Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 5      1   2   3   4   Next   »
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 

May 2016 Thread

Getting ready for today's show with a new thread for a new month.

[tequila]
Who's joining me?!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Well, I don't know if there are enough shots in the world to numb the pain I'm afraid is heading this way after watching today's show!

TK's homey, loving scenes with the baby in his arms were so sweet, natural, and relaxed that I wanted to cry at the storm clouds forming around them that he's not aware of... Brook's presence seemed odd, unless it was part of a re-positioning of her as a confidant for Ridge when, as the vultures circling in Spencer and Forrester HQ's seemed to be indicating, the rest of the world turns on him.

I would love to think that after the reaming out Justin got from Bill re his poor handling of Liam's case against Quinn, Justin would decide to cut his losses with Bill and clue Ridge in on Bill's vendetta and help Ridge turn the tables on Bill in return for a more respected position at FC. But since I would love to see that happen -- I won't hold my breath.

There was a lot else to comment on, but I think I'm just going to go watch the Ridge/Douglas scenes again.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
Poor Ridge! Blissfully bonding with Douglas while the storm clouds gather around him [note: I wrote this before I read Kathy's post, honest!].... plot driven storm clouds. Katie goes to FC to see Brooke, who is with Ridge (why? Doesn't she have her own new grandkid to coo over?). $Pig goes to see Ridge, who is at home. Of course I realize they all had to be in the right positions for $Pig to overhear Katie and Thomas, but all I could think was - don't these people have phones?

The second thing I thought was - hey, $Pig, that guy in Ridge's office with your wife - he raped your niece! That is the truth, too, that is the only thing in this whole situation that should be relevant to you. And when you bring Ridge down, you bring your niece down, too. I would not be surprised if $Pig and Creeper team up, with Katie as their cheerleader. Ugh, I'm making myself sick!

You know what sounds really good right now, that coffee with the honey in it, only make the honey brown sugar and make the cream Irish whiskey, and cover it with a high pile of whipped cream.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
I have to be honest, it's getting really, really, really excrutiating to sit thru this mess and if it wasn't for me not wanting to miss a second of TK, while I'm lucky enough to be able to see him on my screen & will never take that for granted, I wouldn't give this show the time of day.  Everything and everyone not named Ridge/TK is either fucking stupid or fucking insulting to a person's intelligence.  There's no rhyme nor reason to any of it.  I mean, who the hell is this person walking around calling herself Katie?  She's like a new character to me; one that I pretty much detest!  Then there's little Ricky, another day of him whining about Ridge not working and not being in the office while ironically, Rick who is at the office, is not actually "working" but rather "working out" on the rooftop gossipping with another FC employee who also is NOT working.  Then there's Thomas who actually believes that Douglas was created during a night of beautiful love making between two lovers while Caroline stands by, with a pained and guilty expression on her face, and lets him go on and on and doesn't correct him; doesn't remind him how much she did not want him that night and how she doesn't even remember it because that is how out of it she actually was.  I don't hold out hope that any correction will be forthcoming or that anyone will see what Thomas did to Caroline that night as Ridge does or as we do.   I just read a blurb from one of the soap mags posted on Twitter, where the author calls that night rape and Bell responds saying that was never the intention and that there was no rape at all.  WTF...so the intent was for it NOT to appear as a rape but yet they went out of their way to make it appear exactly as rape...booze, pills, snot, no memory of the night, and Caroline's horrified initial reaction to finding Thomas in her bed... a reaction of someone who was victimized, raped, taken advantage of.

Quote:
“Thomas thought the sex with Caroline was completely consensual and beautiful and that it was the culmination of their love for one another”, Bell insists.  “Caroline felt violated, and in many ways she was but it was never Thomas’s intent”.  So that lets him off the hook? Bell claims this was never meant to be a story of nonconsensual sex.  “When we do take on that issue on B&B, we will do it thoroughly and respectfully”, the exec says.  “We will treat it as the incredibly serious offense that it is.” 

God help us when Bell decides to write a rape story and admit it's a rape story!  I'm betting it's going to take a brutal, physical, violent attack by a weapon carrying rapist with lots of verbal yelling NOOOO by the victim.  Obviously, Bell doesn't think anything less falls into the category of rape. 

