Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Dull November brings the blast,
Then the leaves are whirling fast.
Sara Coleridge

In anticipation of Ridge's next reappearance, a brand spanking new thread for November.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Sara Coleridge never saw 50...I think she died at 48 or maybe 49...cruel world.
I saw 50, tried to embrace her...tried to be grateful.
I didn't care for her much, and not because she made me feel old,
but because she reminded me...reminds me...of all the things I haven't done.
So here it goes, I need your help.
I'm putting a demo tape together for myself,just in case there is life after B&B,
A tape that contains pieces of moments and scenes from the last few years that maybe worked for you.
I can't do it, all I see is a fat middle aged man trying to make out with women half his age.
So do me a favor and think of two or three scenes that you liked as a viewer and let me or Kathy or Christy or Gina know...
Those girls are in charge.
I would love your help with this!

Here's to the things we haven't done......
t
Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Will do Thorsten, gladly to help out....you can do anything... you are an amazing actor!!!! Where ever you go or whatever you do you gonna be great!!! I Have that faith in you!!!!!
Sonya

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings22
Sara Coleridge never saw 50...I think she died at 48 or maybe 49...cruel world. I saw 50, tried to embrace her...tried to be grateful. I didn't care for her much, and not because she made me feel old, but because she reminded me...reminds me...of all the things I haven't done. So here it goes, I need your help. I'm putting a demo tape together for myself,just in case there is life after B&B, A tape that contains pieces of moments and scenes from the last few years that maybe worked for you. I can't do it, all I see is a fat middle aged man trying to make out with women half his age. So do me a favor and think of two or three scenes that you liked as a viewer and let me or Kathy or Christy or Gina know... Those girls are in charge. I would love your help with this! Here's to the things we haven't done...... t

Good morning T!! I don't think I can be of much help, the problem is I love all of your work. That aside, any scenes you have with John McCook are gold. Whatever the dialog, you two make it so emotional and real. I've even enjoyed Ridge and Rick(y) lately, hopefully you and Jacob will work together more! 

If the time comes and you are no longer on B&B, I think a comedy would be perfect for you...we all know your sense of humor [wink]

Oh, and 50...you have so much more to do and see.  I have no doubt that whatever you do it will be amazing!! 

Thanks Mon
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Sara Coleridge never saw 50...I think she died at 48 or maybe 49...cruel world. I saw 50, tried to embrace her...tried to be grateful. I didn't care for her much, and not because she made me feel old, but because she reminded me...reminds me...of all the things I haven't done. So here it goes, I need your help. I'm putting a demo tape together for myself,just in case there is life after B&B, A tape that contains pieces of moments and scenes from the last few years that maybe worked for you. I can't do it, all I see is a fat middle aged man trying to make out with women half his age. So do me a favor and think of two or three scenes that you liked as a viewer and let me or Kathy or Christy or Gina know... Those girls are in charge. I would love your help with this! Here's to the things we haven't done...... t

Thorsten....let's just say we see this very, very, very differently! In fact, I'm pretty sure that Ridge and Caroline were #1 in an SID poll in September....but anyway, there is no actor on the planet who does romantic scenes better - with anyone. In fact, some of us were commenting that you could even make us buy it if they put Ridge and (heaven forbid) Quinn together...

Two or three is beyond me, but here are some of my favorite moments.

B&B
  1. Ridge's welcome home party when he described what it was like to fall into the water and forget but how it will be OK if you have someone on the other side to pull you through (June 23, 2014)
  2. Ridge quoting Shakespeare and eulogizing Aly at her funeral (July 27, 2015)
  3. Ridge tells Caroline he wants to have a child with her (Sept. 3, 2015)
  4. Ridge and Caroline get married (Sept. 14-15, 2015)
  5. Caroline tells Ridge she was raped and he reaction (Oct. 2-5-6, 2015)

AMC

1. Myrtle's memorial (Dec. 19, 2008)
  2. Zach tells Kendall that picturing her with Aidan feels like a knife in the throat (April 24, 2008)
  3. Zach and Greenlee running out of air, and Zach tells Greenlee fear is what drives him (Dec. 18, 2007)
  4. Zach breaks the 4th wall (August 10, 2007)
  5. Zach and his father fighting for the dead man's switch as Zach gets shot (March 5, 2007)
  6. Zach in jail, taunting police chief and getting tasered (9/18/06)
  7. Zach and Ryan's epic fight (Feb. 10, 2005)

