Message Board

Main Section

Author   Comment  
mizzwingz63

Bronze Member
Reply with quote  #1 

I am a huge fan of Patrick Thornhart and Marty Saybrooke on OLTL. So much so that I just had to buy Patrick's Notebook when I saw it in my local book store, I was delighted that it include a cassette tape of Thorsten reciting poetry from the book. the poems he wrote himself were amazing and beautiful and to hear him read them made them more so.

Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #2 
I still cherish my copy of Patrick's Notebook. (g) I wish the book were written to sound more like something Patrick really would have jotted down, and that the photos used for illustrations weren't poor-quality snappies, but I'll always think it was so cool that ABC gave Patrick his own book.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #3 

Got one too.  Love it.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #4 

I have Patrick's Notebook too. But i no longer can play the cassette tape as it doesn't work.: ( guess i must of played it to death.Very Cool indeed Kathy that they gave Patrick his own book.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #5 

Shoot I bought one on ebay but there was no cassette.

A day without Zach Slater is like a day without sunshine.
Kathy

Moderator/
Administrator

Reply with quote  #6 
Here is one of the poems from the tape. It's my favorite, because it's actually one that I suggested be included. I can't recall if I posted this story before, but the real author of Patrick's Notebook, Gary Warner (who also wrote several aother soap-related books for ABC), solicited poetry suggestions and some other assistance from a group of us Patrick fans in early '96, before he wrote the book. It was really a thrill to see the poems we suggested appear in the book, and to hear TK recite some of them on the tape as well.

Sonnet 116

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Here is one of the poems from the tape. It's my favorite, because it's actually one that I suggested be included. I can't recall if I posted this story before, but the real author of Patrick's Notebook, Gary Warner (who also wrote several aother soap-related books for ABC), solicited poetry suggestions and some other assistance from a group of us Patrick fans in early '96, before he wrote the book. It was really a thrill to see the poems we suggested appear in the book, and to hear TK recite some of them on the tape as well.

Sonnet 116

Thank you Kathy. Sigh,i could listen to his BEAUTIFUL voice all day&night recite poetry,(no wonder my cassette broke,lol)I LOVED that one too.How cool for you and all to see the poems you suggested appear in the book... didn't know that,that's GREAT.

Platinum Member
Reply with quote  #8 

I was at a wedding earlier this year, and that poem ( Sonnet 116 ) was recited during the ceremony.  All I kept thinking was how much more beautiful it sounded in TK's voice.  It really is a beautiful poem.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.