Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
That classic quote from the TV Guide for next week comes from Michael Logan's column, excerpted below, which was scanned and sent to us by a friend who still gets TV Guide. I thought it was too good not to share.

I'm intrigued by the suggestion of moving Zach to OLTL when Patrick is so sorely needed in Llanview. And as much as I'd love to see Zach spread his wings away from Kendall, in a town inhabited by Marty, I can't see him voluntarily moving away from his children. 

SO, why not have Zach arrive in Llanview with a raging case of amnesia and have everyone (including Marty and audience) believe he is Patrick? His lack of Irish accent could just add to the mystery. Then the real Patrick could return from the dead, and...

Well, that's as far as my thoughts got. Yours?

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 

My thoughts are that I can't believe SOMEONE hasn't seen TK's obvious talent, skills and sex appeal and snatched him up - ABC or any other network.  I never saw TK as Patrick on OLTL, but I'd give anything to see him on there now, as Patrick, Zach or Ian Thornheart. 

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
SO, why not have Zach arrive in Llanview with a raging case of amnesia and have everyone (including Marty and audience) believe he is Patrick? His lack of Irish accent could just add to the mystery. Then the real Patrick could return from the dead, and...

I'd love it.  I'd even love it if the writers actually toyed with us about his identity...is he Zach or is he Patrick?  It would be so easy to keep the audience guessing as to who he really is.  They can throw a little of Zach's personality at us...a little of Patrick's the next day and go back and forth and drive us nuts!  All of a sudden "Patrick" is drawn to watching Red Wings games at night but damn if "Zach" ain't a lot more talkative than he used to be; "Patrick" seems to have a little bit of a quiet, scary lethal thing going on but "Zach" really hit it off with Bo like if they were long-lost friends.  "Zachtrick" has dreams of a faceless woman with curly brown hair and blue eyes and a little boy he feels he loves but exactly who he's dreaming about remains to be seen, lol.  And whether he's Patrick or a memory-less Zach...he finds himself falling in love with Marty (again). 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

mandy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Post by *Alina*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

I'd love it.  I'd even love it if the writers actually toyed with us about his identity...is he Zach or is he Patrick?  It would be so easy to keep the audience guessing as to who he really is.  They can throw a little of Zach's personality at us...a little of Patrick's the next day and go back and forth and drive us nuts!  All of a sudden "Patrick" is drawn to watching Red Wings games at night but damn if "Zach" ain't a lot more talkative than he used to be; "Patrick" seems to have a little bit of a quiet, scary lethal thing going on but "Zach" really hit it off with Bo like if they were long-lost friends.  "Zachtrick" has dreams of a faceless woman with curly brown hair and blue eyes and a little boy he feels he loves but exactly who he's dreaming about remains to be seen, lol.  And whether he's Patrick or a memory-less Zach...he finds himself falling in love with Marty (again). 

I'm dreaming up all sorts of s/l scenarios!! Love your idea Alina.

Lets hope that TK has been approached for such a role?? and keep our fingers crossed that the s/l's are at least on par with our imaginations. What ever TK does next (on screen) he is so worth better s/l material, than what AMC gave him that's for sure!!

Thankfully TK is a master at ad libbing and putting his unique stamp on things. And as we say "Spinning 'shit' into GOLD"

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
VERY interesting, intriguing scenario! 
Since they don't find Zach's body, they have an opportunity to start a Zatrick s/l, esp. since right now, Marty needs a real man in her life who can kick not only Toad's ass, but also Jolie's.  If only Mr. Kaye would be willing to work on OLTL.

I too can not see Zach willingly walk away from Ian (he can leave Spikester to be claimed by the DNA seller, but not Ian), but I somehow CAN see Zach willingly moving to Llanview, simply because it is only a few minutes drive from PV.  He and Kendall could share custody of Ian and just explain away the situation, or better yet, he can just take Ian with him. 

