Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 11      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #151 
That's my son, you know. My boy. I can't even look at him.

Ridge's devastation made me feel depressed myself! Not that it is unusual to feel that way after watching Thorsten play such an emotionally draining scene, but it was impossible to not find myself thinking about Ridge and Thomas as father and son in a parallel dimension. And yet what else could Ridge do?

The punishment doesn't fit the crime, but it's a start.

But a line from a play I love came to mind when Ridge said that, All are punish'd.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #152 
OhKaye, so my limited vocabulary is  running out of superlatives to use for the way TK has been portraying Ridge's pain and his disappointment in his son [bowing]  Another fantastical day to just tune out the world and stare at the screen with the mouth open!  When his entitled brat of a son got in the elevator, Ridge could not even look at him!  I could not look at him, my eyes were fixed on Ridge!

I guess previews can be misleading sometimes, because it looks like Caroline is starting to see that Ridge is right on multiple fronts.  Glad she defended Ridge's decision to the clueless ASS and did not betray Ridge's trust, even though the clueless ASS confronted her about "the night"!  And also glad the way she asked Ridge if he is OK at the end!  I hope they will get through the next challenge, the one of shutting up the rest of the FC gang, because I want to see Ridge start to heal from the one-two punch and move into the next phase of his life, the one of being a nurturing, loving father to this innocent little life!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #153 
Christy, everyone who called him Thomas the Clueless yesterday is so accurate, because when Ridge said "The punishment doesn't fit the crime, but it's a start.", he should have known it is more than about the intern and the punch!  I hope he stays banished from Ridge's AND Caroline's lives for many decades, whether Ridge/Caroline are together or not.

Though I am afraid he is not really gone, because PF was part of the NY event, he has been in interviews etc., so TPTB are probably keeping the character around [frown]

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #154 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

I guess previews can be misleading sometimes, because it looks like Caroline is starting to see that Ridge is right on multiple fronts.  Glad she defended Ridge's decision to the clueless ASS and did not betray Ridge's trust, even though the clueless ASS confronted her about "the night"!  And also glad the way she asked Ridge if he is OK at the end!  I hope they will get through the next challenge, the one of shutting up the rest of the FC gang, because I want to see Ridge start to heal from the one-two punch and move into the next phase of his life, the one of being a nurturing, loving father to this innocent little life!

Searose, I don't doubt that Caroline truly loves Ridge and is on his side. It's just that since the show has gone out if its way to call the rape a mistake and a mix-up, not to mention that interview with the leading questions the other day, I always fully expect the other shoe to drop one way or the other.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #155 
"All are punish'd"  - from Romeo & Juliet - one of my favorites, too.  "The punishment doesn't fit the crime, but it's a start" - was brilliant!  I'm sure it's all TK.  Wow - I couldn't stand to look at him either, Ridge!  I haven't been able to for a while now.  I loved Caroline hugging Ridge at the end & totally supporting him to Thomas made me happy.  IDK where they're sending Thomas or if he will really go anywhere but I have no sympathy for him.  I enjoyed watching him squirm today.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #156 
Quote:
OhKaye, so my limited vocabulary is  running out of superlatives to use for the way TK has been portraying Ridge's pain and his disappointment in his son [bowing]  Another fantastical day to just tune out the world and stare at the screen with the mouth open!  When his entitled brat of a son got in the elevator, Ridge could not even look at him!  I could not look at him, my eyes were fixed on Ridge!

Incredible work by TK once again ...powerful, moving, complex, layered.  He really is taking us on quite an emotional journey with this storyline.

I watch every scene with a heavy heart because I know that even though Ridge is 100% right in the level of betrayal he's feeling and 100% right in what he's doing do rise above it...I get the feeling that Ridge is going to be made to pay a heavy price for all of it when all is said and done!  That's what scares me!  Who will support and remain loyal to Ridge when the entitled brat starts whining and playing the martyr card and people start coming at Ridge with pitchforks before they know the real reason why Ridge is so angry with Thomas and then when they do know what really went down between the 3 of them?

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #157 
Here's a thought  -- Steffy could send Ivy to Paris, and Thomas could be the new underwear model. He seems to have no problem exposing his skin, anyway. AFAIK FC doesn't do men's clothes, but the introduction of a new male model could kick off the new line.