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Ridge is the victim here...he just wanted to live the rest of his life in the love loft

sculpting and making love to Caroline and running FC with her and then ThomASS 

RUINED everything!

Katie should have added about honesty.. you be honest Thomas..how could you

betray your father?

Since no one is addressing the rape...it has been labeled a mistake? ...the betrayal is

contemptible!

I wish Steffy would find out ...she was angry that he slapped their father ,imagine

this!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
   I just read a blurb from one of the soap mags posted on Twitter, where the author calls that night rape and Bell responds saying that was never the intention and that there was no rape at all.  WTF...so the intent was for it NOT to appear as a rape but yet they went out of their way to make it appear exactly as rape...booze, pills, snot, no memory of the night, and Caroline's horrified initial reaction to finding Thomas in her bed... a reaction of someone who was victimized, raped, taken advantage of.

Quote:
“Thomas thought the sex with Caroline was completely consensual and beautiful and that it was the culmination of their love for one another”, Bell insists.  “Caroline felt violated, and in many ways she was but it was never Thomas’s intent”.  So that lets him off the hook? Bell claims this was never meant to be a story of nonconsensual sex.  “When we do take on that issue on B&B, we will do it thoroughly and respectfully”, the exec says.  “We will treat it as the incredibly serious offense that it is.” 
God help us when Bell decides to write a rape story and admit it's a rape story!  I'm betting it's going to take a brutal, physical, violent attack by a weapon carrying rapist with lots of verbal yelling NOOOO by the victim.  Obviously, Bell doesn't think anything less falls into the category of rape.

Alina, who wrote that? I want to get whatever magazine it's in but I can't find it it any of mine. I've read that Brad Bell quote numerous times, but I still can't believe what I'm reading. What is wrong with him??? How can he justify much less defend a character who thought sex with anyone unconscious was "consensual" much less "beautiful" and the "culmination of their love for one another" - seriously?!? Bell actually thinks a woman who was just dumped by the man she loved is in the mood for the "culmination" of the love of some other guy she didn't didn't have any romantic feelings for five minutes earlier? WTF?

Oh wow, it was so big of him to admit that Caroline "felt violated," though, huh? And yet even that isn't good enough for him to believe she had nonconsensual sex. Wrap your brain around that one one for a minute. In Brad Bell's world, whether a woman "feels" violated - or even "in many ways was violated" -- the way the man sees it is what matters! If the woman is out of it and can't give consent because she swallowed pills and booze, then in his world, only the man's "intent" matters...regardless of what the "intent" of a man who could even consider having sex with a grieving, out of her mind, totally out of it on pills and booze, woman is.

I feel sick. Really really sick.

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Culmination of their love????...Thomas  was obsessed with Caroline...

daydreaming about her, sketched her instead of working and that fateful night.. he was

the one INSISTING that he wanted to show her how much he loved her !

If I was that author...I would tell Mr.Bell....Please roll the tape!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
The full article on the Carmas Rape issue!

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/90246/bold-and-the-beautiful-executive-producer-bradley-bell-on-thomas-caroline-sex-controversy/

THANK YOU MICHAEL LOGAN!!!
Glad someone in the press had the balls to confront Bell on this issue.

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
The full article on the Carmas Rape issue! http://www.tvinsider.com/article/90246/bold-and-the-beautiful-executive-producer-bradley-bell-on-thomas-caroline-sex-controversy/ THANK YOU MICHAEL LOGAN!!! Glad someone in the press had the balls to confront Bell on this issue.

Thanks, Alina. Michael Logan has my undying gratitude for speaking for me! He brought up everything I wanted him to. As for Brad Bell, his weasely answers reminded me of a double-talking, triangulating, obfuscating politician (of your choice) who refuses to give a straight answer. I'm more disgusted than ever now that I've read the whole thing.

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy

Thanks, Alina. Michael Logan has my undying gratitude for speaking for me! He brought up everything I wanted him to. As for Brad Bell, his weasely answers reminded me of a double-talking, triangulating, obfuscating politician (of your choice) who refuses to give a straight answer. I'm more disgusted than ever now that I've read the whole thing.

