Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Trust is an interesting word... Zach used it a lot today. Obviously, the writers are building their case for Zach's sense of betrayal when his wife's adultery with a man he calls friend is revealed. It is heavy handed and it is extremely hard to miss... but there is more to Zach's trust than just the revelation of the latest edition of Soap Opera 101.

Zach is not a man who trusts easily, but when he decides to trust someone he withholds nothing. He's a skeptic, a cynic, a man who does not trust the world -- and has no reason to considering the precious little happiness that it has ever given to him. But we have seen him trust more than once, and with little reason other than his own affection. We could almost say that Zach's willingness to trust is something to be celebrated -- that a man who has been the brunt of so much pain from the people that should have loved him best can STILL trust gives evidence of the tremendous heart that he has. He neither loves nor trusts easily, but when he loves or trusts he does it completely.

Who has he trusted since we've known him?

He's trusted Maria. She repaid that trust with a neverending game of "I want you, I want you not" that had my head spinning on a daily basis. In the end she preferred to believe the lies of Ethan over the truth of Zach because she found it easer to live in her own skin if Zach was the liar. In the end, she apologized for her betrayal and was forgiven. But their relationship was forever altered by her actions and choices, and suffered irreparable damage. The love remained, but it wasn't enough.

He trusted Bianca... and she repaid him by rejecting him in favor of Ethan and sending him a horrible letter, denying him access to the niece he loved dearly. In Bianca's case they have made amends and built a relationship -- but that relationship is built on friendship and their mutual relationship with Kendall. I have no belief in Bianca's willingness to continue a relationship with Zach if pressured not to by people she loves more.

He trusted Hannah... more out of misplaced guilt than anything actually earned. But he offered her all that he had to give, and then some. Despite her many betrayals, he forgave her in the end and showed her compassion. I have no doubt that he would have helped her, but I also have no doubt that there would have been no friendship between them beyond getting her the psychological help she required.

He trusted Dixie... largely because she reminded him of himself as well as being a woman who needed him and his help. She was outcast, she was estranged from her son, and once revealed she was reviled by almost everyone in town. In the end she betrayed him by her own neediness -- putting her desires above his and actively seeking to destroy his relationship with his wife. I think she did care for him, but she never accepted the limits Zach placed on the friendship, and her and her ex-husband's behavior nearly cost him his love and his life.

He trusted Ryan... because Ryan finally stopped interjecting himself between Zach and Kendall and accepted their relationship, and because both men were willing to put aside their differences for the best interests of Spike. But I believe that it was largely because Zach did so much FOR Ryan that he earned the right for Ryan to trust him. Finally, and probably despite his better judgment, Zach chose to extend his trust to Ryan because of his deep love for Kendall and Spike. Zach's actions and choices contributed to the situation, and his penance was to forever be tied to Ryan through Kendall and Spike... so Zach made the best of a bad situation, and extended conditional trust to a man who never deserved it. The reason that trust is no longer extended and was completely undeserved is playing out now as Ryan's amnesia has turned him into an obsessed stalker. I have no doubt that the MANY mentions by several different characters about how "Ryan would never hurt Kendall" are huge anvils indicating that it's exactly what he'll do given time and opportunity. This writing team does not know how to do subtle...

He trusts Myrtle... and she has honored that trust and love with the same. She is the one constant in his life, the late surrogate for the mother that was taken when he was far too young. But Myrtle's presence is limited, and he needs more people in his life who love him, trust him and accept him for who he is without judgment.

He trusts Josh... a man who has been known many times to betray a trust in favor of something he desires more. He is a man who has had no morals or scruples in his dealings with others. However, he has earned Zach's trust by his own steadfast behavior... and Zach is not going to judge Josh for being like a young Zach. They are both men who have always relied on a "the ends justify the means" mentality, and Josh has grown and matured into a man who deserves the trust Zach has placed in him. But as Kendall's loving brother will he remain that steadfast, loyal and true friend in the face of irreconcilable differences between Zach and his wife?

