Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #1 
January thread: http://forum.thorstenkaye.com/post/ridge-forrester-january-2017-8366567?trail=150#111

YESSSS! I was ready to throw something at my TV to escape the nonstop Thomas pissing and moaning when Ridge finally had enough of it and told him off! FINALLY, a mention of what Ridge sacrificed for him. That made the whole show.

But as for the rest of the show, it was such an obvious set up you could see it from space. The show desperately needed new characters but the Spectra exposition just seemed so contrived. Even so, I don't want to see Sally get stuck with Thomas.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
Thomas: What's up, you wanted to see me?
Ridge: You're in the CEO office, not the boy's dressing room.
Kathy: [rofl]

Thank you, Ridge! I'm so fucking sick of the constant and gratuitous parading around of Thomas' naked chest! It just makes him a laughingstock to me (on top of the object of loathing he is).

Good to see that Ridge isn't emulating his father when it comes to how to treat his son -- Ridge was sensitive to Thomas' disappointment over his [deserved] lack of promotion. Too bad Thomas was utterly incapable of appreciating Ridge's diplomacy in breaking the news of his own [deserved] restoration to [co-]CEO. Why on earth Thomas would expect the position to just be handed to him on a silver platter, when he's been away for months, and it's been Ridge alone making all the effort to remove FC from Quinn's clutches, is beyond me! So it was also good to see Ridge pointing out some reality to the brat. Now I fully expect Thomas to start showing his ass as well as his chest.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
I can't believe the writers actually allowed Ridge to bring up Caroline and allowed him to point out the obvious to his pissant son!  My Thomas tolerance level is non-existent!  I thought Thomas' envy and assiness was reserved for Ridge but looks like he's an equal opportunity envious asshole!

Pssst Thomas....if it kills ya to be away from yourson, the son you whined about having been "robbed" of; move to New York and rent an apartment near him.  Looks like Caroline and her moms grew tired of him too!

~No TK on AMC, No Me. Wherever he goes, I go!~

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 
Yea, Thom is such an ASS my Thomas tolerance level is non-existent too!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
That loser draws a couple of acceptable designs and now thinks he's CEO material?

Ridge gives him more love than he deserves...should've slap him that time...(I know

that violence is not the answer) but TOO TALL threw the first punch!

Ridge stepped aside to see where the "Thing" would go...NOWHERE OF COURSE and 

if I were Ridge I would have told that ungrateful, pompous son exactly that..."Being

with me has changed Caroline forever and you will never do.. take that to your

pumping machine!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
The FC-CEO-ship changes hands more often than Christy and I used to trade Beatles cards, so I'm guessing Ridge's re-ascension to half the crown isn't too secure, but if Rick and Thomas would really rather have Quinn running the FC show than Ridge, i.e. someone who's actually earned the job -- then it truly shows what they are all about, i.e. feeding their egos. Where were they when Ridge was trying to oust Quinn? At least Thomas was buttoned up today, for a change!

So soon after their blissful reunion, it kinda looks like disaster for Ridge and Brooke may be looming, too! Do I care? Not really.<g>

This reintroduction of the Sally Spectra characters/years isn't really working for me. If they had to bring them back, IMO they should have recast the original Sally and not gone with the sister/niece angle. (What happened to Sally's daughter Macie? And who lets valuable real estate sit gathering dust in LA?) But if they had to go the sister/niece route, I can't help thinking that Alicia Minshew would have been perfect in there somewhere. OK, as Sally, Jr., because I don't want that character to be wasted on an asshole like Thomas.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I braced myself when I saw Eric had called a meeting and that not only Thomas was invited but Rick was as well.  Oh the WHINE!!!!  With the way this show handles the CEO job like a hot potato, not sure why any of the interested parties should get their panties in a twist.  In a couple of weeks/months (tops)...I'm sure Ridge will be out and then they can whine to Eric again..."pick me, choose me"! I can't take it seriously anymore especially with the Ridge/Quinn thing hovering like a dark cloud overhead!  Boom!

