Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
Michele

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #201 
If Katie can get a microwave and mini fridge in their bedroom, she'd never have to leave...lol
They had her picking out paint colors for the guest bedroom today? That was random. 
My prediction is: Ridge will be named CEO then Maya will eventually blow him out of the water with the affair accusation. Then it will hit the fan! 

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #202 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
Good Sunday Morning to us from Twitter!

Embedded image permalink

It is a good Friday morning too lol.
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #203 
  What position or title does Maya have? I know she is or was a model for the Forrester designs, but is that all?  That certainly wouldn't put her on the Board, would it? Makes no sense to me.
    I've really enjoyed this whole story line with Ridge and Caroline. Both actors have done a fantastic job and I will really miss the passion/control/conflict scenes if this truly is the end of it. Part of me hopes it's not really over.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #204 
I am not for man-handling of a woman, but Carter knew what Maya was going to say, he should have grabbed her by her hair and pulled her out of that room before she spoke!  F(%&^@ BITCH!  
ETA: Or, Carter should have, as a friend, alerted Ridge as to what she has been saying, that would have given Ridge a chance to prepare Caroline.

Feeling too sad to comment on Katie or Little pRicky today.  But I sure am glad Ridge was Eric's first choice.  And if he changes his mind tomorrow, he will be dead-to-me! 

But the look on Ridge's face at the end just broke my heart! I was afraid yesterday that Caroline was going to cave in to her guilt and blurt it out.  But it was much worse today when it happened in front of everyone!  I wish, oh how I wish she had denied it! It will be impossible to back-track now, after saying "a few kisses" [sigh]

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #205 
A few thoughts re today...

I didn't realize that Ridge had been CEO before, but if he screwed Eric over to get there, I can't say that I blame him. Seriously what kind of father publicly pits his two sons at each other the way Eric's eeny-meeny-miney-mo CEO selection process did?

I still don't understand Maya's function at CF, but as Rick's ex, WITF is she even still doing there sitting in the board room with him?

As for Caroline, too bad she didn't tell Maya to go fuck herself with the FC "F."

Ridge, too bad you didn't get the opportunity to offer to take Rick tie shopping.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #206 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
A few thoughts re today...

I didn't realize that Ridge had been CEO before, but if he screwed Eric over to get there, I can't say that I blame him. Seriously what kind of father publicly pits his two sons at each other the way Eric's eeny-meeny-miney-mo CEO selection process did?

I still don't understand Maya's function at CF, but as Rick's ex, WITF is she even still doing there sitting in the board room with him?

As for Caroline, too bad she didn't tell Maya to go fuck herself with the FC "F."

Ridge, too bad you didn't get the opportunity to offer to take Rick tie shopping.

I thought there were 3 people there that didn't belong. Maya of course, but in reality Hope and Caroline shouldn't have been there either. None of the three are share holders, officers in the company or Forrester's.

Apparently JY has seriously pissed off wardrobe. LOL

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #207 
Surprised that Caroline made that confession in front of everyone.  A year ago she would have lied her way out of it. I think part of her wanted it to come out, not in that way though. Ridge didn't look shocked so maybe he also wanted it to come out. The cat is out of the bag now, the only thing left is what the fallout will be. I'm looking forward to seeing it play out. 

I agree with you guys about the people at the meeting. Maya shouldn't have been there, nor Hope. Brook was missing as VP. What will Eric do now....

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #208 
First of all, YAY for the new Ridge shot in the opening credits [thud]  !  And for the image of a Ridge-kiss [thud] now in Little pRicky's head to torture him!

TPTB need to increase their cosmetics budget and buy some water/tears-proof mascara!  I still don't get how Caroline could cave so easily, and that too, in front of everyone, and that too when Maya (who SHOULD be fired for this) is the one attacking her?  And didn't the very much MARRIED w/child Hope-less kiss Liam the other day?  And she wants to throw rocks at Caroline now for just that?  This show has as much double-standard as AMC did, always propping their own favorites.