He trusts Annie... because they earned each other's trust. At first she did not trust Zach and at one point I wanted to throttle the woman for the way she treated Zach, but she has earned her redemption by the way she supported and cared for Zach after Ian's premature birth... by the way she has encouraged Emma to think of Zach as her uncle and Ian as another brother... and by the way she treats him with affection, respect and love. Once again, though, she is tied to a person who could expect her to withdraw her allegiance to Zach out of loyalty... and can she possibly continue as Zach's ally when she has to consider the best interests of her own daughter?

He trusts Aidan... with very little reason to do so, other than everyone's word that he was relentless in seeking Greenlee and persistent in helping Kendall. Considering that he accepted payment from Zach to keep Greenlee away from his family and ended up siding with Greenlee and actively working against Zach and his family, Zach's decision to trust Aidan is certainly a leap of faith. But in his gratitude for being rescued from the bomb shelter and his ability to be with the wife and children he adores, he is willing to overlook Aidan's extensive list of flaws and extend to him the trust that he believes has been earned.

He trusts Greenlee... because of the bond they shared in the bomb shelter. I don't believe that Zach has forgotten who Greenlee is, but he has a better understanding of her than anyone else. She may have spent time in a mine shaft and a cave before, but never shared the type of intimate moments with her rescuers as she did with Zach. That type of experience changes a person, and it changed Zach and Greenlee just as it changed the world above ground. Only time will tell if Greenlee will extend the same loyalty to Zach that he will for her... no one in Pine Valley is more loyal for less reason... and I will be merciless if Greenlee betrays their bond and Zach's trust, especially for the likes of Aidan or Ryan.

He trusts Kendall... they have lied to each other, they have kept secrets from each other, they have withheld information from each other, but they have loved each other despite very good reasons to stop. Zach's world is inside out and upside down. Nothing is the same as when he fell into that bomb shelter, and nothing he does sets his world to rights. Kendall is not the same woman she was when he left... and despite everything he's said or done or tried to do, he can't take them magically back to where they were. The reason he fell into that hole was because Kendall chose to blame him for everything wrong in their lives... and he forgave her. When he came out, she tried to sacrifice her freedom and their life together for Greenlee without ever giving Zach a chance to make it right for everyone... and he forgave her. Now she has hidden a potential pregnancy from him, hurt him deeply... but he appears to forgive her. I'm not entirely certainly that Zach has begun to question his trust in Kendall... but he is questioning their ability to survive. He has doubts and they nag at him, he doesn't know what exactly is wrong, but he knows that his relationship with Kendall is in peril -- the book tour, Ryan's amnesia, more secrets, more deceptions, and on and on. WE know that she has betrayed his trust... but what will he do when he inevitably finds out? Can the marriage survive any more setbacks? How many times should he be expected to turn the other cheek when Kendall blames him, deceives him or betrays him?

Zach places great importance on trust and loyalty... he gives it sparingly but offers it in full measure. I shudder to think how he will react when he discovers the truth of Kendall's distance, and the betrayal of his trust. I have no doubt of his ability to forgive Kendall for the adultery... he has proven to be very forgiving of those he loves. I do believe that he'll have more trouble with the lies and deceit that Kendall employed rather than telling Zach the truth, but I believe he can forgive that, too. However, I'm not so sure that Zach's capacity for forgiveness or ability to trust will survive the blow of discovering the scope of Kendall's betrayal... he has been pushed far past his limits, and I just don't believe that he can withstand another assault.

