Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 10      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
NOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Not a father-son WTD story!

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONNONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody tell me I'm wrong!!!!!

The full bottle of muscado is aimed at my lips!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

You're wrong!
If the vasectomy was 100% successful it's not going to be a WTD. Which is even worse, lol.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
First I gotta say, I'm actually relieved that it was only a vasectomy and Ridge doesn't have a terminal disease. Vasectomies can be reversed. Today for the first time I really noticed that, very unusual for a soap, B&B doesn't have any doctor characters. Hell, it doesn't even have a hospital. Normally I'd be just fine with that, except today all I could think was Ridge needs to talk to a doctor! Not Brooke! Augh! What will she do with this info?!

If he wants a kid with Caroline, that is. And based on his behavior yesterday, I really do think he does. But yeah, this storyline has WTD written all over it. And given who the other potential D is, this requires something stronger than wine. Speaking of that, Caroline's mental ability has been impaired by wine and drugs. So I'm really getting creepier than usual vibes from Thomas

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
September looks promising for some great Rscenes!!!!!!!!!  As long as we FF through all the Denmark Tourism commericals [wink]

But sadly, yes Kathy, I had a feeling they were going there after reading the spoilers, the worst kind of WTD s/l [burnup], which I would not be watching if it weren't for TK and his magnificence!  Back to "great Rscenes", Ridge looked so defeated when he sat on the stairs holding that mysterious piece of paper  [tear]   And then came the V word we dreaded [sigh]  How I wish all this conversations had been with Katie and not her big sister though!

The finger snapper had assumed Ridge was talking to Caroline about having a baby, and had told the ASS as much.  And yet, she knocks on Ridge's door, and the ASS so innocently calls up Caroline to pick her brain about the designs at the same time?  Two peas in a pod, aren't they?  But the ASS, knowing what kind of state of mind Caroline is in, and after all that alcohol (even if he doesn't know about the pills she popped before he arrived), and after Caroline repeatedly making it clear to him about her wanting to be with Ridge and her willingness to compromise and sacrifice her dream, the ASS touching her, kissing her, and if he proceeds to have sex with her when she is visibly so intoxicated, I will call it nothing less than RAPE [explode] !!!!!!!!!!!

Both TK and LG are doing such a fantastic job with their highly emotional scenes [bowing] [bowing]

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie
Quote:

You're wrong!
If the vasectomy was 100% successful it's not going to be a WTD. Which is even worse, lol.

She could be pregnant already with Ridge's baby, though. Extremely unlikely maybe, but I'd be surprised if there was such a thing as a 100% foolproof vasectomy on any soap including this one. ETA Besides, these are Ridge's swimmers....

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Quote:

You're wrong!

From your lips!

I'm just afraid that Thomas knocks up Caroline, and she's flying too high to remember (WTF kind of anti-anxiety med was that? Only two pills sent her tripping? Pam must take an industrial strength dose!), so when she realizes she's preggers she has no reason not to think Ridge is the daddy -- neither does Ridge, since Thomas of course keeps, er, mum. about it, and vasectomies have been known to fail, especially soap snips. So there is an outside chance Ridge is the father. Here's hoping!

I know way too much about vasectomies thanks to soaps...

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Well I saw this coming a mile away.  Me no likey but I can't say I didn't expect it.  They haven't had a WTD s/l on B-B in a long time that I remember.  Anyway - this is everything:
Quote:
Besides, these are Ridge's swimmers....
  [sperm]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Ugh, I knew it.  I have all sorts of sickening scenarios dancing in my head...

I'll start with the best case scenario...Nothing happened because Caro passed out but she doesn't remember there was no shenanighans!  Caro being preggers then would mean she's already carrying Ridge's baby. 

No matter how you slice this, Ridge is headed for a world of pain because even if the snip didn't take hold...he doesn't know that.  Any pregnancy that Caroline announces, to him, will equal Caro sleeping with someone else even if she didn't, even if he's the dad.   I'm more concerned about the promo for this week that shows Ridge carrying the bassinet.  Looks like he's going to tell her kids are no longer off the table but will he keep the V a secret (thinking he'll just go have it reversed) or will he let her know the truth.  Well, this is B&B so I'm going to go with...he doesn't tell her the truth which would suck (especially since the spider knows) but then again, I don't think Caro will be revealing to him what she thinks went on with Thomass and isn't telling him about Steffy's secret either so at least withholding truths isn't just one sided.