Little pRicky is just that, PRICK-Y, bringing up blood relations again, UGH.  But today, I wish I knew more of Ridge's history, about all his children and the incidents.  I hope Ridge lets loose on Eric tomorrow, for talking about using Caroline when he doesn't have all the facts, and for all the other unfairness of the past!  But did Caroline seem upset when he used the word "foolish infatuation"?  Can't wait to see if there is follow up on that tomorrow!  Really glad Ridge is on the next two days.

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #209 
Ridge:  "...careful, Maya...you're agenda's showing.''      [agree] 
God, I'd love to slap that smug look off her face! 

I agree, Searose...I think Caroline looked a little disappointed when Ridge referred to them as a ''foolish infatuation''. 
Loved the look of satisfaction on Ridge's face when he was looking at pRicky in his (pRicky's) 'visual' of Ridge & Caroline!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #210 
Ridge didn't get nearly enough screen time today - I was really ticked that little pRicky's endless pity party was given so many encores, and yes, searose, my own eyes stung just looking at that mascara running down Caroline's face! When Ridge did speak up his contempt was freezing cold, and as usual his zingers to pRicky were priceless, but why were the scenes so unbalanced?! And hey, Caroline, I think Ridge and your hubby's history is waaay relevant.

Because after watching pRicky's little Caridge fantasy (more than once...) it seems pretty clear to me that Caroline did the unforgiveable only because it was Ridge she kissed. And I also thought she looked a little disappointed at the foolish infatuation description.

Why was Ridge the only one to mention Maya's agenda? Caroline knows Maya's been after pRicky for ages. Yet she emerged totally unscathed.

But what really irked me more than anything is what Kathy mentioned before - how can any father set his sons against each other the way Eric does? Eric, whose marriage to Stephanie was laughably not one for the ages. And speaking of hypocrites, Hope set a very high bar today. I simply could not believe this vapid moron's utter gall in sitting in judgment on anybody.

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #211 
You ladies have already listed the things that I was going to post, so I'll just say "ditto".
What a bunch of hypocrites they all are! Especially Hope! None of them has a clean record in the morals dept. I also saw disappointment  on Caroline's face when Ridge trivialized their kiss. I wonder if this will make her bitter and vengeful toward him.......that would be a shame.    Maya should be burned at the stake.  I guess we have some good KRidge scenes coming up.
Michele

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #212 
I agree with all the posts for today too-- The river of mascara, the hypocrites, the diatribe by Rick, pain in the neck Maya.
One thing I noticed today was all the long city shots. Why do we need that many? Just one outside shot of F.C. is good enough for me. Also, I'm wondering how Ridge will tap dance his way out of this with Katie? 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #213 
As a very sporadic B&B viewer in the past, and regular B&B watcher only since the end of last year, I had little memory of Eric as anything other than the kind of benevolent-seeming universal father figure he is mostly portrayed as now. Sure, every once in awhile he's overstepped the boundaries (such as when he made Ridge and Brooke co-VP's in an effort to reunite them) every father of adults should observe, but Eric still seemed more bumbling and well-meaning than controlling.

In the past couple of days, though -- Eric's genial, supportive mask has really slipped! How could any father with any pretense of loving his children treat his two sons in such a destructive way, unless he really wants to see their hands wrapped around each other's throats? How could such a supposedly savvy businessman as Eric not be able to predict that he was creating his own FC Death Match?

It also actually shocked me that Rick raised the "you both married Mom! Ewww!" issue to Eric and Ridge, too, because that is one issue that IMO should never, ever, ever be mentioned on this show where the dating pool is so very shallow. Not to mention which, Rick himself is married to the namesake/niece of dear dead Caroline Spencer the First, Ridge's great pre-Brooke love, and then Rick of course fucked with both of Ridge's daughters! So when it comes to keeping it in the family, little pRicky has absolutely NO room to talk.

