Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
Didn't get to see the whole show today because it was interrupted by a "special report" on a Hummer running into a Silver Diner at local mall. Isn't that weird? Just as Katie was interrogating Ridge about Dr. Roadkill, the scene was interrupted because of a real accident. Of course, that pissed me off - not one of the other local stations, not even the all-news one, covered it, just the local CBS one. But I'll download the show from the CBS app, no problem.

From what I saw -Thomas is acting like a baby stalker! So weird. I mean, he'd be overdoing it even if he knew he was the father.

I thought  Ridge was much farther away when he saw Dr. Roadkill get squashed than he appeared in that photo. And if Dr. Roadkill was investigated, why didn't whoever investigated him notice that a well-known person like Ridge Forrester was in the picture if they were using the angle that the doctor had racked up a bunch of enemies?! I guess because Katie Spencer P.I. is on the case? Ugh.

As much as I can't stand Katie's bizarre behavior, though, I'm loving how Ridge responds to her. And the look he gave her when she asked if he killed Dr. Wolin (I keep wanting to say Dr. Wolek, sigh) - whoa. I can't wait to see the whole show later. I just do not get how she can forget how much he once meant to her.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
OMG, how beautiful was the family scene [thud] Ridge leaning back in that chair [thud] Ridge smiling [thud] Ridge and Caroline having a loving, romantic, "NORMAL" conversation [thud]
Of course, we barely got 3.5 seconds before they were interrupted by the rapist [gaah]  ITA Christy, totally stalker-ish, creepy how he drools over that baby!

And then came Katie, she is SO DEAD-TO-ME now, just for asking whether Ridge killed the guy [2fingers]  In one breath, she says she once loved him and that feeling doesn't go away, and in the next breath, she is accusing him of cold-blooded murder??????  Ridge wasn't that close to the truck, and when he heard the commotion, he turned and looked, in shock and horror, but I don't remember him walking TOWARDS the truck, the way the photo shows [rolleyes]  Anyway, I loved it when he said "all the private stuff, that's no longer your business, that time is over"!!!!!!!!  Not that it stopped her from continuing to badger him until he confessed [sigh]  Now I will be spending the next 23 hours hoping and praying that he tells her that Caroline didn't cheat on him, that she was raped by someone she trusted, and not say who that someone is!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I have to think Pah is right - it seems more & more likely that Katie is trying to put a wedge between he & Caroline so he'll take Brooke out of $Bill's aim.  Ridge was looking all fine today!  IA Searose - the family scenes were adorable - am I the only one who thought what he said to Caroline about 'watching her feed the baby' was sexy?  I guess I'm always in the shallow end.  So if what we saw on our screens really happened the way we thought, how could Ridge possibly be guilty of anything dire?  I guess we never know what they're going to pull but it just didn't seem like Ridge had anything to do with what happened to defrocked Dr Quack.  He had to be at least tipsy aft all the likka he had before & if it's not a Forrester truck how could Ridge be involved?  I guess I'm trying to connect the dots.  Not ez!  But on a lighter note- so good having Ridge back!  I'm giddy!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
ThomASS is really overdoing it!!!!!!!!

IMO.. B&B are trying to convey to us that he has a special connection with Douglas

because he's the father BUT circumstances will develop that will uncover that Ridge's

vasectomy wasn't successful and that Caroline was carrying CaRidge baby when

ThomASS raped her...I'm crossing my fingers!!

Sharon, you are not alone...Ridge is sexy,Sexy,SEXY!!

TheRealGenaL

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
- the family scenes were adorable - am I the only one who thought what he said to Caroline about 'watching her feed the baby' was sexy?  I guess I'm always in the shallow end.

I thought it was sexy too, Sharon...and so intimate. Loved it!! A special touch by TK, no doubt. Too bad the intimacy of that comment and scene had to ONCE AGAIN be interrupted by El Creepo. Ugh! It's infuriating (and also complete unrealistic and horrible writing) that Thomas literally has NO scenes with anyone else besides Ridge and Caroline. His transformation into "baby whisperer" is also not believable in any way. Overkill, thy name is B&B...
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 
If anyone can understand the desperation of losing Ridge's love is Katie...she dealt

with it by siccing  bulldog PIG on him!!!! 

If Ridge told her that he regrettably broke up with Caroline because of

the vasectomy ,even by reversing it,he wasn't sure he could give Caroline a baby

therefore didn't tell her because he wanted to spare her that decision of a life with hi

him, possibly without children or fulfilling her desire to have a child...but what Ridge 

couldn't have anticipated was how devastated Caroline would be with the break up

but UNLIKE you , Katie...she hurt herself by consuming anxiety pills and booze to

ease her unbearable heartache that literally rendered her unconscious which thereby

my son took advantage of the situation and here we are!

So you see Katie, Ridge is between a rock and hard place...Caroline has the baby

she always wanted but conceived under the worst of circumstances! Katie says she

can help and I hope she will!

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegaze
ThomASS is really overdoing it!!!!!!!!

IMO.. B&B are trying to convey to us that he has a special connection with Douglas

because he's the father BUT circumstances will develop that will uncover that Ridge's

vasectomy wasn't successful and that Caroline was carrying CaRidge baby when

ThomASS raped her...I'm crossing my fingers!!

