Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 

The official book signing starting time is 1:00PM but it might be a good idea to get there a little ahead of time, say 15-20 minutes or so. Ideally we would like to start the check in early so the festivities can begin promptly.

However, if you arrive early and for some unforeseen reason we aren't ready yet, there is plenty of room to wait. Check out the Hudson River esplanade directly across the street from Trinity with its view of the Manhattan skyline (this restaurant is really in a beautiful setting!).

Below are directions from the Jersey City Marriott Courtyard and Doubletree. (If you're staying elsewhere in Jersey City and you still need directions, let us know, and/or directions to Trinity from various points are included on their web site.)

Driving directions for both the Doubletree and the Marriott:

1. Go North on Washington Boulevard (although this would be a left turn from the Doubletree parking lot, you can only make a right turn from the lot, so make a U-turn at the next light) until it curves around and becomes 18th Street - this is just a few blocks. 
  2. Turn right at the first light, which is Marin. 
  3. Turn right at the first light, which is Observer Highway. 
  4. Turn left on Washington Street. 
  5. Turn right on Third Street. 
  6. In the last block before you hit the waterfront (and Sinatra Drive), you will see a garage driveway on your left. This is the closest garage to park in; Trinity is around the next corner to your left.
  7. If you're taking a cab, just direct the driver to Third and Sinatra Drive.  

Total travel time:  About 5 minutes, 10 if there's a bit of traffic. 

PATH directions:
Pick up the PATH immediately next door to the left of the Marriott.  Board the train going to Hoboken - it's clearly marked. When you get out, you're pretty much on Sinatra Drive.  Go north about 5 blocks and you're at the restaurant.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Kathy,

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson....at 2 Exchange Place and I was wondering the proximity to Trinity Rest. & time of

travel from there, if you know?

Also, if the public transit is close by there. 

Do you know if any other husbands/men are attending?  My husband wants to know if he's the only other guy!  Believe it or not, he's taking me for our

35th anniv! 

Sharon

Sharon
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

Kathy,

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson....at 2 Exchange Place and I was wondering the proximity to Trinity Rest. & time of

Do you know if any other husbands/men are attending?  My husband wants to know if he's the only other guy!  Believe it or not, he's taking me for our

35th anniv! 

Sharon

Sharon, I've run your question about the Hyatt Regency past Gina.

Tell your hubby there will be at least six or seven other guys in attendance (most are fellow hubbies). Greater love hath no man.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

Kathy,

35th anniv! 

Sharon

You aren't far from the other hotels - you just need to go west a few blocks to get to Washington Blvd. (head away from Manhattan to go west!), then turn right onto Washington.  Then follow the directions above.  It's another 2-3 minutes further into Jersey City than Marriott and Doubletree.  You're also right near the Light Rail and the PATH station at Exchange Place, so you have public transportation in abundance to Hoboken and Manhattan.  Of course, the other two hotels also are right near rail stops for both of those trains, too.  The Light Rail is $1.75 and the PATH is $1.50.

Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Thanks Kathy.

TK4EVER

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Christy or any of the webmasters:

Do u know how to get from the courtyard mariott in Manhattan on 40th street to Trinity in Hoboken.  Please let me know if you or anyone knows where that maybe.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Thanks Kathy and Gina.

Enis

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Thanks Kathy for the information.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK4EVER

Christy or any of the webmasters:

Do u know how to get from the courtyard mariott in Manhattan on 40th street to Trinity in Hoboken.  Please let me know if you or anyone knows where that maybe.

Walk about 7 blocks south to the PATH station at 33rd and Broadway.  Take the PATH to Hoboken.

Get off the PATH in Hoboken.  Walk about 5 blocks north to Trinity.

TK4EVER

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Hey gals, can you tell me if I can take the PATH from Courtyard Marriott on 3rd avenue in Manhattan to Trinity in Hoboken.  Is that the easiest way, I've tried to research it but I'm not too familier with Manhattan or Hoboken.

Thanks,

TK4EVER

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.