Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BGuiney

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi TK fans! I've never posted before -- but I've been working with Gina, Kathy & Christy - as well as with my dear friend Thorsten - and its BIG! We have an EXCLUSIVE event on board the Rock the Soap cruise that will only happen on board our boat -- and its reserved for the BIGGEST Thorsten fans out there! Please make sure you hurry and sign up for the event and the cruise asap! You can sign up for the TK event -- and also use the refer-a-friend program to save money!! This is a great way to give a gift to Thorsten fans too! We - along with SoapNet - are so excited to be doing this Exclusive event with Thorsten! And promise you the best fan experience yet! Up close & personal - this is gonna be great! We will release the details officially very soon -- but you can beat the rush and book now! Thanks! BG
Site Meter

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
I just realized, Bob, that a lot of people may not realize who "BG" is - members of the OTKWS board, let me introduce you to Bob Guiney!

Bob will be your host and emcee for SuperSoap weekend coming up in a very short while (what, weekend after next, right?), and he's also the host of Rock the Soap cruise in March.  (He's also Bachelor Bob of the first The Bachelor, and Rebecca Budig's significant other...) 

Welcome to the board, Bob!  We're sure that everyone here is going to be really thrilled when they see what's ahead on the cruise!

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Aww Hi Bob Guiney,i loved you on the Bachelor.I think you&Rebecca make a great couple.Best wishes to you both.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #4 
thanks Mary!! you're very kind to say that... thank you.    are you joining us on the cruise?  BG

http://www.rockthesoap.com

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for the heads up. 

All I needed to read was "TK-Exclusive Event"!

Wasn't planning on it but I am NOW booked!   Oh, TK!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Thanks for the heads up. 

All I needed to read was "TK-Exclusive Event"!

Wasn't planning on it but I am NOW booked!   Oh, TK!
LOL me too!

Hi Bob!

Thanks Mon
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Lexy and I are booked as well!  Eeee!

Thanks Fil!
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Hi Bob! Welcome to OTK!  Anne & I booked this 2 mos ago, so we don't get any discount, but are thrilled to be included in TK's special event party!  This so ROCKS!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 

Hey Sharon!!! VERY EXCITED that you'll be on the cruise!! Actually reach out to other friends/family/pen  pals, whatever - and have them sign up and use your name as a REFER-A-FRIEND and you can still get the discounts!! Their are no limits to the amount of people who can sign up under your name!! So go bananas!!! Looking forward to seeing you on Rock the Soap!!! BG

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGuiney
thanks Mary!! you're very kind to say that... thank you.    are you joining us on the cruise?  BG

Hi Bob. I would SO LOVE to be joining you all on the cruise,i don't know yet if i will be able to make it,but am going to try and see if i can.Thank you for asking, So nice talking to you.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

Quote:
thanks Mary!! you're very kind to say that... thank you. are you joining us on the cruise? BG

Hi Bob. I would SO LOVE to be joining you all on the cruise,i don't know yet if i will be able to make it,but am going to try and see if i can.Thank you for asking, So nice talking to you.

Mary, I hope you can make it!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Christy are you or the other mods going? 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary

Quote:
thanks Mary!! you're very kind to say that... thank you. are you joining us on the cruise? BG

Hi Bob. I would SO LOVE to be joining you all on the cruise,i don't know yet if i will be able to make it,but am going to try and see if i can.Thank you for asking, So nice talking to you.

Mary, I hope you can make it!

Thanks Christy. SO want to go,hope i can make it.I have never even been on a cruise.This sure would be the BEST one to be on.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

Christy are you or the other mods going?

Yep, that's the plan and we think it's awesome.  Looking forward to seeing everybody 

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Glad to hear that, since earlier Kathy I think, had told me that none of you were.  That's fantastic!  I think it will be amazing!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

Glad to hear that, since earlier Kathy I think, had told me that none of you were. That's fantastic! I think it will be amazing!