After today, though, I am sure of one thing. It's going to be spectacular... mesmerizing... and tremendous.... IF they give TK enough screen time to work his magic.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
teresaplatt

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

CHERI, i am crying like a baby..........reading this made me FEEL this mans pain and it's just beginning,,,,,,,,,,you are the BEST..........thank you........for making sure we ALWAYS remember who this MAN IS...........sigh

Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
WOW!!  Cheri, just WOW!  What an AWESOME post!  Thank you so much for taking the time to put your feelings which I totally agree with into words.  Zach deserves much better than he is getting right now, and I'm so glad that you pointed out all of the reasons why he does!

This is a post that stands alone!  BRAVA, Cheri, Brava!  This is who Zach Slater really is!

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Cheri, sometimes when I read your posts I feel like I am reading one of your fanfics.

I actually had tears in my eyes reading how many people have hurt Zach and when I think about the pain that he will face in the future, my heart breaks.  You are right about one thing . . . TK is going to be magnificent in the scenes.  Hopefully we will get alot of Zach screen time, but even if we don't TK has the ability to show us his pain even with a small amount of time.

Any future fanfics planned??

June
Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
After being hit over the head with the word trust I too have been giving this some thought though never with the degree of depth and understanding you always manage to attain Cheri.

My tangent was slightly different however.  Where you see a selective trust I see a generous and endless supply of trust in this man.  This was not how he started out in Pine Valley but the trust was firmly in place with those who worked for him. Starting with Bobby Warner and Marty.  At that time I think he believed that money could buy trust but unfortunately this was a painful lesson. The ability to trust was delivered yet another devastating blow and was rarely seen; but since then there has been a metamorphosis driven by Zach's need to trust.  I'm am not sure what cause brought about this effect or if it was an accumulation of events.  These writers (term used loosely here) always leave the deep undercurrent completely unexplored. 

As we have seen over the years Zach was instilled with an incredible sense of value and a immense capacity to love.  These character traits were destroyed by his father and even in death held a very tight grip on his soul.  While the ability to love never faded away completely trust was a more personal issue.  It is possible to have love without trust which I think was evident in one of the Maria flashbacks.  She  had gone out for a while and he became frantic she would not return; this lack of trust proved to be a sign of things to come.

While die hard Zendall fans might place the credit squarely on the shoulders of Kendall's love I am not so easily swayed.  By nature people are either trusting or not but once that ability is shattered it is difficult to restore and I do not believe the love for one can result in trust of so many.  A contributing factor may have been the "defeat" of his father and his return to Cambias.  With these events a chapter in his life was closed and the ability to trust rekindled.  He has distributed trust far more generously since then; in fact I think the list of those he does not trust is MUCH shorter than those he does.  Whether this trust is warranted .... well I think we would all agree  it is not.  Zach needs to trust and with each label of trust Zach's load seems to lighten and the darkness lifts. 

Once again this level of trust will be shattered and you are right... what TK does with it will be spell bounding.  If only the writers could figure out how to get past the hard shell on the M & M and delve into the incredible richness that lies beneath. 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Beautiful post, Cheri... but.it hurt to read it because I felt Zach's pain all over again and the worst is yet to come. When it does, I think all the pain Zach felt from all those other betrayals added up won't equal what he will feel then.

I have one to add to your list, though it may be more a case of Zach being kind and because he related to her than him being trusting though he did trust her, too - but Di is another one who stabbed him in the back. He gave her his support (and his coat!) and a job when Tad dumped her, and she used that job to help Tad screw Zach over just so she could get back into Tad's pants.

RFoxS

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

What a magnificent, fabulous eloquently stated post.  It will be mesmerzing to watch TK bring Zach's pain to the screen.  I am just wondering when this will all unfold?   My guess is that it will be during May sweeps.  Maybe by then he will have found a confidante besided Myrtle whom he can trust.  Maybe Angie or Jessie. Tk on screen with Angie or Jessie would be emmy worthy for both the actors and the show itself.  Just my opinon.

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Beautiful post Cheri, you are so eloquent (sp). I agree with everything you said.

