Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
KimPetro

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I had such a great time at yet another successful booksigning.
You all are such great fun people!

I'll be loading some pictures soon I hope.  Camera software is challenging me
but I'll find a way!

Salad and parsley, are for moms to stay thinner...Thorsten Kaye

LOVE LIFE...Tami Evans Foster

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened" author unknown
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Thank you all from me also!!! What a wonderful day we had.  Got there a little late but it was right on time. There is nothing better than hugs and love from Thorsten. I can't go to other pa's to see him but this I can.   Can't walk very well today but I will enjoy doing nothing but thinking about yesterday. This is what memories are and thank you one and all for doing this. and man doesn't he smell awesome. Next job for Kathy, Christy and Gina to bottle that up!!! but thank you so very much.. We had a blast.....

I just want to add that its also a pleasure to see old friends - Sharon and I became good friends at the last signing and so nice to see her. Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

Ande
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I had a GREAT time yesterday! It was great seeing my board buddies again, and meeting some new people. Thanks Kathy, Christy and Gina and TK and Tami for a lovely time. Can't wait to do it again soon! LOL

P.S. Kim...when I click on your link it asks me for your password.

Thanks Fil!
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
No still at the hotel....basking in the afterglow. I'll be home around 6 tonite.

Thanks Fil!
Eleven81

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Kathy, Christy, and Gina for putting together such a wonderful event. I had a fabulous time. Most of all, thank you to Thorsten and Tami!!!

It was also such a treat to see everyone again and meet some new faces.

Monica

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Thanks for all of the messages - Is the next best thing to having been there - Peggy

KimPetro

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
OK Lets try this!

TKme.jpg picture by KimboPetroThis was before I spilled TK's beer all over the table!  How embarassing that was!  Believe it or not I only had 1 glass of "ICE WATER"!
TKsolid.jpg picture by KimboPetro This is WHY I spilled TK's beer all over the table...FYI  Had my purse hanging on my arm and it hit his glass.  SHIT!
Thorsten.jpg picture by KimboPetro Tami3.jpg picture by KimboPetro
Tgoodbeer.jpg picture by KimboPetro T.jpg picture by KimboPetro

I have many more, but I don't want to hog up the webpage.  I'll post more later!

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened" author unknown
KimPetro

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
One more for now!  My new mantra...I had TK and Tami sign it for me

Foodgroups.jpg Food Groups picture by KimboPetro

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Thanks for the wonderful pictures.  I'm so glad you all had a good time.   More, more pictures.  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Yea - I am with Donna - More pictures when you can - Am sure you don't have to cry about spilled beer - That was kind of funny - Peggy

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
'thanks so much to Kathy, Christy, and Gina, and of course Thorsten and Tami for the wonderful party!  I had a LARGE time!  It was so great to see so many old friends and to meet so many new ones.  A very special weekend in a lot of ways...

So I'm sitting in the airport wishing safe travels to all...

Much love and pics to come,

Kay

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Thank you so much ladies for sharing.And Kim,your too cute.Aww about spilling the beer,well accidents can happen...at least you didn't spill the beer on him.lol.Look at the way TK is smiling looking at you,awww.I'm with the ladies,would Love to see more pics and stories of your time there,when you get the time.Thanks again.

P.S.i would like to read your new mantra,Kim, but can't as it is too small of words for me to read.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #13 
I just wanted to say what a wonderful time I had yesterday. This was my first (won't be my last) fan event and it was awesome. I met so many nice people who traveled from all over the country to be there. I truly was amazed. Thorsten and Tami could not have been more warm and friendly to everyone who came. What sweet humble people they are. To have proceeds from the book sales, etc. going to charity, makes them even more gentler souls in my book.
Kathy, Christy and Gina, and all else involved did a fantabulous job. I could go on and on, but will spare you my babbling! So nice to have met you all !!
TK3.jpg picture by nutzynurse

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Thank you to Gina, Christy and Kathy for putting together a top notch event.  
A very special thank to Thorsten & Tami for all the pics and signings.

It was great to see all my friends from the board and hang out as well.

Take care,
Beverly

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Thank you Kathy, Christy and Gina for all your hard work in putting this book signing together. It was nice meeting everyone. I had such a wonderful time. Special thanks to Thorsten and Tami. Thank you Monica for taking such wonderful pics while I got my books signed.