Could Bell have side stepped Michael Logan's very pointed and on target questions & his reasoning for believing that Thomas raped Caroline any more than he did?  Appalling!

Quote:
Well, let’s put it this way: If your daughter was impaired by alcohol and meds and unable to make a clear decision about whether or not to have sex with a guy and then that guy made the choice for her, would you be OK with that?

No, of course not.

Touche, Michael Logan, Touche and attaboy!

Still, Bell sticks by his story that since Thomas assumed Caroline wanted him then it wasn't rape.  What a bunch of hooey!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
OMG Alina I cannot believe BB's responses!  They might as well have Thomas with his shirt off dragging Caroline by her hair toting a big club back to his cave!!  It puts women back into the stone age!  I mean is he for real?  Thank heavens ML put the question to him but his response is appalling!  Does he not see that sex with a woman who is practically unconscious is a crime - I know for a fact it's a crime in CA!  He needs to step up & make this the real social issue that it actually is & stop gilding the lily.  It's so wrong on so many levels I have no words & this is exactly why I am having so much trouble watching this hot mess!  It offends my senses & I object on behalf of my daughter, granddaughters - all women everywhere!  What is even scarier to me is how many young women on Twitter, social media seem to be ok with it, too, as long as TTT has his shirt off.  What is happening!  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

ThomASS's feelings of "special connection' for Douglas is his sick  obsession for

Caroline...when he said.." when he came out of your body"   sounded so

weird and twisted! 

Bell portayed thomass unaware that Caroline was compromised ... very unaware... 

as in DISMISSIVE of her love for Ridge , she was waling about how much she loves

Ridge and all that predator kept saying was that he wanted to show her how much

he loved (OBSESSED over her) he must have been thanking his lucky stars that he

had her where he wanted her  ...distraught and vulnerable... ... so demeaning...no

regard for her opinion or empathy for her heartbreak  but now because it serves his

purpose... he cares about what Caroline says...|she promised I could spend time

with Douglas.! ThomASS is despicable!!!

Douglas has to be Ridge's son!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #13 
So now Katie says this is nothing to do with her and $Pig, it isn't their secret? Now? After she's already thrown the lit dynamite to blow Ridge and Caroline's world sky high just because she felt sorry for a rapist? What a frigging hypocrite! Gee, Katie, what do you think $Pig will do?! Whatever he does, it's on you.

I got a laugh (as I always do) when Ridge picked up the phone and said "Ricky" in that subtly mocking way. Especially since pRicky had just been whining about how Ridge is never in the office (while pRicky was lifting weights in the gym himself!), yet Ridge didn't need to be in the office, much less need pRicky, to get work done. So pRicky's widdle feewings are huht and he's gonna be ever more eager to go after Ridge...the same Ridge who refused to let him and his wife be destroyed when $Pig went after them for their secret.

Thomas doesn't get it, Ridge. He had sex with a woman who was incapable of giving consent. In my book that means he is incapable of getting anything. Pretty much ever. But Ridge and Douglas together....sigh. Their scenes are beyond bittersweet. Right now, they are so sweet and such an antidote to the all of the poisonous vibes swirling around, coming from every direction. I'm watching them in my own little bubble.

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Bell def deserves the heat right now!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 
Ridge to Brooke about his profound,protective love for Douglas..."Nothing I won't do

for you, nothing" that is it...Ridge is going to abdicate his CEO position...his life long

dream...his birthright...to protect Douglas from PIG'S trashy magazine.

I guess we should be grateful that Katie didn't tell PIG about Ridge's V ,YET???....why

why isn't she putting her lips to better use ....like sucking on a vodka bottle !LOL

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #16 
Ridge showed Katie more respect today than she deserved....like Katie really thought $Pig wouldn't blab? Puhleeze. But as unforgivable as I find Katie's actions, I also think they just accelerated the inevitable exposure -- because if she weren't involved, Caroline wouldn't be able to keep the truth from Thomas anyway. And I was more than ready for her to crack and just get it over with.

