Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

.....all that glorious gorgeousness?  If so, I'd love to hear some feedback about it.   I know I sound boring and academic but I love Thorsten's poetry and want to know more about the meaning behind it.

Thanks

-Zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Zachstruck, there really wasn't enough time to discuss his poetry. Between the time it took to recover to be in his presence and to say a few meaningful words of admiration, I only got  a chance to tell him how much I loved his poems and that my ten year old granddaughter, who writes poetry herself, had learned most of his poems by heart. It really would be wonderful if there was an opportunity to meet with him sometime and actually discuss his poetry and the meaning behind some of it. I have quite a number of questions that I would like to ask him. I'm sure that many of us also would love to. Even with the precious few minutes we had with him, we ran into considerable overtime and he was gracious enough to say that he would not leave until everyone's book was signed. 

idonthave1

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Since the topic is poetry.....Diva, I have a question for you. Did you use TK's "28" with your "Reflections of Love" first? I knew I heard that but I got interrupted before the video was up, and when I went back the music is Mozart. I love Mozart but I think I like "28" more as the background. In any event, it is a beautiful video and your creative banners are breath taking also. Thank you. Bonnie

idonthave1

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Did TK/Zach write the poem on the card to Kendall on Friday's story? It sure sounds like him did the writing. Anyone knows? Thanks. Bonnie.

zachstruck

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by idonthave1

Did TK/Zach write the poem on the card to Kendall on Friday's story? It sure sounds like him did the writing. Anyone knows? Thanks. Bonnie.

I'm almost sure he did.   I don't think the "writers" are that creative.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva

Zachstruck, there really wasn't enough time to discuss his poetry. Between the time it took to recover to be in his presence and to say a few meaningful words of admiration, I only got  a chance to tell him how much I loved his poems and that my ten year old granddaughter, who writes poetry herself, had learned most of his poems by heart. It really would be wonderful if there was an opportunity to meet with him sometime and actually discuss his poetry and the meaning behind some of it. I have quite a number of questions that I would like to ask him. I'm sure that many of us also would love to. Even with the precious few minutes we had with him, we ran into considerable overtime and he was gracious enough to say that he would not leave until everyone's book was signed. 

And Trinity was wonderful in giving us an extra hour. They bent over backwards to accommodate us.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:

Since the topic is poetry.....Diva, I have a question for you. Did you use TK's "28" with your "Reflections of Love" first? I knew I heard that but I got interrupted before the video was up, and when I went back the music is Mozart. I love Mozart but I think I like "28" more as the background. In any event, it is a beautiful video and your creative banners are breath taking also. Thank you. Bonnie

We ask that any of TK's work that we publish (i.e. From Timber Ridge to Daymer Gardens book and CD) not be used in graphics or videos that are posted online. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:

Bonnie, I took it off as soon as Christry told me that the poetry from TK's CD was dedicated to be used for charity only and not to be used online. So I quickly changed it to Mozart.

Thank you for your compliment on my banners.  The subject matter is very easy to work with.

TKforMe

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

And Trinity was wonderful in giving us an extra hour. They bent over backwards to accommodate us.

Trinity staff were excellent as well.  The waiters were very attentive and kind, the food was excellent.  I've recommend to several friends to check it out. 

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Kathy - Trinity was wonderful and I have made a card and "its in the Mail" to thank them. They were more than helpful to me personally. A wonderufl choice for the "event"  I"m ready to go again!!! Tell me when - tell me when ???

Ande
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie

Kathy - Trinity was wonderful and I have made a card and "its in the Mail" to thank them. They were more than helpful to me personally. A wonderufl choice for the "event"  I"m ready to go again!!! Tell me when - tell me when ???

Awww, how nice that you sent them a card, Bonnie. We actually sent them flowers because we were so grateful for all they did. One more thing that I think was very cool, that I didn't find out until towards the end of the day, is that one of the Trinity staff who was helping with everything is Aileen Quinn. If you ever saw the movie Annie -- Aileen Quinn starred as Annie! Christy and I had seen the movie way back when and remembered her very well in that so it was really cool to meet her (she is still cute as a bug, and doing a lot of stage work).

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Quote:

Awww, how nice that you sent them a card, Bonnie. We actually sent them flowers because we were so grateful for all they did. One more thing that I think was very cool, that I didn't find out until towards the end of the day, is that one of the Trinity staff who was helping with everything is Aileen Quinn. If you ever saw the movie Annie -- Aileen Quinn starred as Annie! Christy and I had seen the movie way back when and remembered her very well in that so it was really cool to meet her (she is still cute as a bug, and doing a lot of stage work).

OMG!!!!  I loved that movie as a little girl!!!  LOVED IT!!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldax
Quote:
Quote:

OMG!!!!  I loved that movie as a little girl!!!  LOVED IT!!

Just for you:

Aileen Quinn, Thorsten Kaye, Sheena McCroy at Trinity, Hoboken, NJ, 20/7/06

L-R

Aileen Quinn, Thorsten, Sheena McCroy (Trinity's owner)

(Photo © 2006 Sheena McCroy and used w/permission)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Great photo, Kathy and she is just as cute as a bug!

Thanks for the banner, Diva!
Emeraldax

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I'm such a fangurl.

Thank you!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Wow, how cool is that?  Lexy would have been thrilled to meet her -- Annie is one of her very favorite movies!!

Thanks Fil!
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Thanks Kathy - too bad Lexy didn't get to meet her - Next time !!!  something else to look forward to

Ande
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.