Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #101 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katbert
Caroline, whom I once loved with Ridge, is skating very close to "dead-to-me" with her feeling so bad about asking Thomas not to demand to be the "father" of the child he forced on her.  Sure, she loves Douglas and wouldn't wish him not to be; but she wanted a child with her husband, the man she loved, not from a drunken encounter she doesn't even remember [I'm being generous here, not calling it "rape" which in my heart is what I believe it was.  And Thomas' account of the "beautiful" and "amazing" "making love" (with an unconscious woman) is truly disturbing].  We're supposed to feel such compassion for poor, sad Thomas - crying crocodile tears and giving HisSon and Caroline these soulful, longing looks - as apparently Caroline does with her misplaced guilt.  But what about Ridge's pain, when he sees Caroline and Thomas cooing over Douglas, with the image burned in his brain of his wife and his son, in bed together, making the baby he couldn't give her?  All I can think of is Zach, when Kendall told him she slept with Aidan and he described his feeling as "Like a knife in my throat, over and over again".  I believe Ridge is feeling that knife in his throat, and will continue to, as long as Caroline encourages Thomas to insinuate himself into her life with Ridge and Douglas.  Caroline will be the ultimate loser here, as she throws away love and happiness with both hands.  And there will be so much hurt heaped upon Ridge.  But TK will weave his magic and carry us along with him through Ridge's painful journey and spin gold out of dreck as always. It's gonna hurt to watch, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. 

OMG, Katbert, these very thoughts keep going through my mind these past two days, including that "knife in my throat"!  What Zach endured due to Kaidan AND RenDULL flaunting, Ridge has to endure two-fold because this is his own son, of all the three legged creatures in the world, and as you pointed out, that it resulted in a child that he could not give to the woman he loved!

If and when Caroline throws away Ridge's love, let someone non-Logan, who is really mature and worthy, come into Ridge's life!  Someone like Ashley Abbot, who runs away from both Dr. Neville (OMG, MEK deserves praise for his work) and Dr. Stich, LOL.

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #102 
That "look" looked more like Caroline was worried ThomASS couldn't keep the secret. Well I hope lol

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #103 
The 'look' of ThomASS ... this guy needs to share the padded cell that Quinn is going

to...there, is where he will get the help he needs!

Boo,hoo, Tommy, is disappointed he wasn't told sooner.. well ,ThomASS, when she

tried telling you, you were at a BOOTY CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Caroline may have forgotten

BUT we haven't!!!!

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #104 
GLAD TO SEE THORSTEN KAYE/RIDGE back tomorrow. It has been to long........

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #105 
GLAD TO SEE THORSTEN KAYE/RIDGE back tomorrow. It has been to long........

sonyaanita ABSOLUTELEY! just a little over 4 hours to go till RIDGENESS...his

charm and inexplicable magnetism is mind blowing!!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #106 
OMG!!!!!!!  WHAT A SHOW TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Did most of you scream with me in unison when yet another TK character had to hear the words "MYSON"????????  I guess.

Did most of you squeal like a schoolgirl when Ridge said "Shanghai"???????? I think so.

Did most of you day-dream Justin being fired from SP, only to be hired to fly the rapist over the North Pacific Ocean in a helicopter, without a seatbelt???????  May be.

Did most of you sit on the edge of chair, forgetting to breathe for a moment when Ridge asked if the rapist wanted to have that conversation???????  Did most of you start bowling like a baby the moment Ridge started with "I love you, son"???????  Well, I know I can't be alone in that, and I say TK killed me again!  I can't even begin to type the words to describe TK's performance today, his voice, his eyes, his face, his body language.  All I can say is these are the kind of TK scenes I live for, these are the kind of scenes that makes it worth all the aggravation of watching an otherwise crappy show, these are the kind of scenes that makes Thorsten Kaye THE KING THAT RULES MY TV!!!!!!!!!! [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing]

There is a pit in my stomach that says Caroline won't let it happen, but if the rapist had one bit of self-respect left, he would listen to his father!!!!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #107 
Thorsten Kaye THE KING THAT RULES MY TV!!!!!!!!!! [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing]

My exact sentiment and searose you're fantasticO !!! Yes, yes, yes, yes  and yes to

all your pertinent questions...that tootall has no self respect...asking Ridge for

some uninterrupted time with Douglas...he has no conscience... he doesn't care

how painful that is to Ridge?

Thomas is using sweet Douglas to stick it to Ridge...he has no shame, forget

respect...no respect for his father...bringing up that encounter which produced

Douglas...the betrayal is there regardless!

Ridge will change his mind because cry baby Tootall will run to Caroline and she will

convince Ridge that sending him away is not a good option and the 'MYSON'

confrontations will continue UNTIL Ridge has a breakthrough and will be declared the

biological father of Douglas and that way TooTall will stop prancing around like a

peacock!