PC
  1. When the darkness comes (Sept. 11, 2003)

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
Good morning Thorsten and everyone, I agree with all your choices, there is so many to choose from.... all masterpieces ! My list....
1. When Caroline tells Ridge she is pregnant with Thomas's Child and Ridges reaction, amazing performance from Thorsten, broke my heart....
2. Caridge wedding on the beach, one of the nicest wedding I have ever seen on any soap.....
3. Birth of baby Douglas, it seemed so real and beautiful and the acting magical....
4. Ridge and Rick scene, when Ridge was trying to talk some sense into Rick, convincing him not to leave Caroline. Love Thorsten and Jacob together, would like to see them in more scenes...
5. The Caridge proposal, perfectly done.....
6. Ridge and Brooke kiss by the water fountain, Thorsten's first appearance as Ridge Forrester...and it couldn't be a better first appearance, loved it, liking the new created chemistry between Bridge
7. Cabin scene with Ridge and Caroline, great great chemistry there...
And the list goes on and on.....
You create amazing chemistry with anybody Thorsten!!!!
You are such an phenomenal actor,I truly adore you as an actor. I wish you best luck in everything you do, good things coming your way.... you deserve nothing less !!!!! Hope you get a beautiful tape together!!!!!
Hugs
Sonya

Gina

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #7 
I agree with Christy's choice of scenes but would add my all-time favorite from OLTL:  The Plot of Land where Patrick pleads with Marty (to no avail) not to marry Dylan.

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

Hi Thorsten!

experts say that 50 is the new 40 and you are proof...it is very true! You couldn't be

more sexier and handsome!

I'll be back later with my choices...

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
You're NOT old or fat Thorsten! STOP thinking like that! You're the most handsome man i've ever seen & the best male actor I know AND all the CaRidge scenes DID work if you seen all polls with CaRidge in TOP ... Probably because age is JUST a number and when you click with someone it transcends things like that!

1. Caroline tells she's pregnant with Thomas child

2. Ridge at Eric's hospital Bed

3. Falling Water

And yes please don't leave B&B...not now!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Malin...ICAM

Every woman's UNATAINABLE dream!...that IS Thorsten!

Libellue

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #11 
I loved many of the scenes between Ridge and Katie when they were getting involved with each other.  There was one during which Katie was telling Ridge what had transpired when Bill and Brooke had had an affair, and Ridge had tears in his eyes when he said, "you were sick".  I remember thinking, not for the first time, what a good reactive actor you were(and, are).

Other scenes I remember were the first Ridge and Katie bedroom scenes; Katie wanted to talk about the future, and Ridge wanted to focus in the moment.  I thought you played those scenes with a sort of melancholy self insight(for Ridge as a character) that was poignant.
Libellue

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy

some of us were commenting that you could even make us buy it if they put Ridge and (heaven forbid) Quinn together...

LOL, because there were some major sparks between Ridge and Quinn in that last scene today.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Ridge's tolerance is commendable....I wouldn't give Quinn the time of day.

I'm sure for his father's sake...eventually Ridge will give his step mother the benefit of

the doubt ...or take the approach of playing nice to get the goods on Quinn and that

will wind this story up  for now and then we can go back to Douglas's

paternity because there is a story there...the quack got flattened but he was an

incompetent and loser so...

Pammy  said the 't' word...Thanksgiving is upon them and Quinn is still there...it is

frightening!

Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Too many great scenes to choose from, TK!!! 

I have enjoyed seeing you on B&B, but I don't think the writing for your character is as strong as it was for Ian on PC,  Patrick on OLTL and Zach on AMC.  Maybe you need to kick someone out of the writer's chair for a while.....

"And I Will Cut You Out Of My Heart" is probably my favorite clip from OLTL.  You had a pretty good partner in that scene!

There are too many great scenes from AMC for me to list - but a few favorites were any with Zach and Myrtle, especially her memorial service.  Also, any scenes with babies in them - you are a baby whisperer - love the one where you first meet Bianca.

I'm hoping that somehow Ridge and Quinn will end up together on B&B - I think you and Rena Sofer could set off some fireworks.

