Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
howru

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Since I stopped watching AMC, i've been watching a lot of movies lately and I am starting to have a crush on Gerard Butler. TK is still my number one of course.

Anyways, everytime I see him, all I see is TK. I just saw the movie, Gamer, yesterday, and the whole time I just imagined TK acting  and he could have perfectly fit the role for the action movie.

I don't know if I am the whole one with this opinion, but I think Gerard butler and TK are kind of similar. Both are rugged and have the same kind of look. Not exactly the same, but similar. Gerard has this charming personality like in PS, I Love You. Even when he's in an action movie, all I remember is the charm and still brings a smile to my face like even when shooting a gun.

Just like TK. From what I see on screen, TK seems to be very charming especially during fun scenes, but you can still feel that even during a serious scene.
I don't know, maybe i am just biased, but there's something about the two actors.

Has anyone seen Gerard butler movies and if so, have you ever got this feeling?

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I've only seen him in 1 movie, P.S. I Love You and I liked him so much that I googled him to find out more.  And yes, through the whole movie I kept thinking how much he reminded me of TK and I also thought TK would have been great in that role.

I tend to cry during movies, but that one??  Holy shit . . . I wound up getting a horrible cold from crying so much.  From beginning to end.  If TK were in the role . . . it would have killed me!!

June

Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 

I've never thought of TK in Gerard Butler roles, but I have in Clive Owen roles.  Case in point: "The Boys are Back", which I watched last night (gorgeous scenery of Australia, by the way).  I could so see him in that movie, as well as different types of Clive Owen movies (Children of Men, The International, etc.)

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Man you got my interest I like Gerard Butler, Clive Owen, a huge fan of a more mature dude but a kick ass actor Stephen Rea.  TK is somewhat like Butler and Owen because of that manly rugged thing they got going. Stephen I can't put in here because he has that  hang dog look but a phenomenal stage and screen actor and I saw him both sides of the Atlantic ( a very nice man as well ). One point I will make that there is not one thing that any of these men do that TK couldn't do and perhaps even better. He has stage background (correct?) he has a great presence and I feel with the exception of Rea he has far better skills than Butler and Owen but again they are all so different.  Sorry I get confused in my thoughts.  I often wonder why he isn't more exposed ( not technically). This man is more than a pretty face I see it and feel it I wish he would bust out.  Just my own little selfish thoughts.

Megan
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

A few days ago I stumbled upon the last half of a showing of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe?" on TCM. Before long I caught myself doing what I seem to always do these days......superimposing (again!) TK's image,voice, and "reading" of the actions over the already excellent performance of Richard Burton.  (Boy!, when Burton can't distract me from this habit, you know I'm   hopelessly posessed! LOL) The longer I watched, the more I thought.......what a great role this would be for TK. It's so intense! I'd love to see his take on it.

irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I think maybe now I am starting to understand something and correct me if I am wrong.  What does Richard Burton and TK have in common?  Distinct voices, dramatic voices that could cut you with every word they utter and the most unique thing is this presence, this presence that is there before they open their mouth.  Burton was Welsh I believe and I could listen to him all day long.  Another great voice a so so actor (IMO) Angus MacFayden and the one that can deduce you to tears or fear Jeremy Irons.  All of these men have presence  and the recitation delivery of I don't know what adjective/noun  to use.  This is where I see this TK , this man has it, in a fierce way.  Well got to go before the distinct presence from Brooklyn comes home.  I'm officially unemployed today ............ and happy as a pig in shit.

Megan
Dulce

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #7 
This thread is interesting because the last actor I "crushed" on before TK was Gerard Butler. LOL I never made the connection before, but both are big, tough, manly men with a sensitive side. I don't like saying they're the same "type" because I don't like labeling people that way (and, nobody brings what TK brings to the table, that's a given), but I can definitely see them playing the same type of roles in movies. 

My favorite Gerard Butler movie is a little film called Dear Frankie that would have been perfect for TK. It's about a woman in Scotland who has an abusive husband and a deaf son. She's been writing letters to the son and pretending to be his father who he thinks is a sailor on a ship. Well the ship he's supposed to be on comes to their town and she hires (GB) to pretend to be his "Da" for the day. It's a heartbreaker and the entire cast is excellent. I highly recommend it and I would love to know if you can't see TK in that role too.
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Hey Dulce,  I just stumbled upon your post from 3/05 (because i was checking out all the new posts from yesterday and yours was just above it.)  I completely agree with your comments about "Dear Frankie".  I had seen a few Butler films before and been pretty neutral about him, but a few weeks ago i watched  Frankie and LOVED IT. Butler was excellent in that one and I saw him in a new light. I had rented it from NetFlix and had to talk myself into sending it back. I agree that Thorsten would have been GREAT in that role....it's right up his alley. It contains so many of the situations that TK so excels in portraying.  Without erasing Butler's work, I would love to see TK do it too; of course with my habit of "superimposing" I feel that i already have.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.