Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
July is off to a blah start without Ridge, but here's a bright and shiny new thread for the first month of the second half of the year.

Part of today's show was preempted in the DC area (where I am), including part of the Rick, Maya and Caroline scene. Were they really singing Kumbaya together?!

Oh, Aly -- please don't go off the rails. Please. This show so badly needs your inability to pretend the emperor is clothed.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
Kathy, you stole the words right out of my keyboard, I could not believe my ears listening to Kumbaya, it definitely got worse from yesterday's show.  I can understand Caroline telling Myrna about her childhood and telling her she understands, but I thought at least she would call Myrna out today on her and pRicky's past behavior, which had NOTHING to do with Myrna being an LGBT person.  As if that's not bad enough, we have to watch Nicole putting Myrna on a pedestal, and pray that Zende does not fall for it?

And didn't they show Aly dealing with her issues the last time Taylor was in town?  I thought they hugged it out, and I was starting to like her again.  I don't know how B&B will deal with round 2 of her hearing Darla's voice, because as far as Quinn took things, B&B never sent her to the prison, nor to rehab, she never had sessions with her shrink, and BAM, she is happily married, is now designing jewelry at the country's best fashion house, and is even giving out relationship advice.  They never addressed her near relapse when she went off on the finger snapper [rolleyes]  It is as if any time B&B touches on a social, medical or psychological issue, they really don't know how to go about it beyond plot point.  I would have rather seen Aly in a s/l where she crushed on Liam, and was heartbroken because he brushed her off as being too young, only to later attain her man, instead of this obsession with his love life!

Heck with them all.  I just hope we get some good Ridge stuff this month.  Starting with tomorrow's Ridge/Steffy.......

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #3 
searose, I like your suggested Aly storyline... hate to stick her with Liam, but isn't he about the only guy in her age range on the show other than Ollie she's not related to somehow? Damn, I hated to see the Head of Darla turn bad... Aly kinda reminded me of Jan hearing the Evil Jan Brady voice in the first Brady Bunch movie. The tedious Steffy/Ivy/Liam triangle just ain't worth Aly losing her shit over, though.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

When Thorne returns ,I hope he and Ridge will have a heart and heart about their

daughters... Ridge and Thorne have a good relationship and it is nice to see Ridge with 

family who have his back and that will surely keep Raya at bay!!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
OMG, I had been SO looking forward to today, not knowing that Ridge's second meeting as CEO will be railroaded by Aly, AGAIN, where Ridge had to prematurely adjourn the meeting, AGAIN!  I guess at least she is consistent [rolleyes]  She did that moments after telling Ridge that she won't be a problem, but worse yet, she too tells him, in front of everyone, that he is a Marone?  Why does Ridge put up with this F*orrester bunch?  And to answer Aly whether she is out of touch, not only she is out of touch with fashion trends and marketing, she is out of touch with reality, UGH!  Ridge used to deal with one tantrum-throwing juvenile, now he has another one on his hands, and this one needs some serious psychiatric help [sigh]

Ridge was so gracious to RAYA, he is STILL the bigger man!  And he is the best damn kisser [thud]  I love how Ridge and Caroline just know when they need to cheer up or comfort each other!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Damn, I've been waiting for a Ridge/Aly scene for a long time - since Christmas 2013 when Ridge told her he was looking forward to working with her or something like that. This ain't exactly the scene I was waiting for. But it could have been, if he had been the one to really talk to her after she confronted him at the meeting instead of Pam interrupting. She obviously needs help and her problems go far beyond fashion. Though while I do get where she's coming from there - she's in the wrong business if that bothers her so much. And, didn't she just design a line of fuck me heels herself?

I hated that she threw Ridge's parentage in his face, but she is so obviously going off the rails and he handled her with gentle restraint in the brief time he did have to talk to her. And that's what pissed me off the most about today's show. Ridge is the CEO. Why are all those other Forresters and worse, Spencers, and even worse still, Avants, doing all the talking?!?