I have truly enjoyed watching you for the last eleven years - you have turned dreck into gold so many times, and made yourself a fan for life in me.  Thank you.
emilymoonbeam

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Every scene between Ridge and Caroline has been compelling and memorable. It's difficult to choose from among them. The wedding and the birth of Douglas, of course, stand out. A favorite of mine which no one has mentioned is when Ridge and Caroline first speak to each other alone after Rick humiliates her by announcing in front of everyone that Maya will be his partner rather than Caroline.
I would like to add that many of us who have enjoyed these scenes are heartbroken, to say the least, over the recent direction of the writing, which has deprived us of what I believe is the best acting partnership ever seen in a soap. I was immediately drawn into the story from the first time you shared the screen. You and Linsey succeeded in making the story so believable, it's no wonder some people can't distinguish fantasy from reality.
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilymoonbeam
Every scene between Ridge and Caroline has been compelling and memorable.
I would like to add that many of us who have enjoyed these scenes are heartbroken, to say the least, over the recent direction of the writing, which has deprived us of what I believe is the best acting partnership ever seen in a soap. I was immediately drawn into the story from the first time you shared the screen.

YEES I agree!!!!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Hi Thorsten...  First of all, you certainly don't look 50 and I have never seen an ounce of fat anywhere near you, so don't be RIDICULOUS!!  [free-cool-smileys-268]

It's pretty hard to narrow it down to a 'couple' scenes... but I agree with Christy on  1. when Zach is asking Kendall which memory he should throw out to make room for her and Aiden/knife in the throat...  that one was killer!
2. Zach 'kangarooing' with Ian... aahhhh!
3. Smash - Nick at the bar with Eileen - offering up his 'emergency fund' to help with the production of her show, etc.
4. B&B - the day in the park with Katie

Hope these and everyone else's are helpful for you - a good variety of scenes! :-)

p.s. who are you cheering for tonight -
                                     Cleveland or Chicago??  [winner]

Ann
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:

B&B
  1. Ridge's welcome home party when he described what it was like to fall into the water and forget but how it will be OK if you have someone on the other side to pull you through (June 23, 2014)

AMC

2. Zach tells Kendall that picturing her with Aidan feels like a knife in the throat (April 24, 2008)
  3. Zach and Greenlee running out of air, and Zach tells Greenlee fear is what drives him (Dec. 18, 2007)
  5. Zach and his father fighting for the dead man's switch as Zach gets shot (March 5, 2007)

PC

So, soooo, many!  I love all of Christy's suggestions.  Love Gina's addition as well.

I've been going thru the TK reel permanently implanted in my memory banks...this may take awhile, lol.

For now, I'll add:

(1) the Murder Game that Zach set up to catch Michael's killer as Zach watched the suspects on monitors and gave Maria a description of each suspect. 
(2) The Penthouse scenes when Zach reveals he was born Alexander Cambias Jr.
(3) The goodbye scene between Zach & Maria (added bonus: the kiss...yowza!)
(4) Zach at Kendall's bedside during coma #1...locking everyone out, trying to honor Kendall's wishes to save Spike.

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Maisie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 
I forgot about the Zach-Maria goodbye scene - another great one!  Or the scene when Kendall was in the hospital (can't remember which coma it was [smile]....) and Zach just slides down to the hospital floor in despair.  Or New Year's Eve when Zach declares his love to Kendall - my all-time favorite soap opera scene.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #20 
The latest aborted Brill wedding reminded me of several great scenes:

First, the great action sequences in the 6/2/14 episode where Ridge piloted that cool boat with treads onto the Dubai sand, raced through town (scenes totally belying someone's description of himself), decked Bill, ran off with Brooke and stuffed her in the helicopter, and then his scary fall in the ocean.

Second, the 6/23-24/14 scenes where Ridge gets revenge on Bill by taking over the Spencer helicopter and subjecting Bill to a very bumpy ride (without telling him to fasten his seat belt... because Ridge has it). And here you thought the only thing I studied in Paris was poetry. Ridge's unflappable amusement while Bill insults him and panics like the coward he is while Ridge takes him for a ride and forces to admit he was responsible for Ridge's accident, is a very satisfying characterization to watch. Sheer poetry!

Third, the aftermath on 6/25/14 where Bill has to fess up to Brooke in front of Ridge... Ridge is no longer very amused, he's angry, but in a still and quiet-voiced way that is just enough to exude his contempt. Gives you the feeling that as much as Ridge loathes Bill, and wants him exposed for almost killing Ridge, Bill is such a pissant to him that he's not worth the effort to go off on beyond that. It was another great characterization.

(And the above three groups of scenes reminded me of why Bill and Brooke didn't marry that time -- not because Ridge prevented them, but because of Brooke's response to Bill's attempt to take out Ridge.)

