Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I have to say this really, really baffles me.

The way I look at it . . . TK/Zach was/IS their most popular character/actor.  So when they decided to "kill" Zach . . . one would think they would want viewers to move on from him as quickly as possible.  Yet, here were are , 3 months later and Zach is still a huge presence on AMC.

My feelings on this are VERY mixed.

One one hand, I LOVE the fact that Kendall is still mourning, love that Zach is still being talked about as much as he is, love that they show TK's picture as much as they do and love that Zach is driving a current storyline.

However, there is another side of me that is furious that TIIC are using TK/Zach's popularity to draw Zach fans back.  It hurt to see a promo of Zach, knowing that he isn't there.  But for someone who doesn't follow spoilers at all . . . they would absolutely think TK was coming back.  But because I know better . . . their little tricks won't work on me.

Now, I've been watching soaps for a very long time.  But for the life of me I don't remember a character who has been "killed" off being such a big part of the show, 3 months after the fact.

And many, many people are saying that how they are portraying Kendall, her grief and her love for Zach are making it impossible to ever move her on.  They reinforce every single day that Zach is the love of her life.

So, right now I feel happy Zach is being mentioned so much . . . angry that they could be using TK to get us back and maybe even a little hopeful that they intend to bring our MAHN back.

June

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

I know just what you mean. I WANT to completely abandon AMC, ("BOYCOTT" is a more honest word I guess),  but I also don't want to miss any discussion involving Zach-- just to feel close to him for a few seconds, so I'm in a pickle. If spoilers don't mention Kendall (the person most likely to talk about him), I often don't watch at all. Sometimes I take a chance and watch the first 10 minutes, and if K doesn't show up, I turn it off. Even then I worry that someone else may be talking about him and I'm missing it. What i really want to do is never watch the damn show again, but my whole lunch routine has revolved around AMC for years, and habits are hard to break.  Sadly, I don't really expect TK to ever return (JMO) but as you said there is always that little seed of hope that is hard to squelch.  With all the "discussion time" TK is racking up, I think they ought to PAY him!!!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
IMO they are using TK/Zach to keep Zendall fans hanging on for something they probably have no plans to follow through on.  I think strictly Zach/TK fans have probably already left the building, lol and don't really care how many times Kendall mentions his name. From what I've read and seen in promos, I get the sense that they are going full speed ahead with their new toy and Kendall and it's only a matter of time before Kendall is saying, "Zach who?".  I'll be damned before I play their game and let them use my TK love that way.  IF TK ever returns to AMC...then they'll have me back as a viewer.  Until then, I don't care how many times Zach's name is mentioned or how many times they use his "likeness" to get me to watch.  It ain't happening!  When I want to "see" pictures of Thorsten/Zach, I come here.  And when I want to hear his name mentioned...all I have to do is listen to my own thoughts since Zach/TK are constants and always on my mind.

It really pisses me off that Zach is "dead" and TK is off contract but yet they continue to USE/exploit him for their own gains.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Zach propped many worthless characters when he was alive...now that he's gone, his picture is propping them. And it speaks louder than words what a dud AMC's very own Dr. Drake Remoray is.

Site Meter

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
And it speaks louder than words what a dud AMC's very own Dr. Drake Remoray is.

Site Meter

BWAHAHAHA! 

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Pah, I give you credit for watching just to hear glimpses of Zach's name.  I can't do it.  I won't fall for their tricks either and yeah, I am angry!!

But you know what pisses me off even more . . . I'm letting the rat bastards give me hope for a Zach return.  I just keep asking myself "why would they have Zach front and center when they want Kendall to move on??"

As for Dr. McNOTZACH . . . he is an epic FLOP!!  Hot can only get you so far and he ain't even that!!

June

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
June, I have seen the promo, and I took a deep breath when it STARTED with Zach's picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I mean, the character is "presumed dead" for three months now, and still, HIS PICTURE is the first thing TIIC decide to show, clearly having an extremely minute amount of respect for viewers' collective intelligence, since they think it would lure us back in!  Like Alina said, REAL Zach/TK fans have already left the building.  Some Zendall fans may be holding on to their hopes, but we all know that Kendall mentioning Zach every five seconds will not make TK decide to move to LA.