Sharon, you are not alone...Ridge is sexy,Sexy,SEXY!!

Def crossing my fingers!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
WOW!!!!  After Ridge telling her multiple times that he did NOT kill or push the doc, Katie still insists that he did?????????

After Ridge telling her not to talk about the big baby secret, Katie goes running to Caroline, in the name of getting her baby-fix????????

After all the time we have been waiting for Caroline to spill somewhere, somehow, to somebody, the wait is over now that she finally did [sigh]  Loved watching TK play out Ridge's struggle to shut Katie up!  What I really want to do now is just sit back and watch Mr. Kaye take us on another unforgettable ride as Ridge deals with the fallout!  Can't wait [yippee]

So disappointing to have Avant family drama going on at the same time!  I don't think such peripheral, newly arrived characters deserve such an explosive, emotional storyline (which, as Christy pointed out earlier, has all happened offscreen).  And since Myrna wasn't on today, there will be more of the same crap to sit through [rolleyes]  Looks like TIIC want to keep the gang around, yet, don't want us to like Papa Avant, because instead of saying Sasha is my daughter, he said Sasha is my mistake [explode]

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Am I the only one still in shock?! So weird, because I read the spoilers and I knew what would happen, but I still was stunned when it did. Sadly, I actually almost felt a connection between Katie and Ridge as they played each other...those scenes were fantastic, so many  undercurrents, based on history. It almost seemed as if she were concerned about him. Almost. And it almost seemed as if he bought her sudden concern. Yeah, she all but accused him of killing the doc, but then so did Caroline, and that wasn't Ridge's biggest concern at the moment.

But I really think somehow he thought he could trust her - when he told her they used a donor he didn't think she would blab it (or if she did what could anyone really say about it?). And it seemed such a logical deflection that once he told her that, I almost wished they had claimed that from the beginning even though it would have been risky. The ultimate irony is that it Katie used it against Caroline, who he was trying so desperately to protect.

Damn. that twist was a kick in the gut. Caroline is the one who spilled, but it wasn't her fault. Katie manipulated her the way she manipulated Ridge. But whyyyyyy? It would have made sense if she wanted Ridge for herself, but her behavior today made it plain that she doesn't.

I keep thinking about Ridge sitting at his desk, so pensive...that's pretty much how I feel.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I don't understand Katie.  Where has this nasty, out to get Ridge streak, come from?  Just don't get her attitude at all.  Sucks cause even though she hasn't been a fav of mine for a long time, I didn't hate her and I mainly understood where she was coming from, most of the time.  This Katie?  Feels like a stranger and one that I can't stand and won't ever forgive.

Poor Ridge! 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Christy, I did not feel that Katie was concerned at all about Ridge, though Ridge bought her act.  All she wanted was to know.  Alina, all I can think of is the streak is coming from her sister!  She says she wants to "help" Ridge, but it looks like she just wants to be a busybody like her sister, insistent and persistent.  Like a dog with a bone.  I wish Ridge had a chance to tell Caroline about that conversation.  I wish Ridge had told the shrew that they used a donor.  I wish Ridge had told Katie that Caroline was raped, and that he was protecting her by claiming the child.  Sadly, Caroline hasn't accepted that ugly truth yet, because IRL, no woman can be so comfy and chummy with the guy, not so soon, not for decades, if ever [sigh]  It will be interesting to see if either Ridge or Caroline tell the whole truth about how the sex was without consent.  In any case, as quickly, unnecessarily and easily as Katie told pRick that the boozer was Ridge's doctor, as quickly as she had run home to tell $PIG what the doctor told her, I think we can count on her to spill this time to $PIG, to pRicky and to her sister [rolleyes]

More than anything, I want to see Ridge explode on that rapist, therefore, I know TIIC won't grant us that.

Like I said yesterday, Katie is SO-DEAD-TO-ME now!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
I don't understand Katie.  Where has this nasty, out to get Ridge streak, come from?  Just don't get her attitude at all.  Sucks cause even though she hasn't been a fav of mine for a long time, I didn't hate her and I mainly understood where she was coming from, most of the time.  This Katie?  Feels like a stranger and one that I can't stand and won't ever forgive.

Poor Ridge! 

May I just quote your whole post? That's what I've been struggling to write but kept going off on tangents. IMO it's senseless for Katie to be the bandaid ripper-offer. She has no deep connection to Ridge anymore, or to Caroline or Thomas, plus she has her own problems to occupy herself with, so why is she so pathologically obsessed with Ridge's private business all of a sudden?

I know some of us, including me, have had our theories about Katie's motives, but I've yet to really see anything to explain her behavior. She's just looking crazy, and destroying any rooting value she may have ever been able to regain (from me, anyway). I think she deserves better (almost all characters do -- and viewers sure do!) than to be reduced to an SPT. Katie's Mrs. Kravitz routine has just come out of left field.