I found myself chuckling at Brooke, giving Ridge & Quinn the stink eye!  How long before Quinn starts getting green everytime she sees Brooke/Ridge together? LOL.  Not long, I bet!

I don't have nostaglia to draw on so as of now I'm completely blah on the Spectra invasion.  The writing is so in-your-face, there's not much mystery as to what will be happening on that front very soon.  Just a matter of how many disgruntled FC employees will hightail it over there or become spys and thiefs for them?

Alicia Minshew on B&B?  That would be wonderful but it could only end up one way and that one way is not Alicia's character being a love interest for Thomass.  ;-)

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #8 
Yay, another Shakespeare quote...after Yeats last week...I so love it when TK does that. But yeah, put a timer on Ridge/Brooke, she's obviously quicker on the uptake than Eric is and pretty quickly sensed that something was going on with Ridge and Quinn (will she be the one to clue Eric in?). But something is going on with her and Bill, so...there's that balance again.

The salivating look on Ricky's face as Eric dangled the co-CEO announcement, OMG it cracked me up and  reminded me of a Beggin' Strips commercial.

The Spectra Judy-Mickey "let's put on a show!" fashion house resurrection isn't working for me either. If they cared so much about Sally, why didn't anybody even bother to clean out her office? Did it really look that makeshift? It looks like something I'd see on Paranormal Lockdown...Still, Sally Jr. is kind of growing on me unexpectedly, and since a new hopefully viable female character on this show is rarer than hen's teeth. I would so much rather see her going up against Ridge without being saddled with Thomass/Ricky.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 
Well Sally, Jr is growing on me in a big way!  I was a huge fan of Sally Spectra - no one was ever larger than life than she & this new kid is not only rockin' her spirit but even using her phrases etc.  I'm loving it!  I'm also tickled to have CJ back with the original actor - I was one who rooted for Sally to get the best of the mighty Forresters back in the day.  She made the show fun & I thought she was the best & most interesting character on the show except for Stephanie & BSC Sheila Carter.  So it's a very welcome change for me instead of the trio of suck who are draining the life out of Steffy daily.  They make my eyes glaze over!  I'm looking forward to this.
I loved the scene with Ridge nailing Brooke up against the door - reminiscent of the OLTL doctor's locker room scene - [thud]- that was hot!  Going back to my corner now.  Don't mind me.  

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #10 
"Beggin Strips commercial??" exactly! - lolol 

Sharon, do you mean Eve and Ian on Port Charles?  THAT was definitely one of my favorite  'get the electric fan out and turn it on high' soap scenes!!  Had forgotten about that one, thanks for bringing it up!! (may have to google it!)  [fireworks1]

Why don't they hook up this new redhead with WYATT??  THAT would make his mommy
self combust!!

Sharon, maybe you can help those of us who have only been watching B & B since TK came on...  Why do you think they had Sally Spectra (who looked and sounded like the mom on "Hairspray" from the back) sitting on the beach with cabana boys... does that mean they ARE going to recast her eventually??  Or is she like Phoebe Wallingford, and could NEVER be replaced??  Also, wasn't Rick one of the ones who betrayed Forrester and was a spy for the Spectra Studio long ago, or did I hear that wrong?? 
Thanks!
zen
pah

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Never having watched B&B before Thorsten joined the cast, none of the Spectra people mean anything to me..... and so far I don't like any of them. They seem loud and annoying. Maybe I'll change my mind eventually, but right now I find them just a very negative waste of screen time.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSharon
Well Sally, Jr is growing on me in a big way!  I was a huge fan of Sally Spectra - no one was ever larger than life than she & this new kid is not only rockin' her spirit but even using her phrases etc.  I'm loving it!  I'm also tickled to have CJ back with the original actor - I was one who rooted for Sally to get the best of the mighty Forresters back in the day.  She made the show fun & I thought she was the best & most interesting character on the show except for Stephanie & BSC Sheila Carter.  So it's a very welcome change for me instead of the trio of suck who are draining the life out of Steffy daily.  They make my eyes glaze over!  I'm looking forward to this.
I loved the scene with Ridge nailing Brooke up against the door - reminiscent of the OLTL doctor's locker room scene - [thud]- that was hot!  Going back to my corner now.  Don't mind me.  

