Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 

My guess is that TK's really excited about the Red Wings in the NHL playoffs.  Game's on tomorrow on NBC at 1 Eastern.  I'm going to try to watch to show my support and because it will probably be a good game.  How about y'all?

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 
I'll check it out just because TK might be watching, too... oh, the thought!

GO RED WINGS!  WIN FOR TK!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

My guess is that TK's really excited about the Red Wings in the NHL playoffs.  Game's on tomorrow on NBC at 1 Eastern.  I'm going to try to watch to show my support and because it will probably be a good game.  How about y'all?

I am Happy for TK that his Red Wings are in the playoffs. I am going to watch too.GO Red Wings.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

Well the Red Wings won today,  3-1, so I guess we know some one who is a happy camper.

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Yes, it was a good game.  Especially the first period when they scored twice.  It's always good to be rooting for the winning team.  I must say Calgary's goalie blocked quite a few shots even though 3 got in.  I like hockey so much better than baseball, lots more action.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

I watched as much of the game as I could - saw the 2 goals !! The storm has played havoc with my Dish !! We have received so much SNOW it's not funny! and its not over yet!!! BUT the TV does not always stay with a picture !! just another joy of living in Vermont!!! Its very cold and snowy and windy - I hope we don't loose the power!!

Ande
Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #7 
For anyone keeping score -- the Red Wings lost both games in Calgary.  A critical game coming up back in Detroit on Saturday.  Calgary's got one heck of a goal tender!

Go Red Wings! 
Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #8 
Important game on today (Saturday) at 3 on NBC.  Let's show our support by cheering Detroit on to a sorely needed win. 

It should be an exciting game and it'll be a good excuse to take a break and kick back with a cold one!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #9 

I'll be there!! well here watching!!   I hope the Wings had a good pep talk

Ande
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

He must be very happy THE WINGS WON 5 TO 1  lots of action........I watched the last part !!! My poor dog gets upset cause I make all sorts of noise cheering and she just doesn't understand!!!

Ande
Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #11 
The Detroit Red Wings defeated the Calgary Flames (2-1) in double OT to win the series (4-2).    The Red Wings advance to Round 2.

Both teams played a great game -- I wish I could have seen it. 
Congratulations Red Wings and good luck in Round 2!!! 

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captivated
The Detroit Red Wings defeated the Calgary Flames (2-1) in double OT to win the series (4-2).    The Red Wings advance to Round 2.

Both teams played a great game -- I wish I could have seen it. 
Congratulations Red Wings and good luck in Round 2!!! 

Yes, I sat up til way after midnite & watched that game & it was great!  Now
I cannot believe at this stage of my life that me, a Southerner, is sitting up all hrs of the nite watching HOCKEY of all things, but that's what TK does to me!!  YAAA  Red Wings! 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

I watched as long as I could and then had to go to bed!! so I said a prayer !! and wow

what a game that was!  I love to watch  Hockey but the best part now is to have a fav team to cheer for.

GO WINGS  

Ande
Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #14 
Way to go Red Wings!  After a disappointing loss in the first game and a slow start this second game of the series, Detroit came back and won the game against the Sharks.  I hope they can keep the momentum going when they face the Sharks in the Tank.

Good Luck Red Wings!  
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

Quote:
Way to go Red Wings!  After a disappointing loss in the first game and a slow start this second game of the series, Detroit came back and won the game against the Sharks.  I hope they can keep the momentum going when they face the Sharks in the Tank.

Good Luck Red Wings!  

YaY! GO RED WINGS!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

RED WINGS WIN!!  3-2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #17 

I have been watching the playoffs with the Red Wings and I am so thrilled they are doing so well! A great team!

Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #18 
Woohoo!  The Wings have evened the series at 2-2.  They were down 2-0 in the 2nd period, scored, still down 2-1 in the closing minute of regulation, and scored with 34 seconds left to tie the game and force OT.  They fought hard and scored to win the game 3-2.  Back to Detroit...

Go Red Wings! 
Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #19 

What a great game today!  Red Wings win 4-1; they lead the series 3-2.  Back to San Jose...

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:

What a great game today!  Red Wings win 4-1; they lead the series 3-2.  Back to San Jose...

Yay! GO Red WINGS!

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #21 
So far I haven't caught any of the games that the Red Wings have lost in this playoff series.  I've only seen wins and it is definately making me appreciate the game of hockey.  It's an exciting game.     I wish our Aeros were half as good as the Wings.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 

Red Wings win it 2-0 & eliminate Sharks!