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #108 
Yes, Searose.....  I think my neighbors probably could heard the whoop that came out of me when Ridge said "Shanghai"!  I wasn't surprised that he was exiling him, but thought it would just be another trip to Paris. IF he ACTUALLY LEAVES AT ALL, I hope it's for more than the measly 2 days he stayed in Europe! We've had to wait through so many no-TK
days this year....I'm ready for some nice long periods without the leech!
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #109 
[CjZ1QP0WgAAGxWp]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #110 
Yay, TK has come out of hiding lol

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #111 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose

Did most of you scream with me in unison when yet another TK character had to hear the words "MYSON"????????  I guess.

Did most of you squeal like a schoolgirl when Ridge said "Shanghai"???????? I think so.

Did most of you day-dream Justin being fired from SP, only to be hired to fly the rapist over the North Pacific Ocean in a helicopter, without a seatbelt???????  May be.

Did most of you sit on the edge of chair, forgetting to breathe for a moment when Ridge asked if the rapist wanted to have that conversation???????  Did most of you start bowling like a baby the moment Ridge started with "I love you, son"???????  Well, I know I can't be alone in that, and I say TK killed me again!  I can't even begin to type the words to describe TK's performance today, his voice, his eyes, his face, his body language.  All I can say is these are the kind of TK scenes I live for, these are the kind of scenes that makes it worth all the aggravation of watching an otherwise crappy show, these are the kind of scenes that makes Thorsten Kaye THE KING THAT RULES MY TV!!!!!!!!!! [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing]

There is a pit in my stomach that says Caroline won't let it happen, but if the rapist had one bit of self-respect left, he would listen to his father!!!!

A thousand times yes, searose! I was glad I wasn't swallowing any liquid when Ridge said "Shanghai" because the TV would have gotten sprayed. It wasn't funny, though, anything but, but just his subtly caustic tone that made me laugh in spite of myself. 

I WANT THEM TO HAVE THAT CONVERSATION!!!! They have to have it. But what good would it do if they did, really? Thomas would still play dumb. Caroline would still claim what he did was a mistake. Nothing would change. Caroline would still have been raped. Thomas would still be Ridge's son who raped his wife and got her pregnant, and Douglas would still be the baby that Thomas was the bio father of who Ridge wanted to protect from finding out his father raped his mother. But I want them to have it anyway because I want to see TK play it. I'm greedy that way.

I need to watch today's show again.

Katbert

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #112 
Quote:
Yes!

Did most of you sit on the edge of chair, forgetting to breathe for a moment when Ridge asked if the rapist wanted to have that conversation??????? 
Yes indeed!  And I saw that worm squirm and deflect that conversation.  Because what could he say except that I took advantage of the woman you loved when she was heartbroken and vulnerable - and drunk - and knocked her up.  I hear that Thomas should knock Ridge on his ass.  All I can think is that Thomas is lucky he is still walking around upright/among the living.  I think in Ridge's place I would have had to beat him senseless, and I'm not a violent person.
Did most of you start bowling like a baby the moment Ridge started with "I love you, son"???????  Well, I know I can't be alone in that, and I say TK killed me again!  I can't even begin to type the words to describe TK's performance today, his voice, his eyes, his face, his body language.  All I can say is these are the kind of TK scenes I live for, these are the kind of scenes that makes it worth all the aggravation of watching an otherwise crappy show, these are the kind of scenes that makes Thorsten Kaye THE KING THAT RULES MY TV!!!!!!!!!! [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing] [bowing]
The solo reason I tuned into this
crap; the solo reason I continue to watch.  I love TK too much to miss seeing him, even on B&B dreck.
Th
ere is a pit in my stomach that says Caroline won't let it happen, but if the rapist had one bit of self-respect left, he would listen to his father!!!!

Caroline's "I love you so much Thomas" made me want to ralph.  She's skating very close to Dead-to-Me.  If she wants Thomas, I say go for it and good luck.  My only sadness is that Ridge will lose Douglas, whom I know he truly loves, and who would be better off with Ridge and Caroline, than if she turns into some silly  giggly woman with  her sock-less baby-daddy: two truly puke-worthy creatures.

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #113 
thanks Malin...for tracking down our KING! Thorsten's smiling eyes are are

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #114 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegaze
thanks Malin...for tracking down our KING! Thorsten's smiling eyes are are

INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His eyes are beautiful and full of emotions! ❤️

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #115 
Sharon, YOU are giving US a treat on your birthday!  Hope you are enjoying your day, and heck, it's a holiday weekend, so why not continue celebrating?  Thank you for posting the pic.  Oh so beautiful, these three guys always look like they have such a good friendship and good times when they are in the studio, don't they?  Wish CJLB and TK would somehow get to work together, even if for a short crossover stint.