In any case, I have been getting regular commentary from someone who still watches, and Kendall isn't the only one who mentions Zach.  EVERYONE does, and it had me fuming mad that The Li'l Fucker himself was talking to himself and said something to the effect that he is all broken up about losing his "friend" Zach Such $&**(*&$^+#&$*^%&!!!

Christy, I have no idea who Dr. Drake Remoray is, but yes, Dr. Grief is a dud so far from what I hear!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
But you know what pisses me off even more . . . I'm letting the rat bastards give me hope for a Zach return.  I just keep asking myself "why would they have Zach front and center when they want Kendall to move on??"

June

Sadly, TIIC are just stupid enough to bring Zach back to save the show, even if they can't get "REAL" Zach to come back!  If they do, no matter who the recast, it will be the biggest failure in soap history.  I understand it is hard to give up hope for TK's Zach to return, but I refuse to "hope" until I hear something from the proverbial horse's mouth that there is something to hope for, LOL.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Christy, very well said regarding the dud!!!!    I personally have quit taping AMC.   I watch occasionally, but only Lish/Kendall scenes providing he's not in them.    Personally the writing/story telling on this show is going south very fast.    They've lost most of there characters/actors.

I'm now a OLTL show and would love for Zach to show up their with amnesia.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Christy, I have no idea who Dr. Drake Remoray is, but yes, Dr. Grief is a dud so far from what I hear!

searose, he was a stereotypical doctor soap character that Joey played on Friends (which I never watched once in all the years it was on, but now I'm hooked on the reruns, go figure). Here ya go:

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:

In any case, I have been getting regular commentary from someone who still watches, and Kendall isn't the only one who mentions Zach.  EVERYONE does, and it had me fuming mad that The Li'l Fucker himself was talking to himself and said something to the effect that he is all broken up about losing his "friend" Zach Such $&**(*&$^+#&$*^%&!!!

Oh, I know that everyone talks about Zach.  That is why I keep thinking "hhhmmmm" . . . WTF is up with this??!!  Oh, and the little fucker saying about "his friend" didn't go over well anywhere on line!!  LOL!!  Neither is the BIG fucker!!

Loved me some Dr. Remoray!!  LOL!!

June

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Oh Christy.....bwahahahahaha!

That scene is hysterical!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 
I don't remember a "dead" character ever getting so much screen and promo time either. Part of me is tickled that TPTB are forced to acknowledge that TK remains such a draw long after he left the building. But part of me is pissed that they exploit his image and Zach's memory.

But when I saw the promo, I howled when I saw Dr. Drake Remoray (LMAO!!!) and Little Ricky giving each other the eye. They are the lamest characters that ever lamed. Zach's picture has more life in it.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

OMG, thanks Christy!  I was a huge Friends fan, and I do remember all the episodes with Joey the soap star (I was so sorry when that gig ended), but I completely forgot his screen name, LOL.  Thanks for making me laugh again at the scene after so many years

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
Oh, and the little fucker saying about "his friend" didn't go over well anywhere on line!!  LOL!!  Neither is the BIG fucker!!

Loved me some Dr. Remoray!!  LOL!!

June

June, I was talking about The Rabid Rage Monkey when I mentioned the Li'l one, you are talking about two, so who is the BIG one you are talking about?

tjsmith

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
LMAO!!! Christy, you made my day!!! 

I love Friends and love that scene. I have heard many nicknames for the new doc but Dr. Drake Remoray takes the cake...perfect comparison! Lol.

As to AMC still milking every ounce of story there is out of Zach Slater...not surprising to me. BUT I won't let it pull me back in because in the end, it won't bring me the only result that would make me watch this crap show again...Zach Slater being alive and well. Not interested in watching the after affects of a character I love just push story for Kendall's next love(s). Ugh...no thanks.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
LMAO!  You guys are on a roll today with such accurate comparisons...Dr. Drake & Little Ricky.