Regards,
Patricia
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Thanks, Kathy, Christy & Gina & most especially to Thorsten & Tami for a really special & wonderful time!  Also just wonderful getting to see all of my amazing board friends, as well as making new ones.  There really are just no words to describe how awesome it all was & as Sandi so aptly put it- I am still basking in the afterglow & too starry-eyed to think of more for now.  The book is amazing in many ways & most of all in how it has brought us all together like this!  I am honored & privileged to be a small part of Thorsten's charity.  Tami- she is so sweet & so talented!  I think one of the best things was seeing Ande again & spending a little time with her- after 3 yrs of email friendship- how great was that!  Ande- so happy you & Donna made it!  I will have pix later- but it's been a very long day & I'm catching up.  Unforgettable!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Thank you Kathy, Christy and Gina for putting together a wonderful weekend, and a special "Thank you" to Thorsten and Tami.  It was perfect.  Will post later, we just got in, its 6.15pm. and 103 degrees.

Take care,
Enis

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Thanks for putting this together Gina, Kathy and Christy! Also a huge thank you to the warmth that both Tami and Thorsten showed to all. Meeting him was better then I could have imagined, to bad the main part of being next to him is a blur!

Thanks Fil!
cindyb148

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk205/cindyb148/Trinity%2009/

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk205/cindyb148/Trinity%2009/?albumview=slideshow  (slideshow)

I too want to add my thank you's for a womderful time. To Kathy,Christy and Gina a big thank you for all your hard work and patience. It was nice seeing you ladies again! To Thorsten, wow his warmth and generosity of spirit rivals none. Tami, it was a pleasure I hope we meet again. To all the ladies who sare the luv of all things TK meeting and talking with you all was like a family reunion(all the good parts,lol). Lookig forward to the next time we get together! I posted two links of some pictures I took at the event, I hope they work,I had my daughter help me, cause I don't have a clue! I hope everyones trip home was uneventful.
Take care,
Cindyb in Philly
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
AMEN to everything that has been said!!!  Thank you SO much, Kathy, Christy, Gina, Tami and Thorsten for organizing this and giving us so many more great memories.   The event/afternoon was one of the best ever!  Til the next time...hugs all around!

Alina

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

My thanks also to Kathy, Christy, and Gina, and of course, to Thorsten and Tami.  Another fabulous event, Ladies!  My apologies to Tami...I think after I said hi to her, and told her how beautiful I thought her illustrations were, I was in a TK "trance" and didn't say another word to her!!  TK opened his mouth, and it was all over for me!  He just has such a way of making you feel like he came there specifically to see you!  He was his usual handsome, gracious self, and even made it a point to go over and talk to Brian (the hub) for a few minutes...a real class-act!  Can't wait to print up the photo of my 2 favorite men!  As always, it was great to see so many board buddies, and nice to put some faces to new ones.   Thanks again...can we do this every year?????

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #22 
Thank you ladies for all the kind words, we are so glad you enjoyed yourselves.  Thorsten's generosity never ceases to amaze me, it seemed like every time I turned around he was listening attentively to and/or hugging someone and Tami always feels like a long-lost girlfriend.  The event actually ran an entire hour and a half overtime, but nobody ever has to worry about not getting quality face time with Thorsten and Tami.

I also need to mention that couldn't have done it without Gina's unfailingly helpful son Geoff and his beautiful girlfriend Tessa who helped us so much, and the patient, accommodating folks at Trinity (Aileen, Jezebel, Marilyn, Abby and Carlos) who took such good care of it and didn't kick us out!  I can't  recommend this restaurant highly enough for good food and vibes.  And the W Hotel has now become the hotel I'll judge all other hotels against in the future.

P.S.  I'm asking everyone who posts links to photo sites to please make sure they do not require passwords to view because everybody is not on Facebook, etc.

