Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
jsbmom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Just say this in USA Today......

Four stars from Smash have been axed for next season: Brian d'Arcy James, Raza Jaffrey, Jaime Cepero and Will Chase will not return. ...
jsbmom

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/smash-shakeup-four-stars-axed-327852

Working Class guy becomes a regular??????     TK?????
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

^^^OMG!!  I have re-newed hope for TK!!

June

BeStillMyHeart

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Yeah Ellis, good riddance!!!!

Ok, since they have gotten rid of the other 4 prayerfully TK gets to stay.

I hate the Michael character is out, I liked him.

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbmom
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/smash-shakeup-four-stars-axed-327852

Working Class guy becomes a regular??????     TK?????

God, I hope so!!!  Nick-the-bartender is about as 'working class' as they get!  And Eileen surely isn't ready to be done with him yet!!  (I suspect that AH isn't either!!    )
I think that there are a lot of layers of Nick that we don't know about yet.....but I can't wait to find out!  Good, bad....whatever!  Bring it on, TK!!!! 
Looking forward to Season II!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Yes, PLEEEEEEASE let the working class guy be Nick!  Maybe the posts on Facebook and NBC's Smash board let them know how much we love TK and Nick!

I'm glad the character of Ellis won't be there.  They showed all of that interference with the show with very little motivation for why he acted they way he did and it made it look just juvenile and stupid.

It also looked ridiculous that Frank would tolerate Julia's behavior.

Too bad about Will Chase though as he really adds some talent in the musical numbers!  I liked watching him.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Uh oh.  There was a link to click on in that article and here's what it says about the working class guy............

Also on board for Season 2 is the character of Danny, a straight, working class fella in his mid-20s and from Brooklyn. He is summed up as “sexy, charismatic and musically gifted, but also self-destructive and remote.” Applicants must have the skills to sing in a rock and/or soul voice. For Danny, Slezak suggests The Voice’s Chris Cauley or Idol‘s Matt Giraud.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 

I'm not too sad about any of the four that are being written out, except Brian D'Arcy James.  I didn't see the appeal of Will Chase - and especially not as Joe Dimaggio!  Sadly, I'd be surprised to see TK return as Nick the Smashing Bartender.  There was never much of anything to him but arm candy for Eileen, and I wonder if AH will be returning anyway.  I don't hold out much hope for the show to continue unless there's a real turn around in the writing.  And I don't expect to watch it without TK - or even with TK, although I adore him, if all he does is make a 2 second appearance.  I slogged through all those episodes for a mere 22 minutes of Nick and don't see me doing that a second time.  Hopefully, someone will have seen the glory that is TK in his oh-so-brief appearance and this will lead him on to bigger and better parts that showcase his talent.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Thanks for posting the info, jsbmom. I am glad that James, Jaffrey and Cepero are out. Their characters annoyed the heck out of me. I too liked watching Will Chase, he is talented, but it was sickening to watch Julia act so stupidly around him, LOL.

More Nick The Bartender, PLEASE!  Pretty Please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbert

I'm not too sad about any of the four that are being written out, except Brian D'Arcy James.  I didn't see the appeal of Will Chase - and especially not as Joe Dimaggio!  Sadly, I'd be surprised to see TK return as Nick the Smashing Bartender.  There was never much of anything to him but arm candy for Eileen, and I wonder if AH will be returning anyway.  I don't hold out much hope for the show to continue unless there's a real turn around in the writing.  And I don't expect to watch it without TK - or even with TK, although I adore him, if all he does is make a 2 second appearance.  I slogged through all those episodes for a mere 22 minutes of Nick and don't see me doing that a second time.  Hopefully, someone will have seen the glory that is TK in his oh-so-brief appearance and this will lead him on to bigger and better parts that showcase his talent.

I am still holding on to hope that Nick the Bartender (who, in my view, has more depth than being arm candy for Eileen) will get a lot more prominence on the show, with TK being a regular on the show with tons of airtime. HOWEVER, even if he gets those 2 second appearances, I WILL WATCH, because it is TK that I am watching the show for! If you don't want to "slog through" all those episodes, you can always record the show and search forward to TK's scenes.   That's the least that any true TK fan would do for him, IMO!