I did enjoy Ridge telling Rick, "Oh, grow up." Good luck with that, though, with parents like Brooke and Eric! And Ridge has been Rick's stepfather as often as not, another reason I think Eric well and truly stepped in it when he dangled the CEO-ship of CF in front of both Rick and Ridge. Even now Eric is fucking with them by making taking-back noises after giving it to Ridge. Even though I really don't have much use for Rick, the pampered, privileged, one-percenter tantrum-throwing Forrester scion that he is, the character I'm finding most despicable is Eric.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #214 
So here comes revenge-sex, in typical soap opera style!  Maya wouldn't have to let pRicky "go through this alone" if she didn't start something that wasn't necessary in the first place!  Bitch [2fingers]
The hypocritical one "un-followed" Caroline?  UGH!  And Carter hasn't done ANYTHING to help his friend Ridge, not giving him heads up, not telling Eric that this was just a gamble on Maya's part, without ANY proof?
I can't believe Eric talked about flesh and blood[explode].  SO like little pRicky, every insinuation and every accusation!  Not having watched before TK's casting news, I really thought Eric was better than this. I need to read up some more about their past, about Little pRicky killing Ridge's daughter and so on.  But I loved, absolutely LOVED Ridge standing up to Eric, and then his response to Caroline!  Loved how he shh..shed her and asked why she had to confess, loved how he talked about the smell of her hair!  The fact that Ridge was given a chance to stand up to Eric and to remind Caroline she was responsible too was wonderful to watch.  Those two scenes made up for so much of what was wrong with the show today, because as always, TK blew it out of the park [bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing]!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #215 
YESSSSSSSSSS!  Ridge called Rick "little Ricky."[rofl2]

Honestly, though, I was so mesmerized by Ridge and Caroline today that nothing else made much of a dent in my attention span. Ridge's attempt to push her away for her own good reminded a bit of one of my favorite Patrick and Marty scenes (when Patrick was imprisoned in Llanview jail and for her own protection lied to a devastated Marty that he'd only used her in Ireland).

Ridge's inability to maintain his facade of indifference and his reference to his magical moments with Caroline were, to me, magical. Joining your bowing team if I may, searose!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #216 
Despite my strong objections to Ridge and Caroline, I have since tried to like them, especially because it's clear the show is trying to destroy Kridge... But I'm finding it so hard... [frown]

Does anyone else think Linsey Godfrey's acting was so over the top the last few episodes? Her screeching hurt my ears, and I swear I actually didn't see any tears fall from her eyes. That trail of mascara was there from the beginning of the show, which makes me think she just got it put on by the make-up dept. Don't get me wrong, LG seems like a lovely girl, but her acting chops are just not up to par. I do think she has decent chemistry with TK, but the way she was ranting and raving over the last few episodes seemed manic and hysterical - and not in a good way.

I love TK and I will always try and support him but I don't want Ridge saddled with Caroline for the long term because, beyond their sexual chemistry, her acting style (or lack thereof) grates on me. I could deal with Ridge and Caroline having an affair, to get all that pent up sexual tension out of the way, but I don't see her as a long term viable partner. Sorry. I just don't. TK would always be carrying her, so to speak.

And if the writer's don't think HT's Katie is working with Ridge, then try him again with KKL. My dream would be TK and Rena Sofer together... but I just don't see it happening because of their characters.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #217 
This is not the place to debate actors' talents, and we don't allow actor bashing here. Personally, I thought she was pitch perfect.

My favorite moment of the show: Ridge tell Caroline "for the record, the times we spent working together, those were some of the most magical moments of my life." I loved it because, first of all, the way he said it, but also because it was meaningful and worked on different levels. And even though I wanted Ridge to really go off numerous times, especially on Eric, I thought his keeping control of himself in comparison just emphasized how truly heinous Eric's words were. And I still wonder why Eric seemed to think nothing of Rick's past with Ridge's daughters when he was making his decision, which sounded a whole lot worse to me than Ridge kissing Rick's wife.

