Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
For anyone thinking of coming to the booksigning, don't miss Beth's (Sqrlb8) very thoughtful and generous offer in the booksigning thread.

Thank you, Beth.  I hope somebody will be able to take you up on it.

Site Meter

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Christy,

How wonderful of Beth to think of others.  I didn't know she had all this
stuff going on, bless her heart.  I hope the tickets go to  someone deserving.
Thank you Beth, you are a very special  person.

Take care,
Enis

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Wow, Beth!  That's so incredibly generous of you.  You'll have a special place in my prayers tonight for your selflessness.  I hope someone truly worthy of your generosity gets the tickets.  Bless.

Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
That is a wonderful thing!!
I'm still trying to justify the book signing after the cruise. lol The Irish pub sounds fun.
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Beth!!  Reading your post brought tears to my eyes!!  What an absolutely wonderful thing to do.

I'm sorry to hear about your leg and your long recovery, but not for anything . . . wouldn't this have been the perfect time for you to pick up "Choices??"  LOL!!

Take care and good luck with the rest of your recovery!!  Enjoy your time with your brothers!!

June
sqrlb8

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks everyone.  I hope someone will take me up on it too, Christy.  It's for a great cause and Thorsten is worth every dime.  Thanks to this board also for giving me the opportunity to participate!!

~Beth

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

You rock, Beth!  I knew about your accident & we were in touch when it first happened, but I really had no idea you were still recovering.  So sorry you had so much trouble.  I do hope you're on the mend now! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Beth, thanks so much for this generous offer!  I have been in touch with the second person you and I had talked about privately and will let you know when I hear from her.

This is a really gracious thing for you to do, and I hope you have the best birthday ever! 

Keep up the rehab, you can do it!  I am even contemplating going through the GBO departure thing solo (our airport is tiny and it's no big deal but I've never been able to walk the whole thing with my carryons.)  But I may give it a whirl, I'll still need help once I get to Newark but baby steps, right?

This is very sweet of you and thanks for, as I said in my email, changing my outlook without even knowing it! ((((((((Bethie)))))))))))

K

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Wow Beth! What an incredibly thoughtful and generous thing to do!! 

Sorry you won't be able to make the booksigning this year.

Good luck with your recovery! 

Thanks Fil!
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Beth, that is so thoughtful of you to give someone, who might not otherwise get the oppportunity to meet this fine man, such a generous gift.  I am so impressed by your kindness.  God...I love Thorsten's fans!

Best wishes on your contiinued recovery!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Thank you everyone for your kind words.   Just to let you know, I've had one reservation taken.  So that leaves one more for anyone else

~Beth

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Just wondering if both tickets have been taken. I know a HUGE fan...our newest member here who is unable to afford the ticket price but will be in NY at the time. Let me know.
She didn't know about the site here until I told her and is thrilled about it. Let me know! Thanks Jodi
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 
One admission has been spoken for but I'm not sure abut the other one. Jodi, maybe you could contact Beth directly (click on her screen name in her post above) for the current status (in case she doesn't see this post).

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Thanks Kathy I sent her a message too! Never thought of that. lol

sqrlb8

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Hi,

I replied to your PM.   Sorry it took me so long, I've been incredibly swamped at work.  I hate auditors.  Ugh.  Nosy busy bodies.  And they don't leave for another 2 weeks.  I swear their job is to convince me that 2 + 2 is 5.  Not on my watch it isn't. LOL  Kay was actually lucky to catch me on a break when she called to check on me last week.  She's always lucky!

Hope everyone has a wonderful time and gets lots of TK time and hugs. I miss him.  It seems like forever since I've talked to him.  Okay, it's been 13 months, but feels like forevah!  He was so generous with my parents when I brought them to NYC to meet him and I'll never forget that.

~Beth

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Hello everyone, im new here. my name is Cathi and ive been a TK fan since his OLTL days. this man has stolen my heart, i get flustered just thinking about him...... Good God i hope i get the chance to meet him. That would just make my miserable year worth living! if given the chance to go, you can find me, i'll be wearing the "I Heart Zach Slater Federation" t-shirt....this is a reference to a thread on the soapnet messageboard. this thread is over a year old and has 3900 posts, most of them are mine, but hey, what can i say....Im His Biggest Fan!

see ya later
cathi77

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Hi Cathi!    I'm very familiar with that thread- PS - a few of those are mine!  This is the place for you if you love TK!  I hope you make it to the BS.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 

gee alwaysonlyyou. i wish i knew your screen name over at that "other board" i think i may know who you are but wont post it here. im sure i will be in the area on the 25th. hope to meet all you lovely ladies there!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

Please, please...I want him to come to NW Florida.    Spread the word.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Cathi & Jodi,

Thanks for the head's up, Jodi!  You caught me at 7 in the morning. Lucky, as I'm getting ready for work.  Yes, I'm working on my day off. WTH?!  Auditors.  What can I say?

I just purchased Cathi's ticket.  Check your PM, Cathi!

I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

Big thanks to the mods of the board for allowing me to offer the two tickets. I'm very happy that I was taken up on it and there are two lucky people that get to see Thorsten and Tami.

Enjoy the trip ladies.

Kay ~~  I haven't forgotten about you, I promise!   Will be sending your package next week!  Will call you when it's on it's way.

~Beth

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Beth!!  How lucky are those two ladies??!!

What you have done is truly wonderul and I am sure TK greatly appreciates it.

June

Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Beth you are a saint! Cathi is so thrilled.
TK fans are the best!
Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
I think it would be cool for Beth if we got a pic of Ann and Cathi together for her! 
Beth I'm not worried ((((((((Bethie))))))))) and I'm so glad we could work it together to get Ann there, it'll be a blast rooming with her again, and her flight's all set.  She was so cute on the phone, "I'm really going!  I'm really going!  OMG I'm GOING!"  I have a feeling she and Pennie and I will get ZERO sleep lol!

K

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
cathi77

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Beth, id be honored to take a pic with anne. hopefully our TK will be in it too.

tis is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. may the Gods smile upon you Beth. cause they certaintly have smiled upon me!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #25 

I'm glad I could help, Cathi.  I'd love to have a picture of the two of you with Thorsten.

Let's not forget though, if it wasn't for Christy, Kathy & Gina organizing this event and allowing me to offer the tickets in the first place, it would never have happened.  They deserve all the thanks. Their kindness made all this possible.  A HUGE thank you goes out to each of them, especially Christy having to put up with my numerous "did you get that one, did you get this one, I think I did this wrong, never mind I figured it out" emails. She has the patience of a saint when she deals with me. LOL

Again, I hope you all have a wonderful and exciting time. I expect to see lots of pictures when everyone gets back!!

~Beth

P.S.  I hope everyone has a safe 4th of July.  I'm working, but I'll be catching some fireworks tonight for sure!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #26 
well my shirt arrived today! woowhoo, thank you Haifer!
she made me a

I Heart Zach Slater Federation

white t-shirt. i will be wearing it to the book signing!  so Anne, Froggie, just look for the shirt and you'll find me. I'd love to be able to sit together and possibly take a pic for Beth,of me ,anne and TK. wildlypoetic i'd love you at the table too, if it wasnt for you telling Beth about me, id be SOL this time around....

16 more days ladies! 16 more days!

woowhooo!!!!!!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.