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Oh, if TK is on . . . even if its for 2 seconds . . . I will absolutely watch!!  Yup . . . I adore him THAT much.  But w/o him . . . I won't be watching at all.

However, I am a bit worried about his being on Season 2.  I really wish they'd announce who WILL be on Season 2.

June

Katbert

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #11 

"I WILL WATCH, because it is TK that I am watching the show for! If you don't want to "slog through" all those episodes, you can always record the show and search forward to TK's scenes. That's the least that any true TK fan would do for him, IMO!"

Searose

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was TK I was watching for as well.  I did record it and fast-forward to his scenes.  However, the last episode with a 4-second double take by Nick in the last minute just doesn't do it.  Sorry that I don't meet your criteria of a true TK fan.  I watched all those drecky episodes for 22 minutes of him.  I think that qualifies me, but that's just my opinion.

[Don't know how to use the quote feature, sorry.]

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
I will watch too, even if Nick gets only those 22 minutes next year. A smidgin is better than complete nothingness, though not nearly enough to truly satisfy.  ( I wondered if the broken arm cut down on his air time at all.??)  If only the writers would pick up on the fact that Nick could easily be broadened out into an important character, and that in Thorsten they have someone who could more than pull it off. But then I'm a dreamer, I guess. I HOPE but don't really EXPECT.
        Hate these dry spells!!!!      lonely, lonely, lonely
kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

I'll watch as long as TK is on.

I'm wondering if they filmed Nick in 2 different ways - - - one that would have made him a villian (somehow tied to Jerry or Ellis) and one that left him a good guy, and that left some film on the cutting room floor.  There were several pictures that we never saw scenes for and an interview with the actor who played Ellis eluding to a triangle with Eileen, Nick, and himself, which we also never saw.

Also on board for Season 2 is the character of Danny, a straight, working class fella in his mid-20s and from Brooklyn. He is summed up as “sexy, charismatic and musically gifted, but also self-destructive and remote.”

Maybe the new character of Danny could be Nick's son or nephew?  I'd love to see TK/Nick dealing with a young man who is self-destructive and remote!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Wouldn't it be great, that scene/picture we saw that wasn't in this season's ender somehow end up as the next season opener, thus giving Nick/TK some serious air time?! I don't believe that Nick is done yet because now that Jerry has seen the show, he has to do something stupid to keep it from getting to Broadway. He seemed to be enjoying the show when he was shown in the audience, and he was at the rehearsals.

In that pic with AH/TK it appeared they were looking at someone, not in a loving way either. Could this be one of the opening scenes with the show ending and everyone out in the front area of the theater mingling after the show? It sure would be nice if this turned out to be one of the opening scenes of season 2 and TK is no longer a guest but a REGULAR cast member!!!!!
DeltaQ

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the New Regime decides to develop Nick. Somewhere I read that he already had been used more/longer than had been intended. Hoping that means SOMEbody noticed that TK is more than run-of-the-mill Soap Beefcake.

I'm trying to post positive comments about Nick & Eileen. By design, I'm referring only to "Nick" not to TK. I'm afraid they will be inclined to give less weight to comments by obvious TK fans.

Because Nick's fate is firmly bound to Eileen's at this point, I am looking for any chance to express support for Eileen/Anjelica, as well.
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

We just have to hope they are smart enough to see what we all do - Peggy

Kaybear

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #17 

I sure hope Nick will be on next season too I am a long time fan but I also was watching Smash before he came on as I love Katharine from American Idol and I was so happy when TK got the role if this is his WEB site shouldn't he know whether her will be back on? can he tell us here I keep looking to see if he comes on or if someone here knows what will be happening I hope they know what a good actor he is everychance I get I keep asking for more of Nick at places where Smash is discussed hope someone can let us know tho I still will watch but would make it the best with our TK in it.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Also hoping that the "working class guy" is TK's character, Nick.  They could do so much with Nick and his "connections", without going all Mob like. 

I do hate to see Raza Jaffrey leave. I did like his character Dev.

Bee 

The Power of One can change the World.
Kaybear

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I don't think the working class guy is  Nick but sure hope he is back on in a biger part too please someone let us know they should start filming soon???