Site Meter

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Thanks to Kathy, Christy, Gina, Geoff (he's a sweety) and of course Thorsten and Tami. I will gush more when I have time to organize my thoughts. Or as close to organized as my thoughts ever get. LOL
But I will tell you what a wonderful feeling the weekend left me with!
I got to the airport yesterday afternoon for my return flight and discovered my gate had been changed to the other end of the terminal, so I cheerfully made about a mile hike.....with a huge smile still on my face!
I boarded the plane and set for almost an hour waiting for take off.....with a huge smile still on my face!
After we were airborne and had been served food and drink, I settled in for a nap. When the plane landed, it woke me, as usual. To my surprise the captain was welcoming us to Austin! Having boarded a plane to Dallas I was a little confused but my seat mate assured me that she too was headed to Dallas and they had diverted us due to bad weather in Dallas. As soon as they gave the ok for cell phones most of us called our rides waiting at DFW and said the same thing "You won't fucking believe where I am!" I'm sure I wasn't the only one whose hubby immediately asked "How the hell did you get on the wrong plane?" ...........but I still had a huge smile on my face!
If things had gone as planned, I would have been home by 9PM, I actually got here at midnight........but I still have a huge smile on my face!
So thank all of you who organized the event, Thorsten for just being his wonderful, charming self, Tami for being such a sweet new friend and all the friends old and new that are so much fun to just hang out with..........for keeping this huge smile still on my face!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
I wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and especially their pictures.  It sounds like a good time was had by all and I am just so happy for all of you!!

Ann . . . hows that smile holding up??  LOL!!

June
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 

Also thank everyone for the comments and pictures - Next best thing to being there - Thank you all so much - Peggy

KimPetro

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

P.S.i would like to read your new mantra,Kim, but can't as it is too small of words for me to read.

Aww Thank you Mary! My new mantra is on page 44 of A Solid Wheel of Colored Ribbons.  The poem is called Food Groups and the lines are

"Salad and parsley
Are for moms to stay thinner"

That is what led up to that great smile of his, but it was actually laughter!
When it came time to have TK and Tami sign my book I turned to page 44
and told them how much I love this poem, because I'm desperately trying to shed alot weight.  I told them I was trying to loose about 30 lbs and that those lines were my inspiration.  Then Tami came out with 2 words "Love Life" to which I responded 2 words "None existent" and she said "No I mean LOVE LIFE"  then I said "OH LOVE LIFE!" I get what you mean!  LOL talk about a DUH moment..We all got a nice little chuckle about that.  It was fun.  Hopefully one day you will get the opportunity to meet Thorsten and Tami for they are without a doubt fun people!

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimPetro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

Aww Thank you Mary! My new mantra is on page 44 of A Solid Wheel of Colored Ribbons.  The poem is called Food Groups and the lines are

"Salad and parsley
Are for moms to stay thinner"

That is what led up to that great smile of his, but it was actually laughter!
When it came time to have TK and Tami sign my book I turned to page 44
and told them how much I love this poem, because I'm desperately trying to shed alot weight.  I told them I was trying to loose about 30 lbs and that those lines were my inspiration.  Then Tami came out with 2 words "Love Life" to which I responded 2 words "None existent" and she said "No I mean LOVE LIFE"  then I said "OH LOVE LIFE!" I get what you mean!  LOL talk about a DUH moment..We all got a nice little chuckle about that.  It was fun.  Hopefully one day you will get the opportunity to meet Thorsten and Tami for they are without a doubt fun people!

Hi Kim. Cracking up about non existent,your so funny.Thank you for sharing this. I have not had the pleasure of meeting Tami,BUT I have had the pleasure of meeting TK, 2 times,which i will never forgetThough it was many years ago.I hope someday i will have another chance to see him.

Thank you SO much ladies for sharing your GORGEOUS pics of TK and  your stories with us.Aww Ann,sorry about the plane,but LOved reading about your huge smile on your face.lol. So happy for all of you and what a Wonderful time you all had.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
OK, I'm off to work shortly and June and Mary......that huge smile is still on my face. (The boss will probably think I'm up to something. LOLOL)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 

KimPetro, what a hilarious story.   Love it.   Glad all you ladies had a wonderful time.    Hopefully, one day I will have the opportunity.  