I'm absolutely sure this has been more entertaining than the show.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #18 
Oh, I'm glad my comparison was such a hit (g). Everything reminds me of an old sitcom!

And it has nothing to do with Zach, I would have thought of Friends anyway - and Dr. Grief (snort!) also reminds me of the Friends episode with the guy Rachel goes out with who is all touchy feely with his sister. I saw a scene last month I think where Grief and his sister were at a bar or something and he  had his arm around her. My brain went straight to the Inappropriate Sister episode.  So  many Friends episodes, so little time...

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

June, I was talking about The Rabid Rage Monkey when I mentioned the Li'l one, you are talking about two, so who is the BIG one you are talking about?

Ryan is little fucker cuz we know he has a little one.  And Dr. McNOTZACH is the big fucker . . . just cuz he is a big fucker!!

LOL!!  OMG!!  I'm cracking myself up here.

I really, really need to go back to work!!

LOL!!

June

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

searose, he was a stereotypical doctor soap character that Joey played on Friends (which I never watched once in all the years it was on, but now I'm hooked on the reruns, go figure). Here ya go:

Christy, my parents never watched Friends when it aired for all those years, but  now like you they watch all the reruns and are hooked now too.lol. LOVED Joey he was my fav on friends. My brother tells me he is on some series on Showtime called episodes i think he said the show was called so i may have to check him out.lol.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally posted by Christy: Zach propped many worthless characters when he was alive...now that he's gone, his picture is propping them. And it speaks louder than words what a dud AMC's very own Dr. Drake Remoray is

Thanks Christy for the Friends clip with Joey playing Dr. Drake!!! lol I hadn't seen this clip before but it certainly sums up AMC's Dr. Grif MOOBS. Ha ha.

I have seen a few AMC clips and spoilers online and I am puzzled by the enormity of Zach references and the showing of his photo. Like june says "it gives us hope that Zach will return"; even if it maybe a false hope?
Giving us false hope is a very wicked thing to do; And to so many Fans!! 
AMC are dangling the proverbial carrot, to entice us to watch; And in such a way that has NEVER been done before, not even for a veteran actor, when they have left the show?

It begs two questions:
1. Is AMC so desperate for viewers they have resorted to pimping Zach?
OR
2. Are they trying/working on s/l to get TK/Zach back; And keeping his character live, so that the whole viewing audience doesn't forget him and moves on?
After all there are a few strange people out there that did not like Zach!!! and they would easily move on? (very strange in deed!!)

As for Dr. Grif MOOBS..........The character is duller than dish water! and the actor? I best keep that opinion to myself!! LOL
But one thing i feel sure about is, while Zach is being mentioned or his picture shown there will be NO moving on for Kendall. And if AMC do as they planned having Kendall move on with Dr. Grif MOOBS what few Zendall Fans that are still tuning in will quit watching. AM & JV have NO on screen chemistry, not a flicker, I'll go so far, to say they barley have enough good vibes between them for on screen friends. But this is a reflection on the writing for each character, not necessarily the actors!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Well, it appears that on today's show, Little Ricky had a nefarious conversation with nefarious unseen person and said that he needs K to continue to see him as the friendly neighborhood minister and NOT the man who "killed" her husband. 

Charming!  This is the dude that the writers saw fit to perform Zach's memorial service.  GAH!

I predict Dr. Drake Remoray to the rescue now.

And I still say Zach isn't "dead".  He parachuted out of the plane before it went boom.  He's on a tropical island, suffering from amnesia and being nursed back to health by a beautiful woman who is completely devoted to him and who he feels the same way about.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

And I still say Zach isn't "dead".  He parachuted out of the plane before it went boom.  He's on a tropical island, suffering from amnesia and being nursed back to health by a beautiful woman who is completely devoted to him and who he feels the same way about.

Works for me!

So Little Ricky is a fake? Gasp! Well, I must say that it does seem as if AMC  is determined to leave us in no doubt of the (awesomely ripped) manhood of its very own Dr. Drake Remoray... instead of sending him down an elevator shaft, they're putting him up against the eeeeeevil Father Statefarm!