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
ITA, that girl needs professional help and her wardrobe ,seriously,it is not conducive

to a world re known fashion house! When Aly started ranting ,Ridge  should've have

told her to step outside and set her straight that she was totally out of line!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 
[rofl3][rofl2]wonder where I can get a pair of those fuck me heels?!  I think Aly's cheese slipped off her cracker.  She is absolutely working in the wrong business!  Loved that hot kiss - wow, those two are really sucking me in! 

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Brooke is back and not drunk. And cra cra Aly is back too....(Still) tired of the Raya love fest everywhere they go. At least that is one thing Aly gets points for is calling out Raya. The floating Darla head is too freaky...

At least we are getting Ridge and Caroline on a regular basis lately. That impression Caroline did of Ridge today was so hilarious. I loved that!! Too cute...I like seeing them laugh and goof off. It's a drama but we gotta have some light moments too. 

I agree with whoever was talking about Aly's dress. What was that? It was a little girl dress that was really frumpy also. Such a weird contrast to see that dress on her and opposite of Aly same scene, Steffy's dress which was just a skin tight spandex tube. 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #10 
No, Pam -- the "one thing missing" today was Ridge! Not your frickin' lemon bars! (May I have one?)

Still loving nutzoid Aly! As much as I hate to see this BSC version of her, her disapproving puritanical presence at the skinfest made (to me anyway) a really entertaining contrast to the gratuitous skin flaunting. Why can't FC expand its market and create a line of designer frumpers for Aly to promote? Line name Side Hugs. Hey, it could get her out of town.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Ridge got mentioned plenty for a Ridge-less day today, and we got an almost-giddy-in-love-with-Ridge Caroline too, but it was SO great seeing Caroline/LG walking without the big shoe that I had to do instant replay as a tribute to LG's strength and determination [smile]
No comment on the rest of the show, have a safe and happy July 4th you all!

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 
Did Caroline mention Ridge? [biggrin]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
All I know is Ridge wasn't there & I was [wtf]           [cryeyesout]                                  Side hug - [rofl2][free-cool-smileys-268]  IDK how Aly got to be so puritanical - good descript - but she's really good at it.  Darla's head is creepy now - espec the dark wig version.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Malin, she did she did!! I hope Monday is a continuation of this pool party and we get to

see shirtless Ridge or Ridge with his shirt open, something!!!!!Fourth of July is not

complete without shirtless Ridge!!!!

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

If I were Oliver,I would run from that Aly???? IMO her visions would be more

credible if we would only hear Aly's  responses and not see the head????!!

Aly is contemplated hurting Steffy,,I hope Ridge won't be caught in the middle and get

injured!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
All I know is Ridge wasn't there & I was [wtf]           [cryeyesout]                                  Side hug - [rofl2][free-cool-smileys-268]  IDK how Aly got to be so puritanical - good descript - but she's really good at it.  Darla's head is creepy now - espec the dark wig version.

I see a TLC reality show in Aly's future - they will need a replacement soon! Seriously, ITA, I don't know whether to recoil in horror from Aly's Duggars channeling or cheer her on in her I am woman hear me roar campaign, but somehow I just feel for Aly.

I had mixed feelings about Ridge not being on. I was just as glad, really, since I hate episodes like this and it would have been a bitch to clip. In any case, I got something I often wish would happen at the end of the show, a friend/neighbor showed up with a bottle of my favorite wine and the three of us proceeded to feel no pain.

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Bluegaze, thank you for answering my question sweetie!

I'm so happy she did mention him [biggrin] What did she say???

OMG you had me spilled out my coffee when mention tk shirtless loooool.

Happy Fourth of July everyone!!!!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
I doubt we'll see Ridge on Monday, either, since Caroline said his flight won't get in until that night.

I hope we do see him (and Caroline) at least once next week since the spoilers only mention the Avant clan and the new quadrangle of doom. [rolleyes]
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Malin, It was so exciting to see Caroline walking on her own two legs, no walker,she

actually skipped! Congratulations, LG on your spectacular recovery, good luck!!!!