ITA with everyone about yesterday's show.  Especially Christy's "But I want them to have it anyway because I want to see TK play it. I'm greedy that way."  Yes, I too want them to have THAT CONVERSATION!  For MY sake, just so I can watch TK's Ridge tear into the rapist with the facts, just the facts and all that is boiling inside Ridge [wink]  Knowing this show, nothing will change, because the rapist will deny it/make excuses, and Caroline, who has been wearing blindfolds since that morning after, has already contradicted Ridge's statement to an extreme busybody Katie!

Katbert, I noticed that little "squirm" and the quick "deflect" also.  Made me feel very sad for Ridge in that moment.

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #116 

Caroline did over do it with the gratitude and "love you so much" talk with ThomASS but IMO she is just so grateful that she has a

baby to raise together with the love of her life...her wonderful husband Ridge! She has focused on raising her son with Ridge and if

thomASS is the very involved big brother ...so be it...she sees him as her stepson and bio dad of Douglas...that is it...CaRIDGE is

STRONG and will survive this and anything that is thrown their way!

Ridge and Caroline knew going forward that their families would be a constant threat to their union but never did they or us

imagine that Thomas would be the first attempt and very despicable one at that...and sadly not last attempt to sink the love

boat CaRIDGE!!! They will prevail and make love to our hearts desire!   SOON PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #117 
thanks Sharon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #118 
DAYUM!!!!!!  Why in the world could we not get half hour of Ridge drawing with his right hand while holding Baby Douglas in his left arm?????????????  If THAT wasn't a thud-worthy moment of the day [thud]  [thud]  [thud]  [thud]  [thud]

Loved every moment of Ridge/Thomas stuff.  Now starting countdown to see how soon he comes back this time [sigh]
Very disappointed, no, actually, very sad that Caroline seemed so disappointed. 

But for once, OBA stood up to pRick.  Don't know how long that will last, but enjoyed it for the moment.  I just wish the show did not waste so much time on the dumb and dumber sisters who allowed Sasha to go to the ladies room by herself, knowing there is at least one pregnant female who works there, while they hung around chattering backstage [rolleyes]

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #119 
Oh yes oh yes oh yes - Searose - [thud]thank you  Thorsten for my awesome birthday gift today!!!  Baby Whisperer drawing while doing the baby sway - doesn't get much better!  Oh my, didn't he look fine?!  I'm so glad the rapist is going to Shanghai but he's lucky it's not jail - where he belongs.  Love that cutie pie baby - smiling at everybody - he seems very content in Daddy Ridge's strong arms.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #120 
Ridge sent Thomas to Paris and he returned almost immediately. Now Ridge is sending him to Shanghai and I'm sure he won't stay there any longer than he did in Paris! Can Ridge send him to Siberia next time, as Kathy suggested the other day ? But I don't think Ridge should keep having to have these conversations with Thomas. I can't believe Thomas still hasn't gotten a clue. He knows Ridge is uncomfortable with him and even though Ridge hasn't come right out and flatly called him a rapist, Ridge has spoken in words laden with enough meaning that even the most brain dead nincompoop should have been able to read between the lines. What do you do with a son you love because he's your son but who you can't stand to look at because he violated the woman you love?

This simply is an unsolvable quandary and when the show went this route they consigned Ridge to a living hell. Thomas might complain about being separated from his bio son; but Ridge having to be in the presence of his bio son is immeasurably worse. And Thomas could always quit his job and stay if he really wanted to; he's not being forced to go against his will, you know?

I couldn't help but wonder though what happened to Katie? What was the point of her finding out the truth about Thomas, reproving Caroline and Ridge as if they didn't have enough problems, and then retiring to play doting mom to her own kid?

Eric pissed me off today, ironically, because I guess I was supposed to get the warm fuzzies at the way he praised Ridge but instead it made me uneasy because it felt like he was just setting Ridge up for the kill. Psst, Eric, you have a grandson who's a rapist!

As for the Sasha crap, one word. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #121 
Not a good sign that Caroline didn't immediately second Ridge's decision to send Thomas to Shanghai (or as I would now prefer, Pyongyang). I always knew that Caroline's promise to let Thomas be part of Douglas' life, even though it was a promise made under duress to a kidnapper, wasn't only made under duress. Ridge is the only one who hasn't lost focus on what the repercussions would be on Douglas' and Thomas' futures if they were to be revealed as the son of a rapist, and that rapist. And it looks like he's going to continue to be the only one until the secret hits a Spencer scandal rag headline and it's out of his hands. Ridge knows it too and it's heartbreaking to watch. His bonding today with the baby seemed like he was trying to imprint himself on Douglas as strongly as he could in preparation for a future he can't really control.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #122 
Ridge holding Douglas and sketching...what a SIGHT!!!

