Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Thank you, Thorsten for giving us the incredible gift of Zach Slater for the past 6 years.  Though we knew it was coming, I think we're all a little shell-shocked to think that this is really it.  We may have differing opinions about storylines and other characters in Zach's life, but one thing we all agree on is that Pine Valley will never be the same.  Your portrayal of this amazing man has touched us in a way that no other tv character ever has, and I'm afraid ever will.  That stroll down memory lane this week brought it all home for me and made me realize what we'll be missing, and at the same time, made me happy to have had the opportunity to get to know Zach Slater. 
I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that I hope to see you in some other role again, very soon.  Life without Zach Slater is one thing, but life without Thorsten Kaye is not acceptable!  Please know that we wish you all the best, and look forward to your next venture. 

Cheers! 
Anne

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Well said Anne!!! And I echo your feelings.
I too am truly thankful to have had the pleasure of watching TK/Zach. Zach Slater will forever be in my heart ALWAYS.
Thorsten,

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM
Thank you, Thorsten for giving us the incredible gift of Zach Slater for the past 6 years.  Though we knew it was coming, I think we're all a little shell-shocked to think that this is really it.  We may have differing opinions about storylines and other characters in Zach's life, but one thing we all agree on is that Pine Valley will never be the same.  Your portrayal of this amazing man has touched us in a way that no other tv character ever has, and I'm afraid ever will.  That stroll down memory lane this week brought it all home for me and made me realize what we'll be missing, and at the same time, made me happy to have had the opportunity to get to know Zach Slater. 
I know I speak for a lot of people when I say that I hope to see you in some other role again, very soon.  Life without Zach Slater is one thing, but life without Thorsten Kaye is not acceptable!  Please know that we wish you all the best, and look forward to your next venture. 

Cheers! 
Anne

Anne, I'm just going to agree with everything you said so eloquently, since I'm a little too depressed right now to think of my own words.  Anyway- there are no words.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Beautiful post Anne! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM

Cheers! 
Anne

Beautifully put, Anne. 

Thanks Fil!
Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Very true words Ann. I didn't allow myself to get my hopes up and think he was coming back to stay. I feel fortunate to have had TK/Zach on my screen for the last 2+ years and will miss them both greatly! Zach Slater is/was one of a kind and that was thanks to TK!! Hopefully we will see him soon somewhere else.
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Anne, very well put and I would like to duplicate.   I also would like to add how he's touched my life over the past 6 years on screen and a little over 4 years ago at his booksigning where I met him in person.   In addition to getting to know TK/Zach Slater, I was blessed by the great friends I've met through the admiration we all share for TK.     Wishing him and his family all the best and hope he finds the role he is so deserving, but don't stay away too long.
Love, Beverly

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks, Anne...that was beautiful. I seem to be having trouble finding many words of my own these days so I really appreciate yours!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
    I second Anne's post. For me the last 6 years have revolved around Zach Slater and the wonderful man that breathed such life into him. I can honestly say that he became a part of me and in some ways changed who I am.

Thorsten, I know it's going to hurt like hell when you're gone, but I am so grateful to have had the chance to find you and love you. I was lucky enough to be able to sit and talk with you twice. Those precious memories of you, on and off screen, are my greatest treasures. Please be happy in whatever you choose to do next. I will TRY to wait patiently, but the truth is I know my every thought will be a wish that you will return to us somehow, somewhere,  SOON. Thank you for what you have given me; Thank you for existing.

Love...  always .... no matter what

Pat
AlwaysOnlyYou99

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Thank You Anne for the beautiful words. Yes we all can agree that Zach Slater is the best of the best. I had never felt this way about a fic character before. Zach Slater has become a part of me. And I love that I got the chance to know him. Thorsten Kaye, you are truly a wonderful actor and person, and I will miss you and Zach tremendously. Thank You Thorsten for 6 wonderful years. Watching you and Alicia has made me so so happy. I will forever have those memories. Thank You again.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Anne, thank you for stating this so beautifully!  ITA with everything you said.  Yes, life in PV will never be the same, and neither will be my lunch hour!  Whoever said it is better to have loved and lost.......... heck, he sure knew what he was talking about!  I am SO very grateful to have known Zach, to have had him as a part of my daily life for the past six and a half years!  This week, the pain may feel like it is unbearable, but the joy I had from watching Zach, and will continue to derive from watching my Zach DVDs, is immeasurable!  Zach Slater is the most complete character, the most beautiful (and those smoldering looks don't hurt the eyes either  ) character I have ever watched on screen!  I STILL maintain my belief that Zach Slater is NOT a fictional character, LOL, and it's all because of the most amazing, most wonderfully talented Mr. Kaye, the master of his art, who brought Zach to life for us, made him so real for us!

I join everyone here in wishing all the best for you Mr. Kaye and for your family!  Whatever your next project, we will be here, cheering you on!  Thank you for giving us the precious gift of Zach Slater, and greedy and selfish as I am, I anxiously look forward to your next gift to us!  Please don't be gone for too long

Thank you Mods, for all your hard work and updates, and for giving us this place to come show our appreciation for the Mahn's work !

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I've been having a hard time posting in this thread.  There is so much to say, but I'm not very good at putting my thoughts and feelings into words.  But some of you other ladies have done a beautiful job of conveying what I am feeling.

So, I will just say thank you TK.  You have given me 6 years of Zach Slater and I have loved every single minute of it.  The cyber friends I have made are now life long friends.  I may never meet any of them, but I call them friends.

My heart is absolutely broken that you are not going to be on the show anymore.  I have watched soaps for many, many years and never has a character captured me the way Zach Slater has.  I've loved all of TK's characters, but there was something about Zach that was just different and I got sucked right into the craziness of being like a teenager again with my fandom.

I will miss see Zach/TK everyday, and will pray to the soap gods that somehow, someday we get him back.

June

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.