was going on with their characters... and it was so nice to actually "meet" the man who wrote and performed the song. His website contains clips of some of his other songs:

http://www.andrewsolomon.com/

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
luv_at_first_byte

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Thats great Cheri---I tried numerous numerous places in search of the title and artist thru the lyrics--to no avail, then I gave up.

I am going to check it out now. Thanks for posting this--it just drove me nuts when I couldn't find out any kind of info whatsoever.

Fil

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Thanks Cheri.  See great things come to those who wait.  Hopefully, we will get great things for Zach and Kendall we sure have waited long enough.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 

Wow -- that's amazing, Cheri! I remember the discussion on the old board about the three songs in those scenes, and how frustating it was not to be able to turn up any info on the third song, which was so perfect for Zach and Kendall. I'm so glad to know where it came from and that it's available.  to you and Mr. Solomon.

ETA: Link to the videos. Unbounded is at the end of the third one:

• "Ryan the Friendly Ghost" (A desperate Zach tries to convince Kendall that despite Lily's report of seeing him, Ryan is dead -- 09/01-02/05):

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Very cool, Cheri! When I read his post I could not believe that ABC was so unhelpful to him. I mean, who'd they contact to use his song in the first place and why was he never informed until now that his song was used?! (And in the biggest storyline with the two most popular characters, to boot!) Sometimes ABC's choice of music is perfect and sometimes it makes me cringe but this one was perfect.

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I really liked that song too, what I heard of it, and thought it really fit well with what was going on.  I also remember quite a few people on SEVERAL boards being interested in it and trying to find out what it was, hopefully now more people will get into Mr. Solomon's music. I can't wait for MY CD to arrive, either lol!

Kay

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Just a little update. I received my CD in the mail today, and I thought you might like the words to Unbounded, written by Andrew Solomon from his EP, Two.

Tonight I sit at home

Staring at the TV screen

Loneliness shows in different ways

And I'm trying to think about all the things you mean to me

So why do I lie here alone

Cause I'm unbounded by your love

But you're keeping me outside

There's so much I've overcome

So many things I want to say

But your walls get in the way

I've got to be strong, I've got to dig deep

You're keeping me outside

We try to wrap things up

So everything makes sense

Too many loose ends I can't seem to tie

So I'm coming clean and letting you know

There's a storm inside my head

This is me, I'm naked without disguise

Cause I'm unbounded by your love

There's so much we've overcome

We've got to be strong, we've got to dig deep

And you're getting away

These games we seem to play

Nobody wins and nobody caves

You ask what more can we give

We can start with love

Don't we need that to live

I'm unbounded by your love

There's so much we've overcome

We've got to be strong, we've got to dig deep

Keeping me outside

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
tkaddicted

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Cheri, you're so sweet to share these beautiful lyrics with us.  They are so wonderful, I wish I could hear the music that goes with them.  Perhaps I have no choice but to order the cd myself.  Tell that young man you deserve a commission on the cd's he's likely to sell as a result of your post.  Just kidding, thanks!

Thanks for the banner, Diva!
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Thank you Cheri, I may have to order my own CD.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Thanks, Cheri!  I think I'm going to order a copy of the cd as well.

Paul

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Hi Cheri I also heard unbounded by Andrew Solomon and could never find it to buy.Could you please tell me how I can buy the CD? Would be very grateful
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #12 
Paul -- check your PM's.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Thank you very much Kathy have eventually managed to do it!!! Now just need to find out how to buy his cd!!
Paul
swills1980

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Hi, I heard this song in a local store at the weekend and searched for it online which brought me to this forum. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can buy the CD with this song on?

Thanks in advance.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swills1980
Hi, I heard this song in a local store at the weekend and searched for it online which brought me to this forum. Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can buy the CD with this song on? Thanks in advance.

Hi -- the CD is no longer available, but I have permission to email you an mp3 of the song, so please click on my user name to email me.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Hi -- the CD is no longer available, but I have permission to email you an mp3 of the song, so please click on my user name to email me.

Hi Kath, thanks your help. I've sent you a PM.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.