I read somewhere (SOD possibly) that B&B is casting a recurring role for a no-nonsense doctor between the ages of 50-60.  I would think if this in fact is truth, Ridge will be paying him a visit shortly.

Thomass is pathetic and crossed into sleazy rapist territory.  Caroline was obviously out of it.  She was distraught, talked about her love for Ridge non-stop, drunk (even if he doesn't know she popped the pills).  If he really cared about Caroline, he would have put his daddy/inferiority issues aside and not crossed the lines he crossed.  He would have poured her a cup of coffee, listened to her and respected her.  What kind of a punk gets turned on by a weeping woman who spends the entire time talking bout how much she loves someone else. 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
What kind of a punk gets turned on by a weeping woman who spends the entire time

talking bout how much she loves someone else.

Alina, I've been looking through my Thesaurus to come up with the suitable

adjective becoming ThomASS and that one hasn't been discovered yet so I will just say

there are NO words!!!

Just when I thought he couldn't stoop any lower... this is rape ... Caroline was under

the influence of pills and alcohol!!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I think there is a word & I think Alina used it - he's a rapist!  What else could you call it?  Guys are on the sex offender registry for far less. 

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Who hits on a girl that got dumped 5 minutes ago and is drunk? I will be sick if Thomass does anything to her....

I am still over here cheering for CaRidge!!! [yippee]

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
Who hits on a girl that got dumped 5 minutes ago and is drunk? I will be sick if Thomass does anything to her....

The preview for today has her in a robe crying and the bed is unmade so they definitely had sex.

What I would hate more than anything was for Caroline to start falling for him after that. I know it sounds insane but the fact that the promo was called "Who will she choose?" and the fact that official BB account posted that things got "steamy" between Caroline/Thomas scares me and infuriates me at the same time. [barf]
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele

I know it sounds insane but the fact that the promo was called "Who will she choose?" and the fact that official BB account posted that things got "steamy" between Caroline/Thomas scares me and infuriates me at the same time. [barf]

Oh, you're not alone!  The shit they've been tweeting is enough to give me a heart attack.  Not sure if they are serious or just want to stir the pot and get fans talking and bickering.  I think they are catering to the lowest/most shallow fans in their demographics.  I wouldn't put anything best them!  I can totally see them trying to romanticize what went down.  I'll be interested to see if PF and LG's perception of what happened is the same or if they have opposing views during their live twitter chat today. 

sweetautumn

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
"Dear Brad Bell,

Women do not like men to stick their penises in them when they are too intoxicated and/or medicated to consent. It's not romantic. It's not steamy. Please cease and desist immediately. 

Thanks in advance
NP "

This person spoke my mind, Amen! 

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
What I don't understand is: Why didn't Ridge just TELL  Caroline about the vasectomy instead of letting her think he was rejecting HER?   I know he wanted to "set her free",  but if he is so big on everyone having a free choice, wasn't he robbing her of that very thing? They could have hashed it out and looked for a solution they could both accept.
Maybe it would not be perfect, but it would be less painful than what is happening now.
LilBit318

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #16 
If anyone is doing the live tweet thing with Caro/Thom today, bring some of this up. You don't have to be mean about it but they need to hear how many of the fans feel on this issue along with BB.

I've heard Bell doesn't really care what the fans think and its starting to show by how B&B is beginning to lose veiwers in the numbers game.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
I swear, if I didn't love TK so much, I would turn this show off right now.  I know it would be better for my blood pressure!  I should know better than to get too invested in a couple; after the roller coaster ride of Zach and Kendall, I swore that I was done.  But then Ridge and Caro sucked me in and now I'm back teeter-tottering between elation and aggravation.  All soap couples have their peaks and valleys, but it seems like for some the valleys just keep getting lower and more frequent.  It's good to have this forum where I can express how I feel and other people understand.  Thanks for being here.  It's helps to know I'm not the only one.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #18 
Damn, just damn. So Ridge was going to tell her, I knew it. Much to Brooke's pursed-lips disapproval of course, but who cares about that!