:::: returns to Hazel rerun :::::

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

So Little Ricky is a fake? Gasp! Well, I must say that it does seem as if AMC  is determined to leave us in no doubt of the (awesomely ripped) manhood of its very own Dr. Drake Remoray... instead of sending him down an elevator shaft, they're putting him up against the eeeeeevil Father Statefarm!

LMAO!!!!  So many appropriate nicknames...so little time!!!!!  LOL! 

I don't even have to watch to know it was a foregone conclusion that the EFSF's purpose was solely to prop Dr. Drake...so that he'll be the one to saaave the fair damsel Kendall in the end and show everyone that he's as heroic as Zach was.   Writers were pimping Dr. Remoray and GriefKEN as the end game and a story of true love even before Zach met his untimely "death" on screen.

Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Dr. Drake...great one Christy! I watched Friends all the time and I do remember his soap career. If this AMC doc is not the worstest ever I don't know my long viewing soaps. Can't stand him and his soapy fake presence. I can't stand his wimpy voice...oh that voice of TK and his powerful presence..how can you compare. I see this way this is going with Dr. Drake to the rescue of Kendall while they trash the minister who probably was part of the plot to kill our hero. I don't watch much...a couple of times a week, a few minutes at that and just find it hysterical that they have to use TK/Zach to get attention on Kendall and the show. They should be paying him for this. So glad you found Friends Christy and can find the humor in all this. LOL

zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Christy - thank-you for my laugh for the day!!  I wouldn't be at all surprised if the underwhelming Dr. CastEEEEEEYYYO wrote his lines on his hand/arm!
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

Kathy, all I wanta know is where do you see "Hazel" reruns???  I'd kill to have that on my cable!  I love me some Hazel!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
LMAO!!!!  So many appropriate nicknames...so little time!!!!!  LOL! 

I know! They pretty much write themselves! (That said, while I find Fr. Little Ricky, OBF, (Order of Brian Frons) (think he's on Father Clarence's Satanic payroll?) to be a ludicrously unbelievable character, I've always liked Eddie Matos and really appreciated the nice things he said about TK when they were both on PC).

Quote:
I don't even have to watch to know it was a foregone conclusion that the EFSF's purpose was solely to prop Dr. Drake...so that he'll be the one to saaave the fair damsel Kendall in the end and show everyone that he's as heroic as Zach was.   Writers were pimping Dr. Remoray and GriefKEN as the end game and a story of true love even before Zach met his untimely "death" on screen.

And that's where they went wrong because you can lead viewers to drugged Kool-Aid but you sure as fuck can't make them all drink it.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

Kathy, all I wanta know is where do you see "Hazel" reruns???  I'd kill to have that on my cable!  I love me some Hazel!

Sharon, it's a new channel called Antenna TV that I noticed recently had been added to my cable lineup so check to see if you have it. It shows a lot of '60's/'70's sitcoms and TV shows.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Ditto to most comments.    I can't watch this show as the writers make no sense whatsoever.

Alina, me too, on Zach still being alive and with amnesia.  

Kathy/Christy, I'm going to look for that channel as well, I loved those shows from back then.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly
Ditto to most comments.    I can't watch this show as the writers make no sense whatsoever.

Alina, me too, on Zach still being alive and with amnesia.  

Kathy/Christy, I'm going to look for that channel as well, I loved those shows from back then.

I was watching Good Times on it last week and who should appear but a very young Debbi Morgan!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
I've always liked Eddie Matos and really appreciated the nice things he said about TK when they were both on PC).