With Katie's current personal issues and her history with Ridge, I don't understand why some build-up to her actions toward him wasn't developed and incorporated. Cluing viewers first into what was really driving Katie could have truly enhanced the storyline, while its absence makes more for head-scratching than anything. Still, I've been glued to my seat watching Ridge try to fend Katie off, without giving the game away. But she's been inexplicably buzzing like a cloud of mosquitoes around him, just determined to draw blood from wherever on his skin she senses he hasn't protected himself.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Dead-to-me - that's an understatement.  I am appalled at the ease that Katie blabbed it & manipulated both Ridge & Caroline!  I can't fig out her angle either unless it's as Pah said - she wants to torpedo CaRidge quickly so Ridge will get Brooke out of $Bill's life.  But it was warp speed how she got out of Ridge's ofc & straight into Caroline's & within seconds had the whole thing out in the open!  I just kept wanting to slap Katie into next week, as my dear Mother used to say!  Who does that?  She wrecked everything!  I, too, wish Ridge had told that part - that the baby is a product of rape & Thomas doesn't deserve to be his father.  That's the real story.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
obviously this story has to come to an end so...Caroline responds to Katie's "pulling at

straws" more credibly would be she excuses herself for a bathroom break and rushes to

Ridge's office to seek refuge in his arms from this "Mrs. Kravitz" LOL

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
[rofl3]     Bluegaze - you nailed it - Katie is the new Gladys Kravitz!   Abner needs to get her nerve medicine!    [drunk]

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I agree Katie is cray cray....poor Caroline ! What will happen to her & Ridge now. I feel so bad for Ridge too. Thorsten was amazing!!
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
OMG TK is breaking my heart ugh! ❤️ It's so hard I don't wanna see him cry but that is part of acting of course, it's just so hard watching these scenes ugh ...But def Emmy whorty! So I hope he gets an Emmy next year!!!! Because he surly deserve it dammit!!!!
*hands down*

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Poor poor Ridge, it must of been really hard for him to do that today. And Thorsten Kaye was just stunning as always. Love watching him in all those scenes... He gives us his very best work and I am greatful for that .

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
O M G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can bet my life I am not the only one who forgot to breathe today watching the amazing Thorsten Kaye [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing]  Ridge's every single moment, from facing that little hateful, vengeful pRick's spew, to finally uttering the words of painful truth to a dog-with-a-bone Katie, to that glance he exchanged with Caroline as he took the rapist into his office, to that earth-shaking revelation to the rapist!  OH WHAT A PERFORMANCE!!!!!  A father's aching heart, his fears, his willingness to forgive his son's most unforgivable act, and yet, hoping that same son will understand why he did what he did, was so well portrayed, I was watching through tears in my eyes!

Malin, Mr. Kaye has deserved Emmys every single year that he has graced our TV screens.  But no number of politically rewarded trophies can come close to the love, adoration, admiration and appreciation that he has earned from us all!

I hate, absolutely HATE TIIC for not devoting the entire episode to this event.  We did not need to shuffle between Quinn/Deacon and $PIG/Liam.  Oh, BTW, I know what $PIG should give Katie for Mother's Day gift: A muzzle, and a new pair of shoes, since she must have worn out this pair from running back and forth between the offices [sarcasm]

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
Malin, Mr. Kaye has deserved Emmys every single year that he has graced our TV screens.  But no number of politically rewarded trophies can come close to the love, adoration, admiration and appreciation that he has earned from us.

Oh, I TOTALLY agree on that Searose! Amen! He is just the best!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #21 
Was the first scene of Ridge the one where Ridge told pRicky he was sorry to disappoint him, but he wasn't taking paternity leave? Our local station pre-emped programming (because of fatal shootings at two different malls, so awful, and we were just at one of them the other day) and by the time we figured out they were broadcasting it on one of their non-HD channels instead, we missed the first few minutes.

Anyway....I was pissed that the Quinn shit was on today. Ridge/Caroline should have gotten the whole show, given the earth-shaking events in their storyline.

FUCK YOU, KATIE!!!! Who the hell does she think she is to tell Ridge what to do?! Ridge has been living on the brink of disaster for so long, but Katie had no standing to push him over. She is just a bullshitting buttinsky Mrs. Kravitz like Kathy said yesterday! She does not care about him - where the hell did that come from? And I can't believe how nonchalant she was about what Thomas did to Caroline. Why is all her concern about Thomas, somebody who should be absolutely nothing to her no matter what? And yet Ridge's sudden giving in to her felt so honest and organic. I just kinda sat back in my seat in my seat, feeling deflated myself, the way he said "OK" before he said he'd tell Thomas. A whole world of resigned acceptance in that one little word.

Where the hell was a scene of Caroline and Ridge talking after Caroline told Ridge she told Katie?!? How many bombshells have Ridge and Caroline dropped since yesterday, and they didn't even get a chance to discuss the earthquake with each other yet? I mean, couldn't they have given us a break from the Quinn/Liam crap for once?

Anyway....I feel kinda discombulated the way I always do when watching TK spin scenes into gold with just the look in Ridge's eyes and his succint, meaningful words, so I should probably wait to sound more coherent, but I can't wait! TK just played it so perfectly - I loved how quiet and reflective Ridge was, even as he was in so much turmoil, because it threw his pain into such sharp relief. But I thought the show cried out for a scene of Ridge and Caroline together without anybody else there to decompress and comfort each other (if that's possible now). This just has to continue on Monday.