Wow, pRicky is such a blubbering whiner! Brooke treats him like a toddler. And I guess she forgot she has another son who's been living out of town for years, and she's just A-OK with that. But everything that happened today was designed to position each character in the right spot to do Ridge the most damage - even though he's trying to prevent damage to Douglas and Caroline - and it's absolutely nobody else's business. Not only does it not affect any of them, in using it against Ridge they'll be hurting Douglas, Caroline, and oh yeah, bringing a whole lot of bad publicity to FC. Thought that should be because the Forrester scion, Thomas, is a rapist!

Instead, though, in B&B land, a guy who has sex with a comatose girl and gets her pregnant is sanctified by his fatherhood, while the guy's father and girl's husband is demonized for trying to keep from happening what's now happening, and which Thomas will escape having to take any responsibility for...why? Why is Ridge the villain? Why is the reason for Douglas's existence so completely a non-issue to Caroline's uncle and her so-called friend Katie? Because they just want an excuse to stick it to Ridge, they don't give a rip about Caroline or baby Douglas...so they are fucking hypocrites, doing exactly what they're accusing Ridge of doing.

And it goes round and round and always ends up back at Ridge being the scapegoat while pRicky whines, $Pig blusters, Brooke  conspires and Katie's just inexplicable.

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

PIG  says he cares about Caroline's welfare.. you would think he would speak to her

before he broke the promise he made to Katie ... for a split second, when he

glanced at his wedding picture I thought he would keep his toilet shut... and he says

that Ridge is toxic????

What part of Katie's statement "Ridge is devoted to Caroline" didn't PIG understand?

My question is...the day PRICK stormed out with MYRNA'S picture ...why didn't he

keep going down the freeway until the next State? LOL

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I 'm really interested in how Douglas's paternity has any relevance on Ridge's competence as Ceo?

Where are the financial reports...when PRICK was heading FC...sales this and sales that...now Ridge is there...no talk about how

the company is doing!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy

Instead, though, in B&B land, a guy who has sex with a comatose girl and gets her pregnant is sanctified by his fatherhood, while the guy's father and girl's husband is demonized for trying to keep from happening what's now happening, and which Thomas will escape having to take any responsibility for...why? Why is Ridge the villain? Why is the reason for Douglas's existence so completely a non-issue to Caroline's uncle and her so-called friend Katie? Because they just want an excuse to stick it to Ridge, they don't give a rip about Caroline or baby Douglas...so they are fucking hypocrites, doing exactly what they're accusing Ridge of doing.

And it goes round and round and always ends up back at Ridge being the scapegoat while pRicky whines, $Pig blusters, Brooke  conspires and Katie's just inexplicable.

That's the million dollar question...why is Ridge the villain here and the only one getting crapped on from all sides?  This is opposite world...where the rapist is not only rewarded with a child but is viewed as victim #1 in this story!  His victim is a victim all right, just not his but rather Ridge's.  Yes, the man who would sacrifice anything for Caroline; who would tolerate anything for Caroline...he's the bad guy according to B&B.

Today, I muted my television whenever Ricky came on.  I'm tired of his daily whining and Marone bullshit.  Can't take it.  By the time this storyline is done, the only voice that will not be muted is Ridge's!

Well, I just want them to get on with it.  Out the secret to everybody.  Let the shit hit the fan.  The sooner it hits; the sooner Ridge can rinse it off and get back on his feet (she says hopefully).  Split up Caroline & Ridge and let her get together with her rapist.  That's obviously what Bell wants and where this is headed otherwise they wouldn't be working overtime in the reclamation project that is Thomas.  Free Ridge! 