But seriously, what plot driven crap. There was absolutely zero reason for Ridge to have a vasectomy since he obviously wasn't even in a relationship in Paris - unless the show is going to dredge up a previously unknown Parisian love interest within childbearing age for him. Which I naturally would find very interesting, but as far as I can see, the only reason for Ridge's retroactive vasectomy was to provide Caroline with a reason to run out, self-medicate, and be preyed on by his opportunistic son.

Oh, the supreme irony of this show affecting to be so current on certain issues, but somehow whoever is writing this neglected to notice that it is now 2015 and the news is full of men being charged with rape for having sex with drugged and/or drunken women - finally. What's even more disgusting to me is how they are trying to portray Thomas as more of victim than Caroline in his don't-look-at-me! self-serving remorse! I'm sorry, he took advantage of her, pure and simple. So what if he didn't know about the pills, he knew she was more than tipsy. He also knew she was extremely emotionally fragile. UGH!

I hate, hate, hate
that Ridge and Caroline's storyline has been derailed in such an ugly way and don't know how I'm gonna be able to take it when Ridge finally does talk to Caroline!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
RAPE!!!!!!!  RAPE!!!!!!  RAPE!!!!!!!!!!!

I said it yesterday, I will say it again today, I will say it until TPTB hear me, it is RAPE, and RAPE is never "steamy", it is never "entertaining", it is never "romantic"! 

Even if the creep didn't know about the pills, he had to be blind to not see that Caroline was impaired, to say the least!  And he wants to talk as if he did her a favor, as if she being "emotional" and him not knowing about the pills gives him a free pass!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry if people disagree with me here, but the only thing I blame Caroline for is running out of the room instead of talking it out with Ridge.  May be she should not have allowed the creep to come over, but she thought he was going to be a friend she could talk to.  She did not ask for THIS to happen!  Even when she was almost passed out, she kept saying how much she loves Ridge, and when she woke up, the first word out of her mouth was Ridge (who she thought was lying next to her), and her anger, her repulsed reaction, her words to the ASS only tell me that she would have never betrayed him like this if she had not been so impaired.

But for this piece of shit that is so unworthy of being Ridge's son to take advantage of her like this is nothing but RAPE!

Ironic, Ridge's words "when she wakes up, it's all gonna make sense to her" [sigh]

Christy, it is sad that they had to derail Ridge/Caroline story like this, may be they can turn it into a story of real love.  It's not too late, unless TPTB are determined to ruin them permanently.  But really, "who will she choose?"  REALLY?  If she chooses the creep after what happened, she will be "dead-to-me", even if she is pregnant, he should not be an option!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Christy that is exactly the point I was trying to make yest.   I think in view of the transgender s/l being so touted by B&B as ground breaking & trying to be so progressive in their portrayal - this is a total reversal of the progress made with that.  I don't know how it could ever be perceived as being consensual even if Thomas didn't know she took pills.  A man should never take advantage of a woman who is drunk regardless of whether she took pills.  I find this very disturbing personally on every level.  It is plot driven of course, just to put the two in bed together to advance their s/l, which makes it all the more upsetting that they are so cavalier about it as if that's all ok.  It is not ok, it is not cool, it was not pretty & IA with everyone, if TK weren't doing this s/l right now I could not watch.  I would not want to be a party to it for the sake of my own daughter, my granddaughters, nieces & all the other women I know.  It is insulting.  I hoped we'd moved beyond accepting this kind of crap.  Thomas is a criminal IMO.  It is indeed a supreme irony.  I wish so much that Caroline had called the police on him!  Now thanks for letting me vent!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbert
I swear, if I didn't love TK so much, I would turn this show off right now.  I know it would be better for my blood pressure!  I should know better than to get too invested in a couple; after the roller coaster ride of Zach and Kendall, I swore that I was done.  But then Ridge and Caro sucked me in and now I'm back teeter-tottering between elation and aggravation.  All soap couples have their peaks and valleys, but it seems like for some the valleys just keep getting lower and more frequent.  It's good to have this forum where I can express how I feel and other people understand.  Thanks for being here.  It's helps to know I'm not the only one.
Katbert, I am 100% with you, as I am sure many on this board are.  If it wasn't for my obsession with any and all TK characters, I wouldn't be watching this shit, and my blood pressure would thank me for it, LOL.  These past two episodes are especially hard to take.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
Christy that is exactly the point I was trying to make yest.   I think in view of the transgender s/l being so touted by B&B as ground breaking & trying to be so progressive in their portrayal - this is a total reversal of the progress made with that.  I don't know how it could ever be perceived as being consensual even if Thomas didn't know she took pills.  A man should never take advantage of a woman who is drunk regardless of whether she took pills.  I find this very disturbing personally on every level.  It is plot driven of course, just to put the two in bed together to advance their s/l, which makes it all the more upsetting that they are so cavalier about it as if that's all ok.  It is not ok, it is not cool, it was not pretty & IA with everyone, if TK weren't doing this s/l right now I could not watch.  I would not want to be a party to it for the sake of my own daughter, my granddaughters, nieces & all the other women I know.  It is insulting.  I hoped we'd moved beyond accepting this kind of crap.  Thomas is a criminal IMO.  It is indeed a supreme irony.  I wish so much that Caroline had called the police on him!  Now thanks for letting me vent!
OMG Sharon, I am too upset to be coherent right now, but you are so spot on with this comparison!  Shame on B&B!
As for your last point, I am sure she would not call the cops for FC's sake, but I do hope she tells Ridge the truth, as painful as it would be for him.  And SoapGods forbid she got pregnant last night, the ASS's punishment should be to be banished from that child's life forever, and let RIDGE raise that child who would then grow up to be a good human being!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #23 
Agree with all the above re today's show! You all said it better than I could. Today was so intense. I'm still mostly incoherent.