We should get some wonderful acting from Thorsten, Oh and a box of tissues.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri
Trust is an interesting word... Zach used it a lot today. Obviously, the writers are building their case for Zach's sense of betrayal when his wife's adultery with a man he calls friend is revealed. It is heavy handed and it is extremely hard to miss... but there is more to Zach's trust than just the revelation of the latest edition of Soap Opera 101.

Zach is not a man who trusts easily, but when he decides to trust someone he withholds nothing. He's a skeptic, a cynic, a man who does not trust the world -- and has no reason to considering the precious little happiness that it has ever given to him. But we have seen him trust more than once, and with little reason other than his own affection. We could almost say that Zach's willingness to trust is something to be celebrated -- that a man who has been the brunt of so much pain from the people that should have loved him best can STILL trust gives evidence of the tremendous heart that he has. He neither loves nor trusts easily, but when he loves or trusts he does it completely.

Who has he trusted since we've known him?

He's trusted Maria. She repaid that trust with a neverending game of "I want you, I want you not" that had my head spinning on a daily basis. In the end she preferred to believe the lies of Ethan over the truth of Zach because she found it easer to live in her own skin if Zach was the liar. In the end, she apologized for her betrayal and was forgiven. But their relationship was forever altered by her actions and choices, and suffered irreparable damage. The love remained, but it wasn't enough.

He trusted Bianca... and she repaid him by rejecting him in favor of Ethan and sending him a horrible letter, denying him access to the niece he loved dearly. In Bianca's case they have made amends and built a relationship -- but that relationship is built on friendship and their mutual relationship with Kendall. I have no belief in Bianca's willingness to continue a relationship with Zach if pressured not to by people she loves more.

He trusted Hannah... more out of misplaced guilt than anything actually earned. But he offered her all that he had to give, and then some. Despite her many betrayals, he forgave her in the end and showed her compassion. I have no doubt that he would have helped her, but I also have no doubt that there would have been no friendship between them beyond getting her the psychological help she required.

He trusted Dixie... largely because she reminded him of himself as well as being a woman who needed him and his help. She was outcast, she was estranged from her son, and once revealed she was reviled by almost everyone in town. In the end she betrayed him by her own neediness -- putting her desires above his and actively seeking to destroy his relationship with his wife. I think she did care for him, but she never accepted the limits Zach placed on the friendship, and her and her ex-husband's behavior nearly cost him his love and his life.

He trusted Ryan... because Ryan finally stopped interjecting himself between Zach and Kendall and accepted their relationship, and because both men were willing to put aside their differences for the best interests of Spike. But I believe that it was largely because Zach did so much FOR Ryan that he earned the right for Ryan to trust him. Finally, and probably despite his better judgment, Zach chose to extend his trust to Ryan because of his deep love for Kendall and Spike. Zach's actions and choices contributed to the situation, and his penance was to forever be tied to Ryan through Kendall and Spike... so Zach made the best of a bad situation, and extended conditional trust to a man who never deserved it. The reason that trust is no longer extended and was completely undeserved is playing out now as Ryan's amnesia has turned him into an obsessed stalker. I have no doubt that the MANY mentions by several different characters about how "Ryan would never hurt Kendall" are huge anvils indicating that it's exactly what he'll do given time and opportunity. This writing team does not know how to do subtle...

He trusts Myrtle... and she has honored that trust and love with the same. She is the one constant in his life, the late surrogate for the mother that was taken when he was far too young. But Myrtle's presence is limited, and he needs more people in his life who love him, trust him and accept him for who he is without judgment.

He trusts Josh... a man who has been known many times to betray a trust in favor of something he desires more. He is a man who has had no morals or scruples in his dealings with others. However, he has earned Zach's trust by his own steadfast behavior... and Zach is not going to judge Josh for being like a young Zach. They are both men who have always relied on a "the ends justify the means" mentality, and Josh has grown and matured into a man who deserves the trust Zach has placed in him. But as Kendall's loving brother will he remain that steadfast, loyal and true friend in the face of irreconcilable differences between Zach and his wife?

