Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Cheri

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm sure no one is surprised that ABC is going to actually start marketing Fusion Green (of course, I can't mock it too loudly since my daughter's favorite fragrance is actually the original Fusion perfume).

This is from the SoapNet website:

The Fusion Girls Say "Green is Always IN" on All My Children
Now you can buy the T-shirt

On Monday, July 9th, ABC Daytime and All My Children will launch it's first in a line of All My Children Fusion Green Products with an environmentally-friendly All My Children Fusion Green t-shirt. The t-shirt, printed with the saying "Green is Always IN" will be available for purchase on abc.com for $24.95. The t-shirt is a 100% cotton organic tee from American Apparel and the printing will be eco-friendly using only water-based non-toxic inks. In story (on July 16th), the women of Fusion plan on launching a completely eco-friendly beauty product line called Fusion Green. Before traveling to NYC to introduce the line to the cosmetics community, the staffers gather for a sleepover and all wear the t-shirt in celebration and support of the company's next endeavor.

http://soapnet.go.com/news/news_amc_greenT.html

Kathy Brand for Headwriter of AMC NOW, before it's too late!

© 2009 -- DO NOT COPY THIS POST ONTO ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheri
I'm sure no one is surprised that ABC is going to actually start marketing Fusion Green (of course, I can't mock it too loudly since my daughter's favorite fragrance is actually the original Fusion perfume).

Before traveling to NYC to introduce the line to the cosmetics community, the staffers gather for a sleepover and all wear the t-shirt in celebration and support of the company's next endeavor.

http://soapnet.go.com/news/news_amc_greenT.html

Funny story as to why I discovered it, but I agree with your daughter, Fusion original is also my favorite.

But, the important question here is, WTF are Kendall and Annie doing a sleep-over with a bunch of women?  Don't they both have husbands at home?  Kendall has the hottest husband in the whole damn world!! Annie has, well...a husband at home.  And BTW Di has Aidan at home.  So...they are sleeping over with "the girls"?  GMAFB

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann
But, the important question here is, WTF are Kendall and Annie doing a sleep-over with a bunch of women? Don't they both have husbands at home? Kendall has the hottest husband in the whole damn world!! Annie has, well...a husband at home. And BTW Di has Aidan at home. So...they are sleeping over with "the girls"? GMAFB

For one thing, according to  the SON spoilers for next week, Zach and Ryan are already away in NYC in business. And for another, I don't think any wife shouldn't be able to go on some kind of work related overnight trip - even one like Kendall, who has a fantastic hubby. She's his wife, not his appendage. I'd just as soon Kendall dumped Fusion because Greenlee gives me hives, but Kendall loves her business and her job.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

But, the important question here is, WTF are Kendall and Annie doing a sleep-over with a bunch of women? Don't they both have husbands at home? Kendall has the hottest husband in the whole damn world!! Annie has, well...a husband at home. And BTW Di has Aidan at home. So...they are sleeping over with "the girls"? GMAFB

My guess is so Kendall can play peacemaker between Annie and Spleenlee again.  That's her role in life now...bringing Ryass's wives together.

Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurknomore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann

For one thing, according to  the SON spoilers for next week, Zach and Ryan are already away in NYC in business. And for another, I don't think any wife shouldn't be able to go on some kind of work related overnight trip - even one like Kendall, who has a fantastic hubby. She's his wife, not his appendage. I'd just as soon Kendall dumped Fusion because Greenlee gives me hives, but Kendall loves her business and her job.

But the spoiler doesn't say they are away on an overnight business trip.  It says before they head to NYC they all have a "sleepover". That's what my 15 year-old grand daughter and her friends have.  Actually, so does her 8 year-old sister and her friends. 
For the record, I go on overnight trips without my husband frequently, so I don't think married couples should be joined at the hip.  But unless my memory has totally left the building, I have not called up my friends and said, "Ooooh lets all have a sleepover tonight.  We can do each others hair and nails and giggle all night.", at least not since I was a teenager.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
It's probably like the random bonding nonsense they tried on the 4th - it's certainly tied to the Fusion Green launch, which is scheduled to take place in NYC the week of the 16th. It's not just a random 'oh, let's hangout' sleepover.