...so back to our soap opera,Steffy asked Caroline where Ridge was and she said his

flight was arriving that night ,bummer!! I hope he went to where ever Thorne is and

inform him personally that Aly needs professional help and that her father should be by

her side.

Ridge's name was spoken again by Caroline when she told Carter, that its thanks to his

good buddy, Ridge, that she is already walking!

ITA ,Malin,the sight of Ridge/TK shirtless is coffee spilling with excitement!!!!!!!!!!!lol

and one more thing, OBA speech about freedom to live as you choose,very

admirable so everyone stop harassing Ridge that he is a Marone...even now little

Aly, really! Ridge choices to be a Forrester and everyone should respect that!!!

sweetautumn

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie
I doubt we'll see Ridge on Monday, either, since Caroline said his flight won't get in until that night.

I hope we do see him (and Caroline) at least once next week since the spoilers only mention the Avant clan and the new quadrangle of doom. [rolleyes]

Hopefully Caridge got another spectacular love scene after next week. 
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 

yes, definitely ,a SPECTACULAR love scene is due!!!!!!!!!!!!!The sculpting is always on

my mind...I know Ridge and Caroline will make it worth the wait!!!

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #22 
I saw a spoiler in SOD that said Aly has a meltdown during a Forrester board meeting - and the one she just had was already mentioned in the recap. So maybe Ridge will be there for that one too!
Callie

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy
I saw a spoiler in SOD that said Aly has a meltdown during a Forrester board meeting - and the one she just had was already mentioned in the recap. So maybe Ridge will be there for that one too!

Thank you, Christy! I must have missed that. I will accept Ridge in a scene that will piss me off than no Ridge at all. [biggrin]
Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 
I agree Callie!!!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #25 
Another week, another shooter drill in the DC area. Show was preempted, were there any Ridge sightings?
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Christy, no Ridge, no giddy-in-love-with-Ridge Caroline walking on her own two feet, no glorious mentions of Ridge, in other words, NOTHING good..............  Instead, now it looks like SILLY quadrangle may be turning into SWILLY pentagon (unless of course, Whyatt is supposed to only be interested in who Liam is with at any given moment to give crazy Momma Quinn something to do), and there was a hint dropped today (when someone on soap says something won't happen, we know it WILL happen, LOL) that there will be one more Avant coming to town [gaah]

My DirecTV guide does not mention Ridge all week, but since there is mention of Aly in regards to FC tomorrow, may be Ridge will resume the meeting he had to prematurely adjourn last week?  If not, I will just take a long nap the rest of the week [wink]

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 
No Ridge today.  Snooze-worthy - unless you enjoy Aly giving the stink eye the whole show.  A long nap might be just the ticket or  maybe some boat drinks in my new pool.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Sharon , you are so right, a boat drink will be perfect to help us cope with Ridgeless

days!!!LOL

.... on another note, I think Steffy deserves an "A" for effort, she is really trying

to rekindle the love that Liam had for her, while Ivy just looks on by the sidelines! Ivy,

go for it, girl, let the games begin!!!!!!!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #29 
Sharon, I am envious of your new pool! We (by which I mean, someone with a more effectively functioning brain than mine) need to come up with a B&B drinking game for those boat drinks![drunk]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Sharon loved your Comment! Boring without my favorite persons! I was hoping Ridge and Caroline watching fireworks or sit by the fire and make out! Bummer for sure [wink]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Well come on down & jump in!  Drinking game for boat drinks will work!  Maybe everytime Aly gets the stink eye!  It would pass the time til Ridge reappears.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Ugh, no Ridge...and no Caroline..she could have been there today but I guess not.
Instead, flirty Steffy and a floating head...oh and another family member of Maya's coming to town. So they may have mentioned Maya's dad 20 times today so is that a heads up for us that he is coming too? And someone said maybe no Ridge all week?? I can't take it....Sharon, pass those drinks please!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
I know, Caroline just speaking Ridge's name and expressing how wonderful he is ,is

very, very helpful for us, who desperately need a daily dose of a Ridge appearance!!!