I actually found myself feeling sorry for the actor who plays Thomas. He did a good job of portraying Thomas' incredulous reaction to Caroline's absolutely horrified panic at finding him in her bed. But there is just no way to spin what Thomas did, especially not in this day and age of sickening Bill Cosby revelations. No, Thomas didn't drug Caroline, but if he truly missed that she was impaired while they were having sex, then he must be some kind of sociopath, too.

I would hate to be Thomas if and when Ridge ever finds out what he did!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

I am sorry if people disagree with me here, but the only thing I blame Caroline for is running out of the room instead of talking it out with Ridge.  May be she should not have allowed the creep to come over, but she thought he was going to be a friend she could talk to.  She did not ask for THIS to happen!  Even when she was almost passed out, she kept saying how much she loves Ridge, and when she woke up, the first word out of her mouth was Ridge (who she thought was lying next to her), and her anger, her repulsed reaction, her words to the ASS only tell me that she would have never betrayed him like this if she had not been so impaired.

I KNOW!!!! It's like whoever is writing this took a look at Bill Cosby and said we'll make it so Caroline drugs herself, then nobody can accuse Thomas of anything!

But it doesn't work like that. It just doesn't. Caroline is not to blame regardless of how many pills she swallowed. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
I wish so much that Caroline had called the police on him!  Now thanks for letting me vent!

OMG, so do I!

VENT AWAY, EVERYONE!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
 ThomAss is insulting Caroline's and our intelligence by saying he didn't know about

the pills, she was clearly drunk and that shuts down your inhibitions... period!

He is acting like a moron which btw HE IS "had  I known about the pills" come on!!!!

THomASS is a bold face liar ,no way in the state that she was in, did she consent !!!!

This is the time that one of  his sleazy daydreams can come in handy and show us

that he undressed her when she passed out and nothing happened , just to keep her

indebted to him!!!

Ridge is mature and calm and thinks Caroline will handle things like he did when he

returned to L.A. with an open heart for Brooke only to be blindsided with news of her

part in manipulating her sister and having an affair with $Bill!

... but then he probably forgot that time ,when he had just had his face messed 

up by  "uncle bill " and Caroline was freaking out and Ridge held her and told her

to breath and work thru it???... 

I know we should not condone violence but what I would give to see Ridge smack

that despicable twit son of his in the face and shove that pinky ring down his

throat!!!  

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Agree with all the above re today's show! You all said it better than I could. Today was so intense. I'm still mostly incoherent.