Ridge was no slouch on today's show either! Telling Quinn she made him want to throw up in his mouth was a more visceral expression of Ridge's contempt for anyone than he usually indulges in, which made it all the more unexpected and powerful, and appropriate, considering how Ridge sees Quinn getting away with raping Liam and now zeroing in on his weak, needy father. Ridge is usually gallant toward women, so this aspect of him is striking, but still very much in character.

In another vein and from another show, I love the whole 4/23/12 episode of Smash where Eileen went to Nick's apartment and they had some getting-to-know-you-better conversation and then made love. It was so sweet, quietly emotional, and adult in the best way.

(I did not know that about Sara Coleridge... just that she was S. T. C.'s daughter. Yup, according to her Wikipedia page she died at 49. Just noticed the second syllable of her name is Ridge! Duh.)

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Thorsten, thank you for asking - that means everything!  I have so many it's hard to come up with them all but I'll try to go with the most memorable ones for me.  
AMC - At the top of my list is the New Year's Eve, 2005-06 episodes - the one where Zach tells Kendall he loves her - it is absolute magic & swept me off my feet, right along with Kendall!  I fell in love with Zach falling in love with her, if that makes sense!  It is the watershed moment for me- completely under your spell ever since!  Also the following morning of that NY's when Zach & Kendall were playing in the sand.  
I think the moment Zach's lie was discovered at the Mardi Gras Ball when Zach admitted to Kendall he 'did it all for love' is right up there among your best.  As was the moment in the morgue with Zach's son, Ethan.  
The next on my list has to be the hospital scenes when Kendall as in her first coma & Zach got up in the bed with her & made his 'I'm just a simple man who loves his wife' speech to comatose Kendall & who could forget 'you broke me'?!  Totally captivating & romantic beyond all measure!  Many of those scenes are noteworthy - one is the scene with Erica & Myrtle by the elevator when everyone who loves Kendall was so desperate & Erica screamed "Zach, I love Kendall" & Zach quietly, as his voice is breaking so desperately trying to maintain his composure, says, "I love her, too, Erica".  I have to say that one scene stole my heart & I have worn out more than one DVD of it over the yrs watching again & again.  These tug at the heartstrings.  
Don't leave out the scene in the PV jail when Zach was chained to the cot on the floor & Kendall walks in with Ryan & Zach says to her, "God can't help you now, Kendall" -  electrifying!  I wore that one out, too!  
And I think the scenes of Zach in Las Vegas digging up the grave of Alexander Cambias with his bare hands in a frenzy is one of the most dramatic of all!  Check it out!  And the one of Zach on his knees with AC holding Kendall is amazing!
Every scene with Eileen/Myrtle is special -your dynamic/chemistry is so incredible & poignant.  You almost can't go wrong with any of Zach's scenes - even the funny ones.  Love any of the ones with baby Spike - espec when you are having 'conversations' with Spikey - the ones I love most are when Kendall was mad & Zach talks to Kendall through Spike & says, "no I can't do that, your Mom would rip my lips off'!  Another is when you told Spike the story of 'Tony - ain't got no avocados'!  That's awesome!  There are so many it's hard to stop now that I'm on a roll.  But those are special favorites.
With PC, the one about the children - one bead for every child stands out.  Also when Even died & Ian gets on the gurney with her to say goodbye & covers her up because she's cold is so emotional.  Also Eve's funeral when Ian is holding baby Daniel & talking about Eve is outstanding - tearjerker.  I've played those a million times, too!  
I agree with Kathy about the love scene on Smash with Angelica Houston's character is beautifully done & a very adult love story. 
Any of Patrick Thornhart's scenes will be great, espec the ones in the Wild Swan - take your pick!  
As for B&B - my favorites are the dramatic return of Ridge & the epic scene with Brooke on the steps to the fountain.  I also loved the CaRidge story & the wedding of Caroline & Ridge was the most beautiful & romantic soap opera wedding I can ever remember & I've watched soaps for way longer than 50 years!  I love the scenes of Ridge & Caroline painting each other - very sensual & also remind me of the same type scenes on PC with Eve (I believe) in a dream sequence that was supposed to be in Paris & she dies in his arms -  great acting in it!  
I'm sure there are so many more & if I think of more I'll drop by & add later, but this is enough for now.  Sorry it's so long, but I have a very hard time trying to narrow the list!   But I do hope this doesn't mean you're planning to leave B&B!  

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:

Thorsten, ALL of your performances and portrayals captivate us, tug on our emotions and take our breath away. Continued success, peace, health, love and blessings always.