... and when he took Douglas from ThomASS and handed him his marching papers...

it was so RIGHT!!!!!

I thought ThomASS the terrible was living at the guesthouse...what was he doing

at the mansion to pack his things...toooooooooooo close for comfort...

IT HAD TO BE DONE!! Ridge, I couldn't agree with you more! 

GOOD RIDDANCE CREEPO!!!

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #123 
Thorsten Kaye and that adorable baby, the cutest scenes there is....we need more of those!!!! Great job!!!
Happy long weekend to all
Sonya

zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #124 
Could someone please post next week's preview promo - it's called "Daddy Issues" -
and Ridge and Thomas are FACING OFF!  Great pics of TK!  Thanks!!
theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #125 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin88
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF7OOmsEdcg/ Does it work? Oh and here's the cutest pic EVER ❤️

Adorable! You might want to move this to the spoiler thread, not everyone wants to know what's coming up (unlike me, lol). 

Thanks Mon
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #126 
Here's a link to my post with the videos (wow!) in the spoilers forum:

http://forum.thorstenkaye.com/post/week-of-may-30-promo-video-8126210?pid=1292408722

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherDi

Adorable! You might want to move this to the spoiler thread, not everyone wants to know what's coming up (unlike me, lol). 

Yeah I would if I knew how lol. It's my very first time I upload link to a promo! Ugh

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #128 
[2hd5e8o]Cutie!!! and Douglas too!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #129 
Daddy Ridge "FATHER KNOWS BEST" [thud]  [thud]  [thud]  [thud]

Baby Douglas holding Daddy Ridge's finger, like in the picture Malin posted [thud]  [thud]  [thud]  [thud]

Ridge the man, the husband, the father, talking about father/son relationship..... I could have listened to him all day!

Ridge the man, the husband, the father, looking out the window...... Those eyes........ like there was a violent yet silent storm he was trying to keep from escaping out of them........   I wish I had some contraption that would help me hear his thoughts word per word [sigh] 

For the sake of my health, I am going to refrain from making any remarks about Caroline's reaction to Ridge's words [sigh]

Same goes about the rapist!  But if I hear pRick OR the rapist saying Ridge is being "controlling", I will scream [explode]

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #130 
Lovely Ridge and Caroline moments today...

He's the man who gave me life, but he didn't give me his life. That was another guy, and I got to see the world through his eyes. And that's what I want for Douglas, I want him to see the world through mine.

And then. in my head the rest of the show consisted of nothing but Ridge cooing to, holding, and smiling at Douglas. Oh, and making the random classic sitcom reference to thrill my MeTV/AntennaTV/GetTV loving heart. Was there anything else on today, anyway? I mean, really? No, I didn't think so. Not in my world!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #131 
As Ridge tried to explain to Caroline the similarity he sees between himself and Douglas, and how Ridge himself considered the biological father who didn't raise him as (both sensitively and realistically) the man who gave him life but not his life, my heart sank -- because it shouldn't have been necessary for Ridge to make that comparison to Caroline. And Caroline's response made my heart sink even more. If she considers Ridge's claim of fatherhood to Douglas to be "dishonest," if she can't/won't/doesn't agree with Ridge that he is Douglas' father in every way that counts, then her marriage to Ridge won't survive. It's that simple.

For Thomas of all people to then accuse Ridge behind his back of being controlling of Caroline really takes the cake. (Tell us again, Thomas -- how did Caroline get pregnant?) Sure, Caroline defended Ridge, but Thomas got to her -- he got to her (and keeps getting to her) more than Ridge did. Not a good sign.

Ridge has lived the life he envisions for Douglas. A life where nurture takes precedence over nature, so to speak. While Thomas's (suddenly and laughably) finely attuned senses were able to identify his relationship to Douglas as being more than fraternal (once Douglas drew breath... gee, the sonogram didn't convince you, Thomas?), and to Thomas that closer-than-brothers blood relationship is more important. Not how he plans to nurture Douglas, how he plans to protect him from the stigma Douglas will face -- unless, of course, more secrets are kept by everyone.

But Ridge also has a blood relationship to Douglas. He is (as far as we know now, anyway) Douglas' grandfather. Ridge's relationship to Eric was strictly one of nurture, but his relationship to Douglas is one of both nature and nurture, and he is married to Douglas' mother. That's why this all hinges on Caroline, and why every sign of weakness she shows, every indication she gives that she is not on the same page as Ridge, every cozy intimate scene she shares with Thomas' ripped naked chest while Ridge is left to gaze pensively out the window dwelling on his and Caroline's differences and what it may mean for Douglas' future, is so painful for me to watch.