He trusts Annie... because they earned each other's trust. At first she did not trust Zach and at one point I wanted to throttle the woman for the way she treated Zach, but she has earned her redemption by the way she supported and cared for Zach after Ian's premature birth... by the way she has encouraged Emma to think of Zach as her uncle and Ian as another brother... and by the way she treats him with affection, respect and love. Once again, though, she is tied to a person who could expect her to withdraw her allegiance to Zach out of loyalty... and can she possibly continue as Zach's ally when she has to consider the best interests of her own daughter?

He trusts Aidan... with very little reason to do so, other than everyone's word that he was relentless in seeking Greenlee and persistent in helping Kendall. Considering that he accepted payment from Zach to keep Greenlee away from his family and ended up siding with Greenlee and actively working against Zach and his family, Zach's decision to trust Aidan is certainly a leap of faith. But in his gratitude for being rescued from the bomb shelter and his ability to be with the wife and children he adores, he is willing to overlook Aidan's extensive list of flaws and extend to him the trust that he believes has been earned.

He trusts Greenlee... because of the bond they shared in the bomb shelter. I don't believe that Zach has forgotten who Greenlee is, but he has a better understanding of her than anyone else. She may have spent time in a mine shaft and a cave before, but never shared the type of intimate moments with her rescuers as she did with Zach. That type of experience changes a person, and it changed Zach and Greenlee just as it changed the world above ground. Only time will tell if Greenlee will extend the same loyalty to Zach that he will for her... no one in Pine Valley is more loyal for less reason... and I will be merciless if Greenlee betrays their bond and Zach's trust, especially for the likes of Aidan or Ryan.

He trusts Kendall... they have lied to each other, they have kept secrets from each other, they have withheld information from each other, but they have loved each other despite very good reasons to stop. Zach's world is inside out and upside down. Nothing is the same as when he fell into that bomb shelter, and nothing he does sets his world to rights. Kendall is not the same woman she was when he left... and despite everything he's said or done or tried to do, he can't take them magically back to where they were. The reason he fell into that hole was because Kendall chose to blame him for everything wrong in their lives... and he forgave her. When he came out, she tried to sacrifice her freedom and their life together for Greenlee without ever giving Zach a chance to make it right for everyone... and he forgave her. Now she has hidden a potential pregnancy from him, hurt him deeply... but he appears to forgive her. I'm not entirely certainly that Zach has begun to question his trust in Kendall... but he is questioning their ability to survive. He has doubts and they nag at him, he doesn't know what exactly is wrong, but he knows that his relationship with Kendall is in peril -- the book tour, Ryan's amnesia, more secrets, more deceptions, and on and on. WE know that she has betrayed his trust... but what will he do when he inevitably finds out? Can the marriage survive any more setbacks? How many times should he be expected to turn the other cheek when Kendall blames him, deceives him or betrays him?

Zach places great importance on trust and loyalty... he gives it sparingly but offers it in full measure. I shudder to think how he will react when he discovers the truth of Kendall's distance, and the betrayal of his trust. I have no doubt of his ability to forgive Kendall for the adultery... he has proven to be very forgiving of those he loves. I do believe that he'll have more trouble with the lies and deceit that Kendall employed rather than telling Zach the truth, but I believe he can forgive that, too. However, I'm not so sure that Zach's capacity for forgiveness or ability to trust will survive the blow of discovering the scope of Kendall's betrayal... he has been pushed far past his limits, and I just don't believe that he can withstand another assault.

After today, though, I am sure of one thing. It's going to be spectacular... mesmerizing... and tremendous.... IF they give TK enough screen time to work his magic.