A few of my favorites:

Port Charles

I Can’t Fix This – Eve’s passing

AMC

May 26th, 2006 – Kendall’s coma – “I can’t let you die Kendall…it’s Antigua. Legend has it that there is a magic tree in the Rain Forest. And if you were to hammer a nail into the truck of that tree all the leaves would get miraculous healing powers. So, that is what I want to do. I want to take you there and I’ll bring the biggest nail I can find and I’ll nail it into that tree and I’ll take the leaves and put them right here, (Kendall’s forehead). Like that, see. And then you will open your eyes and you would try to speak but you couldn’t cause I’d be kissing all over you. And that would be it. The beginning of the rest of our lives. You and me and Spike. And this, whatever this is, this nightmare is going to be behind us forever”.

April 24th, 2008 – ONS – “It feels like a knife in my throat, over and over and over again…”

November 19th, 2010 – “…God is Gracious, (Ian’s name)…Don’t miss me. There’s no need. Look in our Boys’ eyes, you’ll see me. Hear them laugh, you’ll hear me. Feel their hands, you’ll feel me…Wind on your cheek, I’m with you. Warmth of the sun on your hair, I’m with you. No end, no limit and no fear. That’s how we loved. That’s how you’ll live…Forever”

B&B

July 27th, 2015 – Aly’s memorial – “…Out, out, brief candle. Life is a walking shadow, a poor player. That struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more…”

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Thorsten as you can see...your exceptional performances have touched us forever

and we can't limit our choices to several...you are an extraordinary actor !

All of the selections are unforgettable and I want to add...

... Katie confession to Ridge that she wasn't alright with what happened between

Brooke and Bill, in a low tone, and Ridge said "I can't hear you"  and she repeated it

louder and he comforted her with a hug.

...the right reason to use the jet...time was of the essence...to stop the wedding at

Dubai and the conversation with Eric in the office about Brooke and they both agreed

that Ridge needed to bring Brooke home.

...Ridge saw Katie after the accident and she tried to reach him with their poem and

she whispered in his ear and ,for a brief  moment ,I thought that he wouldn't

remember but he finished the poem and did remember their love and kissed her!

... Ridge went back to FC after the accident and  when he got out of the car...what a

fine sight ..his hair just right ...that suit.. OH LA LA!  and then his devastating

realisation that he lost his gift of design....heart wrenching...  his world had

changed forever and he couldn't bear to be in the office, knowing that he couldn't

create, he ran out..bumping into people...lost in his despair! POWERFUL!

...your million dollar smile and laugh...the time Eric and Ridge were discussing Ricky

announcing he had one year irrevocable CEO and Eric asks Ridge "you have other

objections"...and Ridge laughs ...that beautiful laugh that fills a room and  angrily

tells Eric that he enables Ricky because he is guilt ridden for not being there for his

childhood!

...I could go on on...you are that magnificent so please continue portraying Ridge

because a day without Ridge is empty...his/your charisma ,body language,

voice, facial and eye expressions are fantastico ...another scene came to mind

...Ridge told Ricky that he was less sorry day by day about what happened between

Caroline and him because of Ricky berating  Caroline...Ridge's squinted eyes as he

said it was priceless!

...everyone has talked about how NO ONE does a love scene as sensual and

breath taking as you do and it is worth repeating....HOT!!!

Good luck with the demo tape and all that you do. I hope that you fulfill your quest

to do the things you haven't done!

avid fan..

Laura

Katbert

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #24 
So many favorites as Zach Slater, but one that comes to mind is after Ethan died, when Kendall came to ask Zach to "fix them" and that one tear rolled down Zach's cheek and plopped into his glass of scotch.  The scene ended with "God help me, I still love you."  I'm tearing up just thinking of it.  And then lovely Myrtle came by.  Any scenes with Zach and Myrtle were golden; it was so obvious that they loved each other in real life as well as reel life.
Zach collapsing in the hospital, crying that he couldn't watch his son die.
Zach wiping away Kendall's tear when she's going to jail for Stuart's murder and rubbing the tears in his fingers as he leaves her.
When the light went out in the Hole, as Zach and Greenlee were almost dead, "I'm sorry Kendall."

It's strange that all these scenes have crying in them.  But you're so good at it.  You're good at everything you do, and I feel blessed to have been watching you for the last 11 years. 
Katja_TeamBridge

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #25 
The dubai scenes when ridge punched bill and ran off with Brooke and fell out of the helicopter.