Just beautiful, sensitive work (and writing too, I'm sure) by TK today.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #132 
please searose ...don't hold back... haven't you heard that its not good for your

health to keep things bottled up... so for your health and my sanity...let it pour!LOL

I think that TPTB  are refraining  Caroline from giving ThomASS a piece of her mind

only because she is trying to appease him BUT when she witnesses how cruel and

insulting he is towards Ridge.. she will speak out ...just like she defended him to

PRICK!

... the situation is similar... Ridge has suffered a great loss...he is sterile...a very

difficult diagnosis for any man and then his son who is always in competition with

Ridge impregnates the love of his life just as he was coming to terms with the news

that he will never give her a child...heart wrenching!

Alley

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #133 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
As Ridge tried to explain to Caroline the similarity he sees between himself and Douglas, and how Ridge himself considered the biological father who didn't raise him as (both sensitively and realistically) the man who gave him life but not his life, my heart sank -- because it shouldn't have been necessary for Ridge to make that comparison to Caroline. And Caroline's response made my heart sink even more. If she considers Ridge's claim of fatherhood to Douglas to be "dishonest," if she can't/won't/doesn't agree with Ridge that he is Douglas' father in every way that counts, then her marriage to Ridge won't survive. It's that simple.

For Thomas of all people to then accuse Ridge behind his back of being controlling of Caroline really takes the cake. (Tell us again, Thomas -- how did Caroline get pregnant?) Sure, Caroline defended Ridge, but Thomas got to her -- he got to her (and keeps getting to her) more than Ridge did. Not a good sign.

Ridge has lived the life he envisions for Douglas. A life where nurture takes precedence over nature, so to speak. While Thomas's (suddenly and laughably) finely attuned senses were able to identify his relationship to Douglas as being more than fraternal (once Douglas drew breath... gee, the sonogram didn't convince you, Thomas?), and to Thomas that closer-than-brothers blood relationship is more important. Not how he plans to nurture Douglas, how he plans to protect him from the stigma Douglas will face -- unless, of course, more secrets are kept by everyone.

But Ridge also has a blood relationship to Douglas. He is (as far as we know now, anyway) Douglas' grandfather. Ridge's relationship to Eric was strictly one of nurture, but his relationship to Douglas is one of both nature and nurture, and he is married to Douglas' mother. That's why this all hinges on Caroline, and why every sign of weakness she shows, every indication she gives that she is not on the same page as Ridge, every cozy intimate scene she shares with Thomas' ripped naked chest while Ridge is left to gaze pensively out the window dwelling on his and Caroline's differences and what it may mean for Douglas' future, is so painful for me to watch.

Just beautiful, sensitive work (and writing too, I'm sure) by TK today.

If the marriage didn't survive because of the Douglas incident, then then the reasonable explanation is gonna be all three should take responsibility for their fault in that situation. But most importantly, the stupidity, confusion and inconstancy of TIIC's storytelling should get blame for all. 

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #134 
It's painful for me to watch, too, Kathy.  Much as it pains me because I love having TK back on my screen everyday but I'm not enjoying this.  It makes me really squirm & feel icky watching the half nekkid creep in the kitchen stalking Caroline yet again & beating his chest.  I think I have deja vu all over again - this is so much like RyanfreakingLavery & his chest thumping & constantly berating Zach & his spitting & bulging eyes - I am not enjoying it & I want to.  I very much want to.  I love the scenes with baby Douglas - how cute are they!  Ridge & Douglas are everything - right now I'm trying to enjoy those brief scenes & block out the ugly stuff going on around them downstairs in the kitchen.  I was so looking forward to this but so far it's a huge disappointment except for the tender, sweet Ridge/Douglas stuff.
Why does it always have to be this way!!!  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #135 
I hope Ridge is listening behind the kitchen door and rips into ThomASS...

how many times do I have to send you away until you STAY away?????????????

ThomASS is such an immature brat who can't see beyond his inflated ego that

Douglas is with his loving parents who are deeply in love ,got married and made

plans to start a family... but ThomASS ruined everything by SLIVERING into Caroline's

bed when she was dazed from booze and calling out your father's name!

...because of you ,Douglas came to be... but from an act of self interest and

revenge ...and Ridge wants to raise him in stability and serenity but you keep coming

back ! GO AWAY!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #136 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley

If the marriage didn't survive because of the Douglas incident, then then the reasonable explanation is gonna be all three should take responsibility for their fault in that situation. But most importantly, the stupidity, confusion and inconstancy of TIIC's storytelling should get blame for all. 

OhKaye, so let me first say that I totally agree with the last sentence in your post, TIIC's stupidity and inconsistency are of epic proportions!  As I have said before, I think what happened is that they got better work out of PF than they expected, and decided to keep him on, and therefore are trying to back track and turn a rape into "mistake"/"misunderstanding" as Caroline keeps calling it.  They have shown her to be in complete denial about what really happened, and what her own reaction was the next morning, hence the inconsistency.