Me too!  I remember it well...so I have a soft spot for him.  As a matter of fact...here it is plus a few from other PC castmates:

Eddie Matos:  "Who doesn't turn to Thorsten Kaye for advice? He's like Big Papa around here. We always go and knock on his door when any question needs to be answered."
 —Eddie Matos (Ricky)  

Erin Hershey Presley:   "Whenever I have a question about something that I'm not sure of or I need some insight on, I always go to Thorsten. He's so generous and kind, and he's willing to give you his time. If you should ever need it, all you have to do is say, 'Thorsten, I need to talk to you.' And, I swear, it seems like he drops everything. He'll talk to you about everything -- professional to personal."
—Erin Hershey Presley (Alison)  

Lynn Herring:   "I haven't worked with anybody the same way that I work with Thorsten. I love working with him. For some reason, we're on the exact same track of what we hope for, and our professional standards are the same. It's such a pleasure. Plus, we drink beer and we like hockey [laughs]! So, who could ask for more?"
—Lynn Herring (Lucy)  

Nolan North:  
"If I had my choice as an actor, I would want my character to be involved in a storyline with Thorsten Kaye. He is the best actor on this show.  He works harder than anyone, and he thinks beyond the page.  When you get to work with an actor like Thorsten, you learn...and it's a treat! I've been on this show since the beginning. Sometimes you have those days where you think you've pretty much got it. Then somebody like Thorsten will come along and say a line a little differently, and it makes you listen again and reminds you of what you're supposed to do. I watch him take out lines and add things -- he does it professionally, of course, going to the producers ahead of time -- and he works desperately hard to make everything make sense. I think he's phenomenal."
—Nolan North (Chris)

RJ4

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #33 

I have to admit I have not watched AMC since Zach/TK left. I only started to watch the show because I liked Zach/TK. Without him on it, I seem not to be drawn to watch it. I am not even doing this or saying this to be defiant. It has just happened naturally. Of course, if he came back for 'real' or for good  not just a tease, I am sure that I would start watching again.  He really drew and attracted me to the show. 

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Post by Alina: As a matter of fact...here it is plus a few from other PC cast mates:
Eddie Matos:  "Who doesn't turn to Thorsten Kaye for advice? He's like Big Papa around here. We always go and knock on his door when any question needs to be answered."
 —Eddie Matos (Ricky)  
Erin Hershey Presley:   "Whenever I have a question about something that I'm not sure of or I need some insight on, I always go to Thorsten. He's so generous and kind, and he's willing to give you his time. If you should ever need it, all you have to do is say, 'Thorsten, I need to talk to you.' And, I swear, it seems like he drops everything. He'll talk to you about everything -- professional to personal."
—Erin Hershey Presley (Alison)  
Lynn Herring:   "I haven't worked with anybody the same way that I work with Thorsten. I love working with him. For some reason, we're on the exact same track of what we hope for, and our professional standards are the same. It's such a pleasure. Plus, we drink beer and we like hockey [laughs]! So, who could ask for more?"
—Lynn Herring (Lucy)  
Nolan North:   "If I had my choice as an actor, I would want my character to be involved in a storyline with Thorsten Kaye. He is the best actor on this show.  He works harder than anyone, and he thinks beyond the page.  When you get to work with an actor like Thorsten, you learn...and it's a treat! I've been on this show since the beginning. Sometimes you have those days where you think you've pretty much got it. Then somebody like Thorsten will come along and say a line a little differently, and it makes you listen again and reminds you of what you're supposed to do. I watch him take out lines and add things -- he does it professionally, of course, going to the producers ahead of time -- and he works desperately hard to make everything make sense. I think he's phenomenal."
—Nolan North (Chris)

Thanks for posting these quotes from past cast mates of Thorsten's It's great to learn that he is thought of so highly, by his colleagues too. :-) And quotes like these gives us a better insight to the kind of Mahn he isand his unique talents. TK is the Ultermate Professional.
And this is why we all love him so?!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 

Quote:
Well, it appears that on today's show, Little Ricky had a nefarious conversation with nefarious unseen person and said that he needs K to continue to see him as the friendly neighborhood minister and NOT the man who "killed" her husband. 

Charming!  This is the dude that the writers saw fit to perform Zach's memorial service.  GAH!

I predict Dr. Drake Remoray to the rescue now.

Alina, I don't have the stomach to watch the show, but I still get ABC hotsheet, and I think I read that Little Ricky and Kendall are supposed to share a kiss this week?  Again, "GAAH!" that Zach's killer is the first man Zach's "grieving" widow will kiss?