The scenes with Brooke and the kitchen. They have been so natural! All of them.

The scene where Ridge and Brooke where sitting in the office and we're talking about RJ when he ran off to Bills.

The latest Ridge and Rick scene in the office where Rick tried to open Ridges eye's 2 stop the wedding.

Ridges love confession to Brooke. Especially the part with "tomorrow I will still be an idiot, but I will be an happy idiot if your with me"

the latest Ridge and RJ scene in the kitchen and the one in the office before.

Yes, I know I am very one sided here but that is bc I really can feel the bridge magic. And if someone can make me feel to not want Ronn Moss back bc I fell in love with this new Ridge and Bridge even more (what I never in a million years thought would ever be possible), that means that you are really really really brilliant in what you do!! I didn't know u before BB but u won my heart right away when u were standing there at the fountain and u said "Logan".
Honestly I think, what ever scenes u will choose, it will be a brilliant promo, bc YOU r brilliant! And u may be getting older, but hell, u r getting sexier and more more handsome every day
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
It is amazing how TK can transform a gloomy, rainy ,November day into a lovely poetic

afternoon...all day I'm reciting  "Loves Philosophy".. thank you, T!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libellue

LOL, because there were some major sparks between Ridge and Quinn in that last scene today.

True, TK has chemistry with a doorknob (I'll always appreciate Esensten/Brown, Port Charles writers, for that comment!) but I’d be beside myself if they went there. It’s awful enough that Ridge was stuck with a rapist son. And his contempt for Quinn rings so true, it’s downright therapeutic for me to watch it. It was as if Ridge were reading my mind yesterday –Quinn has the exact same effect on me, so I thought everything he said to her was spot on. It makes me want to throw up in my mouth when Quinn spouts her empty platitudes about “love.” Just a few months ago she was claiming that another man changed her for the better. Ha!. Whereas Ridge could have given smarmy Quinn a lesson about love since he chose love over money.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:

Just a few months ago she was claiming that another man changed her for the better. Ha!.

And then proceeded to push her former husband off a cliff.  You can't make this stuff up, lol!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:

Thorsten....let's just say we see this very, very, very differently! In fact, I'm pretty sure that Ridge and Caroline were #1 in an SID poll in September....but anyway, there is no actor on the planet who does romantic scenes better - with anyone. In fact, some of us were commenting that you could even make us buy it if they put Ridge and (heaven forbid) Quinn together...

Two or three is beyond me, but here are some of my favorite moments.

B&B

AMC

PC

I'm adding Falling Water to the list. Javier Mendoza's story might have been cut short, but while he was onscreen - killer gasp/squeal/shriek/sniff worthy scenes.

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
     Thorsten, I can understand why your project is such a hard task. Trying to whittle down your continuous flow of PERFECTION  to just a few examples is impossible. Though you asked, I think, for more recent examples, I would like to submit one from 2006 that will always be sacred to me . I call it "Antigua".  It was during the first Kendall coma when you locked everyone out and told her the legend  of some powerful magic tree's leaves. You placed your hand on her forehead  and looked at her so lovingly .....and I FELL APART apart, and REALIZED for the first time just how STRONGLY you had gotten to me over the preceeding year. I knew that I actually was IN LOVE with you and would never again be able to erase another daily recording . (and I haven't)
    Also, I agree that you should definitely include your "Falling Waters" epi.
..........so powerful, so moving.....as you always are,
    This  audition project, however, is making me nervous. I sure hope you are not about to quit B&B any time soon. The thought of a "no TK world" is unbearable to me.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
This  audition project, however, is making me nervous. I sure hope you are not about to quit B&B any time soon. The thought of a "no TK world" is unbearable to me.

My thoughts and fear EXACTLY!

Katja_TeamBridge

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegaze

My thoughts and fear EXACTLY!

