Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
I saw the People Magazine collector's special on AMC at the grocery store checkout today, so I got a copy. Kathy sure hit the nail on the head the other day when she asked if Disney had bought People - other than the Erica Kane focus (which it should have!) I thought it came across as a Ryan/Rylee fest. Figures, huh? These are the only two mentions of TK. (I could swear I just read this quote somewhere else!)

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Thanks Christy!  I wouldn't be surprised if indeed Disney has a stake in People, or worse yet, if Fronsie didn't provide them with the entire thing.  I remember the days when we used to sarcastically, of course, say that the show should be called All My Lavery!
I am sure Mr. Kaye has enjoyed working with Alicia, Eva, David Canary, probably VI too.  And we know he is friends with Cameron.  Who knows, something may work out one day soon?

"Whenever I work with him, it's electric"!
Oh yeah, that's how it came across on screen every single time!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Does anyone know who the special guests are on The View Sept. 23rd - I won't watch unless he is on - In that case I could watch the rest of it with a mute button on - Peggy
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
I saw the People Magazine collector's special on AMC at the grocery store checkout today, so I got a copy. Kathy sure hit the nail on the head the other day when she asked if Disney had bought People - other than the Erica Kane focus (which it should have!) I thought it came across as a Ryan/Rylee fest. Figures, huh? These are the only two mentions of TK. (I could swear I just read this quote somewhere else!)

Site Meter

Thank you Christy.SOB show is almost over.Still hard to believe no AMC soon on abc.HATE the chew and won't ever watch it!!!Cooking food shows belong on the food channels!!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 

there is a new magazine which pays tribute to AMC by soap opera weekly and soap opera digest, it is better than the peoples edition, there is an article on TK and Alicia, it has Lucci on the front and the cover is yellow, it is out now

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

There are sev tribute mags out right now, including SOW & SOD & People, but today I found a spread in Newsweek & there is a new pic of TK.  Interviews, too. 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Newsweek? I hate to spend money on that rag but I guess I'll have to!

I updated the site with the SOW tribute issue interview last night. It's a great interview.

TK Interview -- SOW AMC Special Farewell Issue

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Thank YOU Kathy & Christy.

Love this interview!!!   TK is so funny and so damn intelligent!  Two of my favorite quotes...1 example of each:

Why was Zach so popular?

You've seen me. I'm a tasty treat [laughs]. When I was younger, I did a lot of modeling on the radio.

When the audience doesn't get it on a soap, it comes back to the actor, not the writer.  People don't stop Russsell Crowe and say, "Why did you kill all those Romans?" But they stop us all the time. "Why did you do that to Kendall?"

His Cameron Brando story...bwahahaha!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I love this interview, too & I think it's going to be one of my all-time favs.  His humor is matchless!  Thanks for scanning this.

Kathy - just to clarify- he's not quoted in
Newsweek, I don't think - just Agnes Nixon, but there's a new pic of him that I hadn't seen, fyi.  It's a souvenier! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Kathy - Thank you for the article - Peggy

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Great interviews. I wanted to print them out or download them but wasn't able to do either. Am I just doing it wrong or are they not "save-able"?
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks Kathy, this is great reading!  So much I didn't know about what was going on.  TFIIC are really TFIIC, if they could not work out the deal with him about the LA move, or even let him finish his contract.  We all know how it is turning out for them now.  And about Satin Slayer story line, who could have guessed that?  TK had still put his 100% effort (even though it seemed so effortless) into that and had us riveted!

Mr. Kaye is right, we will cherish what we got in form of a marvelous character, Zach Slater.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 
Pat, to save the pics in Christy's post to your hard drive, just right click on them.

To save TK Interview -- SOW AMC Special Farewell Issue to your hard drive, click on File, then Save Page As, then save it as the type Web page, complete. That should save the interview text and pictures (and preserve the page style).

ETA: The above instructions are for  Firefox 6.0.2, which is what I use. It's probably similar in IE.

I don't know why you shouldn't be able to print it.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
 Kathy, your advice did point me in the right direction. After downloading I could not pull it back up as an on-screen version to read (just got a lot of tech gobblegook) but I did find a way to print out copies (had to use "landscape"; otherwise it cut off  half of the page.....strange!),  so I'm satisfied, and did learn something.  Thanks for your help.
kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

TFIIC are really TFIIC, if they could not work out the deal with him about the LA move, or even let him finish his contract. 

ITA!!  He would have moved if they would have put more time on paper, but they wouldn't do it?!?!

Idiots!

This does support my theory that they knew they were going to cancel, even while they were moving the show.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Great interview but then they always are and so much fun. 

If only they listened to the Mahn maybe things would be different.

I'm glad he took Cam at his word and gave him a good kick LOL
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.