Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

UGH...Doesn't sound like good news to me and I think it's going to end up backfiring and less will be watching, rather than more!

http://theonlinenetwork.com/press/TOLN_New%20Show%20Schedule_5.16.13.pdf?SJ023

Sounds like a lot of hogwash to me.   Short of it is...instead of 4 new AMC episodes a week, we're only getting 2 plus the "MoreAMC" Friday episode.  AMC will stream new episodes on Monday & Wednesdays starting this coming Monday.  OLTL will stream Tues/Thurs.

The yearly episode order has been reduced from 168 to 110.

Sigh...things were going so well too now I feel like we've been delivered another blow.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

UGH...Doesn't sound like good news to me and I think it's going to end up backfiring and less will be watching, rather than more!

Sounds like a lot of hogwash to me.   Short of it is...instead of 4 new AMC episodes a week, we're only getting 2 plus the "MoreAMC" Friday episode.  AMC will stream new episodes on Monday & Wednesdays starting this coming Monday.  OLTL will stream Tues/Thurs.

Sigh...things were going so well too now I feel like we've been delivered another blow.

Thank you for posting this, Alina!  I'm SO angry right now that I could choke these people. They are NOT going to force me to watch OLTL no matter what!  Their explanation makes no damn sense to me!  It looks like we're getting screwed again!

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selma
Quote:

They are NOT going to force me to watch OLTL no matter what!  

Ditto Selma.

Thanks for the news Alina.  This really sucks.  After all the wait and all the excitement they have generated, I think they are moving in the wrong direction!  If they think people binge-watch on weekends and five hours is too much time for the viewers, they don't realize that even when the shows were on TV, people used to VCR/DVR and watch at their convenience, the show OR shows of their choice.  Many only watched the weekend marathons on Soapnet, which was five hours continuous watching per show.  If people like the shows, they will make time to watch.  And for God's sake, people don't HAVE TO like or watch both shows!  It hasn't even been a month yet, I don't think they have given it enough time.  Not only that, MANY, MANY people are completely unaware that the shows are back! 
This is not fair to the fans who eagerly waited and then tuned in, more importantly, it is not fair to the cast and crew members.  REALLY SUCKS!

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I don't have time to watch my shows, I make time, as I think most people probably do.  One total hour of a soap per week?  I call bullshit.

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
sassygal

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Ugh... I agree with all your comments.  Feeling CHEATED!   YUP, THIS SUCKS!
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKK!

This so sucks!!!! Why couldn't they have warned us in advance this could happen? The show was doing so well right from the start - I feel like they yanked the rug right out from under everyone.

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
At least they could have taken us to dinner and kissed us first, right?

Banner by Fil
Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie
At least they could have taken us to dinner and kissed us first, right?

True...LOL....but I don't think a dinner at McDonald's would do it for me.  (Cheapskates)

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
The reasons given in the Press Release are all over the map and full of contradictions. The reboots are doing great, top 10 on Hulu but hey let's cut the content down because viewers can't keep up.  What?  Viewers are keeping up, hence being in the top 10.  So much for the slogan that this is no longer daytime, it's ANYtime.  Apparently anytime isn't good unless you watch them when they rather you watch. 

At this rate, Cassandra will be a sex slave into 2014!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT!!!   Things were going so well.  Why can't they just leave it alone?  All I see here is that we're going to get only half of what was promised, and I'm FURIOUS!!  Most soap watchers have been used to and loyal to daily viewing, or whatever arrangement they have made for themselves for a five-hour-week for many years. To reduce us  now to only one hour ( and that split into two halves) is IMO going to discourage a lot of people from bothering to watch at all. We (the passionate diehards) will no doubt stick it out, but I bet the ratings will drop when this stupid idea is adopted.  Scares me. I don't want to lose AMC.... AGAIN!
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I'm pretty upset by this news.  I think PP was doing a great job, but now I feel as if we are being railroaded by them . . . again.

My concern is how do the actors feel about this??  How will it affect them, their time, salary, etc.  If I hear THEY are ok with this, then I will live with it . . . but if the actors were blindsided, like they were with AMC's cancellation . . . I'm going to be more pissed!!

PP got some pretty big names to put their trust in them . . . I so hope they don't get screwed!!

June
DebbieR

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Nooooo can we do anything to change their minds!

kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

Here is what Jill Larson said.  I think this was on Facebook.........

Jill Larson
Personally I think this is a good decision for a couple of reasons.
I think licensing demands required Prospect Park to mount and premier this new network with way too little time to write long term story, to build the infrastructure it takes to produce these shows. When we first arrived, the building was almost bare, PA's were running around buying hangers for the costume dept, toilet paper for the johns, we had NOTHING, they had to buy pens, chairs to sit on, everything.

Everyone has done a Hurculean job, truly unbelievable, the shows look wonderful, I am so very proud to be able to be a part of this daring undertaking. Our producers and writers work until 4:00AM nearly every night, I wondered how long this could continue.

And though this is not the reason for the decision to scale back on the number of episodes posted per week, I think it will provide some real pay-off in the quality of the shows we produce, because great shows, the ones you love to watch, whether All My Children, One Life or MadMen, Downton Abbey, Walking Dead, require time to be created and written with long term thought and care. Taking a break from production will provide the creative team a chance to catch their breath and really bring our shows to a new level of what I hope will be greatness, not just as "daytime", but as outstanding new programming.