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #20 
I hope he comes back!! 

~Nikky

The TV MegaSite's Port Charles Forum
http://forums.delphiforums.com/pctvm/

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Me too - How soon till we do find out something? - Peggy
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Carolyn Hinsey just posted this in her blog on Facebook about Thorsten's latest upcoming stint on Smash - sounds promising!! 

One thing we don’t have to wait for is the return of SMASH at 9:00 PM EST Tuesday, February 5, starring our beloved pal Thorsten Kaye. “I’m on the first four episodes,” he tells me. A plot twist will send his character, Nick, away for a few episodes. “But don’t worry,” he winks, “I come back.”

Hoping for as much as we can get!!  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Oooh, that sounds promising!

Thanks Sharon - - - you're a super sleuth!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Thanks for this wonderful piece of news, Sharon.  Now I have some hope   And while I am at it, I hope Nick will come back and take care of the old dirtbag.

Just about 50 hours go to..........

DebbieR

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 
I wish I could see TK get out of a car on my street, LOL!
tkgirl

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Was disappointed with the last episode.     And forgot to watch tonight.   Was TK on?
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
NO, dammit!!! I had heard he would be on epis 1 thru 4, and expected him to  have at least a few seconds last night ,  but he was not on at all. I think this new shakeup of the show may have negated some of the things we were told earlier. I hope not.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #28 
I talked to TK this morning, but I still don't really know what to tell you!

He had told us initially he was in the first episode and the fourth episode, then another episode after that (I'm not sure which one). Now SMASH wants him for at least one more episode, but who knows what ends up happening. What is filmed isn't necessarily what makes it on air -- some characters' (Nick/Eileen, for instance) scenes get shredded so other characters get more airtime.

Re the episode count, since two SMASH episodes aired back to back two weeks ago, then last night's should have been #3, and hopefully we'll see TK next week. But again, who knows at this point!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Thanks pah and Kathy.   Sigh.    The first 2 eps were a waste of time.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Bummer. Thanks for the update Kathy. I caught about a minute of some show on NBC yesterday morning where Ms Huston was speaking about Smash and she sounded hopeful that Nick will be back. I have to admit I could hardly hear what she was saying but I think that is what she was saying. I will keep my fingers crossed.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Ok, I really am hoping that in next week's preview when Eileen says "I can not believe you would do this", she is talking to Nick and I also hope that I am not just seeing things like his hair in the corner of the screen when she is saying that, or just seconds before that those are his beautiful hands counting those hundred dollar bills......

Dare I hope that the scenes that were filmed for the first two episodes will be shown as flashback or something? Gosh, I am desperate for decent amount of Nick-time.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
FWIW - got a Tweet from Smash/Twitter just now informing me that "your wish may come true tonite"!!  I'd been asking when we'd see Nick - so I'm presuming from their response he will be on tonite - tho' we'd seen pix earlier - nice to have it 'confirmed' (manner of speaking) by Smash - from the 'horse's mouth'.  FYI

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Thanks, I just missed the names on the screen.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
OhKaye, so he was finally on last night.  What a sight for sore eyes!  Oh-so-briefly, but still, we got a few seconds of pure gold.  And it warmed my heart to hear a TK character's love interest tell him that he is a GOOD man!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And then I cursed the hell out of TIIC that did not give us the follow-up scene.  It sucks that TPTB at Smash would rather give us an overdose of Julia's rantings (or what is probably foreplay for her and the turg) and endless drama with Karen's new friends, instead of stories between grown-ups with such immense talents! 

Unrelated, but:  Did anyone see/read the article "Hate-watching 101" in A+E section of Sunday paper this week?  I don't know how many papers ran that article across the country, but it certainly was in Chicago Tribune.  Merely one sentence about Smash as a show that people hate to watch, yet watch.  But hat's off to the person whose decision it was to put a certain pictue in there!  A thud-worthy picture of devastatingly handsome Nick standing next to Eileen, from the evening when he met the dirtbag and his arm candy!  Nick with his neck tilted just a bit, looking amusingly at something 

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
OhKaye, so he was finally on last night.  What a sight for sore eyes!  Oh-so-briefly, but still, we got a few seconds of pure gold.  And it warmed my heart to hear a TK character's love interest tell him that he is a GOOD man!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

And then I cursed the hell out of TIIC that did not give us the follow-up scene.  It sucks that TPTB at Smash would rather give us an overdose of Julia's rantings (or what is probably foreplay for her and the turg) and endless drama with Karen's new friends, instead of stories between grown-ups with such immense talents! 