Well... when you put it like that... I can't find anything to disagree with! I enjoyed the original Sally, too, and the way she used to stick it to FC -- that's why I wish they would have recast the character (the Ridge recast certainly proved that recasting an iconic character can be successfully done!), rather than stage the back-of-Sally's-head charade they did yesterday. Didn't Sally have a thing for Eric? In any event she could have really been a good foe for Quinn! I remember when Sally had CJ, but must have stopped watching it even as sporadically as I had been by the time the adult CJ appeared.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 
Well I think B&B decided Sally's portrayer couldn't be recast.  IA that nobody thought RM's Ridge could be recast either but it has been a smashing success, so maybe they should have.  But it's hard to imagine another Sally.  That's probably one thing they should not have done - showing the back of Sally's head & making up that baloney for her about the cabana boys - although I could totally see Sally saying that.  But it came off as hokey & kind of silly.  But the other stuff actually impressed me - I really liked this young woman, Sally, Jr & while she's not Sally, it struck me how much she was like her & captured her essence & spirit.  She certainly captured my attention a lot more than some others on the show!  But she would be wasted in a tringle with TTT.  Ewww.  
As for Phoebe Wallingford, sorry to say I never had the pleasure - although I have seen a few clips & read stories.  But I guess you could possibly put Sally in that irreplaceable category.  I guess they chose to go this route instead of recasting.  I loved Saul, so I'm really stoked to see the young version of him!  I rem when CJ was born -  Sally was married to Clark- CJ's bio-dad - he was shown briefly yest in some flashbacks - very handsome guy.  CJ is Clark, Jr.  I didn't really see why Patrika Darbo was cast as Sally's sister - who I've never heard mentioned before & I think she's temporary.  FWIW, I gave up watching this show when I found Zach Slater!  
Sally was sort of a combination of Auntie Mame, Ethel Merman & a little Lucy Ricardo, IMO.  She was funny & sometimes over the top cartoonish & bawdy but I thought she made the show.   She was unique.  Such a fascinating contrast to the Forresters.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Didn't start watching B&B til Thorsten joined, and he is truly wonderful as Ridge.   But now, watching the Sally Spectra revival, I feel I'm watching a Green Acres spinoff.  Didn't like that show either.  I keep waiting for the pig to walk thru the door.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #15 
Today's show should have been sponsored by Kraft, Sargento, and Borden's -- all that whine served by Thomas, Rick, and Maya really called for a big tray of cheese to go with it, not to mention Bill's sour grapes! Although Bill also served up his usual cheese. But there aren't enough vineyards in the world for that.

Ehhh. I'm just going to post a couple of things I did enjoy today -- two satisfying examples of no-dialogue-needed acting that I could watch over and over.

[tk_bb02-03-17_anim1] 
[tk_bb02-03-17_anim2] 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 
^^^ Who needs anything else?  [bowing]

One thing I did find quite funny is how much more pathetic Mr. Macho Man Spencer gets every day.  He's actually sitting back waiting patiently for Brooke to go back to him.  While he waits, Ridge & Brooke are  screwing each other's brains out. 

The stallion has apparently been neutered, lol!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

The stallion has apparently been neutered, lol!

Gelded. <g>

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy

Gelded. <g>

LOL!!!

[beatdeadhorse] Snip, snip!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina

LOL!!!

[beatdeadhorse] Snip, snip!

ROFL!!! Now burn Saul's pinking shears!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #20 
There was so much going on today, I don't know where to start. So I'll start with the last scene first. Wow! That was riveting. While part of me was glad Brooke walked in when she did because I just want the truth to come out once and for all and let the chips fall where they may (I mean, put her with Bill - STAT! Bill's mocking Ridge to Ridge's own daughter - who should be telling him to piss up a rope, not lending him a shoulder - is so damn pathetic), part of me wished Brooke had waited a few seconds longer before she came in, because I really wanted to hear Ridge's response to Quinn...but then I guess the way he answers Brooke on Monday will answer her. Seems to me though that Quinn just used that pretext as an excuse to get close to Ridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Ehhh. I'm just going to post a couple of things I did enjoy today -- two satisfying examples of no-dialogue-needed acting that I could watch over and over.