But none of this addresses your disappointment at losing 2 episodes a week. We are all disappointed, of course, but let's try to be patient, as we would with a child learning to walk. Everyone, every single person, from Jeff and Rich to our caterers and interns is giving their all to make this a success. We must keep up our excitement, keep spreading the word, we have some really fantastic shows in the making right now, some exciting characters coming back on the canvas, there is much to look forward to.

In closing I'll say that I LOVE chocolate! But I'm hypoglycemic and really shouldn't eat sugar. So I am very selective, I don't binge on the cheap stuff, I buy the most expensive, beautiful chocolate I can get, and savor it a little at a time, and Man, do I get pleasure from it! Let's look at our shows as the best chocolate there is and pace ourselves, it could be an even better ride!

We all love all of you, so let's just keep on keeping on and have faith that together we have a long happy journey ahead!

This makes it sound less "dooms-day".

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #14 
After reading other actors' reactions, first of all - guess THEY found out on TWITTER like the rest of us... (??) 

And their main message to us now is basically to 'shut up and appreciate all the great shows you ARE getting!!'  I almost wish they would just stop 'spinning' and say nothing!

OK, I certainly DO appreciate everything they are doing, but why couldn't they keep the four shows a week until they are out, and THEN take a haitus for a month or so???

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Just because it's worth repeating.............

This really sucks.

And they are NOT going to force me to watch OLTL, not matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
After reading Jill Larson's remarks I would like to revise my mini-rant of a few days ago. If this cut-back is indeed the result of rushing in too soon and biting off more than they could chew, I can understand  that they may need some time off to catch up and prepare for future productions. I'm not happy with the current twice a week menu, but I accept it if it means they will have a better chance of continuing AMC in the future. I hope they will be able to restore the four-episode week eventually. (The "More" on Fridays is mostly wasted time  IMO.)  I will try to be patient  and savor the few Zach moments they can offer me now. Meanwhile, I do hope that this production break does not mean salary losses for the actors.
kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

I'm trying to feel better about it by keeping in mind that most TV shows are either 30 minutes or 60 minutes a week, so this will be no different really.

I want a daily Zach/TK fix though!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I am not watching One Life to Live....   I missed AMC and my Zach today.  One hour a week of AMC and a few minutes of Zach a week SUCKS!  I HOPE HE HAS A LOT OF SCENES TOMORROW!
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Just so there is no misunderstanding, LOL, I have every intention of being patient and supportive IF their true reasons for cutting down are their need to catch up, or having bit more than they can chew, or however they want to word it. If it helps, I would even stream it on ALL of my pcs, really.  

What bugs me is this "people don't have time to watch both shows" crap.  Because I do have time.  If I don't, I would MAKE time for what I want to watch.  But if their intention is to make me watch OLTL, it ain't happening.  Not after what the old regime did to Patrick, to Marty, to their child, only to glorify the worthless, the trashiest of characters!  NO TK/SH = NO ME!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #20 
Ditto to what Searose said. I'm more than willing to be patient while PP irons out the kinks, but this is a pretty big kink and the problem is I have PTSD from PP's initial choke with AMC/OLTL, not to mention the evil reign of Brian Frons, so my ability to trust anything a soap head honcho says is pretty nonexistent. Of course I'll keep watching and supporting AMC, and hope for the best.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
As for OLTL, I agree. I have NO interest whatsoever in that, except for old recordings of the Patrick/Marty days. As a matter of fact I am not by nature a true soap watcher.  Twenty-five years ago, only because my daughter insisted on playing her daily tape at suppertime, I got hooked on AMC.  Of course when Zach showed up nine years ago I was a "dead duck"......  I"ll watch ANYTHING that HE does for as long and as often as I can.
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
I guess I'll be a dissenting voice, lol in that even though I have no, zero, zilch interest in OLTL (for many reasons including the ones Searose mentioned), I'll continue to stream it while I do other things.   I'm not sure that it's the case but if AMC continuing on hinges on the success of both shows, then I'm willing to bite that bullet on that, lol.  Not doing it for PP or OLTL...doing it because I want AMC to succeed and because I want to have much more time enjoying Zach/TK.  Whatever it takes is my motto ;-)

kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
I guess I'll be a dissenting voice, lol in that even though I have no, zero, zilch interest in OLTL (for many reasons including the ones Searose mentioned), I'll continue to stream it while I do other things.   I'm not sure that it's the case but if AMC continuing on hinges on the success of both shows, then I'm willing to bite that bullet on that, lol.  Not doing it for PP or OLTL...doing it because I want AMC to succeed and because I want to have much more time enjoying Zach/TK.  Whatever it takes is my motto ;-)

Well I hadn't thought about this, but maybe it's a good idea.  I can just set my netbook to show the program, even though I'm not watching.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
my ability to trust anything a soap head honcho says is pretty nonexistent
Yes, this.
I lobster-hate the two thirty minutes a week thing, but I'll just take what I can get and remain hopeful.

Banner by Fil
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
If they come out and say it straight-forward that the shows' destinies are tied together, and that one can only survive if the other does, then I will be willing to stream OLTL just for the sake of boosting ratings.  But not when they can't seem to be making up their minds about why they are cutting down to two episodes per week.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.