Katbert

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #20 
I wanted to quote both Christy and Alina, but I don't know how to get both in my reply, so I'll just add my comment that I don't understand why there is no outrage about what Thomas has done to Caroline.  I guess everyone just thinks "Yeah, Caroline and Thomas slept together and she got knocked up, no biggee."  Instead, there are all the townfolks out with their torches and pitchforks wanting Ridge crucified because he tried to protect his wife and her son from being the objects of nasty gossip and ridicule.  What a bounder!  I'm having flashbacks of Chuck Pratt saying how he was going to chase Zach up a tree and throw rocks at him:  Same actor, different soap, same old shit.  Honestly, I get so pi$$ed off when I watch this garbage that if not for TK, B&B would never darken my TV screen again.  I just want this to be over.  Give whiney Junior "his" seat at FC and "his" home at the Mansion back.  Give Caroline to Thomas and free Ridge from the two of them, no great loss.  But Douglas - now there's something worth hanging onto, and losing him will hurt Ridge the most.  This is gonna kill, but TK will be there to spin dreck into gold; he never disappoints.
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Brooke won't use that against Ridge because he did the same thing for her...

he raised Hope as his own until Deacon came sniffing around!

PIG is a mad dog...hated PRICK because he was throwing his weight around when he

was Ceo and now wants to use Ridge's secret to put PRICK back as Ceo! Ridiculous!

Ridge is trying to contain this wildfire as these envious lowlifes keep throwing

gasoline on it!

Ridge's GORGEOUSNESS is almost a curse... the other men don't have his

innate charisma ,sexiness ...PRICK tried something with his hair...hideous! PIG had a

mop on his head for a while ...( they know that Ridge is in a league of his own) and

all the women want him .... that's why they're falling all over themselves to bring

him down...whiney, jealous bunch!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Caroline corrected Maya's lie with the truth...so when the shit hits the fan..she

will defend Ridge's reasons for trying to keep the secret...TO PROTECT DOUGLAS ,the

day Ridge found out she was pregnant, Thomass had punched him earlier that day... if

Katie knew that.. she wouldn't be so inclined to say that ThomASS deserved to know...

Caroline will finally admit that she was raped to vindicate Ridge!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #23 
Funny how Bill's own son Liam is being harassed by the deranged woman who held him captive and raped him, but Bill is too focused on achieving his fondest wet dream of destroying Ridge to take any steps to protect Liam and prevent Quinn from re-stalking him. Bill's faux concern for his niece and his falseness to his (betraying blabbermouth of a) wife sure were on display today, too. When you come right down to it, Quinn's got nothing on Bill -- they are two of a weak, nasty, bullying kind without a principled bone in their bodies.

I loved how TK played Ridge interacting with Thomas today and his quiet determination to keep Douglas safe no matter what. It made me sick to watch Thomas put conditions on their plan, now that he thinks he has the upper hand. But Ridge took the high road and shook on it, even though you could see his doubts subtley reflected in his expression. There couldn't have been a bigger contrast between the real man that Ridge is and the insecure louse that Bill is.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #24 
Katbert, the easiest way to quote more than one post is, after you've quoted the first post in the usual way, to C&P the portion(s) of the second you want to respond to in the text box.

Then, manually add the [Q UOTE=name] tag (changing "name" to the name of the poster you're quoting) at the beginning of it and the [/Q UOTE] tag at the end.

(ETA: Don't include the blank space between the "Q" and the "U" in the QUOTE tags -- I had to put that in there to keep from quoting my own post!)

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Thanks Kathy.  I put your instructions where I can find them again.  And I'll give it a try next time I want to multiple quote.  Thanks again.
Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Can't wait to the day when Ridge officially will be the real father, he so deserves to be and Thorsten Kaye is gonna kill those scenes.....those scenes with him and that adorable beautiful baby boy are just heartbreaking, touching and beautiful to watch.
Wishing everybody a happy new week!!!!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
Sonyannita... ICAM... it has to come and the sooner the better, Ridge has been

through hell and has been a rock through this adversity!

Ridge is the father because his decisions to try to keep Douglas 's childhood scandal

free speak volumes of fatherly, selfless love  in comparison to

ThomASS's selfish, egotistical  rhetoric; " I need to be around Douglas like I need

air" ..."I'm gonna need help with this"...it's not about you IDIOT!!...it's about the

welfare of an innocent child who came to be because of your indictable behaviour !