But, I do have to point out something I totally disagree with you on, and that is "all three should take responsibility for their fault in the situation"!  Caroline has already admitted her mistake in popping pills and following them up with booze.  No woman deserves to be raped, no matter how alert, and this one was barely even conscious.  Right now, what I see as Caroline's mistake is taking her rapist's word for what really happened, and that he thought she wanted it.  Mind you, that is her mistake, I would not call it her fault.  What she needs to do is accept the truth that she was raped.

As for Ridge, he has already admitted his fateful decisions, first of not telling Caroline about the V, and of breaking up with her for one day, over the baby issue.  The fact that his grown ass pissant of a son RAPED the woman he loved, I fail to see how even a fraction of it can be called Ridge's fault or his responsibility!  The heart break and the knife in his throat that he felt when he found out, that was something Ridge did not deserve, and he does not deserve to live with the anguish and the unspeakable pain of this knowledge.  It is not the rapist's job to "punish" Ridge for breaking up with Caroline for one day, or even for keeping the V secret.  Nobody anointed that vengeful little creep to be in charge of avenging the hurt Caroline was feeling about the break up that night.  Whatever it was between Ridge and Caroline was supposed to be resolved or let go by Ridge and Caroline, not by a rapist in the middle.

Now for whose "fault and responsibility" I think the whole situation is, I guess I don't need to spell it out, but I will.  Ridge's self-absorbed, whiney, vengeful, pissant of an unworthy son!  A RAPIST!!!!!!!!!!!!  In the end, Ridge came up with the best solution for all involved, especially the innocent child, to shield him from scandal and gossip, from being torn not by outsiders but from inside the family, to give him stability and love and good life!  It takes a big man, a man with a huge heart to make that kind of emotional sacrifice and put the child's welfare before his own hurt or his own ego, and if anything, Ridge should be decorated with medals for it, not be taking "responsibility for his fault".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
I think soap Gods have it on their agenda to make every TK character suffer!  For the most parts, it always feels like a TK character can never win for more than a few minutes a year, even when he is the one doing the right thing and making sacrifice!  And that's why I was disappointed in the way the promo said Daddy Dearest is going down! The only thing good that comes out of shit like that is, yeah, we get treated to some phenomenally great TK acting!

Kathy, your post, especially what you wrote about Ridge and TK, brought tears to my eyes [bowing]

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #137 
I so enjoyed the shots of Ridge today. He is one BEAUTIFUL man, and the camera work caught that so well. I loved how he was dressed, the lighting, the  positioning, and of course the emotion that TK  always puts into every second of his scenes. Thank heavens for recorders. I'll come back to this one often for my TK-fix during those dry spells when he's not on.   I am, however, getting really fed-up with the whitewashing of  TTT, and with Caroline for her inability to see him for the crudball he really is.  A rapist shouldn't have any "rights" concerning the resulting child , and certainly no sympathy from the victim, IMO.  I don't want Ridge to lose the woman he loves OR the baby he adores,  but if she can't truly understand and support how he feels, I can't truly want her around.
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #138 
Searose,  I think that they write so much trouble and anguish (and sometimes let him write it himself) for TK's characters because he is so DAMN GOOD at eking every single heart-breaking element out of it with his performances. It is his forte,IMO. I know he can easily tear me to pieces,  make me really care about his situation and sadness, and make me love him for making me miserable!       And he makes it all seem so REAL!
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #139 
Quote:

I didn't say Ridge shouldn't take responsibility if their marriage doesn't survive. I said it hinges on Caroline. It's Caroline whose actions will decide the fate of her marriage. She agreed to Ridge's plan. Now she is the one who is torn. Whether she or Ridge is the one who ends their marriage, I think it will be because Caroline has fallen under Thomas' spell.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #140 
That's true, Pah - I have to keep telling myself that so I can tolerate the lunacy of the whole thing!  
Searose - this right here 
Quote:
Nobody anointed that vengeful little creep to be in charge of avenging the hurt Caroline was feeling about the break up that night
is brilliantly put!  Bingo!  I saw a news report about 3 women who saw a date rape about to occur in a restaurant when the date put a pill of some kind in her drink & they all 3 decided to do something about it & tell her.  Now I know TTT didn't give Caroline a pill but she took a pill regardless & was therefore incapacitated & not able to consent & no matter how you slice it, it is rape or date rape or a form of rape & shame on B&B for sweeping this vital topic under the rug & not holding TTT accountable for it.  It is a whitewash of epic proportions & I am appalled at the attitudes of the younger women I read on Twitter who apparently don't care what he did as long as they show his abs everyday!  OK - getting off my soapbox now - thanks for letting me vent - had to get it off my chest.  

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #141 
Quote:
It's painful for me to watch, too, Kathy.  Much as it pains me because I love having TK back on my screen everyday but I'm not enjoying this.  It makes me really squirm & feel icky watching the half nekkid creep in the kitchen stalking Caroline yet again & beating his chest.