Nahhh... that wouldn't work, Thomas would still be underfoot at FC HQ. Maybe he could get a job at Spencer... you know, kind of even things out a bit, since Bill's two (currently known) offspring are Forrester employees. Then Thomas could put himself to some use and screw the boss's wife. There's some major karma in the pipeline with Bill's name on it, so let Thomas scrape off some of his. Katie doesn't seem too particular these days.

All by way of saying I can't think of a thing to add to the discussion of today's Ridge/Caroline/Thomas scenes, except to echo the TK praise -- it was another incredible Ridge day where the complex and heartbroken emotions of the icily furious yet crushed father made us see what it was like to be confronted with a son's grievous failings.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #158 
 I agree with all the awe and praise for TK that was posted above. There just isn't anyone who can touch his talent, especially for gut-wrenching scenes like we are getting now. I was not at all surprised to read that he wrote these scenes. I ALWAYS assume that he is responsible for any exceptional script. He should get an Emmy for writing (though I realize he's not eligible in that category) as well as for acting.  I am concerned though about Caroline. I don't quite trust her to keep her mouth shut and she could really mess things up.  I'm also concerned about Brooke....she knows too much, and would probably blab all over the place if she thought it would benefit herself.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #159 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Searose, I don't doubt that Caroline truly loves Ridge and is on his side. It's just that since the show has gone out if its way to call the rape a mistake and a mix-up, not to mention that interview with the leading questions the other day, I always fully expect the other shoe to drop one way or the other.

True, Christy, I don't understand why the writers think having Caroline call it a mix-up/mistake can undo date-rape.  We know what we saw, we were not in a drug-and-booze-induced fog.  I bet the writers or TPTB of the show are the ones feeding the magazines and websites and pollsters the idea of "dalliance", "tryst", etc. to make it sound like it was BOTH of them, or to make ThomASS look innocent, but it ain't happening.  And soaps being soaps, yeah, you never know when (or more like how quickly) the other shoe will drop.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #160 
Alina, you are scared for good reason.  We KNOW the scenario you describe will be on our screens sooner or later [sigh]
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #161 

Caroline spent that whole time while she was still coherent, professing her love for

Ridge to tommy and in her despair said she wouldn't ever have children just to show

Ridge that he was all she wanted.... she then blacks out and like Ridge says ,tommy

takes what he wants with no regard for others ,Caroline was out of her mind,

heartbroken and he has sex with her!

The name she calls out when she comes to, is  Ridge and screams at tommy that she is

in love with his father...  it is very clear to me that tommy raped her!

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #162 
Hi all!!Just watched today's episiode and it's really sad to watch father/ son relationship falling apart, before they even had the chance to reconcile. Sometimes it's best to leave the past in the past. Thomas messed up in so many ways and he has to face the consequences. Great great acting again, so emotional . I loved Caridge stood by each other strong and firm. Their journey is not gonna be easy but we can only hope by the end of this journey they will hold a Caridge baby in their arms.

I love everybody's comments here and I try to keep up with it. I am still on bronze status hope to climb up to silver and gold soon

TheRealGenaL

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #163 
IMO, a rapist should have to pay in more ways than cleaning toilets. Losing his position at Forrester, losing his familial connections (including the baby-to-be), and losing the opportunity to ogle his victim at every turn is a start, as Ridge said. No amount of "mentoring" from Ridge will matter to Thomas, because Thomas refuses to see that everything he says Ridge is, describes HIM as well. I do wish that Ridge had let Thomas know that he knows about what happened with Caroline...but that wouldn't work with keeping the paternity a secret. So I'll sit back and wait for that. In the meantime, I think Thomas deserves everything Ridge is handing out...and I'll enjoy TK's performances as a man who loves his son, but doesn't like him and is ashamed of what he's become.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #164 
Sorry Cindy, I have to disagree on a couple of things:  Ridge HAS TRIED to mentor his ungrateful, whiney, entitled, smug, self-centered, rapist of a son, he tried telling him to not repeat his father's mistakes but to learn from them instead, and what did he get?  A punch in his face!  And keeping him around can inflict unspeakable amount of pain on Ridge, by every day having to look at and deal with the son who RAPED his beloved!  The Zach/Joonyer situation and Ridge/ASS situation are vastly different.  Joonyer was nothing to Zach but an immature boozing brat of DIXIE, the woman who perhaps stopped Zach from taking his own life.  Zach felt he owed HER to spare Joonyer's life, and he then punished him by taking away Chandler Ent. and the mansion.  Ridge has to deal with the emotional blow of HIS OWN SON having raped the woman he loves, worse yet, having impregnated her, and finding that out when he himself was trying to come to terms with the knowledge that he can not fulfil his promise to his wife and give her a baby himself!
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #165 
... Cindy, I am still hoping that the child was conceived from Ridge's mesmerizing