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Thank you to Kathy, Christy & Gina for all you did  and for the generosity of Thorsten & Tami to make my first TK event at Trinity so special! In my progression with Parkinson's, the disease is slowly robbing my ability to smile so my face may not have registered the joy & elation I felt when it was finally my turn to meet TK & Tami...have them sign the books (my son & his partner refused to go up!) He is so easy to talk to and when I tried to express my gratitude for sharing his talents...he was so self deprecating & quickly turned the conversation to me. I really appreciated the charity aspect of this event, the venue...perfection, the weather...gorgeous, to finally meet the mods & fellow fans...a hoot, and the pleasure of observing the "Mahn" up close & personal with a wide toothy smile...priceless!!!!! 

RENIE Collier

PS~ Can anyone show me how to get rid of all my blathering below & simply sign my name?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
So glad all you ladies had such a wonderful time! 

Renie/TKfanatic 48: 
All you need to do is go to Control Panel when you are logged on, delete and retype whatever you wish in the "Signature" field.  You can even leave it blank if you like. 

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 

Renie - So glad you had a good time - He sure is such a nice person on top of everything else and does seem so embarrassed when you direct any praise in his direction - That is such a great quality - He is always praising others and is very quiet about what he does to help others - Peggy (I think you can erase with the delete or backspace keys - I am not too smart about all of this)

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 

kchistory - Know what you mean about the blur -Is like you can remember what was said but the rest is up there somewhere because you are so excited - Thank God for cameras - Peggy

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 

Anne - Was so nice that Brian went with you and great that TK made a point of talking with him too - Peggy

Eleven81

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #35 
A couple of pictures for you...(click on the thumbnail for the larger picture).

Kathy, Gina, Thorsten, and Christy:

Lexy using her Solid Wheel bracelet for quite possibly the most creative use of advertisement for the book:

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 

Awww,TK"s Angels. Kathy,Christy,Gina, too cute.GREAT pic with TK,who  never takes a bad pic.lol.Thanks for sharing Monica Love your pic with TK too.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Here is the link to some of the pictures we took.

http://picasaweb.google.com/atxbrit/TKBookSigning?authkey=Gv1sRgCOy6jYbArYf1sgE&feat=directlink

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Here is the link to some of the pictures we took.

http://picasaweb.google.com/atxbrit/TKBookSigning?authkey=Gv1sRgCOy6jYbArYf1sgE&feat=directlink

Take care,
Enis

Thank you so much for sharing your GREAT pics with us Enis.I Love the pic with you & your husband,you make a BEAUTIFUL couple.And the last pic of TK KISSING YOU,AWWWW.You are one Lucky lady. Looks so lovely both outside&inside the place you were at.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 

Enis, I LOVE your batch of photos from Hoboken. Thanks you so much for posting them for all of us to see.

Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
I'm a bit late to this party since I finally arrived home from this wonderful trip late yesterday.

I want to thank Kathy, Christy, and Gina for all of their hard work in organizing this very classy event which went off beautifully I might add.  You guys are the BEST!

Thank you to Thorsten and Tami for just being your marvelous selves, and this wonderful book.  You both gave so much of yourselves to everyone who came and even stayed later so everyone could visit and talk with you.  It was so good to see both of you again.

It was wonderful to see everyone who I'd already met and some new faces that I hadn't.

I truly had a blast!

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Roseann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
The booksigning was truly a great time...Thanks Thorsten, Tami, Gina, Kathy, Christy for making this another memorable time!   It was great seeing everyone...

Also, thanks to everyone sharing their pics....Enis, I love your last photo with TK!!!!
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseann
The booksigning was truly a great time...Thanks Thorsten, Tami, Gina, Kathy, Christy for making this another memorable time!   It was great seeing everyone...

Also, thanks to everyone sharing their pics....Enis, I love your last photo with TK!!!!

Thank you Roseann, I'm very proud of it. Glad you enjoyed the booksigning, we had a wonderful time.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Although it's terribly late, I'd like to express my heartfelt gratitude to Kathy, Christy and Gina for an unforgettable event and to Thorsten and Tami for the gifts of their time and their talent. This was such a wonderful event with good friends, good food, and good times catching up. Thank you all so much for making some wonderful memories that I will treasure forever.

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Little late to the party here...I also want to thank Kathy, Christy and Gina for such a wonderful event.  It was so great to see old and new friends from all over.  The hotel was wonderful and the venue of course was great and I can't say enough good stuff about the mahn and Tami...It never ceases to amaze me on how comfortable he makes you feel.  I can't wait to go to another event for TK.

Thanks again.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.