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
 I had a great idea...KaMAS!  ThomASS is grateful that she advised Ridge to tell him

about Douglas's paternity and Katie thinks ThomASS deserved to know SO they are

perfect for each other...just leave CaRIDGE in peace!!!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #29 
What Ridge is doing is Ridge's business.

Funny how Katie changed her tune the instant she found out that $Pig had blabbed to Brooke the same Ridge's business that Katie had blabbed to him. See, Katie, the way it works is that if you don't want somebody else's business to be blabbed to somebody else, you're not supposed to blab it to anyone else in the first place.

I didn't think this storyline could get any worse, but sticking Katie, $Pig and Brooke's shit in it has done the trick! But it just emphasizes for me how horribly one-sided it is, with Ridge being everybody's target once again - over something that is none of their business, but that they'll all hypocritically use however they can no matter what the fall out to those they claim they're trying to protect.

Katie did seem to feel a teensy twinge of guilt with Ridge today, though. Why now?! Too bad she didn't feel it a whole lot sooner. His gratitude to and trust of her, after all the damage she's already done in not keeping her nose out of his business, just made me sad.

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/06/father-stanford-university-student-brock-turner-sexual-assault-statement

Are we sure Bradley Bell isn't related to this POS?! Same attitude towards sexual assault...it was a mistake, it was just one of those nights, he shouldn't be punished for his abhorrent behavior!!! Sounds an awful lot like defending Thomas raping Caroline. Real life situation is so much more horrifying, but he is sending out the message that if you didn't mean to rape, it doesn't count.[POd]

Thanks Mon
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherDi
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/06/father-stanford-university-student-brock-turner-sexual-assault-statement

Are we sure Bradley Bell isn't related to this POS?! Same attitude towards sexual assault...it was a mistake, it was just one of those nights, he shouldn't be punished for his abhorrent behavior!!! Sounds an awful lot like defending Thomas raping Caroline. Real life situation is so much more horrifying, but he is sending out the message that if you didn't mean to rape, it doesn't count.[POd]

Di, I read about this yesterday and I had the exact same thought.

Affluenza in action.

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 

I say the more the merrier because Ridge can handle all those morons...like he said

to Caroline..."we can handle anything they throw at us because we are US!"

THORSTEN is the best...Better than the REST!!

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Who was $Bill describing in his Ridge rant because it sounded a hell of a lot more like himself than Ridge?  What a freakin hypocrite!

You'd think Ridge was the CEO that bullied employees, shot guns off in the office, lied to Eric to get irrevocable control for a year and bullied a family member so relentlessly even in her own home that she was driven to insanity that resulted in her death.   But no, that's the guy who Brooke and $Bill claim is being disrespected by the power hungry Ridge and deserves to be back at the helm.

What a LOAD!!!  How can the writers get so much WRONG and how do the actors not physically wince saying their lines!?!

Sonyaanita

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
Spot on Alina with everything you just said.......it's dragging the viewers down

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Di - I just read that article about the father of the Stanford swimmer & how he had sex with an unconscious woman & wished I had a way to send the whole thing to BB!  It is just about exactly the same situation but yet BB refuses to see it as what it was.  Does he not read the newspapers?  Does he know what century it is?  Sheesh!  No words for this show except  I'm seriously only trying to focus on the gorgeousness  - it's out of control.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
Di - I just read that article about the father of the Stanford swimmer & how he had sex with an unconscious woman & wished I had a way to send the whole thing to BB!  It is just about exactly the same situation but yet BB refuses to see it as what it was.  Does he not read the newspapers?  Does he know what century it is?  Sheesh!  No words for this show except  I'm seriously only trying to focus on the gorgeousness  - it's out of control.

I totally agree! This storyline piss me off! Bell better make it right and let Ridge be the bio dad! Maybe mail them somehow?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon

I honestly never heard this story before today, even though it happened last year, and I would bet BB would have seen it since it happened in CA and was more than likely in all the local papers. The whole thing makes me physically ill, the real and the reel of it!  Sick!!

Quoted from Christy:

"Di, I read about this yesterday and I had the exact same thought.

Affluenza in action."

It's absolutely disgusting!!

Thanks Mon
theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malin88
I totally agree! This storyline piss me off! Bell better make it right and let Ridge be the bio dad! Maybe mail them somehow?