I actually found myself feeling sorry for the actor who plays Thomas. He did a good job of portraying Thomas' incredulous reaction to Caroline's absolutely horrified panic at finding him in her bed. But there is just no way to spin what Thomas did, especially not in this day and age of sickening Bill Cosby revelations. No, Thomas didn't drug Caroline, but if he truly missed that she was impaired while they were having sex, then he must be some kind of sociopath, too.

I would hate to be Thomas if and when Ridge ever finds out what he did!

ITA Kathy, it was so intense, I feel like the rest of my day is pretty much ruined, and unless someone comes by and peels my fingers off my keyboard, I WILL vent away all day (so Christy, please don't encourage me, for everyone's sake, LOL), the show was just UGH!  This is one time I regret shunning social media, if I were on Twitter etc., I would have bombarded B&B TPTB about how wrong they are!

And yes, the actor did a good job.  And I do wish Ridge would find out.  Just because I know there is one thing in this sucky s/l that we can count on to be phenomenally great = Mr. Kaye's magnificent performance!  Ooh, I get goose bumps just thinking about it!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
 ThomAss was shocked at how repulsed Caroline was at the thought of them having sex

and dismissive of her love for his father!!!

Caroline and Ridge will make it through this hurdle and ThomASS will come clean and

confess nothing happened just like with Brooke in that island.... I am crossing my

fingers!!!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
I'm spent!  You all are preaching to the choir; I call what he did date rape!  I don't for a second believe he was too drunk to notice Caroline's emotional state/physical state.  He wasn't the one that gave her the pills but even if there were no pills...what kind of pervert takes Caroline's tears and pain as a sign that she wants to get laid, by her bf's son, two minutes after they break up!  He was stone cold sober when she was sobbing hysterically and talking about how much she loves Ridge.  Right before he kissed her...she told him 3 Times that he was a friend.  That's all she saw him as.  He's been wanting to drive a wedge between CaRidge since day one and he saw the opportunity to have her, even if she was half dead at the time, and took it.  There is no condoning what he did.  At the very, very least, he took advantage of a woman he claims to care about, in her most vulnerable state.  What kind of a moron does he have to be to actually think, after what he witnessed, that Caroline would welcome his advances and happily jump into bed with him.  So fucked up!

Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Does Thomas have some sort of mental disability or is he blind and deaf? He said Caroline "reached out to him" and that them making love was beautiful. The woman I saw yesterday was in no condition to have sex, she could barely keep her eyes open! Did he confuse reality with his perverted fantasies again?

He also kept saying that if he knew about the pills he wouldn't have made a move. So, it's ok to come on to a woman who's very drunk, heartbroken, and keeps talking about her love for another man but it's not ok if she also took 2 pills. Got it.

I better not see that creep talk down to Ridge again, after what he did to his girlfriend. [burnup]

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Make no mistake, Searose, I have made up for you not being on social media today!  I've done nothing but vent to B&B and whomever else keeps asking my opinion - because they are getting it!  This sullies the whole s/l & the point really should be what Thomas did to this girl who was basically rendered unconscious - he might as well have been with a cadaver!  Bill Cosby, much?  It is ludicris & they lose their entire credibility for the other progressive stories when they missed this.  Shame on B&B!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Thomass must be a complete idiot to think that was real!! Really?  No words in the English language to discuss how disgusting this is..

I am very disappointed in Brad Bell... He is so busy patting himself on the back for being a forerunner of transgender issues that he completely set women's issues back to the stone age with this drunk date rape stuff with Caroline...Hate it!!

A big DITTO with everything everyone else has said today....

I'm just pissed...Too pissed off to articulate intelligently about this stupid ass story line..

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #32 
Sharon, I'm glad you're letting it rip via social media! Speaking of regressing to the stone age, I can't recall being this disgusted and pissed off by a storyline since Port Charles trivialized honor killing (and then deliberately mischaracterized our reaction to it).

It's hard, no impossible, to imagine what Brad Bell et all were thinking by going this route -- I mean, Luke and Laura happened, what, 35 years ago (even though it seems like yesterday, gulp) and even then it was controversial and GH wanted us to think we didn't see exactly what we saw! Now, even though we didn't even actually see anything except the morning after, there is no ambiguity about what happened to Caroline, none at all.