love making and his vivacious virility and NOT tommy boy's selfish and

vindictive act!!

What would be the point telling tommy that he was the father anyway, so he smugly

would tell Ridge that he gave Caroline what Ridge never can.....   or so he thinks...

CARIDGE baby all the way!!!!

For sure, pinky ring boy is going to whine to grandpa and grandpa is going to  pull

the forgiveness card on Ridge and blah,blah about forgiving to move forward... but

you know what OBA, some things are unforgiveable!!! 

Ridge sadly admits that tommy is his boy but  Ridge he is also Taylor's and she

was as manipulative to you as Brooke so don't blame yourself Ridge, we can only

imagine what lies she put in youngster tommy's head !

BUT Tommy is a man now and has to be accountable for his actions and banishment

is the best decision IMA because the sight of him is sickening to our Ridge so "Bon

voyage tommy!!!"

btw,I love your name ,it's my daughter's name!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #166 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealGenaL
IMO, a rapist should have to pay in more ways than cleaning toilets. Losing his position at Forrester, losing his familial connections (including the baby-to-be), and losing the opportunity to ogle his victim at every turn is a start, as Ridge said. No amount of "mentoring" from Ridge will matter to Thomas, because Thomas refuses to see that everything he says Ridge is, describes HIM as well. I do wish that Ridge had let Thomas know that he knows about what happened with Caroline...but that wouldn't work with keeping the paternity a secret. So I'll sit back and wait for that. In the meantime, I think Thomas deserves everything Ridge is handing out...and I'll enjoy TK's performances as a man who loves his son, but doesn't like him and is ashamed of what he's become.
OMG, isn't that ogling as disgusting as his daily dose of flashbacks of kissing an almost passed out Caroline?  BTW, ITA with everything you said here, including "a man who loves his son, but doesn't like him and is ashamed of what he's become".  I too wish Ridge had hinted about Caroline, but then again, if ThomASS wasn't so clueless, he would have figured it out, LOL.

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #167 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegaze
I am still hoping that the child was conceived from Ridge's mesmerizing love making

❤️❤️❤️

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #168 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy

Sorry I haven’t been posting in a very long time but I have been reading.  I thought I would post  as a non couple person.  Knowing this is a non couples board, I thought it might be ok.  Sorry Caroline lost me when she decided to grovel to her cheating husband and kept apologizing for a kiss, knowing full well he was sleeping with Maya.  I find her way too immature for the Ruggedly, handsome Ridge.  Anyway while watching yesterday’s show it brought me back to a scene Zach did on AMC.  He asked Kendall this question  “Think about it -- what if Spike did something, you know, 20 years from now, something regrettable and horrible, and somebody went after him? What would you do?”  In this equation the “somebody” is Ridge. Ridge is hurting in two ways, one because Thomas took advantage of his fiancé and two because Thomas did exactly what he did to the woman he loved many years ago.  Brad Bell is trying to show the fans (poorly of course) that Thomas is exactly like what his dad was at that time.  Since those days, Ridge changed from something that happened in Paris - along with being a new actor.  I would love to see Ridge give Thomas some of that learned wisdom. Ridge sending Thomas away will not help Thomas or their relationship. It will just make what Thomas is doing less visible to Ridge. Which is only a temporary fix, until Ridge has to bail him out for something else. The bottom line Thomas is HIS SON (man I hated that word when Ryan spewed it lol).  Sending Thomas to Siberia oops Paris will only hide what Thomas is doing not make him a better person.  Only Ridge can do that. What I would like to see Ridge do, instead of sending Thomas to Paris, is mentor him. If Ridge can learn from his past mistakes, he can help his son grow into a better man too. If he doesn't, Ridge stands to lose more in the long run. Because there is no way Caroline will keep the babies paternity from Thomas long.  Along with being very hurt, I think deep down Ridge knows this and knows that If Thomas finds out the baby is his, he could potentially lose Caroline, Thomas and his grandchild.  There is also the potential of losing the rest of the family too. You can bet Steffy and Eric would be totally against Ridge keeping Thomas’s kid from him, no matter the reason.  That is something Ridge would prefer not happen and that is why he is feeling like he needs to get Thomas out of town.  I prefer seeing Ridge take a page out of Zach’s story and do with Thomas what Zach did with JR.  In the end Zach got his revenge, by taking away the things that JR loved the most…Money and power.  Ridge needs to keep Thomas at Forester and be his parent, by taking away from Thomas what he wants most.. to be a designer.  Have him clean toilets with a tooth brush or work in the copy center.  So that way, Thomas will learn there are consequences for his actions and learn how to be a man. JMO