Thanks!  We think it's amazing, too !

francesp

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #17 

I Havent written a message in a long time but this news made me get off
      my duff and get cracking.so count me in I,m going to make this cruise
      if I have crawl on my hands and knees. Now that dear Eileen is gone I,m
      next in line for being his oldest FAN.
      I can,t wait for all of the information so I can get cracking.
      It will be my birthday present to me.
      So as Kendall says BRING IT ON.
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Oh how I wish I could go too!!! However with the oxygen use I will stay put right here and live thru all of you. but its not an easy decision. too bad its from the west coast ....I'm not comfortable that you HAVE to use the plane oxygen and not my own tank. soooo ladies ENJOY Twice

Ande
flamom05

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie

Oh how I wish I could go too!!! However with the oxygen use I will stay put right here and live thru all of you. but its not an easy decision. too bad its from the west coast ....I'm not comfortable that you HAVE to use the plane oxygen and not my own tank. soooo ladies ENJOY Twice

Bonnie, you will be missed, but don't you worry....I will give the Mahn an extra hug and smooch just from you! hehehe It'll be no trouble at all! I'm sure Lex won't mind pitching in as well for others who can't make it. She's sooooo excited about this she can't stop asking questions. I asked her if she wanted to go when the cruise was first announced and she was not too enthusiastic because although she's been on many cruises with hubby and me, she got a little scared after that rash of disappearances, etc. on cruise ships on the news, so she hasn't wanted to go on any lately....then when I read Gina's breaking news, and I told her TK was having a "special event" on the ship she immediately said "let's go" and now she can't stop talking about it. LOL

Thanks Fil!
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Yes Bonnie dear, I will be happy to give TK hugs & kisses from you, too!  I really wish you could go with us, tho'. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

Sounds like this boat's getting filled up!!!  Woohoo!!!  That's great news!  Welcome "aboard" everyone!  The high seas will never be the same!!  Ahh, the power of TK! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Sharon and Sandi thank you for your eagerness to take my heart. I rejoice in the fact that every hug and kiss will be given with me in mind !!!!! Lex is going to have a great time too Sandi - she and the Mahn have a special thing going on don't they?!! and Sharon make sure your phone is charged!!!
now this is what friends are for!!! thanks

Ande
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 

I will be going as well along with Diva as we signed up over 2 months ago.  We are also excited about TK's special event and thank you all for planning this makes it even better.   Really looking forward to this and seeing everyone as well.

Bonnie we will definitely miss you but make sure we have lots of pics to share.

PS, Bob I had the great opportunity of seeing you perform in CT in early October during a recent business trip and thought you were great along with Rebecca as well.  Hope to enjoy more on the cruise.

Beverly

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Thanks for coming to the show in CT!! Wasn't Rebecca GREAT!!?!! I loved that she performed with my Band from TV! We are going to do a couple exclusive things on bard the boat re: the Band from TV too - all going to charity!! So we're excited to perform! The Thorsten EXCLUSIVE is going to be one of the BIG highlights for me...So please make sure you tell everybody you know!! BG

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #25 

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesp

I Havent written a message in a long time but this news made me get off
      my duff and get cracking.so count me in I,m going to make this cruise
      if I have crawl on my hands and knees. Now that dear Eileen is gone I,m
      next in line for being his oldest FAN.
      I can,t wait for all of the information so I can get cracking.
      It will be my birthday present to me.
      So as Kendall says BRING IT ON.

FRAN!  I'm so glad you're coming!  Maybe now you'll get that beer that TK promised you!

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Brian and I signed up for the cruise yesterday.!!! See you all there.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis

Take care,
Enis

Awesome Enis!!!

Thanks Fil!
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 

I just really wanted to take this cruise so today I went a step further for information and found from now 2 airlines that I can't use my own oxygen tank on the plane and have to use theirs - the cost  would be like $400.00 more!! soooo I can only hope that another time an event or even a cruise might be from the east coast!!!  Hugs and Loves

Ande
Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #29 

Quote:

Take care,
Enis

Hey, Enis - maybe this time, you and I and Brian can toss one back since we missed it at the book signing.  

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina

Quote:

Take care,
Enis

Hey, Enis - maybe this time, you and I and Brian can toss one back since we missed it at the book signing.  

I hope so Gina, I hope so.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie

I just really wanted to take this cruise so today I went a step further for information and found from now 2 airlines that I can't use my own oxygen tank on the plane and have to use theirs - the cost  would be like $400.00 more!! soooo I can only hope that another time an event or even a cruise might be from the east coast!!!  Hugs and Loves

Bonnie, I haven't given up on you yet. I've been checking the web pages. I saw one yesterday that said people with COPD can use their own Oxygen in May of 09. and something about some airlines allowing it before that.!!!!!!