I loved how still Ridge was when he told Thomas that mistakes have consequences. His eyes said it all. That was perfect. Their scene better continue on Monday. The way TK played Ridge as a devastated husband and father today was beyond brilliant.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Christy, the show opened with Katie/Caroline scene, then onto Thomas telling Ridge to take time off for Paternity, and pRick walking in with his shit!  Then they cut to $PIG/Liam, the credits, then Quinn/Deacon, followed by $PIG/Liam again, and then the scene where Ridge tells pRick "sorry to disappoint you.....".

It has been an hour, but I am still pissed about Quiam drama in the middle of this.  I am still pissed that Caroline STILL downplays the fact that she was raped.  [ETA: I am still pissed that Katie had the nerve to curtly ask Ridge to apologize to her for lying.]  I am still pissed that Katie DEMANDED that Thomas has to be told.  WhoTF she is to make that declaration?  I don't trust her to not spill all this to $PIG, to her sister, to her precious nephew, selective pieces, of course!

ITA Christy, they BETTER pick up on Monday exactly where they left off!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Did you guys notice how quickly Caroline told Katie that she wasn't taken advantage of by Thomas? And Katie's reaction to Caroline's assurance...basically rolling her eyes at the thought of Thomas taking advantage of a drunk, distraught woman and saying she figured that?  You could see the little bubble over her head reading "poor delusional Ridge, having to spin that night of passion in his head in order to cope".  Somehow THIS Katie doesn't think Thomas is capable of taking advantage of a woman BUT she actually thinks Ridge, the man she claimed to love at some point, the man she (LMAO) claimed to care about today, was capable of shoving the doctor into an oncoming truck and committing cold blooded murder.  And Katie having the gall to actually act offended that Ridge didn't tell her about Thomas and wanting an apology from Ridge?   WTF, WTF, WTF!!!!  She's spent the last two episode going from meddling, torturing and offering unwanted advice to Ridge and then to Caroline and then to Ridge and then to Caroline...all with this air of superiority.  My goodness, I can't wait til she finds Brooke and her stallion, butt naked and rolling around in her bed.  Karma, karma, karma.

Christy, I too couldn't believe that the writers didn't give Ridge & Caroline at least one scene, by themselves, to discuss what the hell was going on and decide on a course of action.  I think it's clear by Ridge's demeanor when he came in to get Thomas, that Caroline realized he was going to tell Thomas the truth but why wouldn't she be included in that conversation, do you suppose.  I know Ridge would probably choose to tell him alone, to protect her from Thomas' anger and accusations but you'd think Caroline would have insisted to be included.

On top of everything else, I can't take Rick acting like he didn't lie and cheat his way into the CEO chair and wasn't an asshole and tyrant during that time.  So fed up with Bell's crap alternate universe writing.

Now that I've gotten all the annoying, upsetting stuff out of the way; I'll get to the lone bright spot...Thorsten.  Body language, facial expressions, even with just a wink of an eye...says more; makes me feel more than any other actor ever could.   Stellar, stellar work...rising above the nonsense and the WTFs of the storyline and making Ridge's POV the only thing that matters to me or makes any sense.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #24 
WOW!!!

The final Ridge scene literally pulled me to my feet and over to the TV! What a performance by TK! I don't even know how to describe it, because he portrayed the excruciating complexity of Ridge's emotions so very exquisitely. Everything that Ridge uttered to Thomas sounded so sad and so true and so wearily resigned to the inevitable upending of his beautiful new life with Caroline and Douglas. Ridge's self-awareness that he had no choice but to destroy his own happiness was heartbreaking to witness.

Loved how Ridge initially reminded Thomas, before laying it on him, "We're family, Thomas... family forgives." It was like Ridge was planting the idea of mutual forgiveness into Thomas' mind, to be remembered after the bombshell Ridge was about to drop on him.

Very troubling that Caroline wouldn't admit to Katie that Thomas "took advantage" of her. Hello! Caroline, lack of consent to sex = rape. And somehow I don't think the point was to have Caroline subtly demonstrate how customary it is in our Puritan-poisoned society for women to feel (and be made to feel) responsible for being raped. No, Caroline denied that Thomas raped her in order to prop him for storyline purposes. To quote Ridge -- reprehensible. By denying Caroline's victimhood, which we all saw her horrified reaction to, B&B really screwed her and its female viewers.

(ITA that Ridge/Caroline/Thomas should have been given the entire episode for such a devastating denouement! Never have Deacon, Quinn, and Bill seemed more cartoonish and tiresome.)

In conclusion to my ramblings... just bravo, Thorsten!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Thorsten performance    O-U-T-S-T-A-N-D-I-N-G!!!!

That little weasel ,PRICK, always hovering for an opportunity to pounce on Ridge...so

draining for Ridge ... who can blame Ridge to finally give in to Katie's pestering?

Spoilers mention twists...maybe on Monday, Thomas will say...NO! NO!  Douglas can't

be mine because of my womanizing lifestyle , I had a vasectomy!

Thorsten is the best...Better than the REST!!!

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Bahahah that would be awesome!!! Love your thinking!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Did you guys notice how quickly Caroline told Katie that she wasn't taken advantage of by Thomas? 

