Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
SOAPnet Plans 'All My Children' Marathon Honoring Susan Lucci, Couples

SOAPnet Plans 'All My Children' Marathon Honoring Susan Lucci, Couples

by Chris Harnick, posted Aug 26th 2011 1:00PM

Susan LucciWe're getting down to the wire before 'All My Children' leaves ABC, so what better way to celebrate the historic soap than with a marathon?

SOAPnet will dedicate a block of programming to the couples of 'All My Children' and the daytime queen herself, Susan Lucci.

"I Love Lucci" starts Sat., Sept 17 at 7PM and lasts until 12AM. "'All My Children': Last Chance for Romance" airs from 5PM-12AM on Sun., Sept. 18. The couples marathon will feature episodes focused on Cliff & Nina, Jenny & Greg, Tad & Dixie, Ryan & Gillian, Leo & Greenlee, Zach & Kendall and Angie & Jesse.

SOAPnet will air episodes dating back to the 1970s. Find out more about them below.

From SOAPnet:

"I Love Lucci" (Sat., Sept. 17)

7PM - 'All My Children' Episode #1979-02567 (Original Air Date 11/27/79) - Tom furiously ends his marriage to Erica when he discovers she's secretly been taking birth control pills. Also: Langley tries to convince Myrtle they've never met before.

8PM - 'All My Children' Episode #1996-06725 (Original Air Date 1/19/96) - Erica gives a shocking speech when she accepts the "Media Woman of the Year" award while high on pills. Also: After Lamaze class with Edmund, Kelsey thinks she's going into labor; Janet panics when she learns Amanda has pneumonia.

9PM - 'All My Children' Episode #2000-07991 (Original Air Date 12/22/00) - Erica's in denial when Bianca announces she's gay. Also: Ryan and Gillian spend a special Christmas together; Mateo is upset when Hayley wants to turn herself into the police for killing her mother; Tad and Dixie celebrate the holiday together despite Leslie's efforts.

10PM - 'All My Children' Episode #2004-09008 (Original Air Date 12/27/04) - Erica implores Bianca to come out of her coma. It's a Christmas miracle when Bianca then opens her eyes and Erica reunites her with baby Miranda. Also: J.R. is furious with Adam for the loss of Bess and tells him he's no longer his father.

11PM - 'All My Children' Episode #2005-09113 (Original Air Date 5/24/05) - Surrounded by their families, Erica and Jackson are married in Boca Raton.

"'All My Children': Last Chance for Romance" (Sun., Sept. 18)

5PM - 'All My Children' Episode #1980-02768 (Original Air Date 9/3/80) - Cliff and Nina are married in a fairy tale wedding. Also: Pregnant with Cliff's baby, Sybil is not happy about his marriage to Nina; Tom and Erica fight when she has to attend a business dinner on their anniversary.

6PM - 'All My Children' Episode #1984-03659 (Original Air Date 2/14/84) - In front of family and friends, Jenny and Greg are married. Also: Palmer discovers the truth of why the Chandlers have come to Pine Valley; Adam sets his sights on Erica.

7PM - 'All My Children' Episode #1993-05997 (Original Air Date 3/4/93) - When Tad finally convinces Dixie he's alive and on the other side of the door, the two are joyfully reunited. Also: Hayley and Charlie find Brian and Junior on the run; Opal and Palmer are reunited with Junior.

8PM - 'All My Children' Episode #2001-08064 (Original Air Date 4/9/01) - Ryan and Gillian share a romantic wedding filled with surprises. Also: Leo and Greenlee have a last minute change in plans when he remembers he has the wedding rings; while on the witness stand, David admits his guilt about the drugs to Dixie.

9PM - 'All My Children' Episode #2002-08387 (Original Air Date 7/15/02) - Leo and Greenlee are married in an intimate wedding in the boathouse. Also: Anna and David debate whether to tell Greenlee that her father's been shot; Tad and Brooke try to find Maria.

10PM - 'All My Children' Episode #2005-9256 (Original Air Date 12/15/05) - Romance is in the air as Zach and Kendall prepare to divorce in the Caribbean. Also: J.R. tries to warn Jamie about Amanda; Babe visits Josh at work and Erica kicks her out of her studio.

11PM - 'All My Children' Episode #2008-9811 (Original Air Date 2/18/08) - A stunned Angie and Jesse share an emotional reunion at the train station. Also: Erica is arrested at the fashion show she's hosting; Greenlee tells Aidan that Kendall may be pregnant.

I'm glad they're showing that Z/K show, those Caribbean trip shows were some of my favorites.

Pointless Note to ABC: Showing these classic episodes of AMC is not going to create enthusiasm for your incredibly lame looking replacement show.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Oh yes Kathy, the Divorce Island is one of my all-time fav Zen episodes - love the chem betw them - not to mention the gorgeous dragonfly!  I'll have to record it for sure.  Thanks!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the schedule, Kathy.   Divorce Island was one of my favorite, too...  I've watched that clip more times than I can count!!! 
kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Ooooo, I also love the Divorce Island episodes!! 

