Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 11      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
lrado65

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #101 
I'm so happy Linsey tweeted she "loved her Thorstey".  You can tell the scenes were hard on them both.  I was riveted the whole time yesterday and I can see that being an Emmy Reel for Thorsten or both! They are just magic together and wonderful and phenomenal. I will never give up on #CaRidge because they are a true masterpiece of love.  Their love transcends space and time. 

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #102 
 I can't help hoping that when Ridge confronts ThomASS,it will be similar to the

scene from the "godfather" when Sonny beats up his loser ,brother-in -law ... but

that is not Ridge's style, he is a lover not a fighter!!

TK will amaze us through this extremely emotional and heart wrenching journey

but hopefully Ridge's anguish will diminish when it will be confirmed that the baby is

CaRidge, please TPTB make it so !!! 

The baby has to be Ridge's because Caroline said that it has to be ThomASS's so it is

Ridge's... it would be just too cruel otherwise , first ... to have Ridge find out that he

is sterile and carry the burden of not being the one to fulfill her dream of

motherhood , punched by his son , blindsided by the fact that Caroline was

violated by this son and emotionally drained to the point of collapse with the

revelation that she is carrying a child from this act! 

..... no! NO! NO!  I am shouting like Caroline screamed at ThomASS when he told

her about "THAT" 

Ridge is the father!!!!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #103 
Sharon,very happy you guys are safe and sound... glad to see your post!!!

Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #104 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
While reading through this thread...some mentioned a lawsuit. I must have missed that...what is that about??

Ridge told Caroline that FC couldn't handle another lawsuit if Charlotte the intern accuses Thomas of sexual harrassment.

So, maybe Thomas slept with more inappropriate people in Paris since I don't remember any lawsuit of that kind on the show.
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #105 
Thanks Callie...now I do remember that.

June
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #106 
Another Oscar-worthy performance by the wonderful Mr. Kaye!!!!!! 

I am a puddle right now, I probably won't make much sense today, but I have to say thanks to TPTB, for once, giving me what I call the best they can do under the circumstances, and that is, as I have been wishing, Ridge claiming the baby as his own!  Not the happy tune of I Love Lucy, but still, it was just what I wanted to hear Ridge say, "WE are having a baby" !  Ridge talking about the way he would raise this child transported me to another world for a moment!  So very happy that the writers are allowing Ridge to make the case for not wanting the ASS near the innocent little life, or even know about it. [bowing]  As for the finger snapper knowing Ridge's secret, I hope he tells her they got a donor, just to shut her up [wink]

Was not easy hearing Ridge say the other words that we know to be true: "He slept with you because he wanted to get to me, he wanted to hurt me, and he did!  HE BROKE MY HEART!" [sigh]

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #107 
June, good to see you back, and I hope you will have a speedy recovery!

Callie and Malin, thanks for posting LG's sweet tweet. 

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #108 
Ridge showed everyone how a real man behaves!  Wow - just an amazing performance - EMMY!  I can't even begin to put into words how powerful & profoundly emotional that was.  My nerves are all messed up right now anyway & I was bawling!  But I knew without a doubt that's how TK would play this.  He always takes the high road & gives us a lesson on how this is done.  Caroline is very lucky that he will support her & raise this child.  Now if only I could see Ridge take Thomas to task, I'd be thrilled.  As someone posted above, Ridge is a lover not a fighter, so I don't think I will ever see Thomas get exactly what I think he deserves, but that makes me love Ridge more! 
Thanks everyone for your good thoughts & support!  We are still reeling from the magnitude of all this destruction around us, but proud of the way SC has responded & the way we've handled this disaster.  Still worrisome stuff going on - they're still finding bodies of people who were trapped in the floods & just now we had a scare - an alarm went off that signals the Lake Murray Dam is about to breach - but it was only a test!  Scared me senseless bec we're just a mile from there & if that goes, we'd wash all the way out to the Atlantic Ocean!  But so far it's holding.  The smaller dams have just about all burst & it's a mess.  The roads are like a maze - you literally 'can't get there from here' - crazy trying to get anywhere.  Hoping the curfew will lift soon.  Again - thanks everybody for thinking of us. 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #109 
tk_emmy.jpg 
(I'll try to post my thoughts later, if I can gather them. He made me cry today too. Still in a daze.)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #110 
Love it Kathy. He deserves soooo much this trophy. He is so amazing in his acting. Over the top. What a changed Ridge we have here. Love it love it. Thanks Thorsten you are magnificent......