I think it's clear by Ridge's demeanor when he came in to get Thomas, that Caroline realized he was going to tell Thomas the truth but why wouldn't she be included in that conversation, do you suppose.  I know Ridge would probably choose to tell him alone, to protect her from Thomas' anger and accusations but you'd think Caroline would have insisted to be included.

I don't think Ridge did it to protect her from Thomas' anger.  I think Ridge purposely did not include Caroline in that conversation for two reasons.  For one thing, he has been hurt in the worst way by his worthless son, and there is a lot that needs to be talked about their father-son relationship, his son's many unforgivable actions, and possible mending of that relationship.  Secondly, Ridge realizes as much as we all do, that Caroline is still in denial about the rape, therefore, calling it a "misunderstanding".  She didn't even admit it to her doctor, she tried to defend him to Ridge, and now she contradicted what Ridge said to Katie (and of course Katie believing her instead of Ridge).  If she were in the room, she surely would try to play peacemaker and take the blame for the "misunderstanding", thus giving a free pass to her rapist.  Without her in the room, Ridge can call it what it was, A RAPE!  Everyone will try to paint Ridge as the bad guy, and the garbage that pRicky has been spewing the last few weeks is foretelling of that.  Caroline defending her rapist will only make it worse, and make her rapist look like a poor victim, which is probably what TIIC want to do.  They forget that we, the viewers, have a long memory.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
I don't think Ridge did it to protect her from Thomas' anger.  I think Ridge purposely did not include Caroline in that conversation for two reasons.  For one thing, he has been hurt in the worst way by his worthless son, and there is a lot that needs to be talked about their father-son relationship, his son's many unforgivable actions, and possible mending of that relationship.  Secondly, Ridge realizes as much as we all do, that Caroline is still in denial about the rape, therefore, calling it a "misunderstanding".  She didn't even admit it to her doctor, she tried to defend him to Ridge, and now she contradicted what Ridge said to Katie (and of course Katie believing her instead of Ridge).  If she were in the room, she surely would try to play peacemaker and take the blame for the "misunderstanding", thus giving a free pass to her rapist.  Without her in the room, Ridge can call it what it was, A RAPE!  Everyone will try to paint Ridge as the bad guy, and the garbage that pRicky has been spewing the last few weeks is foretelling of that.  Caroline defending her rapist will only make it worse, and make her rapist look like a poor victim, which is probably what TIIC want to do.  They forget that we, the viewers, have a long memory.

You are absolutely right, Searose!  :-(

I'm so upset that the only one calling it what it was, is Ridge.  Everyone else is just whitewashing and sugar coating Thomas' actions...including his victim.  Repulsive.  I think its pretty clear who the writers intend to paint as the bad guy when more and more people eventually find out. 

Sick, twisted, insulting!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
First off, kudos to Thorsten for another spell-binding, magnificently nuanced performance!  Yes yes & yes - I was on the edge of my chair - trying to help Ridge get the words out & trying to breathe for Caroline but I almost think Katie took my breath away the most! 
I'm reeling from her gall - she goes from one to the other wreaking havoc along the way & destroying lives & then has the nerve to waltz up to Ridge demanding an apology from him for lying to her when absolutely NONE of this was any of her damn business on any level!!!  I can't understand why Ridge didn't go ballistic & throw her meddling conniving ass out of his office by her hair!!!  He would've been within his rights to shoot her IMO!  I am speechless!  Then I couldn't believe it when Ridge says that TTT took advantage of an incapacitated Caroline & Caroline denies it totally!!  WTF WTF WTF - to quote Alina!  And I think I'll say ditto to your entire post, Alina.
But it was a helluva show & I'm buckled up for the rest of the ride!   [jawdrop]

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Christy, the show opened with Katie/Caroline scene, then onto Thomas telling Ridge to take time off for Paternity, and pRick walking in with his shit!

Thanks, searose. It is so rare when they show two Ridge scenes before the title, but I got the one I missed and added it. Ridge was in the preview for Monday, whew!

Quote:
Did you guys notice how quickly Caroline told Katie that she wasn't taken advantage of by Thomas? And Katie's reaction to Caroline's assurance...basically rolling her eyes at the thought of Thomas taking advantage of a drunk, distraught woman and saying she figured that?  You could see the little bubble over her head reading "poor delusional Ridge, having to spin that night of passion in his head in order to cope".  Somehow THIS Katie doesn't think Thomas is capable of taking advantage of a woman BUT she actually thinks Ridge, the man she claimed to love at some point, the man she (LMAO) claimed to care about today, was capable of shoving the doctor into an oncoming truck and committing cold blooded murder.  And Katie having the gall to actually act offended that Ridge didn't tell her about Thomas and wanting an apology from Ridge?   WTF, WTF, WTF!!!! 

