Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
Rbe

Gold Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I only watch AMC.  I refuse to get addicted to more than 1 soap.  So I've never caught PC and hadn't heard of Thorsten Kaye until he appeared on AMC as Zach.  But I have been enjoying his clips on this website, and I really, really thank the webmasters for them. 

However, the vampire storyline appears kinda weak, just as the '70s implanted embryo on AMC is dopey.  In the posters' opinions, how did it play out on PC?  Was it ridiculous or well though out?  JMO, the s/l seems rather ridiculous.  Do you think it was a symptom of the death of PC?

I've enjoy the last PC clip, "When the Darkness Comes".  Mr. Kaye's acting is quite phenomenal and I love it, up to the point where the canines come out. 

Those that have seen PC, please let me know what you think.

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #2 

The vampire s/l was absolutely absurd!  I tried watching PC when it originally aired but it was to sci-fi for me.  It was a real disappointment since it had some of the  old GH characters on it.  IMO the vampire s/l helped with the demise of the show.

Banner by Andrea
Mary

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbe

I only watch AMC.  I refuse to get addicted to more than 1 soap.  So I've never caught PC and hadn't heard of Thorsten Kaye until he appeared on AMC as Zach.  But I have been enjoying his clips on this website, and I really, really thank the webmasters for them. 

However, the vampire storyline appears kinda weak, just as the '70s implanted embryo on AMC is dopey.  In the posters' opinions, how did it play out on PC?  Was it ridiculous or well though out?  JMO, the s/l seems rather ridiculous.  Do you think it was a symptom of the death of PC?

I've enjoy the last PC clip, "When the Darkness Comes".  Mr. Kaye's acting is quite phenomenal and I love it, up to the point where the canines come out. 

Those that have seen PC, please let me know what you think.

I thought the Vampire storyline was ridiculous and also felt it was the beginning of the end for PC.That being said,Thorsten Kaye did a Brilliant job as always,and when Ian turned into a vampire it was very beleivable,unlike Caleb,who made me laugh as Caleb the vampire.And we had TOO much Caleb on all the time.SO hated how they never cured our Ian from being a vampire.Oh well.

Reply with quote  #4 

I posted on this a few week ago and thought the same thing.  TK did a great job but the S/L line was too ridiculous.  I can't imagine the actors approving of it either but some of us have bills to pay and you gotta do what you gotta do.  Who knows.........he may have viewed the s/l differently and supported it.

Personally.......TK looked more like me when I was in labor.  It just wasn't pretty.  Is it ever?  I think not.

Enis

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousFraulein

I posted on this a few week ago and thought the same thing.  TK did a great job but the S/L line was too ridiculous.  I can't imagine the actors approving of it either but some of us have bills to pay and you gotta do what you gotta do.  Who knows.........he may have viewed the s/l differently and supported it.

Personally.......TK looked more like me when I was in labor.  It just wasn't pretty.  Is it ever?  I think not.

I think Thorsten enjoyed being on PC, he was annoyed when it ended so abruptly. I think, if I remember rightly, he got nominated while on PC, its on this website in the media section I think, it has all the comments from the actors about PC. I think they were all pleased with it, and mad that it ended like it did, which just left everyone hanging.

By the way, I'm only watching the reruns on SoapNet I never saw the original, and I do think the storyline is a bit silly, but then what else is new!!!!!!

Take care,

Enis

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis
Quote:

I think Thorsten enjoyed being on PC, he was annoyed when it ended so abruptly. I think, if I remember rightly, he got nominated while on PC, its on this website in the media section I think, it has all the comments from the actors about PC. I think they were all pleased with it, and mad that it ended like it did, which just left everyone hanging.

By the way, I'm only watching the reruns on SoapNet I never saw the original, and I do think the storyline is a bit silly, but then what else is new!!!!!!

Take care,

Enis

You're right, Enis. Thorsten was nominated for the Lead Actor Emmy two years in a row (2003 and 2004) for his role as Ian Thornhart. The second nomination was for his work as Ian-the-vampire.  I hate, hate, hated that Ian was turned into a vampire. But at least Ian hated it too, and fought against it with all that was in him. Hard as it was to watch Ian's struggle, we got to watch TK do some kickass acting. And when Ian did break out the fangs, it was shocking.

After PC was canceled -- the actors weren't happy about that and neither were the viewers, including the ones like me who hated the vampire stuff, but sure as hell didn't want PC to end -- some of us here on the board joined forces to write and post a multi-part resolution, so that all the loose ends were tied up.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enis
Quote:

Take care,

Enis

You're right, Enis. Thorsten was nominated for the Lead Actor Emmy two years in a row (2003 and 2004) for his role as Ian Thornhart. The second nomination was for his work as Ian-the-vampire.  I hate, hate, hated that Ian was turned into a vampire. But at least Ian hated it too, and fought against it with all that was in him. Hard as it was to watch Ian's struggle, we got to watch TK do some kickass acting. And when Ian did break out the fangs, it was shocking.

After PC was canceled -- the actors weren't happy about that and neither were the viewers, including the ones like me who hated the vampire stuff, but sure as hell didn't want PC to end -- some of us here on the board joined forces to write and post a multi-part resolution, so that all the loose ends were tied up.

Thanks Kathy, my memory isn't as bad as I thought it was. I too hated to see Ian as a vampire but we got some wonderful acting from TK, of course his acting is always wonderful, but this was extra special, not a bit like Hamlet!!!!!!!What.

Take care,

Enis

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.