As much as I loved seeing Nick and hearing him speak - and seeing Eileen's reaction to him - I was still so pissed off last night I could hardly go to sleep. Actually "pissed off" doesn't even cover it. I never thought I would despise any PTB as much as I despised the AMC ones back in the day, but those old familiar feelings of powerless, choking rage came rushing back and almost drowned me at what they did to Nick. He broke my heart. On the run for the crime of trying to help the woman he cared for, to return for one last night before turning himself in. Rot in hell, Smash PTB!!!!! Oh, and take that caterwauling J-Hud, the pissy sideburn impaired twins, and Laurie Partridge with you!!!!!!

Damn, I guess I had a lot bottled up!

Quote:
Unrelated, but:  Did anyone see/read the article "Hate-watching 101" in A+E section of Sunday paper this week?  I don't know how many papers ran that article across the country, but it certainly was in Chicago Tribune.  Merely one sentence about Smash as a show that people hate to watch, yet watch.  But hat's off to the person whose decision it was to put a certain pictue in there!  A thud-worthy picture of devastatingly handsome Nick standing next to Eileen, from the evening when he met the dirtbag and his arm candy!  Nick with his neck tilted just a bit, looking amusingly at something 

Oh, the Chicago Tribune has a history of selling a lot of copies when they put a picture of a certain actor in there - how interesting they obviously haven't forgotten! But is there any other way to watch a show? From our youngest days watching TV together, Kathy and I would turn to each other and say "Do you think that's stupid?" Of course, the answer was always yes.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou
FWIW - got a Tweet from Smash/Twitter just now informing me that "your wish may come true tonite"!!  I'd been asking when we'd see Nick - so I'm presuming from their response he will be on tonite - tho' we'd seen pix earlier - nice to have it 'confirmed' (manner of speaking) by Smash - from the 'horse's mouth'.  FYI

Sharon, that's exactly what I posted above -- what we posted months ago that TK told us.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

As much as I loved seeing Nick and hearing him speak - and seeing Eileen's reaction to him - I was still so pissed off last night I could hardly go to sleep. Actually "pissed off" doesn't even cover it. I never thought I would despise any PTB as much as I despised the AMC ones back in the day, but those old familiar feelings of powerless, choking rage came rushing back and almost drowned me at what they did to Nick. He broke my heart. On the run for the crime of trying to help the woman he cared for, to return for one last night before turning himself in. Rot in hell, Smash PTB!!!!! Oh, and take that caterwauling J-Hud, the pissy sideburn impaired twins, and Laurie Partridge with you!!!!!!

Damn, I guess I had a lot bottled up!

That's exactly how I feel. Even if I wasn't pissed about the short shrift Nick is getting, I'd hate just about everyone on SMASH (except Eileen) just on general principle.

PS Jim calls that smug drama fixer-upper asshole the dramaturd.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
I guess I got a kick out of getting a personal response from Smash/Twitter.  I was so disappointed also at the waste of this beautiful man's incredible talent for the Beiber twins & all the rest.  But at least we got something.  But can someone explain how that pic of him in a blue prison jumpsuit wasn't on last nite?  I sure thought we were getting that scene, unless I blinked & missed it.  Maybe it's coming up next wk.  But always loyal me - I can't not watch for TK - I'm always there hoping for a glimpse of him, no matter what.  I'm just ruined that way. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
   I agree with the frustration and disappointments expressed above, but I must admit that seeing just those few seconds of TK last night really rose my spirits. It's been so long! I guess if you give someone even a DROP of water when they're coming off of a desert, they are grateful.  I was especially relieved to see that Eileen greeted him with so much love and concern, because last week something she said or did had made me think she had turned on him and that had upset me.  Now I'm looking forward to the blue uniform scene next week.  (Thanks for posting those pics.)
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
LOVED seeing Nick even if it was too short.   Who the hell are those two 12 year old looking guys who write music.   I just tuned them out so I have no idea what or who they are.   GMAB already with this crap.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
It happened all over again.  Almost forty minutes of blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-BORE and only fifty seconds of pure gold  