Sonyaanita

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #111 
I can not believe that Caroline would want to tell thomASS... Ridge should be her only

concern, he just got back up on his feet, catching his breath, his lips dry from utter

shock and she is talking thomass,  seriously!!!!! She should have fetched him a glass of

water but yet he asked what he could do for her... he is a wonder because of TK!!!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #112 
It's been over an hour since today's episode ended and try as I might, I still don't have the words to express what I'm feeling.  Sooooo....I give up...I don't know how else to say it.

Thorsten was BRILLIANT yet again today!  [bravo]   [bowing]  [thud]  [grouphug]

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #113 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Another Oscar-worthy performance by the wonderful Mr. Kaye!!!!!! 

I am a puddle right now, I probably won't make much sense today, but I have to say thanks to TPTB, for once, giving me what I call the best they can do under the circumstances, and that is, as I have been wishing, Ridge claiming the baby as his own!  Not the happy tune of I Love Lucy, but still, it was just what I wanted to hear Ridge say, "WE are having a baby" !  Ridge talking about the way he would raise this child transported me to another world for a moment!  So very happy that the writers are allowing Ridge to make the case for not wanting the ASS near the innocent little life, or even know about it. [bowing]  As for the finger snapper knowing Ridge's secret, I hope he tells her they got a donor, just to shut her up [wink]

Was not easy hearing Ridge say the other words that we know to be true: "He slept with you because he wanted to get to me, he wanted to hurt me, and he did!  HE BROKE MY HEART!" [sigh]

Just gonna quote your whole post, searose. Ridge said so many things today I wanted to quote that I finally just gave up trying to choose - every single thing he said was exactly what I would have wanted him to say. What an emotional roller coaster! Yet it was so hushed, so intimate. When Ridge said you know we have options (which I personally loved hearing him say), she responded by explaining why she wanted to keep the baby, and he nodded and said well, that's it, then, the trepidation on her face as she nodded in acknowledgment showed how much she expected the exact opposite reaction from him.

So when he continued with we're having a baby, it broke the tension in the kind of way that chokes you up in an appropriate reaction (ahem). (And Anne, when you said yesterday you forgot to breathe, I found it so true and actually funny because I didn't even realize that happened to me until you mentioned it, duh!)

The expression of growing disbelief on Caroline's face intensified Ridge's quietly earth-shaking proposition. I'm afraid there is just no way this isn't going to blow up in Ridge's face, the son who broke his heart (another incredible Ridge moment that I want to write a whole post about, but am just too drained at the moment) probably hasn't even gotten started. Anyway, when Ridge said Caroline, I'm gonna love that kid with everything that I have, to me that just summed up Ridge...I guess if I had to choose one moment it would be that one. But let me go watch again.... like I said, every single line.

I didn't think Ridge's reaction could be any more powerful than it was yesterday, but Thorsten never ceases to amaze me.

(P.S. Feel better soon, June!)

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #114 
TK had me rivited again today.

I really think Caroline is afraid to admit that what Thomas did was not what she wanted!!! But only to protect Ridge. But Ridge is fully aware that his son raped Caroline!!

June
Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #115 
I am so touched by this Ridge and by his action and love for Caroline. What beautiful acting from both side. I am touched ❤️

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #116 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
Thanks everyone for your good thoughts & support!  We are still reeling from the magnitude of all this destruction around us, but proud of the way SC has responded & the way we've handled this disaster.  Still worrisome stuff going on - they're still finding bodies of people who were trapped in the floods & just now we had a scare - an alarm went off that signals the Lake Murray Dam is about to breach - but it was only a test!  Scared me senseless bec we're just a mile from there & if that goes, we'd wash all the way out to the Atlantic Ocean!  But so far it's holding.  The smaller dams have just about all burst & it's a mess.  The roads are like a maze - you literally 'can't get there from here' - crazy trying to get anywhere.  Hoping the curfew will lift soon.  Again - thanks everybody for thinking of us. 

OMG, Sharon, how terrifying. So glad you are safe. I can barely bring myself to read all the awful  news about it, I can't imagine experiencing it.

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #117 
It has to be a CaRidge baby after all they have been trough together. It's sure would be a blessing for them and they deserve it. Ridge lost his baby girl a few years back and his first wife Caroline... It all would make sense would come full circle again. The writing is on the wall and it's great!!!!!!!

