Message Board

Main Section
Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I noticed in some of the pictures, TK has on an orange and green braclet.  Any idea what they are for??  The green one looks like a Philadelphia Eagles band.  Just curious.  Thanks!!  June

Zendallinhershey

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 

They were given out at the book signing.

Maryann

jam

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Thanks for the quick response.  I appreciate it.  June

Christy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam

I noticed in some of the pictures, TK has on an orange and green braclet. Any idea what they are for?? The green one looks like a Philadelphia Eagles band. Just curious. Thanks!! June

The green wristband was one of two that event goers received in their gift bag (the other was identical, but a brown color) - on the outside was debossed From Timber Ridge to Daymer Gardens Third Edition and inside was embossed A Journey In Words by Dorothy Bridges and Thorsten Kaye.

The orange wristband was from this site that we were collecting donations for. We set out little baskets of them around the room.

Selma

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

The green and the tan bracelets were given at the Book Signing to commemorate the Third Edition of TK's book!  The orange bracelet was for the people who made a donation to First Book and TheLiteracySite.com. First Book is a national nonprofit organization with a single mission: to give children from low-income families the opportunity to read and own their first new books. It's one that Thorsten supports and a portion of the proceeds from Saturday's event was donated as well.

Jordan, Logan, Tristan, Connor, and Olivia

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.