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #169 
Quote:

Amen! Thomas isn't interested in anything Ridge has to say or teach him.  He's made it clear since he stepped foot in town; with every insult, with every dinosaur joke, with every comment undermining Ridge and undermining his relationship with Caroline and with every rewritten childhood memory painting Ridge as Daddie Dearest.  He's made it clear how little he thinks of his dad and how little having a relationship with him means to him (his words to the contrary are just lip service) when he immediately put a bull's eye on Caroline moments after he arrived.  He made it clear that he was beyond Ridge's help, when he woke up with a giddy, self satisfied smile on his face thinking that Caroline was now "HIS" and every time since then that he flashes back to kissing a half dead Caroline.  Not one moment of regret or "Geee, this is gonna kill my dad; how could I have done this to my dad; how could I have done this to Caroline" moment of self reflection.  

I'm super duper excellent with how Ridge is dealing with his disrespectful, betraying, rapist son.  Paris is way too good for him but it's better than having him there, ready to pounce on Caroline again, ready to betray his father again, at the first sign of trouble between the newlyweds.  I only wish this son met the same fate as his prior 7 foot son did...with a big concrete slab squishing him to death!

I don't see anything likable, honorable in Thomas.  There is no "poor" Thomas for me.  I think he's getting off much easier than he deserves and will be rewarded soon enough for raping and impregnating the woman his father loves more than anything and who loves him in return.

Poor, poor Thomas....my ASS!

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #170 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Quote:

Amen! Thomas isn't interested in anything Ridge has to say or teach him.  He's made it clear since he stepped foot in town; with every insult, with every dinosaur joke, with every comment undermining Ridge and undermining his relationship with Caroline and with every rewritten childhood memory painting Ridge as Daddie Dearest.  He's made it clear how little he thinks of his dad and how little having a relationship with him means to him (his words to the contrary are just lip service) when he immediately put a bull's eye on Caroline moments after he arrived.  He made it clear that he was beyond Ridge's help, when he woke up with a giddy, self satisfied smile on his face thinking that Caroline was now "HIS" and every time since then that he flashes back to kissing a half dead Caroline.  Not one moment of regret or "Geee, this is gonna kill my dad; how could I have done this to my dad; how could I have done this to Caroline" moment of self reflection.  

I'm super duper excellent with how Ridge is dealing with his disrespectful, betraying, rapist son.  Paris is way too good for him but it's better than having him there, ready to pounce on Caroline again, ready to betray his father again, at the first sign of trouble between the newlyweds.  I only wish this son met the same fate as his prior 7 foot son did...with a big concrete slab squishing him to death!

I don't see anything likable, honorable in Thomas.  There is no "poor" Thomas for me.  I think he's getting off much easier than he deserves and will be rewarded soon enough for raping and impregnating the woman his father loves more than anything and who loves him in return.

Poor, poor Thomas....my ASS!