.... videos and one of Sharon's boat drinks will save the day!LOL

[dream]

pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 
I don't understand why a board meeting has to be ended for everyone just because one
crazy girl has a rant session. This has happened before. Why don't they just tell HER to leave and then go on with the meeting?
searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Pah, ITA, I wish Ridge would just ask Aly to leave the meeting. I don't agree with her "I am a Forrester, I have as much right to be at the meeing... blah blah", DNA does not qualify a person to attend a corporate meeting, be it a board meeting, an executive meeting, a project meeting, or just a rap session.  I wish Ridge did not have to get tough with her, but she gave him no choice, and I hope Ridge will put his foot down going forward.  I was anticipating Lil pRicky being a thorn on Ridge's side, trying to undermine Ridge, but it is infuriating to watch Aly railroad Ridge's THIRD meeting now as CEO.  Not holding my breath, but when Ridge left the office, I was hoping he was headed to see Aly and would find her with those cuttings and stuff [sigh]

I did enjoy those precious 5 seconds of Ridge and Caroline blissfully designing together, I did enjoy those precious 20 seconds of Ridge as a concerned father, it was obvious he wasn't thrilled about Steffy getting her hopes up about Liam.

Speaking of Liam........, so he is now dating both Steffy and Ivy.  Wasn't it just a few months ago that both Liam and Whyatt were dating Hope-less because she claimed to love both and couldn't decide?  Do the writers have to lather-rinse-repeat every story?

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 
[love][kiss][love][wave]   Hi Ridge!  Dang - I had my boat drinks all ready!  Oh well, I'd rather have Ridge than a boat drink anyday.  I think Ridge is just humoring Aly bec of Thorne - I don't think any of them want to throw her out bec of him.  But she's seriously deranged after what we saw today - yikes!  I'm skeered!  WTF is wrong with Liam?!?!  Is it just short attention span or is he cuckoo?  I think I missed something.  Anyway - delighted to see the fabulous Mr. Kaye back on my screen! 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #37 
Thanks, Sharon! It's hot as hell here and after today's show I need something stronger than Diet Sunkist to get through B&B's 25 minutes minus commercials! IMO, with today's show Aly went from being kind of dark comedy relief to outright tragic because she is clearly mentally ill and mental illness ain't funny. Aly's deterioration needs to be treated with the depth and sensitivity that Maya's exposure was. Maya and Rick did treat Aly like shit with absolutely no repercussions, and Maya's haughty apology today didn't cut it for me. I want to see Ridge realize just how seriously Aly is now unspooling and do something about it.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 
 ITA, everyone and I too had my "another dismal day without Ridge" drink ready but

then there he was ... and I had the drink anyway, in celebration of his appearance!!LOL

Ridge really needs to contact Thorne about Aly ...  her father should be there for

her especially since her mother has died. Ridge can not be the one to deal with Aly's

madness, he has enough on his plate, designing , CEO responsibilities, his daughter's

happiness... and last but not least making love to Caroline!!!!

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
OhKaye, so we may be barely halfway done, but my mind tuned out after the first segment, since they changed the camera angle.........  I mean, when the camera was on Steffy during the first segment, my eyes were glued on the little photo frame behind her desk, and I found myself wishing that's how the camera would stay for the entire episode..........  On this show, my wishes don't usually come true. 
Kathy, I am not holding my breath on B&B handling the mental illness properly.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by searose
when the camera was on Steffy during the first segment, my eyes were glued on the little photo frame behind her desk, and I found myself wishing that's how the camera would stay for the entire episode

Same here -- and I was wishing that it was like one of those animated Harry Potter photos!

Quote:
Kathy, I am not holding my breath on B&B handling the mental illness properly.

