Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

Tonight on NBC at 8 -  should be a great game - they are tied 2/2 so they need a win on the  home ice!!!

Ande
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #2 

Yea Bonnie - They really need this game tonight - I am really anxious about this one - Know they are really tired with this schedule and have a little more breathing room after this one - Both teams really want it which makes for a good game and sure hope the Wings win - Nice talking to you - Peggy

SCSharon

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Congrats Red Wings!  Won 5-0!

1 more to the Cup!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

As Jackie Gleason would say "How Sweet It Is" - Go Red Wings - Peggy

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
VERY SWEET - what a game!!!

GO WINGS

Ande
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #6 

Way to go Red Wings.What a game.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
I was down the shore watching the game with some friends and when the Wings scored I was yelling and clapping!!

Okay, so everyone turns around and looks at me and looks at me like I'm nuts . . . and ask my "why the hell do you care??"  So I told them, "okay an actor on my soap loves them so I want them to win . . . for him."

Yeah, I'm lucky they didn't have me commited on the spot!!   LOL!!

They ALL wanted the Wings to win, but they apparently have something against Pittsburgh and they are ALL die hard hockey fans.  Me??  I really have no interest unless it is the Flyers . . . or the Wings.

But happy the Wings won!!

June

Captivated

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #8 
I was nervous three hours before puck drop, so I should have known it wouldn't end well.

It seems this has been a tale of two teams -- this season I think the Wings have had a split personality disorder (lol).  You never know which team is going to show up to play.  Last year's playoffs saw the Wings win EVERY series on the road; this year (including playoffs) has been a toss-up.  Granted, they've played several games through injuries, etc., but no excuses today.

Although I believe that this year's playoffs have seen some questionable officiating, I think the Wings could have overcome that tonight if they showed up to play the full 60.  They didn't show any urgency until almost the third period, and it was just too late.  There was too much lackluster play early in the game, and hats off to the Pens because they played like they wanted to win.  As disappointed as I am in the loss, I am more disappointed in how the Wings played tonight knowing they could have finished it. 

Coach Babcock has to either light a fire under some of his underperforming players or else bench a couple of them.  Here's hoping to a much better Game 7 at the Joe to win the Cup again, but they must bring their "A" game and play the full 60 minutes.  

GO WINGS!  

Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #9 
I agree my brother in law said he found the calls favored the Penguins. The same playing plagued my Wild this year. They beat the Wings then would lose to a last place team. It was our roller coaster ride to oblivion.
They really need Osgood to be on his game. Hopefully they will win again on home ice. I want TK to experience another win.

GO WINGS!

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #10 

This one really did hit hard - I am thinking that maybe Pittsburg was not meant to have the Wings take it on Pittsburg Ice in front of all the home fans - Maybe it was just supposed to play out this way - It will be decided Friday and we can see who wants it the most - Peggy

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #11 

Nice lose!!!! Now they best win on home ice!! My original thought was that like all other sports they want to make as much $$$$$ as possible !! my bad!! however, I don't think they were acting like they wanted to win last night so next game TK best have a talk with them and get their spirits moving and Win  GO WINGS     

Ande
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #12 

Bonnie - That game really did worry me - I would hope that they would never be so sure of taking the next game - It would scare me to think that - They all seem more driven when something sets them off - I would hope they would never count on a win and be secure about it - It is really going to be about who wants it the most and I would hope they win - Will be sure to wear my hat throughout the game - Know TK will be so happy for them if they do win - Take care and nice talking to you - Peggy

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #13 

GO RED WINGS!!!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #14 

Well tonight is the big one and I think they will be fine - Sure hope to be celebrating this time tomorrow - Peggy

Ande

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #15 

GO WINGS!!!! i just had a Bluebird here on my feeder - hope that is a good omen!!

Ande
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #16 

Sure do hope they take it tonight - Hope it goes well and TK can be happy about His Red Wings - Peggy

Deb

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #17 
Awwww rats.  I was so pulling for them.

Deb
toasty2

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #18 

Saw an article where TK was at the game.  Too bad they lost.

Theory

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #19 
Man that one hurt.  I really wanted this for the guys.  On the bright side they had a great season and played their guts out, proud to be a WINGS fan.

My husband's been in Canada fishing in a fly in location with no electricity, running water ect.  I'm hoping someone breaks the news before he gets home, but I think he's going to try to avoid and hockey talk because he wants to watch the game.
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #20 

Toasty 2 - Where was the article? - Would like to read it - Was sure that TK would be at the game - It is hard to lose - Know TK and the rest of us will look forward to getting it back next year - Peggy

Donne

Silver Member
Reply with quote  #21 
Here it is:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/hockey/nhl/wires/06/12/2040.ap.hkn.stanley.cup.notebook.1st.ld.writethru.0850/
Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #22 
Donne, thanks for sharing the article.   I'm glad TK was able to get there for game 7.   I was  really rooting for the Wings.

Beverly

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #23 
WOW . . . I'm really surpised they lost.  I feel terrible for TK.

Being from Philadelphia . . . I am VERY used to being disappointed!!

Try being a freakin' Eagles fan!!