That is so true and such a good point about Katie and Caroline today, Alina. It is nothing but sheer expedient plot driven crap that Katie could automatically discount the truth about Thomas. And Katie thinking she's entitled to an apology from Ridge is like the icing on this shit cake.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #31 
Re Katie/Thomas -- after her romance with Ridge, who treated her with love and respect, and as his intellectual equal, ended, to whom did Katie turn? BILL -- the same smug louse who'd cheated on her with her sister! Bill's scarcely concealed contempt for everyone, including Katie, is never far from the surface. Katie must not think she deserves anything better, since she did willingly go back for more. I guess I could see her subconsciously wanting Ridge to be a heel, too, to justify her terrible regression to Bill.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
This was a WTF Friday, for sure!
I'm SO pissed that Caroline was so quick to deny that TooTall 'took advantage of her'.....it's called rape!!  I agree, Alina......''sick, twisted, AND insulting!''

pRicky had better be careful about tossing the karma word around.....he's so concerned about 'poor Caroline' and how Ridge is going to hurt her.  Where was that concern when he was flaunting his affair with FC's 'lead model' while he was still married to Caroline?!?!?!  What a colossal ass!  Karma's got his name written in capital letters!

Katie is on my last nerve.  WTF does she think she is, admonishing Ridge the way she has?!?  Because we all know what a pillar of society that Katie is, insinuating herself into a doctor (I use that term loosely!) - patient confidentiality.  And, she's surely a wonderful judge of character, having gone back to the lounge lizard who's treated her like crap......twice!  [rolleyes]

And then there's Ridge.......
This was one of those edge-of-my-seat days for me!  From that wink to Caroline as he was bringing Thomas into his office for the 'talk', to the cool composure that he showed while having that talk, TK had me spellbound! 
Kathy nailed it for me when she described the weary resignation in TK's voice when Ridge was talking to Thomas.  You could see it in his eyes too. 
So glad to know that this will continue on Monday!  (Hopefully without Quiam OR the Avants!)

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Hopefully this story will be wrapped up nicely, If the father of this baby turn out to be Ridge`s then it is great.  Otherwise they need to take the option of co-parenting into consideration, because it would be sad if this turn into another Sonny/Carly/AJ mess.   
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
The only way this nightmare will end , IMO, is if Caroline steps up and finally tells

Thomass that he raped her ...that way he will hear who he is and that he does not

deserve the privilege of raising  Douglas!

Nothing like someone kidnapping your newborn son to put everything into

perspective!!!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
 I just saw the video with Mr.Bell receiving the 'Emmy' for best writing team and he

said that their writing reflects what happens in the  world today... so this current 

story about Caroline not coming forward about the rape and calling it what it was is

because Thomas is family...Ridge's son.. and sadly statistics show that these

reprehensible acts are carried out by people that the victim trusts and so don't

associate as a crime but a "MISUNDERSTANDING"... I just hope that Mr.Bell makes it

right...and this twist... ThomASS kidnapping Douglas.. will be the wake up call for

Caroline and bring her down to earth from 'la- la  land ' and see ThomASS for who he is

a rapist and now a kidnapper!!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #36 
Ridge telling Thomas that he was the father was perfect. The way TK said those lines was breathtaking. It felt exactly right because to me fatherhood is not conveyed by the results on non-consensual sex. I've never bought Thomas's goo-goo eyes over Douglas, that just rings so false to me, but Thomas's immediate knee jerk possessive reaction, instead of expressing the slightest remorse for what he did to Caroline, did ring true where he's concerned.

Like Ridge said on Friday, actions have consequences. Ridge is the father, no matter what. He has to be.

Katie was beyond insufferable to Caroline. Caroline telling her that this was up to her and Ridge was exactly right, too (I just wish I could believe her misplaced guilt wouldn't cause her to side with Thomas eventually!). Now even thought I'm sure it's not, it looks as if Katie's motive is because she has a thing for Thomas! Hey, maybe she should trade $Pig in!

Gonna go watch the Ridge scenes again. TK killed it. The Ridge/Thomas scenes were so riveting, so full of great TK lines that like I said just felt so right, it's one of those shows that will take a while to absorb.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Gosh, what a whip-lasher of an episode again!  All the Ridge/Thomas scenes were breaking my heart for Ridge.  All the Caroline/Katie scenes were making my blood boil.  Katie's shamelessness knows no bounds.  How she has been able to manage going without alcohol this entire time is a mystery to me [rolleyes]  She defends Thomass's rights even when Caroline repeatedly reminds her that the decision was Ridge's and hers, and that Katie had no business getting involved in it?  Katie claims it was a "simple conversation" with the doc.  REALLY?  There was nothing simple or normal about the way she pried into Ridge's business, then she badgered Ridge, then she tricked Caroline into revealing further, and now she acts as if she is the one authorized to make the decision for everyone involved and has the right to demand that the truth has to be told?  And using the words "I am not judging" in that same breath?  She may not be judging Caroline for that night with Thomas, but she is certainly judging Ridge and Caroline's extremely personal decisions!!!!!! [wtf]  [explode]

And then there was Ridge today!  A conversation that no father should ever need to have with his son, "A NIGHT THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAPPENED!  THE NIGHT YOU BETRAYED ME!"  The pain in Ridge's eyes was unbearable, and Thorsten Kaye was making me feel every ounce of it [bowing][clap]

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
ITA with your whole post Christy (as usual, LOL).  I don't know if KKL has something going on outside of B&B right now and is unavailable , but this entire s/l would have rang more true and "normal" with Brooke's personality and her character.  There has to be some motive for Katie doing this, and I hope they will not drop the ball on why [smile]