Not wanting to be a downer, but BB pretty much told us that what is is what is and he won't be changing anything.  

Thanks Mon
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
^^^Agreed Di! I think Bell has his heels dug in not only about the rape not being rape because the rapist didn't mean it AND on Douglas' paternity. I think he's set on keeping things just as they are and I'm afraid things will get much worse before they get better! To me it looks like Bell won't be satisfied until Thomas/Caroline and Douglas are a real family. Debbie Downer #2 checking in! I honestly wish they'd get on with it. Free Ridge! I rather him single again than having his existence continue to revolve around keeping Douglas's paternity a secret and having to defend himself!

theotherDi

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
^^^Agreed Di! I think Bell has his heels dug in not only about the rape not being rape because the rapist didn't mean it AND on Douglas' paternity. I think he's set on keeping things just as they are and I'm afraid things will get much worse before they get better! To me it looks like Bell won't be satisfied until Thomas/Caroline and Douglas are a real family. Debbie Downer #2 checking in! I honestly wish they'd get on with it. Free Ridge! I rather him single again than having his existence continue to revolve around keeping Douglas's paternity a secret and having to defend himself!

Exactly!! I have been on the CaRidge train since Katie went back to her abuser, but I also believe the CarMas bus is about to roll. Too many anvils flying around to not think it's about to happen. 

New motto Free Ridge!!

Thanks Mon
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
 Thorsten wrote in a while ago ...on the17 Oct to be exact that he was dismayed

some viewers were not team CaRIDGE . This love story is a beautiful one 

..their love was born from their mutual willingness to help one another... for

Caroline the opportunity to learn from a design genius and Ridge to regain his gift of

design  so if TPTB are labelling the rape a mistake and the child's bio dad is ThomASS

so be it BUT CaRIDGE IMO has very much still to inspire us with and a testament that

true love survives  and their love is exceptional!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
the most disturbing thing about the Stanford case was what the boy's dad said [mad]- he doesn't deserve a harsh sentence for '20 minutes of action' - and I kid you not.   

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #43 
I was just reading about a recall petition for the judge in the Stanford rape case: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/06/06/481010919/california-rape-case-sentence-sparks-outrage

Although I first read about this case only a few days ago, I agree with Di that it was probably more well known in CA, and it's hard to believe that the B&B PTB weren't aware of it. As soon as I started reading about it, the similarities between it and what Thomas did struck me, too.

Whatever satisfaction there might have been today in hearing Katie call out Bill's typical Brooke-centric betrayal of her was completely obviated by Katie's betrayal of Ridge first. Fuck her. She knew Bill was a snake when she picked him up again.

My heart goes out to Ridge and Ridge alone. All he wanted to do was protect Caroline and the baby. Now if Bill has his way, I'm afraid Ridge will end up being charged with murder of that doctor. And if that happens, Katie will share the blame with Bill.

(No) thanks to Thomas, I see the writing on the wall for Caridge. But I can't root for a pairing where the female half minimizes her own rape and is warm and friendly to the rapist her own husband tried to protect her from. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
I am SO PROUD of the way Ridge reacted to this latest betrayal !!.  He did not respond with screaming or threats but kept his cool and answered Bill's tirade with a calm sensible plea for understanding of a difficult situation.  I don't know if he will be able to maintain this when this conversation continues, especially because I can't picture $Bill  cooperating at all. Frankly, I was surprised that even Ridge was able to react with the self-control that he did,  but was so pleased with his ability to think fast, accept the situation, and react so intelligently.   Also wanted to say that  IMO Heather Tom's performance yesterday and today was really great........should be on her Emmy Reel for this year.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #45 
Arrrrggghhhhhh I couldn't stand watching Katie defend Ridge and Caroline to $Pig The truth about Douglas is nothing but a weapon Katie and $Pig are using against each other that $Pig and Brooke will now use against Ridge. Ridge who never did a fucking thing to hurt either one of them while pRicky is not the CEO of FC because of his own destructive behavior (so comprehensively recounted by Alina yesterday).