Quote:

I am so glad this is turning into a chorus now

Kathy, "Fr. Little Ricky, OBF, (Order of Brian Frons)"???????????  I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time   You ladies really have a way with words!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 

In addition to Zach being mentioned every other minute by every other character, do you know what else I notice whenever I see promos or look at ABC Hotsheets?  Every other person is in ZACH's house in what probably is every other scene.  I guess Cara is rooming with Kendall, that gives Grief and her enough excuse to hang out there.  Rylee supposedly are always there for whatever excuses they have.  And in today's Hotsheet, Wendy Malik, who is supposed to be guest appearing next week, is shown with Erica, guess where?  At Casa Slater, of course!  May be they are saving money on other sets, but TIIC are probably USING Zach's popularity there too!

howru

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Zach does get a lot screen time even when he's not there. it pisses me off that they didn't do this when he was actually alive.
TK should get paid for this. I mean, don't hollywood actors get paid for reruns.
I like how kendall is still mourning but I don't know how I am supposed to like her and this new doctor who acts like zach together.
I know TK won't move his family to LA for AMC but just like some of you, there is some kind of tiny, little hope that he might come back for a temporary storyline especially if alicia decides to leave.
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by howru
I don't know how I am supposed to like her and this new doctor who acts like zach together.

I keep up with the spoilers and AMC discussion (for Zach mentions) and haven't watched more than 5 minutes of a handful of episodes since TK's been gone (and those handful of times is only because I get distracted at work and forget to change the channel).  I watched only the first scene yesterday between (Grieffen and Diane(?) in the hospital and that scene alone qualifies me to say that the new doctor is nothing like Zach!  OMG...it was so horrible it was comical.  In his dreams; he wishes he had 1/1000 of Zach's charm, sexiness, presence, ability to get under a woman's skin, ability to make a grown man piss his pants in fear, etc. etc., lol. Zach is one of kind character played by a one of a kind actor.  Apples...oranges.  No comparison!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:

Quote:
I don't know how I am supposed to like her and this new doctor who acts like zach together.

I watched only the first scene yesterday between (Grieffen and Diane(?) in the hospital and that scene alone qualifies me to say that the new doctor is nothing like Zach!  OMG...it was so horrible it was comical.  In his dreams; he wishes he had 1/1000 of Zach's charm, sexiness, presence, ability to get under a woman's skin, ability to make a grown man piss his pants in fear, etc. etc., lol. Zach is one of kind character played by a one of a kind actor.  Apples...oranges.  No comparison!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto Alina!  I get to hear some rants.....er........ I mean commentary almost daily.  The only time I actually catch any scene is if I am stuck on a call and can't leave the room quickly enough (and then I scream "my eyes!  my eyes!").  He comes across SO smug, it is nauseating.  He is never going to give me palpitations even if he stood there stark naked.  He is nothing, I mean NOTHING like Zach.  I don't see a single trait in him that is similar to Zach.  As far as looks/charm/sexiness oozing out of every inch of his skin/self-confidence/voice/eyes/any-damn-thing, they are more like apple vs. teeny tiny blueberry, LOL.  Just because he is supposed to be Kendall's next bed buddy, it doesn't mean he will ever take Zach's place.  Neither in PV, nor in our hearts!

Having said that, I do feel bad for the actor, he probably had no idea how high our expectations would be (if we were still watching, that is).  BTW, for those who don't know, Diane is supposed to be the bitch that was stealing from the casino (her appearance, portrayal was also comical though). 

The worst, absolutely worst part of catching the beginning of AMC for me is when the music comes to where Zach's image used to appear in the old photo album credits, it simply breaks my heart all over again!