I second that! I really hope u are not leaving BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Can't forget the "Stafford Project" - where YOU play the biggest jerk on the planet (well, next to DT )... makes me laugh every single time I watch it - and I do not know how in the world you got through filming that with a straight face!!!  Since most of the other scenes are dramatic, it would be nice to show your comedy side... they need to give you and Michelle Stafford a half hour comedy show in prime time!!!  [yippee]
CherylVanover

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Thorsten, I am a diehard fan of yours and every performance you've ever done is amazing!!  I could write a book on my favorites, here are a few though:

1.  AMC- The scene where you leave the room and we hear you yell out and you come running back, you'd seen a BIG spider, lol.  (Wanted to give you a huge hug, that was so cute and priceless)
2.  The Stafford Project - You were SOOO sexy in that part, even though he was a jerk!!
3.  AMC - Your last goodbye with Maria, I cried so hard on that one, it broke my heart.
4.  AMC - After the bombing at the Mardi Gras and you're trying to get Ethan's forgiveness.
5.  AMC - Ethan's death.
6.  AMC - Zach digging at his father's grave with his bare hands.
7.  AMC - Zach and Alexander Sr. fighting over the bomb switch.
8.  AMC - When you block the door when Kendall's in a coma and talk about the tree.
9.  AMC - The New Year's Eve scene, it was so beautiful I cried (AGAIN).
10. Any baby scene, you are a true "baby whisperer".
11. AMC - When you were at the beach playing in the sand with Kendall.
12. Smash - When you went back to your apartment and started "getting to know each other better".
13. Sliders Episode - When you were holding the doctor and had a gun in your hand.
14. Animals - After you were locked out of the house, you got back in and knocked the shit out of that guy.  I cheered!!
15. B&B - When you learn that Thomas is the father of Caroline's baby and you fall to your knees.  I wanted to hug you so badly.  You make EVERYTHING that you do seem so real!!
16. B&B - The park scene with Katie and the dance.
17. B&B - The wedding at the beach.
18. B&B - When you piloted the helicopter and scared Bill shitless.
19. AMC - The bombshelter when you were telling Greenlee your fears.
20. B&B - The birth scene.
21. B&B - Ridge's return, you walked down the steps and you and Brooke kissed.
22. AMC - Myrtle's memorial, hell, any scene with Myrtle.
23. Falling Water - Your entire performance.  I cried so much on that one, lol.  Hope to see you in more dreams on that one.
24. AMC - When you deliver Gabrielle and hold her up to the sky.
25. OLTL - When you try to talk Marty out of getting married to Dylan.
26. PC - When Eve dies.

Thorsten, you are the most amazing actor I've ever seen.  You elicit every emotion in us.  I'm spellbound every time I watch you perform.  You do the best love scenes I have EVER seen!!  It pisses me off to no end that you haven't won an award yet.  I have seen NO fat on you, lol.  You aren't getting older, you're getting BETTER, more sexy and handsome as the years pass.  Susan is a very lucky lady and your girls are lucky to have you as a father.  I bet they're all so proud of you. 

Looking so forward every day to see ANYTHING that you're in.  I see on the website where so many of these women have gotten to meet you, that's a dream of mine.  I want to give you a huge hug and thank you in person for all of the wonderful moments you've given me,  thanks to your acting!!  By the way, love your voice too!!

Best of luck to you in anything that you do and love you!!  Say hello to Susan and the girls for us too!!

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
It was so odd that Ricky who is living in mommy's house ...didn't even mention any

thing about her being jilted at the alter...she is hurting...could Raya put their baby

plans on hold for a minute and be grateful for the child they have!

...may tomorrow be a Ridge day!

AshleyBBGirl

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Thorsten!!! Can I add all the CaRidge painting each other scenes, so sexy and different [smile].
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #37 

There it is, the Forrester Creations brain trust

Ridge’s greeting to the “Wicked Witch of the West” -- and her flying monkeys -- was priceless. He was on fire today. Love how he mocks her. Elphaba! Snort. But I have to agree with Quinn for once, somebody should give Ridge his own late night TV show! She just can’t get the better of him. It’s such bullshit how they’re trying to make Quinn look like the poor little put upon loyal wifey who’s trying to  make nice with her big bad step son, but damn, the chemistry is off the charts and I can’t not see it though I loathe her.

So Oedipus agreed with his mommy, there’s a shocker

Ridge just kept getting better and better after starting off at his absolute best.

Your soul is the darkest thing I have ever seen.

THANK YOU, RIDGE (and TK!!!!).

Then Ridge switched gears and became Brooke's moral support shoulder....until he finished by surreptitiously watching Quinn, and the look on his face, OMG.

Today is a good day.

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Ridge was on fire! It is amazing how Ridge always speaks our minds!

and the KISS...what happened...my TV said Ridge gives Brooke a surprise kiss??

-------------Thorsten is the best...Better than the REST!!-------------------

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
[QUOTE

but damn, the chemistry is off the charts and I can’t not see it though I loathe her.