The character of Thomas has been destroyed by it, and if B&B eventually tries to go the Caroline/Thomas route, which I'm sure it is, Caroline will be destroyed too, sacrificed to prop a rapist. I just don't get the rationale behind this storyline decision all. IMO about all they should do with Thomas now is accidentally kill him off a la Johnny Belinda.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:

Ironic, Ridge's words "when she wakes up, it's all gonna make sense to her" [sigh]

I knew as soon as those words came out of his mouth, that we were in for the nightmare that followed! 
I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've all posted.....plain and simple, that was RAPE!  There was NO consent on Caroline's part, implied or not!  She was in no state to consent!  What part of her telling Thomas that she was in love with Ridge didn't he understand?!?  [burnup]

Kudos to LG for that amazing performance!  The raw emotion, full of disgust and disbelief at what happened, was so real.  [clap]
I sure hope that Ridge finds out about this.  He'll be devastated and enraged at the same time, and we all know what TK will do with that!!  

Thorsten, you've brought us on some wild rides before, and I can't wait to see where you take us with this one!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
I knew something similar happened between Ridge/Caroline 1 (she was drunk and thought he was Thorne, he was drunk as well) but I just read that this is pretty much a copy from a story that happened in 2006!!

Here's a summary from soapcentral.
"Having taken antianxiety pills to deal with the stress, Brooke was out of it and unable to consent to making love when Ridge came on to her. Ridge was horrified to realize he had unintentionally raped Brooke."

!!!!!
Brooke even took the same pills Caroline did. WTF??? Can't they come up with anything original?
AshleyBBGirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Reading everyone's posts makes me mad all over again. Poor Caroline and Ridge...this is so heartbreaking. I really hate Thomas. What were they thinking!
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 

We are all outraged at this s/l but maybe Caroline will do what victims of

this crime usually do not because they feel ashamed and embarrassed to do.... and

get him arrested!!!

... maybe that is the message Bell is conveying????

ThomASS  needs help ,and  by pressing charges ,he  will get it... he is delusional,

saying that what went down was beautiful... the first name Caroline uttered when she

regained consciousness was RIDGE!!!

sweetautumn

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
I knew something similar happened between Ridge/Caroline 1 (she was drunk and thought he was Thorne, he was drunk as well) but I just read that this is pretty much a copy from a story that happened in 2006!!

Here's a summary from soapcentral.
"Having taken antianxiety pills to deal with the stress, Brooke was out of it and unable to consent to making love when Ridge came on to her. Ridge was horrified to realize he had unintentionally raped Brooke."

!!!!!
Brooke even took the same pills Caroline did. WTF??? Can't they come up with anything original?

Wow!! What he did to Brooke was horrible. No wonder some people call Ridge a rapist.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
... on a happier note, I'm looking forward to a Ridge and Caroline reunion... it will be

bittersweet for Caroline with that night from hell weighing on her conscious... she

must tell Ridge...she was understandably out of her mind  because she was facing a

future without Ridge's love so she took pills and booze to numb her pain and

then ....

and this part is very disturbing Ridge.... "your son is sick and needs help, I

was devastated at the thought of just having lost you forever and I kept  drinking

wine to help my heartache to go away at and I couldn't stop talking about how much

I love you and when I passed out, in ThomASS's demented mind , professing my

undying love for you meant, he could VIOLATE me!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #39 

Did not know that about Ridge and Brooke -- and frankly, wish I didn't! But I found the scenes on Youtube -- and YUCK. It looked really, really creepy. IMO Ridge had become creepy and hard to watch over the years, which was one of the reasons I stopped watching B&B even sporadically. Now, to me, with TK playing him, Ridge is just a whole new character.

So if you want to talk about Ridge being a rapist -- please take it somewhere else. Thanks.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/who%E2%80%99s-best-man-bbs-caroline
Vote everyone!

Kathy [fing02]

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
OMG, did TIIC pick the wrong day for so much SWIL drama [rolleyes] !

Ridge pretty much put his heart and his love at Caroline's feet today, and I am SO moved beyond words at those scenes [bowing]  I wish Caroline would start a new soap tradition and go to the hospital for the "morning-after" treatment, even if she doesn't want to press charges!  Because after this, it HAS TO BE Ridge's baby!