But even if Zatrick goes to Llanview, my viewing pleasure would be limited to his scenes only!  Going from AMC to OLTL would be like jumping from frying pan into the fire as far as show quality and writing are concerned!  The garbage they have been focusing SO MUCH time on is shocking, the show is over-populated with all the unworthy and nausea inducing characters like Jolie and Rex and a few more!  And they have royally fucked up Patrick's son (makes me wish so much that he WASN'T Patrick's son )!

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Kathy, thank you for sharing.    I've been also praying at some time TK would show up at OLTL either as Zach or even an amnesia Zach/Patrick.  

I will not ever understand why TIIC let him walk away.   They could have hired him as the head writer and the show wouldn't be at the bottom of the ratings.

The talent AMC/OLTL  is getting will not up them in the ratings, bad writing and story telling is a must first, IMO.   Pretty faces don't sell stories, handsome men like TK along with his talents do. 

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Oh ladies!!  I have butterflies just thinking of the possibilities.

I would gave anything to have Patrick back.  Not sure I would want Zach in Landview, but at this point I will take TK in any role I can get him.  Anything to watch him work his magic!!

But boy, do I want Zach Slater back.  I have never been captivated by a character they way I have Zach.

BTW . . . I think TK could most definitely be an underwear model, however he has the talent to go with the looks.  Amazing combination!!

June

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

I absoluely LOVE the idea of a Zachtrick!!!   To combine their traits and habits, vascilate between the two, and keep us guessing.... what FUN that would be! I know TK could contribute a lot to the planning of plot and script because he knows both men better than anyone else. His sense of humor would add  a lot to this idea too.  This is the BEST idea I've heard of yet for solving our "No TK" problem.  If only some of the ladies on this site were writers for ABC,  or even just background idea-people with some influence, it would be so wonderful. (ARE any of us employees of ABC?)

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Zachtrick... I like it! And the parallels Alina drew between both Patrick's and Zach's lives really are kind of eerie, especially considering how they are so totally organic to each character yet could so easily lead to identity confusion of one with the other.

I think OLTL would be nuts not to do this, so of course it won't, but thanks to Michael Logan for putting it out into the universe.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisie

My thoughts are that I can't believe SOMEONE hasn't seen TK's obvious talent, skills and sex appeal and snatched him up - ABC or any other network.  I never saw TK as Patrick on OLTL, but I'd give anything to see him on there now, as Patrick, Zach or Ian Thornheart. 

Hi, I'm new but I'd like to comment on this. The problem here with Thorsten not being able to find work fitting to his talents is this, the industry doesn't care about who's talented and who's not. All they want is a product they can hock. Good actors aren't hired because then the industry would actually have to write challenging things for these good actors and actresses to act in. Instead, the industry, at least on this side of the pond, is so incompetently producing remake after remake and nothing original. True thespians like Thorsten want challenging material to play and that would require the industry to have to get back to basics and actually create. When you have shows like "Dancing with the Stars" and other crap like that taking precidence over good writing and dramatic presentation, there is no room for actors like Thorsten to get something that is both original and challenging. Someone like Thorsten wouldn't fit with something like "Saw 536825". He'd fit in with something more like a "Deadwood", but then that's on cable. And there are only limited shows to be produced there.

I hope I'm not coming off as too 'ranty' in my first post, but I just wanted to state why I feel that Thorsten deserves something more than mediocre. And I have to say I agree with what Michael Logan said about the overpopulation of vacuous underwear models. I think what he's actully saying is that actors are being hired due to their attributes rather than their actual hard-won talent. I'll finish with something another actor with the initials TK said. And that actor is Ted King who said that, "I'll never stop fighting for the integrity of my profession. The only power we have as actors is the power of no." And that's what Thorsten has said. No to not being the kind of father he doesn't want to be to his girls, and no to the kind of partner he doesn't want to be to Susan...and that is a long distance one.

I have nothing but high praise for Thorsten's decision.

Sam 
samskara2012

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly
Kathy, thank you for sharing.    I've been also praying at some time TK would show up at OLTL either as Zach or even an amnesia Zach/Patrick.  

I will not ever understand why TIIC let him walk away.   They could have hired him as the head writer and the show wouldn't be at the bottom of the ratings.