Nice afternoon lady's

Sonya

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #118 
This is Ridge's child. Anytime a soap implies that it's a different man's child, it's always the opposite. Mark my words!

Sharon ❤️

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #119 
I finally got some time to look trough that whole thorstenkaye forum board. It's amazing and stunning. Whoever is in charge does an awesome job thank you for that and also with the updates from all the fans. You got a great crowd of fans here Thorsten who admire and love you. You are lucky!!!!

tkgirl

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #120 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM
Is it tomorrow yet?? 

Every word that comes out of Thomas' mouth just reaffirms what his Dad called him, ''...a spoiled, entitled brat...''.  He's feeling too sorry for himself to see that Ridge is trying to stop him from making some of the same mistakes that he made.  
Thorsten, your portrayal of restraint was epic!  Kudos!!  Too bad Tommy-boy isn't interested in learning how to be a real man.
Great point Kathy, about $Bill!  His machismo would never have stood for that!  Tommy-boy  would have woken up, kind of like the way Caroline did, wondering WTF just happened!

LG's Caroline was breaking my heart today.....again.  Tomorrow's going to be a killer...got my tissues and likka all lined up......  [tear][tequila]

On a good note, Brooke was nowhere to be seen today!  She's probably lurking in the hall though, waiting a minute before she barges in on them.....again!  [rolleyes]

She's like a vulture waiting to pounce.

Guess who didn't set the satellite again.    [frown]
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #121 
This is Ridge's child. Anytime a soap implies that it's a different man's child, it's always the opposite. Mark my words

Malin,from your keyboard to soap god's ears!!

I can't wait to see how ecstatic CaRidge will be when they discover that Ridge  is

the father of Caroline's baby!

Maury Povich's show can come in handy right now! LOL

on a serious note, Sharon, I sincerely hope that the storm will be over soon and you

and your family and all the people of your State are in our prayers ..

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #122 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon

OMG, Sharon, how terrifying. So glad you are safe. I can barely bring myself to read all the awful  news about it, I can't imagine experiencing it.

Ditto -- it sounds almost apocalyptical! Hearing that alarm go off... shudder! I hope you don't have any more scares like that!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #123 
I also wanted to quote Ridge in my comments, because he was so eloquent (even in his succinct responses) today. Plus I hoped that would help me focus. Ha -- I started typing from the top of the clip and ended up typing their entire dialogue! Don't think I've ever done that before. But it forced me to pay close attention to everything that was said and think about the characters' psyches driving the words (most of which beautifully and sensitively written by Thorsten and perfectly delivered by him and Linsey) they spoke.

Ridge said it -- Thomas wanted to hurt him, and broke his heart. My mind went to a line from a Wm. Wordsworth poem (My Heart Leaps Up) -- "The child is father of the man." Although Wordsworth's meaning is different from the way I'm using it, I'm stealing it anyway, because Ridge and Thomas briefly seemed to have changed places today. Thomas applied his father's criticism of himself to Ridge, calling Ridge entitled. Meanwhile, Ridge's hurt at Thomas' hands on just about every front was every bit that of the sensitive child Ridge must once have been.

Ridge's declaration, "I'm gonna love that kid with everything that I have. I will. I'll give him -- her -- him, her, a life that's filled with magical dreams -- fairy tales -- wonderment --  possibilities," was like a sacred vow. But my heart chills when I envision what may happen if/when (OK, it's a soap... no way it's not gonna be "when") Thomas learns that his future baby sibling is his child. Thomas thinks being a father is so easy? Let's see what happens when his lifestyle of ease and pleasure collides with the needs of a helpless infant.

But I'm a whole lot more worried about Ridge... the heartache he's already suffered up to this point will multiply to infinity if Ridge's loving and selfless desire to raise Caroline's (and his own thankless son's) child as his own is denied. OTOH, no one else but Thorsten do such a story justice!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #124 
You get big praises her Thorsten and you deserves every bit of it, every single bit, you really do!!!

Good night to all

Sonya

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #125 

Thanks, Sonya. I absolutely loved what they both said about Thorsten....however, the monumental spin on what Thomas did to Caroline was enough to gag a maggot.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #126 
Quote:

Thanks, Sonya. I absolutely loved what they both said about Thorsten....however, the monumental spin on what Thomas did to Caroline was enough to gag a maggot.

This times 1,000!!!! The Thorsten comments are fab and well deserved..he's a master of his craft and anyone who has the privilege of sharing a scene with him benefits and become better because of him!