But I really enjoyed the whole Ridge/Caroline interaction after Eric left. I loved how they both took responsibility and didn't tear into the other one. I loved Ridge's honesty, and I loved the way Caroline reacted to him. That's one of my favorite things about this storyline, just the way she reacts to him, however it is.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #218 
Oh my...I'm fickle and I'm selfish.  I'm enjoying Ridge/Caroline and Ridge/Katie (what there is of them since the proposal) way too much to choose only one.  I want lots of both.  Ahhhh, the TK magic is alive and well ;-)  Bring it!

Quote:

Ridge's inability to maintain his facade of indifference and his reference to his magical moments with Caroline were, to me, magical. Joining your bowing team if I may, searose!    

YES!!!  Did you see Ridge's eyes roam over her when he made mention of little Ricky not being stupid enough to walk away from her?  [thud]

[bowing]

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #219 
Oh the opening scenes have left such a bad taste in my mouth!  And then the lengthy flashbacks of the wedding-ring-stealer and Little pRicky [rolleyes].  Little pRicky IS a trantrum throwing child, he not only refused to talk things out with his wife, but had to be so cruel to her when she showed up?  All over her kissing Ridge?  Christy, I am with you, it is unforgivable only because it is Ridge that Caroline kissed.

But Ridge/Katie scenes broke my heart!  Watching Ridge take responsibility and trying to explain things to Katie is, in a way, refreshing for soaps, but I could see how much it was killing him, on one hand, not being able to explain how he really felt in those magical moments, and on the other hand, knowing how Katie was going to be hurt.  And I do understand it hurt her, but to compare it to $PIG's lies?  I don't know when and where they are going to pick up this fallout for Ridge, but these scenes have been acting gems of TK/HT/LG, and I am appreciating all of them [bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing].
(OhKaye, so I made the bowing team a little bigger today, for Kathy and anybody else who wants to join, LOL).

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #220 
Is it weird to find a break up scene romantic? Rhetorical question, I know it is, and I know "romantic" is the wrong word, but I found Ridge and Katie's confrontation as enjoyable to watch as any love scene. I thought it was realistic and natural - and the acting was sublime and the dialogue hit the nail on the head.  I liked Kridge, I loved the poetry, I'm sorry Kridge never got the stories and air time they deserved...and I find it painfully ironic that now when they're breaking up they're getting such good scenes together.

But Katie ticked me off when she compared Ridge to Bill, I thought that was really hitting where she wanted to tie the red string, especially since Bill lied his sleazy ass off about what he'd done to Ridge, while Ridge was honest with her about Caroline.

P.S. Add me to the synchronized bowing team!

Michele

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #221 
I thought the scene with TK and HT was refreshingly realistic. Add me to the bow team. They were awesome!  
I am glad Katie addressed the red ribbon.  She should have received a ring by now. Right?
I wonder what they will do with these 2 couples now. Ridge has a history of having 2 women in his heart at one time. 
I was surprised at what Rick said at the end, that was the last thing I was expecting. An updated 2014 version of "Frankly Scarlett...."