So Oedipus agreed with his mommy, there’s a shocker

/QUOTE]

Uh- I went there, too.  It's undeniable!  Electric!  Awesome performance today for TK!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Haha I was waiting for that kiss too Bluegaze.....but stunning acting again from Thorsten, I see chemistry as well between Ridge and Quinn.... he is gonna have a silver plater full of woman to chose from!!! But I would love to see where Bridge goes. I like the chemistry between TK and KKL, it's very sweet ....

CherylVanover

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #41 
I had a doctor appointment today so didn't get to see today's episode.  I'm broken-hearted!!!

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Sonyaanita..as Ridge was talking to Brooke ..all I could think of was how he was

going to surprise her with a kiss and I wasn't even listening to his words...which is

NEVER...because I was focusing on his body (which is ALWAYS) so as not to miss his

approach but it didn't happen!LOL

ITA ...Ridge and Brooke are falling in love ...it is inevitable...how can any woman

resist him!

The three stooges at the CEO desk were appropriately named...the

turncoat ,diamond thief and the witch...talking about step mommy dearest...I don't

see the sparks...all I see in Ridge's body language is contempt confirmed by his

words!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Oh I'm glad I wasn't the only one who missed it!  I thought maybe I blinked & missed the kiss.  Wonder what happened?  My TV remote guide also said Ridge & Brooke would share a kiss today.   [wtf]

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #44 
So much to comment on! Ridge reminded me a teeny bit of Rhett Butler today -- i.e. the scene where Rhett asks Scarlett after her loss of hubby #2, "Do you never shrink from marrying men you don't love?" That felt (to me anyway) like the undercurrent of Ridge/Quinn scene -- Quinn's current husband Eric is an unexciting senior citizen, her last hubby Deacon was a weak dumbass, and in between was Quinn's pathetic (and criminal!) faked marriage to amnesiac Liam who dumped her the instant he remembered her. Before that, though, Liam was a pushover for Quinn's machinations, and so were/are the other two husbands.

Just by the sheer power of his presence, Ridge showed Quinn today what she's missing and has been missing. Her other men were and are no match for Quinn in the brains or spirit or sheer gumption departments. Not that I'm advocating this, because I'm not, but I guess I'm a pushover, too -- because it is so obvious that Ridge is so much more than a match.

And unlike the father of the Whyner, Ridge certainly doesn't need to wear a metal mini-sword around his neck 24/7 in a vain (both senses of the word) attempt to display his manhood. Ridge's little finger is manlier than that group put together. Hi fingernail is!

All by way of saying -- I don't think Ridge would have to put much effort into getting Quinn in his arms where Eric could "accidentially" see them together, if Ridge were so inclined to set Quinn up! (A scenario I could go for, if Ridge then immediately kicked Quinn to the curb as she so richly deserves -- not as much as she deserves a jail cell, though.)

Today's Ridge-centric show  was definitely a strap yourself down and just enjoy the ride experience, because he was a sight (and sound) to behold -- firing effortlessly on all cylinders, zinging Quinn left and right with the finesse and aplomb of an expert fencer -- and she just didn't know where to look next! Ridge was in control from the instant he encountered Quinn and her two stooges in his office, shooting down her ideas with his lightly amused contempt that is so much fun to watch. Quinn simply can't get to Ridge no matter how hard she tries.

To conclude... Damn. Ridge was cooking today -- and I don't just mean pepper steak for RJ! But that sounds good too, LOL.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #45 
 Bill didn't get the answer he wanted from Brooke ...now ...he knows that when Ridge

is in the picture...there is no competition...Ridge is the MAN!

Bill... go to your high tower and sulk in the reality that Ridge is unbeatable and has

more charisma and sexiness than you will ever have!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #46 
Hmm...Katie and Eric.. did I see a twinkle in Eric's eyes.. her most attractive asset

according to Eric's criteria...  she was once Ridge's love !LOL

....tomorrow tomorrow is only a day away and hopefully a Ridge filled episode day!

CherylVanover

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #47 
I saw the twinkle tooi, lol!!  She is a Logan after all!!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 
GO get her Pammy...shove her in a container and ship her to China!

Only her three minions  would miss her! Quinn asks  for the

Forresters' opinions rhetorically...and then she delights "Eric approved it already"...she

gets pleasure informing them of the NEW WORLD ORDER...Quinn stop BARKING!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #49 
Just saw this posted on Twitter - nice accolades.

[image]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #50 
thanks Sharon...we can never hear enough wonderful accolades of Thorsten ...

he deserves it!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.