The spin job however....fuck you writers!

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:

Ridge said so many things today I wanted to quote that I finally just gave up trying to choose - every single thing he said was exactly what I would have wanted him to say. 

Anyway, when Ridge said Caroline, I'm gonna love that kid with everything that I have, to me that just summed up Ridge...

I didn't think Ridge's reaction could be any more powerful than it was yesterday, but Thorsten never ceases to amaze me.

I couldn't agree more, Christy.
  Now, that's how you love a woman, Thomas!  He thinks he takes after his Dad???  He's not worthy to breathe the same air as Ridge!
Ridge displayed the best things a man can be today.  He's willing to put aside his broken heart and help raise the child who is the result of what broke his heart in the first place, to give the woman he loves more than himself, the one thing that she truly wants.  The man defines selflessness.  That will be one very lucky baby. 

I know this is a soap, and we all know that Thomas will probably find out.....thanks, Brooke......so the bumpy ride will go on for some time, but damn, I'm so happy to be on this journey with you TK!!  You and Linsey are making it one hell of a ride!   Kudos!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #128 
Here the article again I deleted it by accident , sorry
http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/bbs-linsey-godfrey-and-pierson-fode-interview-will-caroline-keep-thomas-in-the-dark-for-the-love-of-ridge/2015/10/06/

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #129 
Quote:

ITA Christy, so wonderful what LG and PF said about TK and about the process.  Every word of the praise was well deserved, times 1,000 like Alina said.

As for the spin, MISUNDERSTANDING MY ASS [rolleyes] 

Thank you for posting Sonyaanita.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #130 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
But I'm a whole lot more worried about Ridge... the heartache he's already suffered up to this point will multiply to infinity if Ridge's loving and selfless desire to raise Caroline's (and his own thankless son's) child as his own is denied. OTOH, no one else but Thorsten do such a story justice!

And THAT makes it worth the agony and misery of watching this unholy s/l.  Yeah, there will be a whole lot more pain still coming Ridge's way in the future, because sooner or later, ASS is bound to find out.  I prefer, later.... like may be 30 years or so later...... when this innocent little life has already blossomed into a loving, caring, mature, compassionate human being because of Ridge's love and sacrifices.  I can dream, can't I?

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #131 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegaze
This is Ridge's child. Anytime a soap implies that it's a different man's child, it's always the opposite. Mark my words

Malin,from your keyboard to soap god's ears!!

I can't wait to see how ecstatic CaRidge will be when they discover that Ridge  is

the father of Caroline's baby!
Bluegaze, Yes could you ladies imagine when they found out the baby is Ridge's???? OMG i will have a meltdown and probably a blackout too when that happens! Both will be so happy! I can't even imagine how happy they will be!!!! 
I don't want to sound like I am trying to burst your bubble, but there is no telling how long you may have to wait to see that happen.  Could be days, weeks, months or years, or many be never if writers decide to show us that bonds of love are stronger than strands of DNA, and we know nobody can play that like TK [bowing] .  So I have decided not to focus on Ridge being bio-dad to this baby, and instead focus on seeing where all this goes from here on.  It would make me happy if it happens, but for now, I find it more thrilling to just enjoy the journey TK is taking us on with his magnificent work. 

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #132 
Searose you always find the perfect words to say. I love it. And you are so right TK is taking us on a long journey with him, it's gonna be one we will never forget, full of love, compassion, angst and lots of lots of tears. He is the only one who can play that perfectly,
without any doubts. So we are ready to go along........

Hugs

Sonya

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #133 
WHOA, Caroline was not expecting THAT!

ThomASS has some nerve, saying things like "everything is out there"!  Loved, absolutely LOVED Ridge's calm yet very firm voice in the face of such hollowed words of apology in a shirt and tie!  Everything ThomASS was saying, he was talking about having punched Ridge, whereas everything Ridge was saying, he was talking about what the ASS did to Caroline, and therefore to Ridge, on the night of horrors!

The expression on Ridge's face when he said "What you did is not gonna go away with a couple of I am sorry's", or when he said "You overstepped?  You stepped way out of bounds!", if only ThomASS knew that Ridge knows what he did, I think Ridge's gaze would have pulverized him right then and there!  Yeah, no one does Scary, Quiet and Lethal like TK [bowing]

It has been good to see Steffy being on Ridge's side these past couple of days, I sure hope that will continue when she finds out Ridge wants the ASS to go back to Paris.  Granted, it will be hard for her to understand since she doesn't know the whole story. 