June

Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #24 

Thank you,Donne. I did watch the game last night, Sad they lost for TK. I am still bummed that last year i could of been at that hockey game at Wrigley Field that TK was at.Not that i would of saw him there,but you never know.Even if i did run into him i think,know i know i wouldn't of been able to put 2 words together.lol. Just LOVE him to pieces.

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #25 
TK on the Detroit News - Enjoy!

Sorry about the game

And you'd think the newspeople in Detroit would know how to pronounce THORSTEN by now.

Site Meter

AnneM

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #26 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy

Sorry about the game

And you'd think the newspeople in Detroit would know how to pronounce THORSTEN by now.

Site Meter

No kidding, Christy!! 

Thanks for the link.  Poor TK...his optimism was contaigious, wasn't it??  I hope he still had fun.  That was a tough loss.  Like he said, he was there to celebrate the team.  There's always next year...  Being a Red Sox fan, up until 2004, we said that a LOT!!

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #27 

Quote:

Sorry about the game

Site Meter

Yeah,you would think they would know.Thank you  Christy.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneM

Quote:

Sorry about the game

Site Meter

No kidding, Christy!! 

Thanks for the link.  Poor TK...his optimism was contaigious, wasn't it??  I hope he still had fun.  That was a tough loss.  Like he said, he was there to celebrate the team.  There's always next year...  Being a Red Sox fan, up until 2004, we said that a LOT!!

We diehard Cubbie fans say that alot too.lol.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #29 
I must admit, I'm not much of an ice hockey watcher.  I love sports, my sports
of choice are football, some baseball, figure skating, golf, Olympics, and others to watch on television.  My sister is the sports watcher here.  She watches just about anything there is on television.  So, if I'm sitting with her in her living room, I will catch some hockey.  We both watch the pre-game
shows, Comcast sports shows, Big Ten, NFL Network, etc. 

I'm from Mechanicsburg, PA, and of course follow our PA Sports Teams.
Mine of choice are the Pittsburgh Steelers and Penn State Nittany Lions!
I have been a fan for many years, dating back to the 70s for Steelers and
my high school days for PSU.  If the Steelers aren't playing the Eagles, I sort
of root for the Eagles just because they are from PA. 

Even though a PA team, the Pittsburgh Penguins, won the Stanley Cup,
I'm so sorry for Thorsten that his Red Wings lost.  I know what it's like to
be on the losing end of a favorite sports team and it's a tough loss to
take, have experienced that many times over the years. 

And, our local team, the Hershey Bears won the Calder Cup, so even though
I don't watch them much, I was happy for that. 

So, Thorsten, I'm so sorry that your team lost.  It's on to next year, that's
all you can do, and hope they can take back the Stanley Cup!  My
condolences because I do feel for you and the pain you feel for that loss. 

Lois

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #30 
Thanks for posting that link Christy!!

June
Osanna

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #31 
Sorry the Red Wings lost
I wanted them to win for Thorsten

ShadyLady

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #32 

Drat!   So wanted them to win for TK.  

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #33 

Donne - Thanks for the article.   Christy - Thanks for the interview.  Peggy

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #34 

Shady Lady - I really wanted them to win for TK too - Peggy

searose

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #35 

Thanks for clipping the interview, Christy!  When my nephew called to rub it in a bit, I corrected his "Your Wings Lost" with "no, I prefer to say that the Penguins Won"!  I know the Wings will work much harder next year to bring The Cup back to Detroit! 

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #36 

You tell him Searose - I agree with you and the win to bring the cup back will be great - Peggy (TK will have a big smile when that happens)

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #37 

Thanks for the article Christy, and the interview Donne.  I really thought they would win, I wanted it so much for Thorsten, anyway, there's always next year. I bet they'll be more hungry then.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #38 

Sorry its all over!! has been great fun watching the Wings play - However, lots of things went on that I didn't care for!!!! However, next year they will want it and play like they want to win!!! TK should have given them a big pep talk.  Its been fun !!!

Ande
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #39 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie

Sorry its all over!! has been great fun watching the Wings play - However, lots of things went on that I didn't care for!!!! However, next year they will want it and play like they want to win!!! TK should have given them a big pep talk.  Its been fun !!!

I agree with you Ande, there were quite a few things I didn't like either.  I suppose its a free for all really, but I'd like a few rules as well. I happen to think that the Red Wings got the brunt of it, I think they are a fair team, but there you are.

Take care,
Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #40 
Had company over last night and of course, the conversation turned to hockey.  TK . . . you'll be glad to know that all the guys here said that the first goal the Penguins got was "offsides" so it should NOT have counted.  They were not happy with the refs during that game.

June
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #41 

Will get it back next season - The Wings know how to win and they know how to lose with dignity and respect - That says a lot about them - Am proud of them - Peggy

Wildypoetic

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #42 
I taped the last game...working I haven't had the heart to watch it. So sad for TK!!! My BIL said the same things the refs favored the Pens. That has to have a psychological effect. You can beat the team but not the refs.
I did see that first goal and it was a missed/ignored penalty that allowed them to score.
peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #43 

Really feel bad for TK - He was so upbeat and positive in that inverview before the game - Peggy

peggy

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #44 

I told my minister that he didn't pray hard enough for My Red Wings but will look to next year - It will be a great satisfaction to win the cup back next year - Peggy

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.