BTW, TK got some much deserved credit for his nonverbal acting in this article. He should have gotten a lot more praise AFAIC but at least the scene got the attention it deserved.

[editorschoice0213]

P.S. Sally looks more like she's bringing 1940s style back than the 80s (which I would have no problem with, the only thing worth keeping from the 80s is some of the music IMO)! Right now it feels as if the Spectra scenes are being spliced in from a different show. From the original Sally Spectra scenes they've shown, I don't know why they ever got rid of that family in the first place, though.

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #21 
I thought the same thing - Sally, Jr's hairdo today was def 40's!  Christy, I had the same feeling - that Quinn used that to steal a chance to visit Ridge!  Kathy, thanks for our treat today!  

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #22 
The Spectra's are taking away from my Ridge-time!!!  Shoo!!!!

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
tkgirl

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pah
Never having watched B&B before Thorsten joined the cast, none of the Spectra people mean anything to me..... and so far I don't like any of them. They seem loud and annoying. Maybe I'll change my mind eventually, but right now I find them just a very negative waste of screen time.

I had stopped watching when the previous Thorne left.   I find them annoying also.

Katbert

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylVanover
The Spectra's are taking away from my Ridge-time!!!  Shoo!!!!

The Spectra Gang seems like a bad sit-com to me.  And I'm feeling they'll be front and center with Thomas being propped left and right.  So not interested.  Sally seems like she should be pimping for "Brash & Sassy" (Y&R); she's just too much - needs to tone it down.  JMO.

And of course anyone taking screen time away from TK is not winning any popularity contest.  I'm looking forward to what Ridge has to say to Brooke about "The Secret" she overheard him and Quinn talking about.  That's must-see TV for me.  Not these OOT buffoons.
Drew

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #25 
I want a right woman for Ridge ... that is not Brooke or Quinn, I don't like this pairings

By the way, Thomas has been horrible with Steffy, I got used to him giving out his frustrations on Ridge, but Steffy has been always too good with him and he has said awful thing to and about her

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
I want a right woman for Ridge ... that is not Brooke or Quinn, I don't like this pairings

I agree!!!!!!!! Me neither!!!!!

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #27 
I agree on all off you, brooke and Quinn are not the one for Ridge..
Im hoping for Caroline to come back and reunite CaRidge..... CaRidge for ever!❤️

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #28 
I believe they'll bring Caroline back, too many fans are outraged over her leaving, so I don't think they'll have any choice!

None of us have the promise of tomorrow.  If you love someone tell them and constantly show them.
Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #29 
OK, I did not see that coming -- good save, Ridge. Except I don't want you to save Quinn. So don't be so damn good at it, Ridge. Just stop it. Stop it right now. Too late [frown] I just love that kind of Ridge scene...sigh [sad0149]. What a man. I just wish I had another choice for him beside Quinn or Brooke :/. But I love that kind of Ridge scene. Yeah, one moment out of time - that's the ticket.  See that g-o-n-e-r neon sign on my forehead? Cause it's flashing right now! Yep...off to watch again!
Alina

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Sigh! [hammer]
What am I gonna do with Thorsten?  Now he's gone and done it to me again...he's made [pig_flying].   I despise everything that Quinn stands for and yet the type of scene we got today, with TK spinning his magic, spinning crap into big huge nuggets of gold, I found myself smiling, nodding and [yahoo][yesss]

I give up!  Pass the [popcorn] [tequila] [shower2]

You win, TK...you WIN at life! lol!

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #31 
My reaction to today's Ridge scenes was exactly the same so pass the flashing neon sign! Not the sledgehammer! LOL!

