Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #101 
Well I didn't want to be vulgar.  

Have to share this description of Quinn & Deacon that I found absolutely knee-slapping!  Spot on!

Quinn has become so much of a cartoon that she and Deacon remind me of Russian spies Boris and Natasha from the old Bullwinkle show. QUOTE]

From Two Scoops.  I think that sums those two up pretty well.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #102 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
Well I didn't want to be vulgar.  

Have to share this description of Quinn & Deacon that I found absolutely knee-slapping!  Spot on!

Quinn has become so much of a cartoon that she and Deacon remind me of Russian spies Boris and Natasha from the old Bullwinkle show. QUOTE]

From Two Scoops.  I think that sums those two up pretty well.

Boris and Natasha? ROFL. I love a good cartoon comparison.

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #103 
Looks like we're in for another dry spell already, dammit.  With so much more to explore in re Ridge's situation,   and so much BORING overload of H/L/W and B/$B material,   I get really frustrated at the selections made by B&B writers.  As for Quinn, I find her sort of interesting in spite of her outlandishly evil mind,  and not having known Deacon in his bad-boy past, I don't hate him either ...(yet).
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #104 
YOU GO, BOB BARKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed,
Christy <----animal whacko

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #105 
Christy, I am deathly allergic to cats (I actually got asthma from a cat, and it only comes back when I am near a cat), and still, I was going YAY, Bob Barker, you've STILL got it [rofl]  I was laughing hysterically when that buffoon went rolling down the slope!  And since Bob got him in the mouth, hopefully, we won't be subjected to too much of the open-mouth syndrome [wink]

Sharon, very funny comparison indeed!

Pat, I too love watching Quinn, but I hate her in this story because she seems to enjoy the fact that Ridge can't draw, and takes advantage of it.  As for Deacon, he is a sleazy low-life, but he doesn't mask it like you-know-who does, doesn't pretend to be a good guy, and usually owns his faults and misdeeds, so it is easier to tolerate him.  And it doesn't hurt that the actor does a pretty damn good job of playing what he is supposed to.  I always enjoy watching villainous, or imperfect characters as long as the actors are good at it.

BTW, the actress who plays Donna was on Y&R a couple of days ago, and looked so much better without ten pounds of make up on her face (and without much clothing, LOL, seems to be in really good shape), and since she was given a decent script, she acted pretty good too.  Why is it that shows don't use their cast talents to their full potential?  Oh well......

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #106 
Searose, I thought I saw the Donna actress on Y&R the other day, and thought I was seeing things -- had no idea she was on both shows. Her character on B&B is certainly superfluous now but then what character isn't, next to Brooke and her mini-me twit spawn! Watching B&B trying to depict these two shallow, vapid, self-absorbed idiots as strong, smart women really makes my blood boil.

The Bob Barker/Wyatt scene kind of shocked me in the way it came out of left field, and in the gratuitousness of the violence. I was uncomfortable on several levels watching a 90-year-old man deck a man more than young enough to be his grandson, even though Wyatt was acting like such an asshole. It was such a cartoonish scene, and unlike Bob Barker's previous appearances did nothing to advance any story or educate or elevate in any way -- just the opposite. Ugly and pointless.

Don't mind me, I'm just suffering from a lack of Ridge!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #107 
Oh Kathy, we all are suffering from a lack of Ridge!  Why else would I enjoy such an idiotic scene?  The only good thing in the entire episode was the jack-ass getting punched in the ever-open mouth. 

Today's scenes were just not good for my blood pressure.  Who does the $PIG think he is?  HE will do whatever he can to help Ridge recover?  All in a matter of minutes, he says things like "I........ WE will help him get through it" while saying things like "the part Ridge played in it", "he is going to be fine, it's not the end of the world" and "he will get it (the drawing ability) back!!!!!!!!!!!"

I wonder, would it be the end of the world if someone took away $PIG's gift, his talent?  Oh wait, he doesn't seem to have any, except acting like a major PIG!  Just as arrogant and ego-maniacal jerk as Ryan Lavery!  I guess every soap has one of those [sigh]

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.