What a marvelous treat watching Mr. Kaye this week [bowing]  [bowing]  [bowing]  [bowing]

sweetautumn

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Ronn Moss's Ridge took advantage/raped Brooke. That's why I am saying someone hated him for it. Yes, with TK playing Ridge, thing are different. I can't see something like that happened with his Ridge. Unfortunately, he's still the same person.      
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetautumn
Ronn Moss's Ridge took advantage/raped Brooke. That's why I am saying someone hated him for it. Yes, with TK playing Ridge, thing are different. I can't see something like that happened with his Ridge. Unfortunately, he's still the same person.      

Again, if you or anyone else wants to discuss Ridge issues before TK assumed the role, please take it somewhere else. It's always been against our spelled-out board rules to bring crap from other boards here, and to post negatively about his characters, because this board is a safe haven for TK fans.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Now, to me, with TK playing him, Ridge is just a whole new character.

So if you want to talk about Ridge being a rapist -- please take it somewhere else. Thanks.

Yeah, I too wish I didn't read that tidbit about the old Ridge, but AFAIC, TK's Ridge is a brand new person (as it was made VERY clear to us on day 1 with him tossing that speedo [smile] ) !  Thank you for reminding everyone that this board is haven for ALL of TK's characters!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:

Done!  Thanks for the link Alina.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:

Done, and ITA. Geez, good old SOD, WTF does everything have to be a poll opportunity. Yeah, a choice between two abusers and Ridge, WTG! [wtf]

Quote:
OMG, did TIIC pick the wrong day for so much SWIL drama [rolleyes] !

Ridge pretty much put his heart and his love at Caroline's feet today, and I am SO moved beyond words at those scenes [bowing]  I wish Caroline would start a new soap tradition and go to the hospital for the "morning-after" treatment, even if she doesn't want to press charges!  Because after this, it HAS TO BE Ridge's baby!

What a marvelous treat watching Mr. Kaye this week [bowing]  [bowing]  [bowing]  [bowing]

Searose, amen to everything you said. The Ridge and Caroline scenes were almost unbearable to watch, but in the painfully good way.... with Ridge feeling that a burden had been lifted, so boyishly hopeful and explaining what being a parent meant to him - and using that darling little top of the line bunny as a symbol of having a child with her. Damn. Damn. That scene did me in. And Caroline getting what would have been her heart's desire the day before but now she is almost too numb to respond. Excruciating but I've already watched those scenes three times.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #47 
I've watched sev times already myself - this is one of those amazing journeys that TK takes us on.  What a ride!  Kudos TK!  Kudos LG!  I hope they both get Emmys!  Loved the little basket - OT but I bought one just like that for our grandson.  Precious.  Ridge's tears are excruciating!  I'm a puddle.  Yes the old Ridge left the building with the tossed Speedo - new Ridge in town.  I gave up watching B&B about that time, too.  But mostly because I'd just found Zach Slater on AMC!  I voted earlier on Twitter. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 

... it would be" fantastico" if when Caroline went to the doctor to make sure she isn't

pregnant that she is already 2 months along with CaRidge baby!!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #49 
I don't think we even know what our hearts are capable of until we hold our child for the first time.

Killer line and delivery by TK! Such palpably heartfelt emotion. What a warm, glowing, perfect gem of a scene. Really, everything Ridge said today, and tried to say with that darling basket and fluffy bunny just went straight to my right brain, so it's tough not to babble. Easier just to quote. I can't have you miss out on that.

Ridge knows in a way that Caroline doesn't that children can also rip your heart out. And she knows in a way he doesn't how true that is. She can't enjoy Ridge trying to grant her heart's desire because of what Ridge's son did to her. Sharon, I think you hit the nail on the head with excruciating.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Again, if you or anyone else wants to discuss Ridge issues before TK assumed the role, please take it somewhere else. It's always been against our spelled-out board rules to bring crap from other boards here, and to post negatively about his characters, because this board is a safe haven for TK fans.

Kathy, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to start anything. [sad0149]
I would never post anything negative about any of the characters TK has played. And, I also consider TK's Ridge a different character so I don't associate any of the previous stuff with him.

I was just trying to say that B&B (and Y&R) have done similar stories in the past and they didn't consider the guys that did what Thomas did rapists. The usually say these guys made a mistake and get away with it scot-free.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.