Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
TK's cast made its debut tonight! It did a good job. (g)  And didn't stop him from looking like his usual devastatingly dashing self.

Very sweet scene with Eileen singing such a poignant (and appropriate) song to Nick. Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few is right.

"You can't end a musical with a suicide."

So just send Nick out there with a book of Shakespearean sonnets and let him start reading already. Hey, West Side Story, which I'm watching now on TCM, is an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet set to music. And in the original Romeo pretty much did what Marilyn Monroe did (if you believe the official version, which I don't).

SMASH 05/07/12

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Well...I believe they are smitten...I think the song was aproprate..and so was Eileen was singing to him with such feeling.  For the first time I was confused by his expression...Maybe he was in pain from his arm.  Just a little altercation.  I wonder if he got rid of the gooney bird... Made sure he got a ride home? Home to where? LOL...every show needs a creep...anyway I was pleased they have two scenes and interaction this time.  The show is picking up just in time...for the last one next week...WAHHHHHHHH sniff sniff
Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
TK's cast made its debut tonight! It did a good job. (g)  And didn't stop him from looking like his usual devastatingly dashing self.

Very sweet scene with Eileen singing such a poignant (and appropriate) song to Nick. Oh, the days dwindle down to a precious few is right.

"You can't end a musical with a suicide."

So just send Nick out there with a book of Shakespearean sonnets and let him start reading already. Hey, West Side Story, which I'm watching now on TCM, is an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet set to music. And in the original Romeo pretty much did what Marilyn Monroe did (if you believe the official version, which I don't).

SMASH 05/07/12

Thanks for the clip, Kathy!!!  How can anyone NOT love this guy?!?  He was just wonderful!!!  I loved Eileen too.  We need to see more of them......  I know...the last episode is next week.  There is always Season 2 I hope.  

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Thanks for the clip Kathy!  ITA about the "usual devastatingly dashing self" .  A bit of an altercation?  I love how Eileen left it at "I don't want to know, do I?".  What a (grown)woman, once she decides to let go those little things in that little folder, she accepts him just the way he is!  I loved the song and the way she sang to him, and the fact that it was real and not someone's imagination!  I think Nick was very touched.

I can't help but see a little bit of Zach in Nick.  Not just the devastatingly dashing looks, or the fact that he knows how to treat a woman, but so many things like how he reads people, how he can cut down the snobs or get to the point in fewest words, oh how I absolutely loved his "hey, kid", LOL.   I think the "kid" put the peanuts in the smoothie, that weasel! 

Wayyyyyyyyy too little airtime, but the mahn knows how to make the moments so precious!

kj_wilson

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Thanks for the clip!

We had weather alerts during the show AGAIN, so I really

appreciate getting to watch TK uninterrupted by someone

feeling the need to tell me exactly how many lightening

strikes occurred over the previous half hour.  I can see the

lightening!

Anyway,

TK was thud-worthy, as usual! 

A big thank you to Nick for starting off the trend of putting Ellis in his place at the bottom of the food chain!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Dear Kathy....thanks for the clip....I have replayed and gone frame by frame...I now see what I havent really seen before in Zach/Nick...TK.....Total Vulnerablity...with a tinge of fear, or sadness.   I, and maybe we all are so accustomed to seeing Zach/Nick/TK...with that cocky Confidence...that look really threw me for a loop. Just incredible talents there.  TK you are brilliant.  Oh but I wish I were a cat or some sort of pet in his household...I would love to just watch him...Its such a pleasure.
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Re: Zach's vulnerability....... I think that Zach frequently displayed vulnerability and sadness, Yes, he was strong, powerful, and in control on the surface, but he was so often hurt to the core (usually by Kendall) and he showed it in solitude. He did it so beautifully; he really got to me when he was hurting!  And of course, don't forget that confession  in the bomb shelter...."Fear, that all it is, Greenlee,.....Fear." He had his demons and he knew it.
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for the clip, Kathy.
When Nick said, "Hey, kid...." to that low-life, Ellis, I had flashbacks of Zach saying, "Hey, Joonyer....."
I loved the "September Song" scene.....perfectly done, and so appropriate.
Thorsten looked dashing!  Cast and all!   

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 

TK definitely gets me when he shows that vulnerable side of any character he's playing. Men are always trying to be so strong. Looking back at some of TK's scenes the one that tears my heart the most is when Ian was in the hospital and he sat on the floor and cried when talking to Kendall. He was saying that he just couldn't go through that again, especially with watching her when she was in need of a heart, now his son. That was true emotion!!! Also visiting Ethan in the morgue-heartwrenching!!!!!!!

He truly is a phenominal actor!!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

ITA about Zach's vulnerable side and TK's masterful performances in those scenes, nobody does it like him! 

But I have to say, during the song, I did not see Nick as vulnerable, nor did I see any tinge of fear or sadness.  I saw him as someone who was a bit surprised at first, pleasantly I must say, and genuinely touched.  The relationship between Eileen and Nick, as portrayed by AH and TK, even though it started as harmless flirting on Eileen's part, quickly (something I must thank the show for, LOL) moved on to something real, where both of them truly LIKE each other and both seem to be feeling something stronger below the surface that neither has verbalized yet.  At least that's what I am seeing.  I wish there was a follow-up scene to that song, but I am grateful for what we did get, so I won't complaint too much

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Sorry I missed checking in on Smash this wk, but I had cataract surg early Tues morn & have been recuperating.  Just have to say how very much I enjoyed, "Sept Song" - it was beautiful & poignant.  So appropriate, IMO, for their relationship - of course I love the history of the song with her G'father & I'm sure that was not lost on TK either.  The show was the last thing I saw bef my surg!  Enjoying seeing TK with my new 'Eagle Eye'!  I gotta say TK's cast made an impressive debut.  Loved him saying, "Hey Kid - take a powder" to Ellis!  Sounded like the old days when he talked to Joonyer.  Their romance is nicely done & I'm really enjoying it. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

I'm glad you're recuperating well Sharon!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.