Take care,
Enis

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Hi everyone!

Wow I realize I haven't posted in ages (aka lurker queen!) but I wanted to say I'm so happy about the cruise and the special Thorsten event!!!  I booked the cruise for me, my mom and my daughter on the first day it came out (probably within hours LOL) and signed us up for TK's event when I found out about that last week.  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing TK again! 

Arlene

PS--If you read this Bob...please tell Rebecca that Arlene from California says hi!  ;p  I was in a SSW commercial with her, have met her a few times including at the "Man of Fusion" contest at Club Ivar in LA years ago, and I even spoke to you both on your radio show once!    I'm looking forward to seeing you both!

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 

Enis thank you so much - however, I have checked with all the airlines in and out of CT and Albany ,NY and thats the story, By the time they change the rules the ship will be sold out !!!  maybe next time !!!

Ande
Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Oh Enis so glad you're going, I haven't seen you in AGES!  And Bonnie, I hate to give up on it yet, but don't worry, I'll keep Sharon in line for you (lol NOT)!  My inclination in your case would be to get in touch with my congressperson and start making ADA noises (who knows, couldn't hurt?)  I mean, causing financial hardship IS a form of discrimination, right? I've just found out they don't have wheelchairs on the ship so I'll probably have to rent one near there (not in the mood to schlep mine all the way from NC and back, you know?) I'm hoping not to need it but I'd rather have it on hand if I do.

I'm excited about TK's event, but also very excited about seeing old friends again.  Fran, when is your birthday, because this is also MY birthday present to myself!  (A few days late but WHO CARES LOL?)  This is also my very first cruise (the things we do for this mahn, huh?)

HI to all and welcome, Bob, I've never met you but have seen you on TV and look forward to seeing the band.  I never felt like I was physically able to do SSW but I couldn't pass this up. 

Love to all and like a kid, I hope I can sleep sometime between now and March!

Kay

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie
Oh Enis so glad you're going, I haven't seen you in AGES! And Bonnie, I hate to give up on it yet, but don't worry, I'll keep Sharon in line for you (lol NOT)! My inclination in your case would be to get in touch with my congressperson and start making ADA noises (who knows, couldn't hurt?) I mean, causing financial hardship IS a form of discrimination, right? I've just found out they don't have wheelchairs on the ship so I'll probably have to rent one near there (not in the mood to schlep mine all the way from NC and back, you know?) I'm hoping not to need it but I'd rather have it on hand if I do.

I'm excited about TK's event, but also very excited about seeing old friends again. Fran, when is your birthday, because this is also MY birthday present to myself! (A few days late but WHO CARES LOL?) This is also my very first cruise (the things we do for this mahn, huh?)

HI to all and welcome, Bob, I've never met you but have seen you on TV and look forward to seeing the band. I never felt like I was physically able to do SSW but I couldn't pass this up.

Love to all and like a kid, I hope I can sleep sometime between now and March!

Kay

Hey Kay, glad you're coming! I know several people who are going to need wheelchairs so we found this rental place that serves the port and cruise line. ITA about airlines and the ADA.

I'll answer the question about Fran's bday for her since I don't know how often she checks the board - she shares Eileen Herlie's birthday, March 8!

Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Thank you Christy, and thanks for the link, I'll check it out.  Yeah, Pisces women just rock, don't we lol?  (not to mention Pisces MEN, THUD!) Although Pisces men, I would have to say that Thorsten is the exception that proves the rule, most of them I have NO use for lol!  Of course he is on the Aquarian cusp and I'm sure has some other stuff going on astrologically as well.  He's definitely one of a kind, in a good way!

And yeah, I hear you about the discrimination.  Look at it this way.  OK, you're telling me I have to buy YOUR oxygen, I can't bring mine because YOU don't know where it came from?  OK but you're telling ME I have to use your oxygen when I don't know where IT came from???? Plus I have to PAY YOU for the privilege? (And of course THAT'S the bottom line right there)  Double standard much?

Disabled people are discriminated against all the time; I think there's actually a whole group of folks out there who'd just like to take us all out and shoot us so they wouldn't have to fool with us, gah, don't get me started...oops, too late lol!