What they said.....[agree] 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #171 
GenaL, searose, bluegaze, Alina, AnneM... thank you and ICAM. AnneM, we'll let your post be the last word in this subdiscussion.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #172 
Friday the 9th of October, 2015 B&B episode : [yawn]  [sleep][snooze]

OhKaye, let me just say, we have had a few weeks of some phenomenally great Ridge-time, so as much as I crave for more, I won't complaint about a couple of Ridge-less days if it means our dear Mr. Kaye got to enjoy some very well-deserved time off  [wink]

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #173 
Alina, GenaL, Searose, bluegaze & Anne   - put me in the Amen corner! 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #174 
Quote:

ZZZzzzzzzzzz and WTFFF? Isn't one pregnant woman on the show at one time enough? While I sure can't complain about all the incredible Ridge screen time we've been treated to lately, it really pisses me off that Rick/Maya are now hijacking the extremely complicated pregnancy storyline category. Get your own storyline!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #175 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon

[agree]

Cindy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #176 
LOL I See where you all stand.  I guess I'm alone in hoping Ridge could salvage his family.  Because it is obvious to me that he has a lot of great wisdom.  So Ridge is headed for whole lot of hurt.  The wifey is sure to spill the beans and there will be no place for Ridge.

Believe me I think Thomas is the worst kind of scum. Gross even.  I doubt Paris will do him any good and even if he goes, the resentment and hurt will pull his relationship apart.  I can even see Thomas going after his dad...Rick is back and Wyatt wants Forester.  Well I guess.  I will bow out again...

Oh on the subject..it sure doesn't seem like Caroline has any trouble being with Thomas.  She has made that perfectly clear.  So the fact she would see him everyday doesn't seem to be her issue. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #177 
Quote:
Quote:

ZZZzzzzzzzzz and WTFFF? Isn't one pregnant woman on the show at one time enough? While I sure can't complain about all the incredible Ridge screen time we've been treated to lately, it really pisses me off that Rick/Maya are now hijacking the extremely complicated pregnancy storyline category. Get your own storyline!

I'm sure TK needed a little time off after such an emotional roller coaster he (and Ridge) has taken us on lately, missed him terribly though!! 

I agree Christy, but I have a feeling we won't have to worry about one of these for long...keeping in mind that Rick & Maya can do no wrong no matter how awful they've been to EVERYONE and how selfish they are.

My heart is breaking in so many pieces for Ridge for all that he is going through for the woman he loves [sigh]

Thanks Mon
theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #178 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon

Ditto x infinity

Thanks Mon
Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #179 
Thorsten I read your interview in SOD today, it would sadden me and all your fans if you would leave the show and CaRidge would be over. Mr. Bell and the writers need to know from us fans what you brought to the role of Ridge is exceptional way over that and we absolutely love and adore Ridge/Caroline pairing. Best story B&B has written in years. So whatever we can do as fans whatever it takes we are here.

Love

Sonya

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #180 
I wanted to ad don't bother what people say on Twitter, some are cruel and mean., it's best to ignore. You are like a fine wine whom gets better with years. I hope I said that right.....English is not my first language

sweetautumn

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #181 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyaanita
I wanted to ad don't bother what people say on Twitter, some are cruel and mean., it's best to ignore. You are like a fine wine whom gets better with years. I hope I said that right.....English is not my first language
Thats right Sonya! Or do as Linsey does. She retweet the haters tweet so everybody could see it and actually take time to answer on it. (Sometimes when she feels like)

That's why I avoid twitter and facebook like poison lol. Yeah LG seemed to come a long way dealing with certain "mentally deranged" people over there. They hide behind a computer screen, use anonymous as to their advantage and spill whatever craps from their foul mouths. Really pathetic and miserable.

P.S. about the SOD poll, You can vote more than once by clearing your cookies and caches. 
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #182 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetautumn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin88
Quote:
Thats right Sonya! Or do as Linsey does. She retweet the haters tweet so everybody could see it and actually take time to answer on it. (Sometimes when she feels like)

That's why I avoid twitter and facebook like poison lol. Yeah LG seemed to come a long way dealing with certain "mentally deranged" people over there. They hide behind a computer screen, use anonymous as to their advantage and spill whatever craps from their foul mouths. Really pathetic and miserable.

P.S. about the SOD poll, You can vote more than once by clearing your cookies and caches. 

Sweetautumn,

Thankfully it's the weekend now and people probably have more time over to clear those cookies lol [wink]

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #183 
Quote:
Thorsten I read your interview in SOD today, it would sadden me and all your fans if you would leave the show and CaRidge would be over. Mr. Bell and the writers need to know from us fans what you brought to the role of Ridge is exceptional way over that and we absolutely love and adore Ridge/Caroline pairing. Best story B&B has written in years. So whatever we can do as fans whatever it takes we are here. Love Sonya

Did I miss something?  What's this about TK leaving the show? 
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #184 
that's what I've been wondering, Kat!!?!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #185 
No no Katbert. He gave an interview talking about CaRidge and he wants them to work out but he doesn't know if they will etc.