Awww Cheri,ITA with all the Ladies here,BEAUTIFULLY said,as you always do. Have i told you lately,i LOVE the way you think. And ITA with all you said.Oh yes,TK never dissappoints,he will be BRILLIANT in his scenes.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thank you all... and I'm glad it's sparked a conversation! Good thing they canceled classes tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

Thanks for asking, June, but no. I'm concentrating on my original work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
Where you see a selective trust I see a generous and endless supply of trust in this man. This was not how he started out in Pine Valley but the trust was firmly in place with those who worked for him. Starting with Bobby Warner and Marty. At that time I think he believed that money could buy trust but unfortunately this was a painful lesson.

I don't think that the expectation of loyalty that Zach had for Bobby or for Marty was the same as trust. You are right that he paid them, and paid them well, for their services. He was also considered a very dangerous man... someone who would be lethal when crossed. Bobby warned Erica away from him when they were still in Vegas, and Marty certainly showed a little fear with his remorse when the blackout was revealed. But Zach didn't trust either one of them. He already knew that they could be bought, and that they had no problem if the jobs they did for Zach might not be strictly legal. He paid them well and expected the combination of money and fear to keep them loyal. We know very little about Marty, although it would have been a pleasure to see more of Zach and Marty interacting. But we saw a lot of Bobby -- I remember more than one occasion where Zach's demeanor scared Bobby shitless, but Zach never trusted either of them. Honor among thieves only goes so far and Zach knows it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
It is possible to have love without trust which I think was evident in one of the Maria flashbacks. She had gone out for a while and he became frantic she would not return; this lack of trust proved to be a sign of things to come.

Oh, I definitely believe in love without trust... hence Zach's capacity for forgiveness that I've already mentioned. However, I've got to disagree with you on the casita flashbacks. Zach and Maureen had mutually agreed not to share information about their past, not to plan for the future, and to allow the other to end the relationship and leave at any time without any question. His concern that she left wasn't about trust... it was about the fact that they had agreed up front that she could leave without telling him that was going to. That was Zach's first experience with love, yet he still set boundaries with her. He trusted her with his heart, just not his secrets -- later, in Pine Valley, he gave her those, too. That this man who had kept so many secrets for so long handed them to Maria with the belief that she wouldn't betray him was a HUGE step. I have no doubts that Zach trusted her both in the desert and in Pine Valley... until she screwed it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
I have one to add to your list, though it may be more a case of Zach being kind and because he related to her than him being trusting though he did trust her, too - but Di is another one who stabbed him in the back. He gave her his support (and his coat!) and a job when Tad dumped her, and she used that job to help Tad screw Zach over just so she could get back into Tad's pants.

Really good point Christy, I guess out of sight out of mind... I forgot her almost as easily as Aidan did! In fact, now that I think of it, you should probably add the other two Santos sisters to the list as well. Anita certainly turned on him repeatedly, despite the nice rapport they had established... and Julia caused a great deal of harm when she threw in with Ryan. (Do you think Di keeping Zach's coat was why he told Greenlee that she had it give it back?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFoxS
What a magnificent, fabulous eloquently stated post. It will be mesmerzing to watch TK bring Zach's pain to the screen. I am just wondering when this will all unfold? My guess is that it will be during May sweeps. Maybe by then he will have found a confidante besided Myrtle whom he can trust. Maybe Angie or Jessie. Tk on screen with Angie or Jessie would be emmy worthy for both the actors and the show itself. Just my opinon.

I certainly hope this doesn't drag out that long -- and it's funny you should mention Jesse. I was struck today at just how similar Zach and Jesse are. They both spent 20 years hiding, pretending they were dead, and traveling the world to keep from being found. I think that Zach and Jesse could have a lot to talk about. THAT is a friendship I'd enjoy very much (which is probably why we won't get it). Besides, if Jesse ever does want to solve the mystery, he's gonna need Zach. Tad sure as hell ain't going to accomplish anything!