DITTO!!!! But you know, we're just weak wimmen who are supposed to lose all reason and judgment and start swooning at the sight of finely ripped abs or whatever they are.

Quote:

I think I have deja vu all over again - this is so much like RyanfreakingLavery & his chest thumping & constantly berating Zach & his spitting & bulging eyes

Thomas is like the Son of Ryan in the sequel to the original Ragemonkey horror movie! And I'm afraid it's going to end up the way the Zach/Ryan conflicts always did, with Ryan being given the royal moral arbiter treatment and Zach getting the scapegoat treatment.

Quote:

- I am not enjoying it & I want to.  I very much want to.  I love the scenes with baby Douglas - how cute are they!  Ridge & Douglas are everything - right now I'm trying to enjoy those brief scenes & block out the ugly stuff going on around them downstairs in the kitchen.  I was so looking forward to this but so far it's a huge disappointment except for the tender, sweet Ridge/Douglas stuff.

Pissed me off too. Ridge was so sweet with the baby, Douglas in his cute little PJ's all nestled in Ridge's protective arm. What a contrast that made to the self-absorbed exhibitionist in the kitchen.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:

Kathy, your post, especially what you wrote about Ridge and TK, brought tears to my eyes [bowing]

Thanks, searose! I loved everything you posted today too!

I feel like B&B has gone through the looking glass with this shit.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #143 
Quote:
OhKaye, so let me first say that I totally agree with the last sentence in your post, TIIC's stupidity and inconsistency are of epic proportions!  As I have said before, I think what happened is that they got better work out of PF than they expected, and decided to keep him on, and therefore are trying to back track and turn a rape into "mistake"/"misunderstanding" as Caroline keeps calling it.  They have shown her to be in complete denial about what really happened, and what her own reaction was the next morning, hence the inconsistency.

But, I do have to point out something I totally disagree with you on, and that is "all three should take responsibility for their fault in the situation"!  Caroline has already admitted her mistake in popping pills and following them up with booze.  No woman deserves to be raped, no matter how alert, and this one was barely even conscious.  Right now, what I see as Caroline's mistake is taking her rapist's word for what really happened, and that he thought she wanted it.  Mind you, that is her mistake, I would not call it her fault.  What she needs to do is accept the truth that she was raped.

As for Ridge, he has already admitted his fateful decisions, first of not telling Caroline about the V, and of breaking up with her for one day, over the baby issue.  The fact that his grown ass pissant of a son RAPED the woman he loved, I fail to see how even a fraction of it can be called Ridge's fault or his responsibility!  The heart break and the knife in his throat that he felt when he found out, that was something Ridge did not deserve, and he does not deserve to live with the anguish and the unspeakable pain of this knowledge.  It is not the rapist's job to "punish" Ridge for breaking up with Caroline for one day, or even for keeping the V secret.  Nobody anointed that vengeful little creep to be in charge of avenging the hurt Caroline was feeling about the break up that night.  Whatever it was between Ridge and Caroline was supposed to be resolved or let go by Ridge and Caroline, not by a rapist in the middle.

Now for whose "fault and responsibility" I think the whole situation is, I guess I don't need to spell it out, but I will.  Ridge's self-absorbed, whiney, vengeful, pissant of an unworthy son!  A RAPIST!!!!!!!!!!!!  In the end, Ridge came up with the best solution for all involved, especially the innocent child, to shield him from scandal and gossip, from being torn not by outsiders but from inside the family, to give him stability and love and good life!  It takes a big man, a man with a huge heart to make that kind of emotional sacrifice and put the child's welfare before his own hurt or his own ego, and if anything, Ridge should be decorated with medals for it, not be taking "responsibility for his fault".

I think soap Gods have it on their agenda to make every TK character suffer!  For the most parts, it always feels like a TK character can never win for more than a few minutes a year, even when he is the one doing the right thing and making sacrifice!  And that's why I was disappointed in the way the promo said Daddy Dearest is going down! The only thing good that comes out of shit like that is, yeah, we get treated to some phenomenally great TK acting!

I always try to see characters in an objective way which is all characters are flawed. Taking Ridge as an example, the way he handled Douglas's revelation backfired on him; Caroline's grovelling at Thomas's feet to get Douglas back is pathetic; Thomas's inability to realize saying one word sorry isn't gonna solve the problem is ridiculous. This is why I mentioned all three of them should take responsibility for their mistake.  

Mind you, I no longer watching B&B.

Quote:
I didn't say Ridge shouldn't take responsibility if their marriage doesn't survive. I said it hinges on Caroline. It's Caroline whose actions will decide the fate of her marriage. She agreed to Ridge's plan. Now she is the one who is torn. Whether she or Ridge is the one who ends their marriage, I think it will be because Caroline has fallen under Thomas' spell. 