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #186 
sonya, thanks , I was worried but now I can go to sleep...

please, can you post that interview ? I can't find it.

good night and thanks!

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #187 
Sorry bluegaze for the confusion. I just wanted him to know if he ever leaves we would be sadden. Go to bed and sleep well lol. Now you can!!!!!
Hugs
Sonya

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #188 
It's in the new SOD I will try

susa

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #189 
Cindy, thanks for posting your comments.  I too love reading everyone's comments but rarely post. But I've decided to jump in here:
to me the relationship between Ridge and his son, Ridge and his father, and Ridge and his half brother are more interesting than his relationship with Caroline. I like his relationship with Caroline and I hope they keep them together for a while so they can work through all their issues in a way that engages and satisfies us viewers. This last week the scenes with Caroline were amazing because they slowly walked us through the issues and let us take a look at the devastation this couple felt. In the previous storyline when the question was does Eric support Ridge or Rick, all I really wanted to see was a truly heartfelt scene between father and son. I'm interested in watching Ridge interact with his son even if it's in anger.
I don't quite understand the writing on this show. The scene between Caroline and Thomas could have easily been two hurt people using sex to get over their pain but that wasn't what the writers or directors showed us.  I don't know what was written but from what was shown on screen there is no way to make Thomas' behavior look good.  Why did they do it?  Why would they burn a brand new actor? Imo there is no way to redeem Thomas except through some interaction with his father and now step mother.
In the interview that someone posted with the actors that play Caroline and Thomas, she said the actor playing Thomas had made a decision to play the scenes with an underlying love for Caroline but that it wasn't written that way. I was pretty shocked by that comment. What were the writers going for?
If they are going to try to make this cyclical in some way, then make it the story of a son trying to be worthy of his father's love and make it echo the story of Eric and Ridge.
On a side note, Christy, Kathy and Gina thank you for providing this forum for discussion.
Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #190 
Quote:
Originally Posted by susa
In the interview that someone posted with the actors that play Caroline and Thomas, she said the actor playing Thomas had made a decision to play the scenes with an underlying love for Caroline but that it wasn't written that way. I was pretty shocked by that comment. What were the writers going for?

I think the part that wasn't written in was that Thomas is confused by his feelings for Caroline.

Here's the exact quote:

Do you think Caroline even realizes how much Thomas cares for her?

LINSEY:   I don’t.  Pierson plays it in a way that he doesn’t let Caroline see his feelings towards her, which I think is an interesting choice.  He knows Caroline does not reciprocate these feelings.  If anything, she thinks he may have a crush on her.  You see this person in pain and loving someone, and he doesn’t know what to do with these feelings. And, he is kind of confused by it.  That’s been a really strong choice on Pierson’s part, because it wasn’t written that way.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/bbs-linsey-godfrey-and-pierson-fode-interview-will-caroline-keep-thomas-in-the-dark-for-the-love-of-ridge/2015/10/06/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #191 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbert
Did I miss something?  What's this about TK leaving the show? 

He said that he loves the Caridge story and wants it to continue. But he doesn't know if it will, since things move pretty fast on this show and couples don't usually last.

He then mentioned that he left OLTL because the story was over and said that if the Ridge/Caroline story ends but Brad Bell tells him there's another story to tell he'll be happy to stay a little while longer.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #192 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie
Quote:

I think the part that wasn't written in was that Thomas is confused by his feelings for Caroline.

Here's the exact quote:

Right, because having sex with a woman incapable of giving consent because she'd just drowned her sorrows in drugs and booze is just so... very caring. B&B needs to be nailed to the wall for this and it just sickens me that it continues to get a pass. Here's what Thomas would have done if he really care about Caroline.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #193 
be happy to stay a little while longer...!

WHAT !!!Thorsten,you have been on the show only one year, 9 months and 27 days

and not only that YOU alone have awaken a sleepy show !!!

You are the heart and soul of B&B, without you there is just NOISE!