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #23 

Someone must be really really happy! 

Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #24 
Wow, the treats just keep coming!  After seeing TK in a towel today and being treated to the new banner, I didn't think the day could get better.  I was wrong.  The Red Wings played really well as a team and shut-out the Sharks tonight (2-0) to win the series 4-2.  They now advance to play in the Western Conference Final against Anaheim. 

Congratulations Red Wings and continued good luck! 
Ann

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysonlyyou

Red Wings win it 2-0 & eliminate Sharks!

YeeeHaaaaaw!!!!!!
It wasn't televised here.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #26 

I didn't get to see it either -- I had to listen to it on the radio.  It would have been great to see, though!

Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #27 

I've got my schedule for the upcoming games off the NHL site.  I'm going to really try to not miss any.  None interfer with Lost so I won't have to make a decision there.  I was hoping that the final outcome might be the Red Wings and New York.  Then we might be able to catch a glimse of Toasty.  Does anyone know if Susan's from Ottawa? 

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

I've got my schedule for the upcoming games off the NHL site.  I'm going to really try to not miss any.  None interfer with Lost so I won't have to make a decision there.  I was hoping that the final outcome might be the Red Wings and New York.  Then we might be able to catch a glimse of Toasty.  Does anyone know if Susan's from Ottawa? 

Susan is from Toronto.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

Susan is from Toronto.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Canadians.

They are truly some of the nicest folks I've ever met.  I bought my house in California from an Ottawa-nian.   Nicest family in the world.  I'll never forget them.

The question about Susan just reminded me.....that's all.

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #30 
The Red Wings won the first game of the series with the Ducks (2-1).  Kudos to the Wings Goaltender and Penalty Killers.  Great job!

Go Red Wings!!!   
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #31 

Congratulations RED WINGS  gREAT gAME

Ande
Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 
Hehehe I had too much fun with one of the security guards here, he actually had the GALL to tell me the other night that those Quackers were gonna whoop on the Wings!  I called the guardhouse and when he answered the phone I said, "yeah, I got yer ducks - quaaaaaack!"  I'm having too much fun with this guy...

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #33 
One step closer to the cup. 

FYI.  Next game 7:30 Eastern Time, Sunday. 

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 

These games are wonderful to watch and now I wonder if TK will be at any of the next ones!! I would think he might 

Ande
Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #35 
Oops.  Lost in OT.

It looks like this won't be an easy set of games.  The Ducks really dominated the puck Sunday.  Who would think that if a goalie accidentally carries the puck over the line in a piece of his equipment that would count.  In my book he had stopped that puck.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 

Rbe I have to agree with you!!  we shall see about the next game!! Hope they can do it. 

Ande
Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #37 
Great game tonight (I wish I could have seen it!). The Wings shutout the Ducks 5-0 and lead the series (2-1).  I hope they can carry the momentum through to the next game.

Go Red Wings! 
Froggie

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 

Wake up Wings!!!  Grrrrrr!  This is making my ulcer act up, IJS!  Anybody else watching/listening to this???? 12:13 left in reg. play,. ducks 4-3, grrrrr!  come ON Wings!!! 

ETA...Excuse me while I go beat my head against the wall...grrrrrr

OK wings, this just became a 6 game series, let's get serious!!!!!!!!!! You did it before, you can do it again, pluck them ducks!!!!

Laugh and the world laughs with you; cry and your mascara runs!

Banner by Fil
Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #39 
I can't tell you how disappointed I am in this game.  I suppose the Ducks had to come out swinging after that last game.  The Wings outshot the Ducks had so many scoring opportunites (incl. a couple of 5 on 3 chances) and couldn't convert.  Why, WHY did Hasek leave the net empty and give away that last goal? 

The series is tied at 2-2 and there's plenty of time -- I just hope the Wings can wear 'em down.  Pronger will be back for the next game, and I think he'll be dangerous.  Back to Detroit...

Go Red Wings!!!  

Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #40 

Well there's another OOPS.  I certainly hope the Red Wings can win the next two games or our guy's going to be bummed.  These games are becoming very exciting and frustrating also.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 

Did you hear me holler many unladylike words!!!!  TK better go and give them a pep talk!! they do need some inspiration I guess . Have to keep positive thoughts tho! usually  helps! Till Tuesday............

Ande
Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #42 

Sorry Thorsten.  I guess we'll have to wait until next year for that Cup.  I've become a hockey fan now.  Much more exciting that baseball.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.