I love the strength of Nick and Eileen's relationship and their faith in and commitment to each other! So heart-warming, so touching, so short..........

paintonmyclothez

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #42 
I am so disappointed with that show....it literally sucks...there is nothinng but a bunch of singers posing as MM...there are no solid base charecters....AH was the only one who had a chance at being that and...they are doing all they can to just bring on the young singers....Im sorry...TK Im happy you got the job and are still hanging in there...I just have to admit this is a pile of junk...you and AH deserve better.  I cant wait to see you on AMC>..I hope they are paying enough to live on...hang in there...it willpay off...your talent can not stay under a bushel basket for long...its to big andbright...Hugs...to you
BeStillMyHeart

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #43 
What is caterwauling?
ariana

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Far too less airtime. It was like what? 45 seconds? I liked the scene between Eileen and Nick and I believe Miss Houston is the only good presence in this show. Too bad that TK's part was so small. Their relationship seemed more real and sweet than any of the other affairs on the show. Since Nick is supposed to be moved to another prison does that mean that he's out for good? I read that he may come back. Should I have a reason to watch or what? Please give me some hope!!!!
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariana
Far too less airtime. It was like what? 45 seconds? I liked the scene between Eileen and Nick and I believe Miss Houston is the only good presence in this show. Too bad that TK's part was so small. Their relationship seemed more real and sweet than any of the other affairs on the show. Since Nick is supposed to be moved to another prison does that mean that he's out for good? I read that he may come back. Should I have a reason to watch or what? Please give me some hope!!!!

Nick is not out for good. TK was asked back for another episode, the last one I believe. Totally agree about the sweet relationship between Nick and Eileen. It royally pisses me off that they have to take a back seat to the idiots.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:
What is caterwauling?

intr.v. cat·er·wauled, cat·er·waul·ing, cat·er·wauls. 1. To cry or screech like a cat in heat. 2. To make a shrill, discordant sound. 3. To have a noisy argument. n.
BeStillMyHeart

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #47 
Thanks Katbert I appreciate that. I forgot to come back and say I had looked it up.
Personally, I love Jennifer Hudson. She has wonderful range and a great singing ability. I don't find her voice screeching, nor as a noise. From hearing all the others sing, she is a welcome change to me. Musicals need diversity and she brings it. But that's my thoughts. To each his own.

It would be great if this musical was more rounded in its story telling, but today's shows are not what we really want to see, especially when our favorites are part of the cast or special guests. I love Eileen and Nick and I wish that before he is completely written out of the show, that at least things get resolved with Jerry and Ellis in a special Nick-o-licious way. And I mean that Nick handles his business if he has to "go away" for a while!
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 
I've totally lost interest and have only been watching to see TK.   I think if they built on his character more and his relationship with AH it would have added much need story to this show which is now boring as hell.   As we all know when given the chance TK just sucks you in and would have here too since Nick seemed like an interesting character and so much more than a bartender.   All these shows seem to try and grab the "young" viewers and, in my opinion, hurts the show, a prime time show should be well balanced, I think Dallas has done that and its working.
BeStillMyHeart

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #49 
I agree toasty2. These shows try to put in veteran actors, however, they tend to boost up the younger actor story lines. There are so many dedicated older viewers (am one myself) who love the vets and want meaty, meaningful good story for them. This say a line, give a laughable look at each other, jump into bed with anyone crap makes tv not worth watching. You get two great actors like AH and TK and put them among the crud, it doesn't make for a great show. I have had to go back and see if TK was in the opening credits before i watch because the rest is just a total hot mess!!!
ariana

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #50 
No wonder why ratings get worse every week! It's really sad to hold good actors back and promote the ''young blood'' especially when there's nothing special about it. I'm still holding hope that we will get to see TK once more. Angelica Houston said in an interview that she might get a new love interest but she also said that Nick was handsome and good and she really hopes he comes back! I think there is still a chance for his return. Right?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.