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
susa

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Cheri, what a wonderful post.
I find it really difficult to watch Zach's scenes with Aidan because I can't get over my dislike of the character and it has nothing to do with Kendall or the ONS. When K&A found the bomb shelter, Zach was cradling Greenlee in his arms and both were close to death. Up until then any animosity Aidan had toward Zach might have been understandable but after seeing this he should have had some generosity in his remarks about Zach but he didn't. When Ryan and Annie asked about Zach, Aidan responded "that man is too brutal to die" When Greenlee said "Zach apologized" he responded sarcastically "wow, 2 miracles in one week". Even recently with Ryan's amnesia, Kathy pointed out how rudely Aidan questioned Zach "are you going to tell me what's going on with Ryan or do I have to squeeze it out of you". To see Zach go out of his way to offer friendship and trust to a man who shows no gratitude, doesn't seem to feel any guilt about sleeping with his wife, and doesn't even seem particularly polite to him, is just too painful.
I agree with you about the ONS reveal, it's the extent of the lies that is going to crush Zach and it is going to be devastating to watch.
Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Thank you all... and I'm glad it's sparked a conversation! Good thing they canceled classes tonight.

Thanks for asking, June, but no. I'm concentrating on my original work.

Please keep us posted on your progress Cheri.  I know I am not speaking out of turn when I say we will all want a copy when it's published and it will be published.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Great post, Cheri...thank you for sharing....
Roseann
brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Quote:
I have no doubt of his ability to forgive Kendall for the adultery... he has proven to be very forgiving of those he loves. I do believe that he'll have more trouble with the lies and deceit that Kendall employed rather than telling Zach the truth, but I believe he can forgive that, too. However, I'm not so sure that Zach's capacity for forgiveness or ability to trust will survive the blow of discovering the scope of Kendall's betrayal... he has been pushed far past his limits, and I just don't believe that he can withstand another assault.

ITA Cheri, thanks for the thoughtful post.  I keep thinking of the broken trust on both sides of this relationship that will eat at Zach.  Can Zach trust Kendall to be honest with him and not keep secrets?  Does Kendall trust Zach and his love enough to own up to her own mistakes? 

I keep thinking back to the "we're not a team" scene on 1/2.  Kendall could have and should have told Zach the truth that day when he was practically begging her to be honest with him, and I think he was prepared to forgive her for almost anything.  This conversation was more of a turning point in their relationship for me than the ONS itself. 

Kendall: Why can't you understand how --

Zach: I do understand, Kendall. I do. That's the problem. I understand that nothing has changed. It's all exactly the way it was when I went missing. You think you can do everything on your own. Well, you can't. That's how we ended up right here. What are we? Hmm? We're not a team. So what are we?

Kendall: Zach, we are a team.

Zach: That's not the way I see it.

Kendall: Well, I'm sorry for that.

Zach: Yeah? That's nice.

Kendall: I am.

Zach: I need to know where this is coming from.

Kendall: I told you where this is coming from.

Zach: You told me what? I'm telling you -- Greenlee forgives you, Aidan forgives you, so there is something you're not telling me. What is it?

Kendall: I can't do this anymore, I --

Zach: Tell me.

Zach: Hey.

Kendall: I hate myself for what I've done.

Zach: Look at me.

Kendall: I can't.

Zach: Yes, you can. Come on. Hey.

Kendall: I let you down, Zach. I let you and the boys down, and I don't understand why I keep doing this to my family and why I keep hurting the people that I love.

Zach: Kendall, stop --

Kendall: No, no. Listen to me. I do trust you. I'm the one who can't be trusted. I do things without thinking, and I don't --

Zach: Will you -- Kendall: No, no. Listen, I thought -- I thought that maybe, maybe if I owned up to what I did, then it would -- it would take all the bad karma away and that we would have only good things come to us. I thought maybe, maybe it would take the pain away.

Zach: Come here. Come on. Come here.  [Zach comforts Kendall]  

Zach: Ok. Shh.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Cheri, great post and thanks for sharing.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.