Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

This book intrigued me - but I couldn't find it at Amazon or Barnes & Noble - Is this one of TK's ?? Does anyone know the book? or author? or did I get the title wrong??

Ande
Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Bonnie, you got the title right, but I could not make out the author.  I've tried searching for it by title as well and haven't had any luck -- not even the Library of Congress.  I'm hoping perhaps Kathy, Christy, or Gina will be able to find out from TK some specific information (please?).  I must confess that even hearing him read it made me cry.  It's a wonderful story...

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivated

Bonnie, you got the title right, but I could not make out the author. I've tried searching for it by title as well and haven't had any luck -- not even the Library of Congress. I'm hoping perhaps Kathy, Christy, or Gina will be able to find out from TK some specific information (please?). I must confess that even hearing him read it made me cry. It's a wonderful story...

A Little Bird(ie) told me that he didn't write the original poem. He put some of his own little touches in it, though.  We could all tell! The book was just for the show. (We can all stop searching on Amazon now...damn you're good! I never thought of the LOC!)

It's just so wrenching and painfully ironic that lil Ian has the best poetry reciter on the planet for a dad, and they are separated by glass...and Spike can't hear him, either.

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

Bonnie, you got the title right, but I could not make out the author. I've tried searching for it by title as well and haven't had any luck -- not even the Library of Congress. I'm hoping perhaps Kathy, Christy, or Gina will be able to find out from TK some specific information (please?). I must confess that even hearing him read it made me cry. It's a wonderful story...

A Little Bird(ie) told me that he didn't write the original poem. He put some of his own little touches in it, though.  We could all tell! The book was just for the show. (We can all stop searching on Amazon now...damn you're good! I never thought of the LOC!)

It's just so wrenching and painfully ironic that lil Ian has the best poetry reciter on the planet for a dad, and they are separated by glass...and Spike can't hear him, either.

Well, you both beat me, I just googled it, and came up with some song lyrics, which I didn't bother to pursue.  But, I don't care what Zach reads to Ian, or Spike, I just love to hear him read something....or anything.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:

Awww yes.Thank you for letting us know Christy.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

Awww yes.Thank you for letting us know Christy.

My pleasure, Mary .

Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Thank you, Christy.  I'm not surprised to hear that "someone" added a few little touches.  People on other boards have been talking about that "book" as well.  It's too bad it's not a real book, because sales would have increased tremendously. 

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Christy thanks for your informaiton - breaks my heart as they could have made a fortune ! well not a fortune but the sales would have soared today!! something else for you  ladies to think about......

Ande
tkrocks

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie

Christy thanks for your informaiton - breaks my heart as they could have made a fortune ! well not a fortune but the sales would have soared today!! something else for you  ladies to think about......

Yep, I'd buy a recording of TK reciting children's literature, poems or otherwise, and I don't even have any kids. I'm sure I'd fall asleep having sweet dreams then--hehehe Hell, he could recite the phone book and I'd be mesmirized (sp?). Thanks for letting us know who was responsible for the "book," Christy.

Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.--Peter Ustinov
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Now why I am not surprised that someone added a few touches here and there.   I just loved The Littlest Bird.

TK can read me a story anytime. LOL

Thanks Fil!
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Thanks for sharing the info, Christy!  It doesn't surprise me that a certain someone had put his own little touches in the poem.  AMC/ABC are really missing out on some great promotional material.  Can you imagine if they sold those little books, or audio books with TK's voice?
Truly ironic, neither of the little boys can hear daddy reciting poetry right now, but I am hopeful that both will be able to hear him soon, surgery or not.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Thanks for the info. Christy.  The book was so perfect and also the one reading it.  Love hearing his voice, it is so soothing.  Driving with his cd playing is hazardous to others health.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
The Mahn can read the phone book and make me want to buy it.  Seriously, he should give some thoughts to a one man show and just read something anything.  Now that would be better than SSW.
Jan

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
I've said it before and I'll say it again...
WHY oh WHY didn't they cast our mahn in the movie version of Inkheart about a man who can read characters to life with his incredible voice.  If ever there was a perfect match of character and actor this would have been it.  Instead they cast Brendan Fraser (Yawn )

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Hi: I'm new to this site, but glad I found it. I loved 'The Littlest Bird' story and scene on AMC. Glad to know others were touched by it as well. More importantly, the meaning behind it. I love stories that have an impact on both the child listening and the person reading. Would someone please let me know if this story ever becomes available? (A new TK project, perhaps?) My boys would love it. Thanks!!

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy
Thanks for the info. Christy.  The book was so perfect and also the one reading it.  Love hearing his voice, it is so soothing.  Driving with his cd playing is hazardous to others health.

Cindy, you got THAT right!  In fact, a mutual friend of ours told me that she once missed her exit, TWICE, on a FAMILIAR stretch of freeway, listening to TK reading!  I was cracking up until I tried it one day and I can NOT drive while listening to it.  It's too soothing, too relaxing, and way too absorbing to hear while trying to concentrate on the road.  I'm afraid that man and his voice deserve one's FULL attention.

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba

Hi: I'm new to this site, but glad I found it. I loved 'The Littlest Bird' story and scene on AMC. Glad to know others were touched by it as well. More importantly, the meaning behind it. I love stories that have an impact on both the child listening and the person reading. Would someone please let me know if this story ever becomes available? (A new TK project, perhaps?) My boys would love it. Thanks!!

Thorsten has written an entire book of his own original children's poems and the poems I've seen so far are simply magical. There is no release date for it yet, but we will have it when it is available. Here is a sample:

Also, when he played Ian Thornhart on PC, Thorsten did write a poem for the birth of Ian and Eve's son Danny. Here's a clip of Ian reciting it to Eve:

Daniel [Size: 6.38MB]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Thorsten has written an entire book of his own original children's poems and the poems I've seen so far are simply magical. There is no release date for it yet, but we will have it when it is available. Here is a sample:

Also, when he played Ian Thornhart on PC, Thorsten did write a poem for the birth of Ian and Eve's son Danny. Here's a clip of Ian reciting it to Eve:

Daniel [Size: 6.38MB]

What can I say?  The man is BRILLIANT!!!!!!  Thanks for posting this, Kathy, and of course, the clip of Daniel that I know so well!  I can NOT wait until we can buy his new book!

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.