Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hey there!!

I was just wondering what you all think of the idea of Josh killing himself to save Kendall.

I know it sounds extrememly morbid, but it is a soap after all.

I know it was just done on B&B, but I think the story went over well.

I don't know . . . as much as I like Josh, if he has to go . . . I like the sounds of this.

It would create tons and tons of drama.

June
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I think it is plausible, June.  It doesn't matter that another show just did it, because all soaps borrow and recycle from other soaps.  It is mind boggling how much a successful show like Y&R has been borrowing from AMC, and even GH recently (having baby Jake kidnapped and trapped in a burning building, ala Emma) LOL.

But I think circumstances will be a bit different here.  They CAN redeem Josh in Zach's eyes by Josh refusing treatment in order to save his sister, if he is a victim of an accident or foul play.  That is one sort of suicide.  I don't think he will go as far as initiating suicide though.  I think he will be on his way to visit his "dying" sister, and be caught up in an accident of some sort, linger on for a few days, profusely apologize to Zach, and then make the ultimate sacrifice for Kendall. 

The reason I think they will go this route is, TFIC have finally realized that even though it took us viewers a long time to accept the unabortion, they uncharacteristically ruined him just when we fell in love with the new and improved Josh.  They kept on compounding their mistakes, and the best way to salvage the situation is to kill the character, while redeeming him in the most poignant way in Zach's moment of desperation.  TFIC know that if Zach forgives Josh, we will forgive them to some extent! 

However, I will never forgive them for taking away people that Zach considered "friends".  First Dixie (it doesn't matter how much I disliked her, she was there for him when he was almost ready to kill himself after Ethan's death!), then Anita moved away, then Josh got ruined, then Annie went crazy, and now Myrtle will be dying!  Not to forget, he considered Kendall a good friend for a long time.  And the Green Monster's return has changed that relationship drastically.  I guess I should be thankful that they have stopped shoving the Green thing as his "friend" in my face lately!

flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I'm more of the opinion that Josh's demise will have something to do with Annie. There is a spoiler out there that she escapes from the mental institution, so its possible that she goes after Greenlee and accidentally hurts Josh instead. Whatever the PTB decide to do, I won't be a happy camper, even if it is to save Kendall. I can think of at least a half-dozen other hearts that could have been used to save Kendall that would make me, and I'm sure many other fans, deliriously happy campers.

Thanks Fil!
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamom05
I'm more of the opinion that Josh's demise will have something to do with Annie. There is a spoiler out there that she escapes from the mental institution, so its possible that she goes after Greenlee and accidentally hurts Josh instead. Whatever the PTB decide to do, I won't be a happy camper, even if it is to save Kendall. I can think of at least a half-dozen other hearts that could have been used to save Kendall that would make me, and I'm sure many other fans, deliriously happy campers.

Now Sandi . . . just who do you have in mind??  LOL!!

June
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Searose, I didn't think of Josh maybe being in an accident and then refusing treatment.  I can just see the scenes between Zach and Josh . . . if this were to happen.

I really hope that somehow they can put Zach and Josh back on good terms again before what ever happens . . . happens.  I loved their friendship just as much as I did Zach and Myrtle.

I didn't see this story on B&B . . . just heard about it and I think it sounds like it could be riveting.  Of course this is a soap that is why I can say that.  I would not recommned this IRL.  LOL!!

June
Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

However, I will never forgive them for taking away people that Zach considered "friends". First Dixie (it doesn't matter how much I disliked her, she was there for him when he was almost ready to kill himself after Ethan's death!), then Anita moved away, then Josh got ruined, then Annie went crazy, and now Myrtle will be dying! Not to forget, he considered Kendall a good friend for a long time. And the Green Monster's return has changed that relationship drastically. I guess I should be thankful that they have stopped shoving the Green thing as his "friend" in my face lately!

Now, Searose, much as I agree with you, I don't think we can blame TFIC for losing Myrtle. A recast would have been very hard to accept, and you can only do so much with one-sided phone calls. I don't think AMC has the budget for a CG rendered Myrtle or the editing skills to write her in using old footage (like those commercials- for Direct TV, I think), although I'd love to see them try. .
I'm sorry to see Josh go- I was kinda hoping he'd come back from whatever isolated ancient tribal civilization he was transported to (I've always pictured him in a very extreme Doctors Without Borders situation as a clinic of one) with an ancient holistic cure. (chuckle)
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Puppet, I am not blaming TFIC for Myrtle's death.  But, they have known about the irreplaceable EH's passing for two months, which means they have known Zach is losing his bestest friend.  Since the Josh situation is happening a month after Myrtle's (not EH's) death, it seems like they have had the time and the option to not go that route but chose to.  It is hard to digest that Uncle Josh, who was right by Zach's side like a good baby brother during Ian's health crisis, turned around and hurt Zach for money, of all things.  And with Annie gone nuts, and the Green one to be leaving soon (woohoo, can't wait for THAT to happen), who will be Zach's friend?  Reese?  I don't like her, I don't trust her, I don't want her to be constantly in my face.  Both she and Binks are too self-absorbed to be Zach's friends.  So I think killing off Josh is too permanent, I wish they had somehow redeemed him and kept him around.  But TFIC are only interested in redeeming the barf-worthy ones, not someone we actually like  

Puppetwrangler

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

IJS, Myrtle's passing is the only thing we can't blame TFIC for. I would have loved to have seen Josh come back with or without a miracle cure, truly repentant and supportive of Zach and his family in their time of need. It would have been fun to see Zach and Josh get to do some "guy things" with the boys after Kendall recovers.

Auntinette

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #9 

They must just like the character of Zach being the loner, doomed to always been on the outside looking in, with only an occasional crumb tossed his way.  He has been controlled from birth to be isolated from others and everyone that he has opened his heart to has died, stabbed him in the back or just plain used him. They must like him that way and it appears that they plan on keeping him that way. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.