No, looks like they're going full steam Bad Seed! Is that why the Head of Darla is now sporting a brunette wig -- because Aly actually has two different talking heads, i.e. original blonde good Darla (a la Samantha Stevens and Jeanie) and brunette evil Darla (a la Serena and Jeanie II)?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
 my question is, Where's Oliver? Did he and Aly break up.... not that I blame him but

couldn't he be more involved in this situation as a friend?

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegaze
 my question is, Where's Oliver? Did he and Aly break up.... not that I blame him but

Good question! Maybe he peeked inside Aly's bedroom and got a load of her creepy doll house? (Who else remembers little Bianca Montgomery setting her Uncle Jack doll on fire and burning down Erica Kane's house?)

I've also been wondering where Quinn is and since when did Katie and Ivy become such confidants. Not that I miss Quinn in the slightest because her absence is a relief, but certain dimwitted characters actually seem to need a string-puller.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:

No, they're still together. It was mentioned on Friday's episode when he showed up for the photoshoot. And that's why I'm surprised he's not more involved in the storyline.

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:

Good question! Maybe he peeked inside Aly's bedroom and got a load of her creepy doll house? (Who else remembers little Bianca Montgomery setting her Uncle Jack doll on fire and burning down Erica Kane's house?)
Oh yeah, one of the few not-so-nice things she did before she grew up to become Ste. Binks, LOL.

Oliver did say "I am worried about her" at the pool party, in reference to her behavior, after Aly went off on him.  AND THEN WE GET NOTHING........  Another shoe dropped from Aly's new collection?  I don't think there is anyone on B&B's writing team who tracks "continuity", or anyone who knows how to tie various characters together and have them interact beyond superficial stuff or playing bed-buddy switcheroo.

What I would have loved more than anyone else finding the creepy doll house is for Ridge to walk in during one of her graffiti acts, or while she is staring at her closet wall, and call Thorne about her [sigh]!

bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #45 

Thanks,Callie,I fast forward when our Ridge ain't around so I wasn't sure if she broke it

off with Oliver because she has her focus on Steffy and Maya.

Searose, I think Ridge should call Thorne too ,sooner than later because what he has

already witnessed is sufficient to see that Aly is in great emotional distress!

Please Ridge stay away from Aly's  proximity just in case she becomes violent because

you have had enough injuries!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #46 
Quote:

What I would have loved more than anyone else finding the creepy doll house is for Ridge to walk in during one of her graffiti acts, or while she is staring at her closet wall, and call Thorne about her [sigh]!

Oh, ditto! I really would like to see Ridge realize that Aly's in serious mental meltdown mode and that she needs professional help as well as the understanding of her family, including Thorne, and bring that about. Bluegaze, I could see Ridge putting himself between Aly and Steffy, and while I wouldn't want to see him get hurt, I know TK would act the hell out of it and that I would love to see.

I really like Aly and hate to see her be sacrificed to prop a couple I couldn't care less about, especially when Maya is getting the royal treatment.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #47 
Bluegaze ITA my friend! [smile]

" ... her father should be there for her especially since her mother has died. Ridge can not be the one to deal with Aly's
madness, he has enough on his plate, designing , CEO responsibilities, his daughter's
happiness... and last but not least making love to Caroline!!!!"

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Hey you all, guess who showed up in town today???????????  Yup, Papa Avant [rolleyes]

Talking about today's episode doesn't need words, it needs a bunch of [rolleyes][shutup][burnup][yawn][sigh][sighhh][sleep][snooze]

LilBit318

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #49 
We did get to see a photo of Steffy & Ridge in her office today though. [wink]

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #50 
Kathy said:

I could see Ridge putting himself between Aly and Steffy, and while I wouldn't want to see him get hurt, I know TK would act the hell out of it and that I would love to see.

ITA, TK would deliver an extraordinary performance and stir deep emotions in us like

nobody can...but I  hope he can intervene and not be attacked by Aly so he can

continue doing what he does best..... and design!!!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.