Ridge's the one who made the plan to keep the secrets about Douglas, shouldn't he considered the consequences before he make the decision?  Hasn't he learned from the past that keeping secret is not the way to solve problem? So I failed to see how it is only Caroline's action will decide the fate of marriage. 
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #144 
Quote:

I always try to see characters in an objective way which is all characters are flawed. Taking Ridge as an example, the way he handled Douglas's revelation backfired on him; Caroline's grovelling at Thomas's feet to get Douglas back is pathetic; Thomas's inability to realize saying one word sorry isn't gonna solve the problem is ridiculous. This is why I mentioned all three of them should take responsibility for their mistake.  

Mind you, I no longer watching B&B.

Ridge's the one who made the plan to keep the secrets about Douglas, shouldn't he considered the consequences before he make the decision?  Hasn't he learned from the past that keeping secret is not the way to solve problem? So I failed to see how it is only Caroline's action will decide the fate of marriage. 

Alley, I'd like to remind you (and everyone) that one of the purposes of this message board is to be a safe haven for fans of characters TK plays. So Ridge's actions really aren't up for debate here.

As I see it, Caroline agreed to Ridge's plan to raise Douglas as his son, and if she can't stick to the plan, that pulls the rug out from under the marriage at the same time it it pulls Thomas into the picture. Not a judgment -- just a likelihood. Regardless of what went before, there is no way Ridge isn't going to feel betrayed if Caroline keeps making room for Thomas in Douglas' life, which can't help but have an insidious effect on their relationship.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #145 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah
Searose,  I think that they write so much trouble and anguish (and sometimes let him write it himself) for TK's characters because he is so DAMN GOOD at eking every single heart-breaking element out of it with his performances. It is his forte,IMO. I know he can easily tear me to pieces,  make me really care about his situation and sadness, and make me love him for making me miserable!       And he makes it all seem so REAL!

Bingo!!  I absolutely agree, Pah!  TIIC may be clueless about which social hot topics they choose to promote and which ones they decide to sweep under the rug, and TK's characters always seem to be on the losing end of their whims, but I think they know exactly what they've got in TK and they know he'll deliver, no matter how angry they make us! 
"...make me love him for making me miserable!"  Perfectly said!  TK never disappoints!

I adored all the Ridge/Douglas scenes today too.......sadly though, when he looked at Douglas and said, ''I love you so much!'', it was like the kiss of death....this isn't going to end well.

Buckle up ladies!  It's about to get real!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #146 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Alley, I'd like to remind you (and everyone) that one of the purposes of this message board is to be a safe haven for fans of characters TK plays. So Ridge's actions really aren't up for debate here.

As I see it, Caroline agreed to Ridge's plan to raise Douglas as his son, and if she can't stick to the plan, that pulls the rug out from under the marriage at the same time it it pulls Thomas into the picture. Not a judgment -- just a likelihood. Regardless of what went before, there is no way Ridge isn't going to feel betrayed if Caroline keeps making room for Thomas in Douglas' life, which can't help but have an insidious effect on their relationship.

Okay I understand the role now

Common sense tell me there is no way that Thomas would be out of the picture when taking into account that all three of live under the same roof, work in the same place etc. I cannot think of any viable solution except that result shows Ridge's the father. 
Katbert

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #147 
TooTall can show up half-naked every day of the week, and it won't do a thing to make him less dispicable.  If he's what Caroline wants and if she caves into his manipulations, then she can have him.  Ridge is better off without her in that case.  I do, however, mourn his losing baby Dougie, who will be the real loser in this fiasco if he ends up with Thomas as his father-figure.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #148 
I'm disgusted  how people on twitter are o.k with ThomASS being involved in

Douglas's life!

This s/l is fiction but their posts are real and if they're being

sincere because it could be just for shock value, it is VERY DISTURBING !!!

They are obviously on team 'misunderstanding' so they choose to be blinded to the fact

that ThomASS WAS NOT drunk when he entered the room and chose to drink and pour

wine for Caroline instead of calming her down! He has bad judgement and is

impulsively violent.. punched his father ...who does that???

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #149 
Ridge will be triumph...he is the STAR of this show...he put PRICK in his place.. when

the chips were down he told Eric...enough is enough!... and took matters into his own

hands so the only one going down is ThomASS !

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #150 
OK...today's show gave me such a sinking feeling that I'm having trouble overcoming it to even post! I just wanted the whole show to be Ridge holding Douglas...but, alas, I should know by now that Ridge/Douglas scenes must be paid for, over and over. I think what pissed me off the most today was Thomas's attitude that just because he is Douglas's bio father, he is entitled to be king of the world or something. Blech. Caroline's deer in the headlights look is getting old. Pick a side, Caroline. You know you wanna.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.