Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
cab

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I'm late posting this on the board and a few days has already lapsed but for those of you who may be interested, Katharine Hepburn is TCM's star of the month. I know it may be short notice but they are airing "Stage Door (1937)" with Ginger Rogers tonight at 8pm, followed by Bringing up Baby.

If you get a chance I encourage you to check out "Stage Door" or TIVO it and watch it later. To me it still remains the best ensemble casted film I've yet too see. In addition to Hepburn and Rogers who banter back and forth was both witty and smart, the cast includes a young Lucille Ball and Ann Miller, Adolphe Menjou, and Gail Patrick, plus many many more. It's simply one of those films I never get tired of seeing with great acting and great writing.

The following TCM link will give you the remaining "Kate Hepburn" movie schedule for this week. I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier as they've already aired many of her films. Many of the ones they've already aired are not on DVD and a few are out of print so I do apologize. But I'm a big fan of Stage Door so I'm glad I get to bring this one to your attention.

Enjoy and Take Care!!!

CAB

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?date=&cid=158602

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab

I'm late posting this on the board and a few days has already lapsed but for those of you who may be interested, Katharine Hepburn is TCM's star of the month. I know it may be short notice but they are airing "Stage Door (1937)" with Ginger Rogers tonight at 8pm, followed by Bringing up Baby.

If you get a chance I encourage you to check out "Stage Door" or TIVO it and watch it later. To me it still remains the best ensemble casted film I've yet too see. In addition to Hepburn and Rogers who banter back and forth was both witty and smart, the cast includes a young Lucille Ball and Ann Miller, Adolphe Menjou, and Gail Patrick, plus many many more. It's simply one of those films I never get tired of seeing with great acting and great writing.

The following TCM link will give you the remaining "Kate Hepburn" movie schedule for this week. I'm sorry I didn't post this earlier as they've already aired many of her films. Many of the ones they've already aired are not on DVD and a few are out of print so I do apologize. But I'm a big fan of Stage Door so I'm glad I get to bring this one to your attention.

Enjoy and Take Care!!!

CAB

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?date=&cid=158602

I watched it - so sadly satisfying and with so many of my faves. I have been watching TCM every night this week instead of AMC because they're showing all my favorites KH movies except one (The Desk Set). I love it when they do this! They even showed Quality Street!!!

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

TCM and AMC are two of my favorite stations.  I always check out what they have on.  hmmmm....Guess that makes me an official "old fart" LOL

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I enjoyed watching Stage Door again last night.  I've seen this film at least half a dozen times and I always enjoy every single minute of it.  I'm glad TCM is showcasing so many of Katharine Hepburn's films this month in honor of what would have been her 100th birthday.

I really hope TCM repeats the 1993 documentary they showed a few nights ago...All About Me where Ms. Hepburn narrated stories about her career and her personal life.  I'd never seen it before and I'd never seen her talk so candidly about her 26 year relationship with Spencer Tracey.  I was surprised to learn she never did watch Guess Who's Coming to Dinner as the memories of Mr. Tracey passing away just 16 days after they finished shooting it were too painful for her.  She was an amazing, one of a kind woman.

Banner thanks to Monica.
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abigail
I enjoyed watching Stage Door again last night.  I've seen this film at least half a dozen times and I always enjoy every single minute of it.  I'm glad TCM is showcasing so many of Katharine Hepburn's films this month in honor of what would have been her 100th birthday.

I really hope TCM repeats the 1993 documentary they showed a few nights ago...All About Me where Ms. Hepburn narrated stories about her career and her personal life.  I'd never seen it before and I'd never seen her talk so candidly about her 26 year relationship with Spencer Tracey.  I was surprised to learn she never did watch Guess Who's Coming to Dinner as the memories of Mr. Tracey passing away just 16 days after they finished shooting it were too painful for her.  She was an amazing, one of a kind woman.

My dad told me they shot the ending scenes first as they knew Spencer Tracy was dying in Guess who's Coming to dinner. I loved that movie.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.