So very true about fatherhood.  It takes more than a DNA to be a parent.  Ridge laid out all the reasons why Douglas is his and if Thomas had a tiniest bit of conscience, he would be remorseful, not angry.  I was almost afraid he was going to punch his father again.  I guess I should be grateful for little favors [sarcasm] 

How annoying was SLiWy drama today?  I can't believe no one is reminding Liam that he packed up his stuff and resigned from FC without explanation, and that he refused to say why he broke off his engagement to Steffy when he came back from Australia.  Just annoying to watch him and Why-att fight over one more girl [rolleyes]

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
Uh - ditto to your post Christy & Searose.  Just thinking of the irony of Katie giving advice & scolding R&C for not being honest - seems to me she's the one who was just hiding all her likkas in clever little places.  Not to mention going off the rails with her delusions of Brooke & $Bill tormenting her.  She's absolutely cray-cray - and her of all people blowing this all up!!!  WHIPLASH??!!  I'm not sure that even covers what she's doing!  As for Ridge - TK at his very best today - stellar & sublime - setting TTT straight.  Loved his quiet restraint but steely determination to let no one take his son away.  I still am waiting for someone - anyone - to call TTT out for what he did by it's real name.  He needs to take responsibility for the rape & I am not satisfied til I hear that.  It was at date-rape or at the least taking advantage of someone impaired & quoting James Stewart/Mac from Philadelphia Story saying to Katharine Hepburn's character, Tracy, there are rules about that kind of thing.  I hate to keep climbing on my soapbox but B&B can never truly claim they are progressive & forward thinking with their cutting edge storylines unless they call this by it's right name.  It wasn't pretty. 
This show is both fascinating & frustrating daily!  But TK delivered another flawless spot on performance today!  Kudos!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
It was at date-rape or at the least taking advantage of someone impaired & quoting James Stewart/Mac from Philadelphia Story saying to Katharine Hepburn's character there are rules about that kind of thing. 

Sharon, I can't believe you quoted that line (actually, I should, since we like so many of the same old movies/TV shows!). Every time TCM shows The Philadelphia Story and we're home and awake, my hubby and I watch it, and that quote is his favorite line/scene. So I'm ashamed I didn't think of it, myself but I'm glad you did, because it is such an apt comparison.

B&B still seems to be trying to have it both ways with Thomas -- between his ridiculously overdone (but supposed to be poignant) baby slobbering and Caroline's continuing inability to recognize Thomas' rape of her for what it was, not to mention Katie's utterly absurd, completely out-of-left-field advocating for Thomas, Ridge is the only voice of reality and reason, the only one putting Douglas' welfare first and foremost.

It's a terrible situation because ordinarily I do think a child shouldn't be deceived about his parentage. But when it's a matter of being a product of rape, all bets are off. With that act, Thomas forfeited any right to fatherhood, AFAIC. Since I've read horror stories of rapists being granted visitation rights to the children they forced on their victims, that's all the more reason for Ridge to have claimed fatherhood of Douglas.

As usual I'm rambling so let me just finish with applause for today's stellar performances by everyone in these scenes (even when their characters pissed me off) -- and especially TK. Ridge's complex, conflicted emotions just reach through the screen and grab you by the throat without him barely having to speak a word.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #41 
Thorsten, Lindsey and everyone were awesome today! Ridge was so great with Thomas, I hope he tells off Katie next lol.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Thomas is infuriating... telling Ridge that Douglas is Ridge's grandson...Thomas is

an insufferable ASS!... Ridge has been tormented with that reality for months!

This is Toomy having the talk with Douglas when he gets to that curious age "dad

why is mom,my step grandmother too?"...and Toomy will tell him ALL about his

conception.

"well Dougie... I impregnated your mother while her vision was blurred and

her faculties were compromised due to a cocktail of pills and booze she consumed

to numb the pain of the devastation she felt because she thought she had lost the 

love of your grandfather forever ...so son, instead of giving her a shoulder to cry on

and console her...I  not only dismissed her feelings and betrayed my father but also

took advantage of her vulnerable and non consenting  state and here you

are". I'm sure that will be a son and a father bonding moment?

Thomas's joyride hopefully will bring him to his senses and he will know that Ridge

is right and the best place for Douglas is with Caroline and Ridge!

Thorsten was masterful... brilliant!!!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Kathy it just happens to be my favorite line in that wonderful movie, too!  I saw it on TCM not long ago & thought it was perfect for this situation - James Stewart was very simple but eloquent & those are the rules society lives by - or should.  B&B iic need to watch that movie!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Again, one of those episodes in one of those storylines, where what a TK character is going through stays with you for the next 23 1/2 hours, if not actively, then at least in the back of your mind, no matter what you are doing.  There is not much I can say about TK's performances that hasn't been said hundreds of time already, just phenomena perfection, no histrionics, no screaming, no fake tears, just gut wrenching heartache coming through the voice and the eyes [bowing] [bowing] !  I wonder if TK had anything to do with Ridge being allowed to speak the awful truth about that night, because heaven knows TIIC have been trying to turn the RAPE into a "misunderstanding"!  I actually applauded when Ridge said "He won't hate you for what you did to his mother.  You need me to say?"  What self-restraint on Ridge's part, even when he said the words "Thomas, I can barely look at you now"!  No father should ever have to go through this!  And we all know, it is nowhere near over [sigh]

For what it is worth, I think PF is doing a pretty good job, not his fault that the character is a creep.