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Post By Searose:
Quote:

Quote:

I watched only the first scene yesterday between (Grieffen and Diane(?) in the hospital and that scene alone qualifies me to say that the new doctor is nothing like Zach!  OMG...it was so horrible it was comical.  In his dreams; he wishes he had 1/1000 of Zach's charm, sexiness, presence, ability to get under a woman's skin, ability to make a grown man piss his pants in fear, etc. etc., lol. Zach is one of kind character played by a one of a kind actor.  Apples...oranges.  No comparison!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto Alina!  I get to hear some rants.....er........ I mean commentary almost daily.  The only time I actually catch any scene is if I am stuck on a call and can't leave the room quickly enough (and then I scream "my eyes!  my eyes!").  He comes across SO smug, it is nauseating.  He is never going to give me palpitations even if he stood there stark naked.  He is nothing, I mean NOTHING like Zach.  I don't see a single trait in him that is similar to Zach.  As far as looks/charm/sexiness oozing out of every inch of his skin/self-confidence/voice/eyes/any-damn-thing, they are more like apple vs. teeny tiny blueberry, LOL.  Just because he is supposed to be Kendall's next bed buddy, it doesn't mean he will ever take Zach's place.  Neither in PV, nor in our hearts!

Having said that, I do feel bad for the actor, he probably had no idea how high our expectations would be (if we were still watching, that is).  BTW, for those who don't know, Diane is supposed to be the bitch that was stealing from the casino (her appearance, portrayal was also comical though). 

The worst, absolutely worst part of catching the beginning of AMC for me is when the music comes to where Zach's image used to appear in the old photo album credits, it simply breaks my heart all over again!

DITTO, DITTO - DITTO!!!!
I put myself through hell and back watching AMC....without Zach on canvas!! I do this for approx 1hr per wk. and that is as much as I can bear...and only so that I can keep, sort of up to date with what is going on. All the while hoping for a sign that TK/Zach will be returning :-(
Dr Griffin MOOBS (JV)..........IS CRINGE WORTHY.....How on earth did this man get an Emmy???
LOL .....Apples and Oranges - Apples and teeny tiny Blueberry!!!
JV isn't worthy of any comparison to TK, not even as a FRUIT!! 
Funny thing is JV/Griffin is a LOT like CM/Ryan as an actor and character......Useless/Controlling, condescending Male chauvinistic ASS's.....

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 

What does MOOBS stand for?

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah

What does MOOBS stand for?

Man with Boobs!  Are you sorry you asked?  LOL.

Mandy, if you are watching the crapfest because you are looking for a sign for Zach's return, I would suggest you stop torturing yourself and rely on the one and only real source of info that is this board

As for JV, I have not seen him in any other show, so I would not comment on his Emmy-worthy-ness.  May be the other role was a right fit for him.  A lot of times, the actors do their best, it is the "writers" that fuck up the characters so badly that we the audience don't accept them. 

I heard yesterday's show was set in twilight zone   Grief comes FROM PVH to ThadeAss' place looking for Cara while she is AT PVH being interrogated, then his mother comes FROM PVH to Kwak's looking for Cara while she is AT PVH with Grief and so on..........  But my mind went somewhere else listening to all this:  They treated most of the Santos clan pretty badly, esp. the way they made caricature of Papa Santos, and then, one at a time, the entire clan is gone.  The worst was total lack of Hoolia's funeral/memorial.  Now they are bringing in another Hispanic family in to the show, one member at a time?  I hope they will be treated with dignity!

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
You know, I didn't see today's show, but I read about Kendall's speech about her and Zach's love to the pretender today.

It really makes me scratch my head.  They pimp the new idiot as if he is the second coming, yet every word out of Kendall's mouth to him is about Zach.  He is mentioned every single day.  How can the audience ever move on from Zach??  Not that I ever would, but you know what I mean.

So, either AMC has every intention of bringing TK back as Zach Slater or they are much more stupid than I ever thought they were.

And Griffin ain't bringing in the ratings . . . and there isn't much talk about him at all.

June

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
I know  Kendall is talking about Zach all the time.You would think they would want to move on,but loving they are talking about him as that gives us hope.

Now i have no hope left for Dorothy&Caleb.lol.I was so loving them and now she goes back to Jack.What was the purpose of all this time making it seem like they would be together.With Jack it's the same old thing over&over with them.Now that was my only reason for watching since Zach left.I don't want him with Opal or KWAK.I am bummed.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
-snip-I think strictly Zach/TK fans have probably already left the building, -snip-

Sing it, sistah.  I barely stuck around for the funeral.  Srsly.
Quote:

IF TK ever returns to AMC...then they'll have me back as a viewer.  Until then, I don't care how many times Zach's name is mentioned or how many times they use his "likeness" to get me to watch.  It ain't happening!  When I want to "see" pictures of Thorsten/Zach, I come here. 