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #222 
I also join Searose's row of bowers. I've been loving this whole series of episodes lately, and think all the actors are doing a fantastic job. Of course, TK  ALWAYS does. I feel for Ridge and Caroline, both of whom are trying to balance their real and understandable attraction to each other with their feelings of guilt. I also understand Katie's hurt and disappointment.  (TK really aced that scene! )   I'm torn myself, because I like all three of them to the point that I can't decide which way I'd like this to go. Actually, I'm more worried that Ridge, if now rejected by both C and K,  will do his usual thing and return to Brooke.  Uggggg!! Now THAT would upset me!  I don't like or trust her and I don't want her anywhere near Ridge. But I guess there are still lots of B/R fans that would welcome that solution.  (As for Maya and pRicky,  who gives a hoot?....they deserve each other.)
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #223 
I saw the tension, longing & passion in the looks they gave each other & I personally think this is far from over between Ridge & Caroline.  They may try to end it, but I think the attraction may be too strong.  I've watched B-B for most of the last 28 yrs & I can honestly say Ridge - the character - definitely has a history of being attracted & loving two women at once!  I'm in Alina's camp - I'm fine with whichever woman he's with in the scene of the moment!  Shallow end.  But TK is slamming it out of the park! I've loved the acting the past few days - incredible!  Joining the bowing team [bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing]  Kudos all!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #224 
Sign me up for the bowing team too!
Loved today's show, even though it made me so sad for Ridge.  It wasn't just the words he said, but the emotion that TK brought to it with his sad eyes and guilty lips...he broke my heart.  He makes you forget that he's acting............that's acting!

I don't think this is over between Ridge and Caroline either.  I think Katie's going to have a hard time coming back from this, and we all know where Little pRicky stands....[rolleyes]......right next to Maya.....good luck with that!!

Ridge and Caroline are going to need someone to comfort them....IJS.    [kiss_cheek]

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #225 
I agree with all of you previous posters on the level of acting this week - everyone has just been great  but this is the first time since TK joined the show that I think he has found some real chemistry with one of the female actresses.  He and Heather Tom are sweet together, but he and Lindsey Godfrey are really on fire.  They both showed that there are so many nuances to this complicated relationship.  I'm looking forward to watching B&B more now than at any other time since I've started watching (when TK joined the cast).
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #226 
Is there a LIKE button for Carter?  I was upset till yesterday that he did not give heads up to Ridge about what Maya was up to.  But him not judging Ridge and actually showing concern for him won me over!

On the other end, Eric is SO DEAD TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!  For judging Ridge, for reversing his decision, for berating him, and for proving by his actions that blood is all that matters to him.  It wasn't wrong for him to marry the woman that was the love of his son's life for so many years and father a child with her, but it was wrong for Ridge and Caroline to kiss and stop themselves from crossing the line?  I don't think I will ever forgive Eric after this!

And Little pRicky got even prickier today, didn't think it was possible for him to be any bigger an ass than he has been, but he proved me wrong.  The way he has reacted to the whole mess and the way he is treating Caroline shows he and "Myrna" certainly deserve each other!

Now, saving the best for the last, RIDGE/TK, another heart-breaking performance today!  His "I am CEO" was full of regret, guilt, self-blame, uncertainly of where he stood with Katie.  And then came a desperate attempt to make Eric understand what had transpired, and eagerness to reassure Eric that he was ready to be CEO of FC, and the disappointment at hearing what Eric for spewing!  So much in just a few short minutes!  I can write an essay about how magnificently TK delivered the scenes, but for now, I will just repeat the    [bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing][bowing]  !

Ridge did tell Eric a few days back that he CAN NOT work for Little pRicky, I hope he walks out on FC and starts a rival firm, one that would be nightmare for Little pRicky!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #227 
     Ridge is breaking my heart in every scene.  Searose, you mentioned one of the sadest...that "I am CEO."  Only three ironic words, but oh, the multitude of feelings on that face!  What a master our TK is!
Michele

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #228 
I agree with you all. TK killed it today! Curious what Ridge will do now. He will never work for his younger brother. I like the idea mentioned above about opening his own design firm. The show used to have 2 design firms. Back in the days of Sally.
I'm not liking that Eric is all of a sudden the paragon of virtue. He is almost sounding like Hope. And Hope's "unfollowing" of Caroline was stupid. She sure showed Caroline! 
It's not like Eric was always a saint. And naming a CEO one day then reversing it the next doesn't show very good judgement either. Pot, meet kettle. 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #229 
Ridge seemed so boyish and vulnerable today....the way he said he was the CEO killed me, I could almost hear a subconscious "be careful what you wish for." I wish he and Carter had had longer scenes because Ridge needs somebody to talk to and he can be himself. Eric is unspeakable, it feels like he never really wanted to choose Ridge for CEO in the first place, that he only did because it would look bad if he didn't, and that all his protesting too much about how he and Stephanie were such a power couple was just a smokescreen for his true feelings about Ridge - that's taking out his resentment of Stephanie cheating on him on Ridge and Caroline.