I'm as sick of Fusion Junior High as the next person - probably moreso. I highly, HIGHLY resent that the Chandler/Cambias wars are treated with respect while we are treated to the sight of Kendall, etc. running what is apparently a successful corporation like a high school clique. I am tired of AMC treating these women that way, and spoiler wording like that certainly doesn't help. The women of AMC are clearly only viable to TIIC when they're catfighting or breeding.

IOW, I don't take issue with Kendall's actions - I do take serious issue with how the show presents them, and with how Frons & Company treat these characters like they're silly little girls.

brownpenny

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #7 

I'm surprised the t-shirt doesn't say "Greenlee and Ryan are Always IN".  I don't think I can take another day of female bonding after yesterday.

JennZ

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpenny

I'm surprised the t-shirt doesn't say "Greenlee and Ryan are Always IN".  I don't think I can take another day of female bonding after yesterday.

Eeee, laughing my ass off here cause I was thinking of a totally different meaning behind "Greenlee and Ryan are always IN" (the closet!) . . .

Again, though, it looks like I'm going to be in the minority because even though it's hokey, I don't see anything wrong with grown women having slumber parties. Hell, I often do it myself . . . get together with a bunch of girlfriends, lounge around in PJs, laugh, drink, talk for hours on end . . . great way to let your hair down. *shrugs* JMO.
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennZ
Quote:

Eeee, laughing my ass off here cause I was thinking of a totally different meaning behind "Greenlee and Ryan are always IN" (the closet!) . . .

Again, though, it looks like I'm going to be in the minority because even though it's hokey, I don't see anything wrong with grown women having slumber parties. Hell, I often do it myself . . . get together with a bunch of girlfriends, lounge around in PJs, laugh, drink, talk for hours on end . . . great way to let your hair down. *shrugs* JMO.

::::Raising hand::::

Another vote (I almost typed anover thote, gotta stay away from that demon rum) for jammy parties with the girls.  I am so over being owned by any male, and am lucky to have a SO who lets me be me with my girls.  In fact, he'll come over and cook for the slumber party, and then scoot out, even leaving his dog behind so we can have a fur baby to play with.

It's a BLAST.  And being almost-50 hasn't changed my mind.  Granted, we don't curl each others' hair or paint each others' nails, and our choice of conversation subject matter is quite a bit different than it was in the 60s when I was in junior high... but there is *nothing* on the planet quite like letting your hair down with your closest girlfriends and it is a treat not to be missed.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

Another vote (I almost typed anover thote, gotta stay away from that demon rum) for jammy parties with the girls.  I am so over being owned by any male, and am lucky to have a SO who lets me be me with my girls.  In fact, he'll come over and cook for the slumber party, and then scoot out, even leaving his dog behind so we can have a fur baby to play with.

It's a BLAST.  And being almost-50 hasn't changed my mind.  Granted, we don't curl each others' hair or paint each others' nails, and our choice of conversation subject matter is quite a bit different than it was in the 60s when I was in junior high... but there is *nothing* on the planet quite like letting your hair down with your closest girlfriends and it is a treat not to be missed.

Sounds good to me!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Gina. your thoughts and opinion are 100% on target, especially as I'm reaching 50 here soon I need my space and time as well.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Another vote in favor of "Jammy Parties".  There is nothing better than to let your hair down with a great group of friends (girlfriends that is).

Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennZ
Quote:

I couldn't agree with you more!  I just love it whenever I get together with my very closest friends.  We may not see each other for months on end, but when we do get together it's like we are with each other every day!  Jammy parties - I'll drink to that!       

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.