When you permanently and irrevocably hate, loathe, despise, and abhor a character as much as I do Quinn, but the other character in the scene with her is treating her with such powerful compassion and understanding that it (gently) smacks you upside the head and (momentarily!) makes you forget how you feel about her -- now that is one hell of an acting job!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
These sweet, tender scenes are Ridge ... HE is" every woman's

unattainable dream ".. he is understanding, empathetic, supportive... SEXY...did I

say he is SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...like the song says ''break up to make up" Brooke and Ridge .. so many reunions

and IMO Katie and Caroline should have just as many! Bring it on!

The women that Ridge loves are always ready for the next chapter of more

RIDGENESS!

Malin88

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylVanover
I believe they'll bring Caroline back, too many fans are outraged over her leaving, so I don't think they'll have any choice!

Yes, I believe so!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 

about today's episode.... I hope TK comes back SOON!

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Bluegaze - Ditto!!!

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #36 
Tritto!

Hopefully, next time I see Ridge, he'll be just in time to stop Quinn from flattening Katie with a sledgehammer -- and Eric will be right behind him.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Please come back soon Ridge.  This story with Sally et al is painful to watch. That food fight.  Ugh.  As is Brooke running to Eric like a tween-ager to tell him her sister has a crush on him.  I hope Quinn flattens her and Katie.  I certainly wouldn't be watching this carp if TK wasn't on the show.
emilymoonbeam

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #38 
Neither would I and a great many other people. I watch rately and TK is the only reason. I am furious that they have taken Linsey off contract.
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 
From FB - they landed in Australia - check out TK looking all buff!   

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #40 
Thanks, Sharon -- that helps make up for the aggravating waste of time that I watched between 1:30 and 1:55 today. Thomas once again showed his lack of self-control and his lack of respect for women, and I hope to never see Zende in his Mad Hatter get-up and Nicole in her Belle Watling garb ever again.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 
Belle Wattling?!?!!!  [bahaha]  Speaking of her, Kathy did you catch GWTW last night?  I couldn't possibly sit up that late but had it on in my bedroom all night - bleary-eyed today.  Mad Hatter?!  I think maybe Jiminy Cricket!  Yikes!  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #42 
Thank you ,Sharon, for letting me know where our man is. I thought he might be just taking some time off...he's been on so many epis lately. I know I'm weird, but it unnerves me when I have  no idea where he is  or how long his absence will be.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #43 
Jiminy Cricket!!! Dying!!! [rofl2]

Sharon, I missed GWTW last night so I'm planning to watch it this weekend on TCM's website where (in case you didn't know) their just-aired movies are available for a short time (I've literally had movies yanked while watching them so I've learned to check the end dates!). I connect my laptop to the TV so I can watch on the big screen, but TCM also has a mobile app and if you have Apple TV you can stream it to your TV with that.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 
Wow - thanks Kathy - no I didn't realize that.  That's good to know.  They're showing some of the classics on the big screen theaters locally now, too & this weekend it's An Affair to Remember, a favorite of mine.  Hub is taking me to see it for Valentine's!  Here's another pic just posted on FB of the actors in Australia.
 Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky, bridge, outdoor and water

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #45 
Thanks for sharing those pictures .... Thorsten looks stunning....

tkgirl

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #46 
I saw a pic on twitter, I think they were at the airport.

So a carriage ride erases cheating? [rolleyes]  I miss TK, but am glad I don't have to watch this garbage when he's not on.
SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #47 
one more just posted -

Image may contain: 6 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #48 
Thorsten haircut...I love it!

He is sexier with every passing year...it is AMAZING...a true movie STAR!

Maybe Australia holds surprises...an unfulfilled past love will come and beg for

a second chance with Ridge!

zenderella

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #49 
Thanks for posting the pics!
The new haircut makes him look like...  ZACH SLATER!  [love]

ps. Moderators, I love all the emoticons that you've added!!
bluegaze

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #50 
zenderella... I just rushed through my grocery shopping to post exactly that and you

beat me to it! LOL

Image may contain: 1 person, standingHe's SO FINE!!!!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.