And I keep thinking about the baby and Ridge keeping ASS out of the loop, when the truth eventually comes out, ThomASS will accuse Ridge of one more thinng, of depriving him of parenting his first-born (as if he could have [rolleyes] )

Kathy, thank you for letting us know that the master himself wrote most of the words in those amazing, heart-breaking scenes!  Not surprised at all, the words made the scenes were way above par!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #134 
I got such a sense of disquiet today, stemming from my feeling that Ridge and Caroline are not on the same page when it comes to Thomas. Let me just reiterate that I'm on Ridge's side, and see it exactly the same way he does. Of course, he wants Thomas outta there! Does Caroline? She obviously is so very uneasy keeping the secret from Thomas, I really don't think she can handle it, and I'm afraid that's what's going to come between Ridge and Caroline - if not something worse. If she has a problem keeping it from Thomas because she feels sorry for Thomas, that would be worse and after today I could see that happening.

You overstepped. You stepped way out of bounds.

Ridge and Thomas's interaction was very painful to watch, almost as painful as Ridge and Caroline's scenes yesterday since Ridge had to keep his true motive for sending Thomas away under wraps and could only use words that would make Thomas assume he meant the hitting. Yet Ridge's words expressed so clearly what he really meant, his bleak expression spoke even louder than words, and I honestly don't get how even entitled Thomas can be so utterly oblivious to the real source of Ridge's anger. 

Thomas can never apologize for what he did as far as I'm concerned. It was almost excruciating watching him try because all I could think about was Ridge saying yesterday how he would love that kid with everything he had. So it was more excruciating watching Ridge cut his son out of his life, yet I thought he was merciful to Thomas since he didn't outright fire him. In fact, when I was watching (sorta) the Eric/Steffy/Ivy scenes I was thankful that Eric doesn't know about this and hope Thomas doesn't go running to him! And I just can't get Ridge's expression out of my head.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #135 
Christy, I too hope Eric doesn't butt into this drama.  He doesn't know all the details and I highly doubt Ridge will oblige him.  But ThomASS seems dumb enough to not figure it out, and go crying to Eric, Steffy, whoever else will listen.  Surely the finger snapper will try to butt in too [rolleyes]  But since you brought up Eric/Steffy/Ivy, wasn't there too much mediation/peace-making going on today?  First Steffy tries to broker peace between ThomASS and Ridge, then Eric tries to broker a truce between Steffy and Ivy, and at the same time, Crazy Quinn is trying to soften Liam to get Ivy back [rolleyes]

But for Caroline to be OK with cutting the ASS out of their lives, she has to first fully accept that HE KNEW what he was doing, and it was without her consent = RAPE!  She has accepted his version of events for too long, so as much as Ridge tried to clarify it for her, I don't think the truth has sunk into her head yet.
She needs to come out of that fog, like yesterday!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #136 
That's my main take on it, Christy - he had a death stare - it was chilling & spoke volumes even though he chose his words very carefully.  It was amazing to watch & listen to his voice saying something but his face spoke something entirely different.  The message was loud & clear!  TK gave me goosebumps - again!  I am in awe. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #137 
Kathy,
Did Thorsten write the whole CaRidge dialogue?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #138 
Quote:
I got such a sense of disquiet today, stemming from my feeling that Ridge and Caroline are not on the same page when it comes to Thomas. Let me just reiterate that I'm on Ridge's side, and see it exactly the same way he does. Of course, he wants Thomas outta there! Does Caroline? She obviously is so very uneasy keeping the secret from Thomas, I really don't think she can handle it, and I'm afraid that's what's going to come between Ridge and Caroline - if not something worse. If she has a problem keeping it from Thomas because she feels sorry for Thomas, that would be worse and after today I could see that happening. 

Yep; I have the same feeling.  The undoing of Ridge/Caroline is going to be her inability to keep the secret.  Not only her inability to keep the secret but her desire to tell it.  She clearly doesn't want to exclude Thomas and I'm not sure she realizes how difficult it is for Ridge to deal with Thomas' betrayal and how it would make him feel to have Thomas told and a constant in their lives as the baby's bio father.  That's just way too much to ask of Ridge or expect from Ridge and yes, count me in (nothing new)...I'll be on Ridge's side if that happens.  My heart will break for him the minute I feel she's not putting Ridge's heart ahead of the man who raped her. 