A-freakin'-men.
Quote:

It really pisses me off that Zach is "dead" and TK is off contract but yet they continue to USE/exploit him for their own gains.

C'mon, Alina, you knew they were going to keep using TK's likeness and the magic he created for their own ends, without having to actually pay him for keeping their show on the air.   I for one won't spend a single second of my time supporting their show or their greed.  Won't. Happen. Ever.  I'm permanently gone, unless TK returns to the show.  Personally I hope he'll go back to OLTL or co-hosts with Kelly before he ever agrees to go back to AMC. 

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Quote:
-snip-I think strictly Zach/TK fans have probably already left the building, -snip-

Sing it, sistah.  I barely stuck around for the funeral.  Srsly.
Quote:

IF TK ever returns to AMC...then they'll have me back as a viewer.  Until then, I don't care how many times Zach's name is mentioned or how many times they use his "likeness" to get me to watch.  It ain't happening!  When I want to "see" pictures of Thorsten/Zach, I come here. 

A-freakin'-men.
Quote:

C'mon, Alina, you knew they were going to keep using TK's likeness and the magic he created for their own ends, without having to actually pay him for keeping their show on the air.   I for one won't spend a single second of my time supporting their show or their greed.  Won't. Happen. Ever.  I'm permanently gone, unless TK returns to the show.  Personally I hope he'll go back to OLTL or co-hosts with Kelly before he ever agrees to go back to AMC. 

Gina/Alina, I'm right with you and I have the time to watch if I wanted to, however this show that I remember the day it debuted is not even recognizable.      I want better for TK than what this show is offering.    Let's get him at least some guests spots on Live with Kelly then push for him as a permanent and/or OLTL, Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck is where I would love to see him.   They film that show right in NYC.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #47 
I would just like to say...GO to ABC.com....and AMC site..and tell them what you are telling them here.  I have been doing just that.Zack was the Rock to the show...and as someone pointed out...He pulled a lot of things together...Now its just a stupid jumbled up mess.  Of course they are covering their Hineys till they can think of something better ...while in the mean time driving off more watchers...REPLACE THE WRITERS NOT THE ACTORS

..there are some good charecters there...MINUS ONE ZACH...BUT TK is the only one that can play Zach.  SO make you thoughts heard on ABC, ALL MY CHILDREN SIte.  I WANT TK BACK AS ZACH  but I want his story line to be GREAT....not just more jumbled mess.
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly
I want better for TK than what this show is offering.    Let's get him at least some guests spots on Live with Kelly then push for him as a permanent and/or OLTL, Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck is where I would love to see him.   They film that show right in NYC.

Waves to Gina!

Bev, I agree...Thorsten would be great on Blue Bloods, but then again, he'd be great anywhere.  I want to hit something every time I see a new series being picked up & cast or see the hack, David Caruso's ugly mug, starring in his own successful series (albeit cheesy series in large part due to his extreme lack of talent & overall grossness, lol).  I feel particularly nauseous every Tuesday night when I sit down to watch Detroit 1-8-7.  It's a good show (tho not sure it's doing well enough in the rating to be renewed) and I think..."TK/Detroit...how could he not be in this"?

I miss Thorsten  

toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #49 
Haven't watched since TK left (after 30 years of watching) and don't have any intention of watching this CRAP.   I miss him terribly but I don't want him back there not with these writers.   He's so much better than this and I think he saw the writing on the wall and knew he would never get a story so why bother.    I think if he were there today he'd be getting an ulcer over the stories or lack thereof.   Everything is plot crap.   Sure they're still using Zach's name every day because they're trying to get the Zach/Zen fans to keep watching but I don't want to hear his name I want THE MAHN nothing else will do.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #50 
Sigh...miss him something fierce!

That is all

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.