The main thing that struck me about Ridge today was how he gave other characters credit for decency they didn't possess, but that Ridge himself showed when he could have used potentially disastrous information against pRicky and his golddigging wife but instead backed them up. The difference between Ridge and $Pig's approach is mindblowing. Ridge felt he had no choice but to trust Katie because the consequences would be so unspeakable if he couldn't, but bottom line is he really thought he could trust her to trust him to handle it. It's almost like an extension of the almost connection I felt they had a few weeks ago -- but tragically that was all on his side - Katie didn't deserve his trust, then or now. She blabbed deliberately as a way to entice $Pig from Brooke, at least that's how it seemed to me, and I despise her even more for that, but what I detest her for the most is sticking he nose in Ridge's business in the first place.

I figured blustering $Pig would show up at Ridge's before the end of the show, but when he did my brain just couldn't wrap itself  around his attack - how he made Douglas all about him! And I still have no words for such blatant hypocrisy. I thought Caroline's reaction was heartrending, but Ridge's - OMG, Ridge's, so calm, rational, heartfelt, totally wasted on $Pig of course, but it was perfect. He doesn't stoop to $Pig's level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pah
I am SO PROUD of the way Ridge reacted to this latest betrayal !!.  He did not respond with screaming or threats but kept his cool and answered Bill's tirade with a calm sensible plea for understanding of a difficult situation.  I don't know if he will be able to maintain this when this conversation continues, especially because I can't picture $Bill  cooperating at all. Frankly, I was surprised that even Ridge was able to react with the self-control that he did,  but was so pleased with his ability to think fast, accept the situation, and react so intelligently.

I was trying to write my post while you were writing this, but I like the way you said what I was struggling to pry out of my right brain, this was my exact reaction too.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #46 
This whole thing becomes more preposterous & mind-blowing by the day!  IA with Pah's description of a cool, calm Ridge who said in the most adult way sparing everyone $Bill's histrionics, reminding them all that this is about that tiny baby.  Thorsten delivered his lines in such a contrast to that charging bull with his pompous, self-righteous ridiculous accusations that made this entire Douglas paternity issue all about him & his DNA.  GAG    I can hardly wait for pRicky to join the madness.  Sometimes it seems like I'm watching a scene from 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' except that made a lot more sense.   Make it stop!   [wtf]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #47 
I got a kick of the side stink eye Ridge threw Thomas's way when he said that night was about booze and pills and "misunderstandings" and betrayals.

Let's call a spade a spade...Bill is a dick, douchebag, asshole, etc etc etc.   Despite Caroline's reaction to him saying the whole world would now know the truth; despite Ridge's eloquence and calm when trying to reason with someone incapable of reasoning...$Bill is not going to back down or change his tune about Ridge and poor innocent manipulated Caroline.  I certainly HOPE that tomorrow, Caroline doesn't just stand there allowing $Bill to spew his venom towards Ridge without coming to Ridge's defense and very pointedly telling the ass that SHE DOESN'T WANT THE TRUTH OUT because not only will it hurt Douglas it will hurt HER!   I HOPE she tells him that his attack on her husband is an attack on HER personally.  She better threaten to cut him out of her life if he DARES do anything with the information.  If she just stands there looking torn...I'm going to pop a vein, lol.

And how much does it say about $Bill that even knowing there was booze and pills involved; the possibility that Caroline was taken advantage of doesn't even cross his mind.  He's a foul POS!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Brooke will pull on her stallion's reins to back off from Ridge because she of all people

can understand 'misunderstanding'  she made out with Oliver, thinking it was ...

who the hell cares!?

Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #49 
^^^Bluegaze...I admire your optimism and ability to believe that good will triumph over evil in this mess of a show, lol.  Thank you!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #50 
So many good and right-on comments above. (ETA: I mean on Page 1. I'm sorry I started Page 2!)

I can't think of a thing to add but today's Ridge/Bill scenes brought two old movies to my mind... kind of an old movie mashup. Ridge as Ronald Colman (sigh!) as Sydney Carton (sigh!) in A Tale of Two Cities and Bill as King Kong in King Kong.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.