But I still love Ridge and Eric scenes and TK was breathtaking today going from Ridge's self-aware, rueful realization to his brave attempts to pick up the pieces with his father in the face of what he probably deep down knew was coming.

There should be a bowing olympics!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #230 
[bowing] Token bowing - don't want to be redundant.  TK broke my heart today & Christy your description nailed what I saw - he was boyish in his exuberance & practically giddy.  Then his bubble got burst & Eric was the epitome of hypocrisy - kettle meet pot is exactly right!  Eric, as some said on Twitter, has spent his entire life living by his zipper & to call out Ridge this way for some kisses is ludicrous!  But I do love JMcC & TK scenes - dynamite!  I wish Caroline had laid Maya/Myrna out on the floor! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #231 
It's bad enough that we have a no-Ridge day right smack in the middle of a what could be Ridge s/l, and leaving me to wonder how he is dealing with Eric's total asshole-ness, with Katie's hurt, with his own guilt/remorse/fear/loss/etc.etc.etc., but to add insult to the injury, we have more of the same from the biggest hypocritical bitch of the town (Caroline is only in the wrong because she is married to HER brother, it wasn't wrong for her to bed-hop between two brothers for months, and not wrong for her to kiss Liam a week ago!!!!!!), more of the fake party nonsense, and more of pompous-ass father-son duo!

ERIC IS SO DEAD TO ME!  [explode] [2fingers] [POd] [pthfft] [burnup] [fing08] [gaah]Reversing a business decision over a kiss or two?  If that's how the business world worked, I think most of the boardrooms would have empty chairs!  I hope Little pRicky runs FC into the ground, with "Myrna" on her hands and knees in the dirt, while Ridge and Caroline and their new firm become the most powerful fashion house on this side of Atlantic!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #232 
Searose I like the way you think - works for me!  It was hard sitting thru this one.  Never saw Big Bro before so I had no clue who these bozos were - are they sure they weren't from Duck Dynasty?  Anyway - glad that one is over & I'll just twiddle my thumbs til Ridge comes back on my screen.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #233 
Ditto Sharon and Searose.... Bad enough there was no Ridge today but we had to watch a frat party instead...I don't like the knee jerk reaction of Eric...your not in business for that many years and then make a decision on your emotions or the emotions of others...
WE WANT TK!!  I hope he is back on Monday..  [HWBlinky1]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #234 
Quote:
Never saw Big Bro before so I had no clue who these bozos where - are they sure they weren't from Duck Dynasty?   

OMG, I thought they WERE from Duck Dynasty.  Only when I saw the details on my DTV guide that I knew they weren't, LOL.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #235 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Quote:
Never saw Big Bro before so I had no clue who these bozos where - are they sure they weren't from Duck Dynasty?   

OMG, I thought they WERE from Duck Dynasty.  Only when I saw the details on my DTV guide that I knew they weren't, LOL.

I thought they were at first, too, and what a horrible thought -then it felt strange to be relieved that they were from a different reality show, because it pisses me off that any reality show is stealing air time from a soap. But WTF is the show thinking?! If they want to do a cross over why on earth don't they do some fashion/model show? Not that I'd want that either but at least it wouldn't look like such a blatant attempt to publicize another show on the cheap.

Anyway, I did get a laugh from the show today, when Maya found out Rick had told Eric he didn't want the job and Rick was too dense to see she was trying to manipulate him into accepting it just so she could be with the new CEO.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.