I am so, SO sick of Katie, when Caroline said "I thought you left", I think the whole building heard me say "me too!!!!!!!" [rolleyes]  I am surprised she could pull herself away from this fine mess she has created long enough to make a phone call [sarcasm]  She made every argument on Thomas's behalf today, I hope to soon find out why.  Self-appointed judge and jury in a case that she dug up! 

Not looking forward to a truck load of pain coming Ridge's way.  Only looking forward to the mesmerizing magic of Mr. Kaye's performances............

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #45 
Searose I wondered the same thing - finally Ridge was allowed to at least say the words, although it was tempered & not rape, which it really was.  But at least we got him putting the ugly deed in it's proper prospective.  TTT is lucky Ridge didn't have him arrested - he should count his blessings, IMO.  Loved Ridge saying, "you need me to say it" - and "I can hardly stand to look at you now" - made. my. day!!  Yes Mr. Kaye is magic!  
Katie - still no words for her - no clue what her motive is now.  She just seems to want to blow up CaRidge's world for kicks.  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #46 
There is not much I can say about TK's performances that hasn't been said hundreds of time already, just phenomena perfection!

There is not much I can say about TK's performances that hasn't been said hundreds of time already, just phenomena perfection!

searose..I just had too!!! PERFECTION is Thorsten's middle name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #47 
wish we'd gotten all of this bonus scene today - Caroline really poured out her heart & doesn't leave out the sordid details.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 
My understanding about Caroline's validation is that Katie said that Thomas deserves to know and Caroline said to her" you don't know

anything about the night of his conception" so that means she stands by her and Ridge's decision not to tell the man who impregnated

her when she was.. as she put it.. " out of it" SO... I hope she will go with that resolve and get her baby back from ThomASS and tell 

him "until the moment you stole my baby I was conflicted about telling you that you are his father...BUT now...after kidnapping him.. I

know that NEVER telling you was the BEST course of action and for the record YOU RAPED ME!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #49 
wish we'd gotten all of this bonus scene today - Caroline really poured out her heart & doesn't leave out the sordid details.
[/QUOTE

Thanks for posting this Sharon.  It bothers me that Caroline STILL calls it a mistake, and says Thomas had no idea, blah blah.  She STILL doesn't see how wrong it was for him to do what he did. 

Not that it redeems Katie in my eyes, but I was surprised to hear her say that Thomas should have known better.  If only she had taken Ridge's word for what it was and left things alone!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #50 
Today's show was epic. A few disjointed thoughts:

"Oh, Thomas. I can barely look at you now." If I had to choose just one quote from today's show it would be that one. (But I'm sure I'll mention a few more!)

But the look on Ridge's face when he said that to Thomas and turned away! That said it all. . Everytime he looks at his son he sees the man who raped the woman he loves and got her pregnant.  But Ridge has no choice but to look at Thomas. He's stuck with him, because to disown him might expose Douglas to what Ridge is trying to protect him from in the first place. Ridge wants to believe that Thomas will do the right thing, yet Thomas has never expressed remorse for what he did to Caroline. Instead, he tries to justify it by putting part of the blame on her.

Searose, when Ridge said "He won't hate you for what you did to his mother...You need me to say it?" I applauded too, and Sharon, that would be my second choice. And why does Douglas act like it would be so hard to keep the secret about Douglas - it's not like he had any trouble keeping the secret about him and Caroline from Ridge. It never even occurred to him that Caroline would tell Ridge.

Thomas talks about the "connection" he felt with Douglas, even before he was born. Puh-leeeze. When Thomas took Douglas and ran off with him it was like he was raping Caroline all over again. He claimed Ridge kept Douglas from him out of revenge, but what does he call taking the kid from Caroline?

Katie's smug superiority never annoyed me more than it did today - why does she keep saying that Thomas deserves to know that he's Douglas's bio father? Where the hell does "deserves" come into it? He had sex with an unconscious woman, how does that make him deserving of anything except prison? Oh, in the bonus scene Katie says Thomas should have known better. Ya think?

"If you were anybody else you wouldn't be here right now....but you're not just anybody else, are you? You're my son. My son and my wife." I was so glad Ridge ripped Thomas a new one when Thomas actually had the gall to point out that Ridge and Caroline weren't married then. That just emphasises yet again what a predator Thomas was. And he keeps harping on words like son and wife but I don't think he knows what they mean.

"You were wrong. What you did was wrong. And there's a price to pay." Douglas can't ever admit that what he did, why? Look at the way he treated Douglas's mother. Why would he treat Douglas any differently?

I was mesmerized by what TK did with Ridge - Laura, ITA! He was so brilliant that it's hard to even find the words to describe his performance. There kind of just aren't any that really do him justice when he portrays so many different emotions simultaneously and they all provide the foundation for this story and make it make sense, so I'll just say again - epic.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.