I must say that one of the I Love Lucci episodes has one of my favorite lines ever spoken by Erica.  When she's giving her speech while high on pain pills, she's slamming Maria (whom I just can't stand!) and says that she cures sick people in her push-up bra!  I can't wait to watch that one again!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #5 
I am going to watch it all...but...methinks it stinks.  Who do these people think they are?  Tossing us a bone when we want the whole thing.  I get very angry with their crap.  They have gone to the trouble to write all kinds of fun story lines...bringing back people..and best of all Bringing back Zach.  And I am grateful for this.  So why do I feel like they are sticking it to us and all the stars on the show? I sure would like to hear what the players have to say...but I know they dare not say a word...things are as shaky as Davids FDA problems with his stem cells.  I feel like we are the stem cells of AMC and Zach..and Others and we are trying grow and heal.  But  SOME who shall go nameless are trying to squash the progress.   Arggggggggggh I sure am glad I can type out my feelings here.  Because my friends are not soap affecinados and think I have lost it.  Thanksfor listening to the ranting and Ravings of  sore looser.. who will not accept the loss yet.  I am forever a Zach fan...ha...I even dreamed he was under my bed the other night... NAKED even...LOL
paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
I am going to watch it all...but...methinks it stinks.  Who do these people think they are?  Tossing us a bone when we want the whole thing.  I get very angry with their crap.  They have gone to the trouble to write all kinds of fun story lines...bringing back people..and best of all Bringing back Zach.  And I am grateful for this.  So why do I feel like they are sticking it to us and all the stars on the show? I sure would like to hear what the players have to say...but I know they dare not say a word...things are as shaky as Davids FDA problems with his stem cells.  I feel like we are the stem cells of AMC and Zach..and Others and we are trying grow and heal.  But  SOME who shall go nameless are trying to squash the progress.   Arggggggggggh I sure am glad I can type out my feelings here.  Because my friends are not soap affecinados and think I have lost it.  Thanks for listening to the ranting and Ravings of  sore looser.. who will not accept the loss yet.  I am forever a Zach fan...ha...I even dreamed he was under my bed the other night... NAKED even...LOL
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Thanks for the news Kathy.  I am glad we will get some good Zach stuff with Divorce Island episode.  I am sure there will be a little bit of Zach on the Angie/Jesse and the Binks/Mirands episodes.  Glad the Divorce Island and Angie/Jesse are back to back, LOL.  But why did they pick Erica's wedding to be the one to JackASS?  They had just aired it a few months ago.  Besides, I have never understood why he is cosidered Erica's soulmate, as the bozo has been cheated on more times, with more men than Erica has any of her husbands/lovers, LOL.  If they had to show one of Erica's many weddings, I wish they had picked Dimitri or even Adam for that matter. 

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

But why did they pick Erica's wedding to be the one to JackASS?  They had just aired it a few months ago.  Besides, I have never understood why he is cosidered Erica's soulmate, as the bozo has been cheated on more times, with more men than Erica has any of her husbands/lovers, LOL.  If they had to show one of Erica's many weddings, I wish they had picked Dimitri or even Adam for that matter. 

If there is one AMC scene from the past I wish I kept the tape of, it's the one where li'l Bianca torched her Unca Jack doll. There has never been a better facsimile of Jack than a Ken doll since they are plastic, soulless, brainless, and came out of the mold with no balls. And we all know Erica keeps Jack's balls in her coin purse. I guess she holds on to them because they're so tiny she forgets she has them most of the time, plus she can't make any change on them.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

But why did they pick Erica's wedding to be the one to JackASS?  They had just aired it a few months ago.  Besides, I have never understood why he is cosidered Erica's soulmate, as the bozo has been cheated on more times, with more men than Erica has any of her husbands/lovers, LOL.  If they had to show one of Erica's many weddings, I wish they had picked Dimitri or even Adam for that matter. 

If there is one AMC scene from the past I wish I kept the tape of, it's the one where li'l Bianca torched her Unca Jack doll. There has never been a better facsimile of Jack than a Ken doll since they are plastic, soulless, brainless, and came out of the mold with no balls. And we all know Erica keeps Jack's balls in her coin purse. I guess she holds on to them because they're so tiny she forgets she has them most of the time, plus she can't make any change on them.

OMG,Kathy,TOO FUNNY!!!!&SO TRUE!!!lol!!Thanks for the laughs.lol.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #10 
HAHAHAH Kathy...you Nailed those tiny Suckers on that Plastic headed fool

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

OMG- Kathy, you just killed me with that!  That is a perfect description of Jackson! 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.