Christy thanks again for the link, and Bonnie, keep making noise, girl! (((())))

Kay

Banner by Fil
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Hi Kay, Glad you're coming on the cruise. It willl be great to see you again, and everyone else. I'm so excited.  Brian has something to send you on wheelchairs on the Carnival, will send it by private email.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Enis, thank you so much, that's very kind of you.  I've also asked for more info from the site Christy gave me, so I will be interested to see what Brian has. 

Thanks again

K

Banner by Fil
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 

Hi Kay - I also use a cane in the house but outside, etc I have one of those rollagators!!! I have the large size - they are like a walker but have a cushion that you can actually sit on - and a basket that can be used under that if you want. I love mine and take it to use as a seat  instead of a chair as it is higher - Just wondered if you had seen one of these - and if it would work instead of a wheelchair. You are all going to have such a grand time - I hope the next one will be from the east coast!!!

Ande
Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Hey sweetie ((((((Bonnie)))))) yeah Amen to the east coast!  Actually I have one of those but mine is I guess the regular one, no cushion and the seat is only meant to be used temporarily.  It is quite useful for some things but not sure how it would do in this instance.  Not sure about changing planes/getting through airports with it either, I usually end up in a wheelchair for that stuff.  I have to take the handlebars off to travel with it (mine is the one that looks sort of like a backwards stroller).  Enis sent me a lot of great info so I'll have it all figured out, I'm sure.  Thanks so much for thinking of me.

K

Banner by Fil
amcwatcher59

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #41 
I'm not sure if this helps but this is some info about flying with oxygen.

Todays smartly designed portable oxygen concentrator (POC) offers oxygen therapy patients mobility that was unheard of just a few years ago. No more hauling around bulky oxygen tanks or worrying about refilling liquid oxygen cylinders. POC's conveniently plug into standard electrical outlets or can be used with rechargeable batteries for further mobility. A frequently asked question is: "Can I use a portable oxygen concentrator on an airplane?"

Thanks to new Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, now you can. The FAA's decision has been hailed by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) for giving the more than 1 million Americans requiring daily oxygen therapy the opportunity for air travel. The FAA has approved certain models of POC's for on-board use. Two of those approved models are the Inogen One and the SeQual Eclispe. Both of these units are top-of-the-line POC's that offer a variety of benefits for oxygen therapy patients.

Although the FAA has approved these models for air travel, there are certain criteria that must be met to use a POC on-board aircraft. They include:

* You must inform the airline of intended on-board use of oxygen prior to departure

* You must have a written statement from your physician detailing your oxygen requirements

* The statement must also declare the POC user has the ability to hear, see, understand and respond to the unit's alarms

* You must ensure the unit is properly stored during takeoff and landing

Despite the FAA ruling, not all airlines permit POC's on-board. Here are some of the airlines that currently allow POC's during flight:

* American Airlines

* Alaskan Airlines

* ATA Airlines

* Delta Airlines

* Frontier Airlines

* Northwest Airlines

* Southwest Airlines

* Sun Country

It is a good idea to check with the carrier anyway before you book your flight. Each carrier will have their own set of requirements regarding traveling with a POC. Here are a few things to do before your flight to help eliminate any potential problems:

* Check in with your carrier well before your departure time

* Make sure your POC is clean and in good working condition

* Make sure you have your written physician's statement

* Bring enough fully charged batteries for the duration of your flight, including possible delays.

Don't let oxygen therapy keep you from visiting family and friends in distant places. The Inogen One and SeQual Eclipse give you the freedom to hop on an airplane and live the active life you deserve.

About the Author - Chuck Jaymes is an indoor air quality professional for Oxygen Concentrator and offers reviews and information about Portable Oxygen Concentrator for OscarAir, Inc.

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Well it saddens me that I can't attend this wonderful event for TK.  Unfortunately, my daughter has a gymnastics competition that weekend..Family gees LOL.  Anyway.  I hope you all have fun and travel safely.  Take lots of pictures and Sandi I know you will give TK a hug for me (this time you won't have to push me out of the way)

Gina your jewelry is still very beautiful!! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 

OMG!  I am so excited!  I just got confirmed for going on the cruise!  Can't wait to see everybody again!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.