Quote:
I honestly don't get how even entitled Thomas can be so utterly oblivious to the real source of Ridge's anger. 

The fact that Thomas doesn't get that Ridge now knows proves just how little he regrets that night with Caroline.  If he felt any kind of real remorse, the guilt would be killing him and every word from Ridge would make him paranoid and make him believe "oh shit...he knows"!  But since the entitled brat doesn't believe he's made any mistakes, he remains clueless to the double meaning in Ridge's words.  The idiot has the gall to whine about his ripped up design in the face of the father he betrayed in the worst possible way.

I think it's safe to say that if Eric gets involved he will not have Ridge's back and he will most likely use it as another opportunity to distort the past and remind Ridge how he "stole" Brooke from him.  And as much as Steffy has been harsh with Thomas over the punch...she will turn on Ridge too because she doesn't know the real reason for Ridge's anger.

Rough ride for Ridge and us ahead...I'm strapped in and hanging on for dear life.

"Let's move forward...the three of us working together" Thomas

Me: BWAHAHAHA!  If Ridge has anything to say about that, not bloody likely!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #139 
Quote:

Kathy, thank you for letting us know that the master himself wrote most of the words in those amazing, heart-breaking scenes!  Not surprised at all, the words made the scenes were way above par!

My pleasure, and for future reference, if in addition to amazing and heart-breaking, Ridge scenes are any combination of one or more of the following:
  1. Touching.
  2. Humane.
  3. Intelligent.
  4. Eloquent.
  5. Resonant.
  6. Wry.
  7. Emotionally satisfying, (etc., etc.).
PLUS the following essential element, innate to all the above:
  1. MAKE SENSE
...That's the giveaway that he had a hand in writing it. (Malin, I'm not sure about other characters' dialogue, that's why I said "most.")

Now on to today's show... I swear to god, when I got up from watching it and then making/uploading the clip, my legs felt like rubber -- Ridge's rigidly controlled smackdown of Thomas the Clueless was so intense it felt like it was about to shatter the screen. (As Sharon said -- death stare! Yes, if Ridge's gaze could kill, there would have been a pile of Thomas sushi on the floor.)

Like Christy, I also felt a sense of disquiet regarding Ridge and Caroline. IMO, Caroline is the weak link in Ridge's desire to keep her child's paternity a secret between them. It's a heavy secret to keep for sure, but Ridge is asking it of her for what sees as the good of her child/his grandchild and its non-need to know how it was conceived, which supersedes Caroline's impulse to tell Thomas that he fathered a child during his drunken rape of her.

The problem is, Ridge and Caroline don't seem to be on the same page re Thomas' actions. I may yell at the screen when Caroline makes excuses for Thomas, and be furious at the writers for trying to sugarcoat her nonconsent, but I also can't help but see how Caroline is a true reflection of our ever sexist, misogynistic, puritanical society that holds women responsible for men's assaults on their bodies, regardless of the circumstances, much less when a woman has voluntarily inebriated herself... while giving men a pass at the same time women internalize this message that it must be their fault. Unfortunately, that's not the issue the writers are trying to illustrate. They're just trying to have it both ways.

Anyway, as Caroline watched Ridge light into Clueless today, I also couldn't help but wonder how she was processing it, if she doesn't agree with Ridge at her most fundamental level that Thomas did rape her, and does deserve to be exiled to SiberiaParis. And I don't think she does. So I'm worried about how Ridge acting as an avenging angel on her behalf to Thomas will affect Caroline's opinion of Ridge as a father, if she is so influenced by our culture so as to blame herself on some level, and feel sorry for Thomas. (Again it doesn't seem that this is what the writers are trying to get across, it's just my attempt to understand where she might be coming from.)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #140 
I was getting the impression Caroline is starting to let herself admit that Thomas did rape her. But if she starts to feel sorry for Thomas....she will loose me.

June
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #141 
LG & PF INTERVIEW;

Research: Sonya

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #142 
Thank you Kathy for telling us. I had a feeling he had something to do with the writing. It was all beautiful written and the acting was beautiful and emotional at the same time....I don't think they need a script, it comes out free flowing, just natural,love it!!!!!!
I love to be on the CaRidge journey, I hope it never ends.......

Hugs

Sonya

Libellue

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #143 
Loved reading how much LG and PF respect TK.

Ridge's "death glare" today...surprised Thomas wasn't reduced to a pile of ash LOL.