Thorsten, Caridge is GREAT but you are the GREATEST!... so please consider A LOT

while longer swooning us with any lucky actress!!!! The possibilities are endless...

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #194 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherDi
Quote:
Quote:

I'm sure TK needed a little time off after such an emotional roller coaster he (and Ridge) has taken us on lately, missed him terribly though!! 

I agree Christy, but I have a feeling we won't have to worry about one of these for long...keeping in mind that Rick & Maya can do no wrong no matter how awful they've been to EVERYONE and how selfish they are.

My heart is breaking in so many pieces for Ridge for all that he is going through for the woman he loves [sigh]

It was funny how Nicole didn't immediately jump at the chance to donate an egg'n'womb to St. Maya. Maybe she was too overcome at the extreme honor or waiting for an archangel to announce it. Not that I'm a fan of Nicole since she had no problem with St. Maya kicking Aly out of her own room for her. Kind of ironic.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #195 
Here's the new interview - enjoy.
[tk_sod10-19-15manhattan_transfer1]
[tk_sod10-19-15manhattan_transfer2]

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #196 
Kathy so true...like Ridge said a gentlemen wouldn't have taken advantage ,she was

compromised and I'll will go even further and put it out there, that even if Caroline had

asked for sex, A REAL Man, and true friend would have declined, she was an emotional

mess!!!!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #197 
Quote:
Cindy, thanks for posting your comments.  I too love reading everyone's comments but rarely post. But I've decided to jump in here:
to me the relationship between Ridge and his son, Ridge and his father, and Ridge and his half brother are more interesting than his relationship with Caroline. I like his relationship with Caroline and I hope they keep them together for a while so they can work through all their issues in a way that engages and satisfies us viewers. This last week the scenes with Caroline were amazing because they slowly walked us through the issues and let us take a look at the devastation this couple felt. In the previous storyline when the question was does Eric support Ridge or Rick, all I really wanted to see was a truly heartfelt scene between father and son. I'm interested in watching Ridge interact with his son even if it's in anger.
I don't quite understand the writing on this show. The scene between Caroline and Thomas could have easily been two hurt people using sex to get over their pain but that wasn't what the writers or directors showed us.  I don't know what was written but from what was shown on screen there is no way to make Thomas' behavior look good.  Why did they do it?  Why would they burn a brand new actor? Imo there is no way to redeem Thomas except through some interaction with his father and now step mother.
If they are going to try to make this cyclical in some way, then make it the story of a son trying to be worthy of his father's love and make it echo the story of Eric and Ridge.
On a side note, Christy, Kathy and Gina thank you for providing this forum for discussion.

Good to see you, susa.

I live for character development, and I would love to see more scenes with Ridge, Rick and Eric exploring their issues, too. Or I would have until Eric acted as rootin' tootin' Rick's puppet... and now as the avuncular pushover who let the ridiculous blackmailer back into the fold. I've just given up, since B&B isn't willing to do and/or doesn't seem to be capable of doing anything other than cartoon writing.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #198 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie
Quote:

Here's the exact quote:

Right, because having sex with a woman incapable of giving consent because she'd just drowned her sorrows in drugs and booze is just so... very caring. B&B needs to be nailed to the wall for this and it just sickens me that it continues to get a pass. Here's what Thomas would have done if he really cared about Caroline.

Perfect Kathy! Bingo!!!

zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #199 
Kathy - thanks for the PERFECT video!  They should show that to high school classes!!
(and evidently at the next Forrester board meeting!)

And Christy - that is one of my new favorite interviews! I love how Thorsten doesn't want his kids to grow up in a fast paced, entitled world of LA... [fing05] -  just feel sad that he has to spend so much of his life commuting...   

It's like he knows that Caridge isn't going to last - and he's trying to prepare us...
and  I have my fingers crossed that as long as he is playing Ridge, the writers will
NOT put him with Brooke!!  [hair]
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #200 
What a great interview!  Thanks for posting it Christy.  Great way to start my Saturday....a cup of coffee and a TK interview!  I should know better though...I nearly spewed coffee everywhere a few times, lol!  He never disappoints in an interview, does he??  Love hearing him sound so happy. 

Kathy, that video clip was spot on!  You should forward it to B&B to use as a PSA during commercial breaks....[wink]

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.