The talent AMC/OLTL  is getting will not up them in the ratings, bad writing and story telling is a must first, IMO.   Pretty faces don't sell stories, handsome men like TK along with his talents do. 

Beverly

Oh God, that poem Thorsten wrote for his Myrtle/Eileen Herlie send off is just so beatiful. I cry whenever I read it and think of Thorsten reading it. I get chills.

Sam 
Kelly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I too have had Zach in Landview on my mind. Why not? There are so many ways he could end up there and one is "witness protection" or, two, amnesia. Having Zach and Patrick be lookalikes is a gold mine if written right and I know the writing stinks on that show but having TK on would lift the whole atmosphere just as he did when he arrived on AMC. I would let him have his head (stupid people at ABC) and let HIM choose what he wants and have input into how to do this.
The underwear models suggestion is so true and now we have Griffin to add to the collection. When I saw him that's exactly what I saw. Just as I despised Ryan from day one for his KenDoll role I am visions of Ryan revised in the new KenDoll on AMC. I am so sick of it all and how false and shallow they think we women are about actor's. I think TK is gorgeous...without a doubt but that was the icing on the cake to a splendid actor who brought my soul to the story and have it wings. Few and far between for sure. OLTL..at least try something. What a loss to ABC if not.
irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by samskara2012

He'd fit in with something more like a "Deadwood", but then that's on cable. And there are only limited shows to be produced there.

I thought this many months ago, and I believe I had even mentioned Deadwood, which unfortunately was short lived.  When you see the caliber of some of the actors involved with the Cable projects it is a really good mix of the best not only from film and television but theater as well. The boundaries are less restricted and the actors really shine.  Even this newer one which I have started to watch Boardwalk Empire this man could have easily fit in. True Blood another one it has a mix of up and coming, people who are currently in NYC theater, and film.

I would be happy if he returned to Marty and I never watched this until maybe the past few months but the clips here where I actually got the chance to see them together-I really enjoyed them and that was my favorite of three soap characters he played.

Nice to meet you.

Megan
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Another "Deadwood" fan here.  I don't have any of the premium channels, but recently watched this series via NetFlix and got very caught up in it. Everything about it was so well done!  I thought, too, how sad it is that TK  hasn't yet had something of that caliber with which to show the world what he do. Guess I'd have to put out the money for HBO, etc. if he ever did get something of that quality. 

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Kathy, thanks so much for this thread and for the Logan Rant.  I had no idea Michael Logan thought so highly of TK and had such a good bead on what's up with our soaps, but I'm glad to see he does.

Alina, your story idea is terrific.  It had me laughing and thinking about the good old days of Zach Slater, "man of mystery".  Unfortunately TIIC and their so-called "writers" do not possess half your imagination.  Your idea would definitely keep my adrenaline up and keep me watching. 

Sam, welcome, and post anytime you like.  Your post was very articulate and well thought-out.  We have so many people here who express themselves very well, and you fit right into that category.

I wish I could see all of you and share a hug for our loss, I'm really feeling it, as I think a lot of you are.  I also think Michael Logan has given me the next header, or whatever you call it, for my Facebook page!

Love and sweet TK dreams to all-

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
irishmcpaddy

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah

Another "Deadwood" fan here.  I don't have any of the premium channels, but recently watched this series via NetFlix and got very caught up in it. Everything about it was so well done!  I thought, too, how sad it is that TK  hasn't yet had something of that caliber with which to show the world what he do. Guess I'd have to put out the money for HBO, etc. if he ever did get something of that quality. 

I couldn't agree more it was a great ensemble cast as well.  It only lasted two seasons and was to be revisited with an HBO made movie to complete it but never happened.  Calamity Jane now there was a women right up Lavery's alley.  My favorite though was Seth and Al Swearengen, Ian  McShane in a very abstract way reminds me of TK a bit older but still has that charisma well not as Al but in other roles I have seen him in.

Megan
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

Zachtrick!!!  I love it! Which means, of course, that it won't happen.

Thanks Fil!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.