As difficult as all this has been to watch...enjoying TK's stellar performance.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam
I was getting the impression Caroline is starting to let herself admit that Thomas did rape her. But if she starts to feel sorry for Thomas....she will loose me. June

I wish she would! What makes you think so, June?

I think the show is going out of its way to show Caroline as making every excuse in the book for Thomas. But they aren't doing it to show a woman in crisis who can't come to terms with what her husband's son did to her, which would present a wrenching character study that I'm sure Linsey would do full justice to...they're doing it to whitewash Thomas as expediently as possible. Heck, now I don't think they're even trying to whitewash him because I think the show doesn't think he really did anything wrong, anyway. The horrified anguish that Caroline experienced when she woke up next to him was just something to emphasize the cruel irony of her having spent the night with another man the day before Ridge told her he couldn't let her go and did want to have a baby with her.

So I still see Caroline as a victim, regardless, both of Thomas and of the horrendous writing. And I hardly ever feel that characters are victims of the writing!

TheRealGenaL

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #145 
Another great day of acting by TK, even if I have the sinking feeling (as some of you mentioned), that Ridge is on his way to being demonized and Thomas, anointed a saint. The support Ridge is getting from his daughter is likely to evaporate once the truth comes out. Ditto the support of his wife as it becomes harder and harder for her to keep the secret.

One of the things that really got to me today was how TK showed Ridge's outward anger toward his clueless moron of a son, but in his eyes, cold and hard though they were, burned a deep sadness. I was mesmerized watching him. Again.
AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #146 
I have to Ditto pretty much what everyone is saying. 

I'm feeling really uneasy about Caroline's apparent ambivalence about Thomas too.  I agree that she may be the ''Weak Link'' in Ridge's solution to this nightmare that they're living right now. 

Thomas just raises cluelessness to a whole new level.....I can't even.......

I just love TK's ability to portray multiple emotions at the same time and make it look effortless.  I saw rage, disappointment, and heartbreak all at once today.....and he didn't even have to say a word.  I loved his calm demeanor where most men would have surely lost it. 
Thomas may not have had a clue, but Caroline knew exactly what every word that Ridge uttered meant! 

Every day feels like cliffhanger Friday lately, and I'm loving it!  Bravo Thorsten!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #147 
Hi all, just finished watching today's episode. Pretty emotional scenes between father and son. The sadness in Ridge's eyes was though to bare and Thorsten's performance again stunning. One amazing performance after the other. nothing can stop him. I am in awww.....
Looks like we gonna see a much more angrier Ridge too, looking forward to that performance. Thorsten you are a Masterpiece !!!!!!!
One of a kind........

A good night to all

Love
Sonya from LA

LilBit318

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #148 
After watching previews for todays episode, it does look like perhaps Caroline is beginning to realize Thomas was not her friend that night.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #149 
Ridge made me so sad talking to Thomas. I just love watching the way Thorsten is playing this and can't wait for more.
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #150 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:

My pleasure, and for future reference, if in addition to amazing and heart-breaking, Ridge scenes are any combination of one or more of the following:
  1. Touching.
  2. Humane.
  3. Intelligent.
  4. Eloquent.
  5. Resonant.
  6. Wry.
  7. Emotionally satisfying, (etc., etc.).
PLUS the following essential element, innate to all the above:
  1. MAKE SENSE
...That's the giveaway that he had a hand in writing it.

Well put Kathy [smile]  A typical s/l on this show consists of limited vocabulary, repeated words (like every 5 seconds, to get our attention [rolleyes] ), WTF phrases, disjointed reactions and over-the-top emotions during cliffhangers or climactic scenes.  When TK grabs a pen, the scenes have ALL the elements you mentioned above, and most of all, he transforms the most "out-there" scenes or s/l  make all the sense when we are watching!  He makes us forget we are watching fiction, because the words, the reactions and the emotions are SO realistic!  What a truly talented man [bowing]

As for Caroline, it is almost as if she is in denial about what really happened.  Or, as I have mentioned before, the writers changed their minds about how they wanted ThomASS to be perceived if they want to keep PF around?  I don't know.  But TPTB are missing a huge opportunity to talk about date-rape and its consequences, may be they feel they have spent all their social service quota on Maya/Myron (though they sorely goofed on that too, but at least they tried by having her friend Nick lecture Ridge, and enlighten others) to care to tackle another taboo subject [sigh]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.